Three Boars Eatery
8424 109 Street
Edmonton, AB T6G 1E2Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Three Boars Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.threeboars.ca/
- Phone: (780) 757-2600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10pm
Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Brayden Kozak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Three Boars Eatery
We are a small eatery focused on locally sourced product, utilizing off cuts, and a killer beer and cocktail menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Three Boars Eatery - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Three Boars Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (20)romantic (14)special occasion (14)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (10)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Tapas servings much larger Than I expectedDennisVIPDined on 11/21/2014The server knew the menu very well and explained all the different dishes on the menu. The different tapas came at opportune times and not all together. The cost of the various tapas was a bit pricey for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting New FlavorsataylorDined on 11/10/2014We have been here twice now and both times were fantastic. The cocktail menu is awesome.. Even though we had limited knowledge of a lot of the different liquor our server was great and very helpful in describing a few of the drinks to help us make a decision. We like the restaurant because we get the opportunity to try different cuts of meat that we likely wouldn't think to try at home, and it also gives us ideas of what we can do with offal at home. We also enjoy that the food comes out slowly - it makes for a nice, relaxing evening.. and a chance to try out a few more of those cocktails ;) We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The 3 Boars Dining ExperienceawvsDined on 11/9/2014The 3 Boars continues to be a favourite dining experience. There is nothing ho-hum about this restaurant. The menu (tapas style) is unique and simply complex (I realize that is a paradox) and changes seasonally using meat and produce from local farmers The drink menu is extensive and with the assistance of the informed and aware servers, provides an exciting choice experience that can be otherwise daunting. The 3 Boars ranks with my top 5 dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menuNickname4reviewsDined on 11/8/2014Good selection of 'normal' food as well as some weird stuff for anyone looking to try something a bit different. Great staff, a little chilly upstairs by the windows though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely but not very impressivePipiDined on 11/5/2014This was our first time at Three boars and we had a good time. I have to compliment the server; she was very friendly but professional and unobtrusive. Panzanella salad was very fresh and tasty, in their ever-changin menu that seems to be the staple. Crab potato salad and wings were tasty but just ok. Portions were slightly smaller than anticipated. Overall pleasant but I won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- Everyone should try at least once!joyousjessDined on 11/2/2014Upon entering the room was very dark. We joked about being old and needing a flashlight to read the menu. Although the room is unique the hard metal chairs and wooden benches make it very uncomfortable to sit in. The tart, and pork jowl were quite good. The Cauliflower was amazing! Unfortunately we had to send our entrée back. We felt the dry aged strip loin was very tough to cut and slightly off. These things happen and the way the server dealt with the situation was perfect. She simply asked for feedback for the kitchen team. She trusted our opinion and had it removed from the bill. Our deserts were also very good. Overall a great new Restaurant that everyone should try at least once. I would not say this is a good place for children.Special Features:
- A Very Pleasurable EveningBreckDined on 10/29/2014For my wife and I this was one of our rare opportunities to escape for a night out without the kids. Its always hard to separate yourself from the ever-present "kids conversation," but for us it was easy in large part due to the immersive dining experience in the restaurant. From learning about each of the beverages we could and did select from to the exquisite dished that were as interesting aesthetically as they were on the palate. We loved it and will likely return (although I'd assume next time we'll book earlier and bring the children.Special Features:
- Three Boars in the BestTadlingtonDined on 10/20/2014Ever since Three Boars opened, I've been charmed. They have the best of cocktail bars, they source their food from local farmers, many of whom they have personal friendships with. I feel good about every dollar I spend there.Special Features:
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was our second visit and we were very pleased. Love how the menu changes. This will be our Go To Favorite!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre and pricey.randomeatsDined on 10/11/2014The food was nothing to write home about. Over-priced and not worth it as a whole. The food pairings were peculiar, and not in a positive way.Special Features:
- Ruby & friendsRubyDined on 10/10/2014This was a fun place to try. The tapas were very good & the service was great. The food arrived promptly & hot. The only issue we had was trying to find a parking spot until we realized there is parking in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UofA Group ExperiencekiscDined on 10/2/2014I brought a group from the UofA and our experience was amazing. Our server was attentive and allowed us to hang around much longer than necessary. We had several out of town guests with us, and I think everyone was pleased with the food and atmosphere. Thank you for a wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushroom Soup to die forwinoDined on 9/26/2014Overall experience was superb. Server was super helpful and made great recommendations. We enjoyed everything…smoked olives, Oka Tart, mushroom soup (best dish), and one other small plate with meat that I don't remember but was tasty. For desert we shared bread pudding. Perfect amount of food for 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I loved every dish I had at Three Boars. Each was an unexpected delight, full of flavour and nicely presented. My drink was also terrific, although it was a very small glass for the $11 price. I think I'd skip the drink next time and order another small plate instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice little placechefjeffDined on 9/13/2014I read an article on the Tomato about the place and recognized one of the owners Brayden. I went to cooking school at the same time as him. It sure is nice to go somewhere and not see a menu built for everyone. With items like smoked pork jowls and rabbit roulade how can you go wrong? Great for foodies and people with an adventurous palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!KushDined on 9/12/2014Very unique food that tastes amazing. The dishes are made to order as tapas/share style, which is an excellent way to try a bit of everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SatisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Creative and very tasty food made for sharing...it's what I've been looking for...for years. Causal atmosphere, friendly staff and good service. Not a fan of olives, I tried and loved the smoked olives (a bar snack). That, and "Dragons on Horseback" and we were sold...this was going to be a very satisfying evening.Special Features:
- ExcellentJilaryzillaDined on 9/5/2014Three Boars is a consistently excellent dining experience. The rabbit in particular was extraordinary, the perfect tenderness and flavor. Just delicious!Special Features:
- Three boars not boring!tjedmontonDined on 8/30/2014We loved the choices at Three Boars. We liked ordering several things and sharing. Although the price is a bit high for the portion size, we loved the ingredients, the flavours, and the care with which it was prepared and presented. Service was good. Gets noisy and busy, but we went for an early dinner, then a show and it worked out perfectly!Special Features:
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Nice little spot, beer cocktails were not to my liking but different. Food was good, nothing spectacular aside from the suck which was spectacular. Service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the hypeImpressmeandIwillpayDined on 8/25/2014First, two nifty inventions I have heard about that may help them out...air conditioning and screens. I was given a gift card for three boars and we made our way there last week. We were sat at a table upstairs next to the open windows which helped with the heat in the place but due to the lack of screens on the windows we were annoyed by wasps the entire meal. We started with smoked olives (amazing), chicken liver bomb, and devils on horseback as well as some very pricy beers (8 bucks and not even a pint). Chicken liver bomb was small but tasty and the d.o.h.b. were good but not great. For our larger plates we ordered pork belly and duck breast. Pork belly was very tasty but the duck although cooked well lacked flavour. Might b back.
- it was ok, but not outstandingSueSDined on 8/18/2014Great service. Food was ok...expected much better, but it was a Monday night. Red wine was warmer than room temperature.
- justicejVIPDined on 8/16/2014this is a very unique restuarabt with a menu like no other. it you want adventure in dining this is for you. some of the food is exceptional other no so. not fine dining but exciting jaaSpecial Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Three Boars Eatery reviews archive.