1321 W. Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Little Italy / University Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://threeaceschicago.com/
- Phone: 3122431577
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch 7 Days a Week: 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner 7 Days a Week: 4:00pm-11:00pm Late night menu 11:00pm-1:00am 7 days a week Bar until 2am, Sat: 3am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matt Troost
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 150
- Private Party Contact: anthony potenzo 3128043883
- Entertainment: D.J's Fri-Sat-Sunday evening
- Special Events: Half-Priced Pizza Every Day 4-6 PM Mondays.........$5 PBR can and shot of Jameson combo.. 1/2 price pizza all day Tuesdays.........$5 Frank 'n Stein Housemade Frank and pint of select beer Sundays..........$5 Tito's Vodka Marys
A word from Three Aces
The Italian countryside meets the American farmhouse...in Keith Richard's basement bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Three Aces reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (34)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (22)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (19)hot spot (12)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)great for lunch (7)romantic (4)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Menu With Different ChoicesCalibirdDined on 9/28/2014My friends and I really loved 3 Aces. It's nice and casual, a menu with unordinary items and a great refreshing cocktail menu. We really liked everything we ordered. The gnocchi were really great! The only complaint we had (and it was pretty minor) was that our server was never to be found until she came into the room and popped up. We had ordered a round of drinks and one cocktail did not come with the rest. Our server said she was waiting to get it garnished. About 4 minutes later a different person brought it and it did not have one bit of garnish on it. We never saw our original server again until after the food was brought to our table. Then again, she popped back in out of thin air. She was very nice, but just tough to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- erinVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was good, but the service was slow. Asked for for a vodka tonic, came back with just a vodka tonic, no lemon or lime, as I asked for it. Order the zuchhini salad with chicken. Forgot the chicken and brought it out when we were finished. it was cold. I like the place, would go back, but...not for a while
- Awesome vibe and menu!iSeah11Dined on 9/16/2014The whole vibe of the indoor and outdoor space is great for a chill and trendy get together. Went with my ladies dinner club and we all were deciding between three different items on the menu - everything looked so good! And it all was! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Finally was able to check it out.NorgeVIPDined on 9/7/2014I have heard of 3 Aces for years, but it was out of the way and I didn't make it there until this past weekend. The only thing disappointing was that the menu wasn't nearly as extensive as it looked online, but that was because it was a breakfast/lunch Sunday menu. The Bloody Marys were fantastic, and the sandwiches were really, really good, as were the fries with sauce. I would definitely like to come back and try a dinner menu!
- Great place!TwistedsistersDined on 8/30/2014Great outdoor space. Perfect weather to eat outdoors. They did have heaters, if needed. The food was excellent. They change their menu often, so everything is seasonal and fresh. Great service. Everyone is friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Went to 3 Aces on Sat. Ordered one of their pizzas. The sauce was very bland. Ordered a rye whisky on the rocks. THey charged me a dollar for the ice. How petty
- Don't skip it...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The menu is perfect & changes often, but the staples are always there & so good. Beer menu is also ever changing to match the incredibly tasty food. Highly recommend checking out this great neighborhood joint with top chef style dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!nomadVIPDined on 8/1/2014Have now eaten on their patio twice, and loved it both times. The food is surprisingly delicate and refined relative to the decor. The vibe is neighborhoody with a little edge. Nice beer list. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Best Patio ExperienceFoodie9VIPDined on 7/30/2014Great food, ample beer list, huge outdoor patio and fun vibe. One of my favorite restaurants in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- laid back outdoor diningkirstjenVIPDined on 7/24/2014This place is basically a bar with significantly better than average bar food. I think I had the best Old Fashioned of my life. I only had one, but I could have had more. We had a roasted strawberry salad which was a tasty surprise for me, with a tarragon buttermilk dressing. We followed that up with the burgers - very juicy & with a nice smoky flavor from bacon jam. Finally, we had strawberry shortcake. The dessert was a bit on the small side if you want to share. The outdoor dining is large, has plenty of heaters & the tables are NOT crammed together like in so many Chicago settings. A really nice, mellow evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/13/2014Music was LOUD and intusive. Many beer drinkers and all customers had to shout to hear one another. Even the wait staff agreed that it was hard to communicate with customers and almost impossible to hear the phone ring. The loud and somewhat tasteless music almost ruined the excellent food
- Good burger, but there are better.resiak1958VIPDined on 6/15/2014Snooty service for a biker bar atmosphere. The charcuterie/cheese plate was OK, but sparse for $18 bucks. Good music. Gourmet burgers were prepared competently.
- Off the Beaten PathOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Three of us came to Chicago to see a musical but wanted to find a place to eat that was a little different then the restaurants around the theater district. The atmosphere here is excellent, especially on a summer night when you can sit outside, and even if it is cool out, they have plenty of heat lamps to help you stay warm. We ordered the lemon risotto, the chicken and ram sausage with creamy polenta, and a pizza which had a very thin hand rolled crust. We all enjoyed our meal immensely and the IPA that was recommended was excellent (sorry, forgot the name of it)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MunchkinMunchkinDined on 6/7/2014I celebrated my 11 year anniversary there. The experience was quite pleasurable however the inside of the bar was so dim it was difficult for me to read the menu or see what i was eating.Special Features:
- Three Aces Not to be MissedCHIMOMSTYLEDined on 6/5/2014Super cool setting with fantastic cocktails and seasonal meals! Great service as well.Special Features:
- Great place, bad night.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/3/2014I will start by saying this is one of my favorite places in the city to hang out. However, the last experience was terrible. I had reservations for 6 through open table. When I got there they did not have a table for me. They wanted to sit my part at 2 separate tables. Once we were forced to site inside at the bar top table in the corner, we found that the beer tap system was down as well. After ordering our food we waited over 30 mins to receive it. Based on my previous visits I am willing to give it another shot, but if I experience the same type of service twice, I'm gone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 275 reviews are from the Three Aces reviews archive.
- Italian restaurant metal barOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014The menu is interesting and fun- I would have chosen other plates but my dining companions were less adventurous (I'm still trying to imagine the gnocchi with sweetbreads). However, the food was generally enjoyable. The noise level isn't just "energetic"- I believe their amps do go to 11 and stay there. I can now understand why there was a wait for outside seating. The pace of the meal was on the slow side for my liking- The server would disappear for extended periods of time.Special Features:
- Great service, good beer.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014Went here for a celebration over the weekend and the staff was so friendly and attentive. Great beer, great patio, and i'd highly recommend the beets.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedNaturalhorsegirlDined on 5/17/2014We did a search for the best authentic Italian food in Chicago and 3 Aces popped up. It had great reviews so we tried it. Our food was good but the menu was limited and the ambience was not what we expected. Not a place to go for a nice dinner. Good for a beer and a burger.Special Features:
- Good for a fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2014The menu is unique and the food was great. Highly recommend their pizza. The gnocci and rabbit was amazing, best item on the menu, but the portion was light and more would have been appreciated. Bt the pizzas are cheap and huge.
- a neighborhood favoriteHarrisonDined on 5/11/2014I've been to Three Aces several times now. Its my go-to gastropub for the near West side. Great food, great service, great music, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceRawdlDined on 5/10/2014I was good with the food & service @ 3 Aces especially for the type of dining you would expect for a restaurant / bar Our server had a mix up with our order so we had a wait. But she made up for it by sending over some complimentary appetizers I would go backSpecial Features:
- Not a favoriteindifferentDined on 5/10/2014We show up at the reservation time however the restaurant was not able to seat us - we had to wait 25 mins to be seated. Menu offering are very limited ! service extremely slow. Nothing special about this place, would probably not go back againSpecial Features:
- UniqueRogColDined on 5/10/2014Food looked and tasted good. Prices reasonable. Good service. Unique food presentation. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before you go to the UC..MJM58Dined on 4/23/2014Great place to go before a Hawks game or a concert. Staff is very good at handling whatever time schedule you need. Went there before a Hawks game last week and had a great time. Drinks are good-- they make a very good Moscow Mule. The fries are a good way to start and the burgers are excellent. Noise level was about as you would expect but my date and I were able to hear each other without a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Gastro pub' ?ReddogbluedogDined on 4/18/2014Very disappointed in beer selection. Demerit points just for that. Nothing I couldn't buy at jewel. If you don't live in neighborhood, I wouldn't go out of my way to go here. Had burger and octopus and some apps. Burger was good but octopus for being grilled , was expecting a little char and didn't get it . Maybe that's just me.. Flavor was ok. I could see how the patio could be a lot of fun in summer.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, avg food/serviceAppleDave82Dined on 3/29/2014I really liked the atmosphere, but thought the food was overhyped. The baked olive dish was very good, but needs more bread! 2 pieces just isn't enough for an $8 dish. The pork tenderloin was well-cooked, but needed more seasoning apart from the cheese. Maybe our server was having an off night and we took some time making decisions, but it felt like she was giving us a lot of attitude, and we believe she deliberately ignored us, refusing to make eye contact at least twice.Special Features:
- Best birthday!spicygarlicVIPDined on 3/29/2014I made a large reservation on a saturday night and they were extremely accommodating, even put us near TVs to watch a game. I've also had brunch on the patio during the summer and that was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTwistedsistersDined on 3/29/2014Great food and drinks. Menu changes regularly with new and unique dishes. Always interested in seeing what the chef has created. The vodka sours are the best. The outside dining is the best. Can't wait for it to open. Would highly recommend this place to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ritzy food for a barmkchicagoDined on 3/25/2014Definitely not the usual bar fare. Real restaurant fare at reasonable prices. Great mortadella pizza...served on a slice of tree trunk? Odd. Music is way too loud and ambience is totally bar. Okay for an after work or before game nosh.Special Features:
- Take off top list of gastro-pubcypherDined on 3/22/2014Place is good for a romantic date. Food isn't all that great, overpriced definitely. Not on my top list at all.Special Features:
- Got charged $14 for bringingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Got charged $14 for bringing in birthday cupcakes from home. We weren't notified that there was going to be a service charge, not was this listed clearly on the menu or when making the reservation. The waitress, who was nice, even took one of the cupcakes we offered her but did not mention the surcharge or comp it after taking a cupcake. Put a bit of a damper on an otherwise pleasant night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the atmosphere fool you!ChitownfoodieVIPDined on 3/21/2014This place has amazing food for a "biker bar" type of atmosphere. The burgers are the best we've ever had! Great beer selection too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a VERY casual, loud barOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014It's a VERY casual, loud bar with GREAT food! Good drinks including Moscow Mules!Special Features:
- Excellent mealTwistedsistersDined on 3/15/2014The pork rinds were fantastic. I had the special corned beef special. It was so good that I went back the next night in hopes if having it again. They had a different special, but I had another great meal. For those of you who have never tried one of Three Aces vodka sours, I highly recommend them. Can't wait for the outside to open!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not expecting such aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014I was not expecting such a good restaurant out of what looked like a small neighborhood bar but I was impressed. Good bar scene on the Friday we went although it was a bit dark inside. They had patio seating but it was too cold the day we went. We sat at a table near a few students playing pool but there was plenty of room between us and the group playing. Their beer menu was solid, it had some unique and very good brews. Their Ace burger was delicious.Special Features:
- Don't believe the hypewhatsthedealDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I don't have the opportunity to eat out very often, so perhaps we feel disappointment more deeply than others whose next meal out is just around the corner. We picked Three Aces for dinner before a show at the United Center because it had been highly recommended by on-line reviewers and had availability. The ambience is basic-bar - dark, musty, loud conversation. Our server was less than friendly, more like uninterested. Maybe this place only cares about regulars. But how do you become a regular if you're not treated in a way that makes you feel the people working there were glad you came? The food was okay - the risotto with beef cheeks had more meat flavor than my Aces burger, which was overpowered by the toppings.
- Cozy SpotGamerFoodieDined on 3/3/2014Nice spot to chill and grab a drink and chit chat. They have a large outdoor patio which was closed off due it still being winter. However, it was very nice indoors. Great cocktail menu and many beers to choose from. Their wood oven pizzas are great and their special french fries are awesome. I definitely recommend checking this place out.Special Features:
- Chic Biker BarsherylsouthloopDined on 3/1/2014The food at this place is outstanding. It's a fairly small menu, and you need to be a little adventurous, but their pairings for entrees are delicious! We had scallops, mushroom risotto with beef cheeks and the hamburger. Highly recommend! Might be a little intimidating for suburbanites. Great beer and cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayNicoletteDined on 2/14/2014Went with my husband for Valentine's Day - we have been several times and Three Aces is one of our favorite spots. We love the cheese and charcuterie to start off with. We have always wanted to try the burger because it looks so good and finally did...it was perfectly cooked and delicious. We also had the risotto with braised beef, I didn't want to share it! Didn't make it to dessert this time, but enjoyed some excellent drinks. Our server was terrific, so friendly & helpful! We can always count on great service here and have never been disappointed. We tend to always get sat right next to the pool table, so I would like to be able to sit somewhere else next time. It gets a little crowded with people playing pool. Music is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.