Thomas Hill Organics
1305 Park St
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Thomas Hill Organics
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thomashillorganics.com/
- Phone: 8052265888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday, Wednesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Julie Simon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Thomas Hill Organics has an outdoor patio that accommodates up to 50 people. The outdoor patio has a fireplace, fountain, and wood burning oven. It also has overhead heaters for the winter and misters in the summer. Thomas Hill Organics also has an indoor dining room that can be used for private events that seats from 24 to 34 people.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Thomas 8052265888
A word from Thomas Hill Organics
Thomas Hill Organics is dedicated to serving a menu based on organic produce from their farm and highlighting unique wines from sustainable growers on the Central Coast. Thomas Hill Organics works with local providers for their proteins; local organic grass fed livestock for their beef, lamb and free range organic poultry. Their fish is received in daily from Pier 46.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thomas Hill Organics reviews from OpenTable diners
- The menu is very unique withTeutssDined on 7/23/2013The menu is very unique with the food combinations. All produce is organic and straight from the local farms. I highly recommend the Barbeque. It was one of the best meals I have ever had!Special Features:
- A true gem! Great ambianceADubDined on 7/23/2013A true gem! Great ambiance and even better food. Happy to have come across it! Next time we are in Paso, we will be stopping in to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night supperChrisDined on 7/22/2013I reserved a table at this restaurant because it was promoted as a deal for Monday night supper. Imagine our surprise when the hostess said the restaurant only starts that special in November. Very disappointed in your website information and the restaurant.
- terrible will never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/20/2013Vegatables were tough Steak we tough Even the lettuce was tough Service was non existent
- Bad service at the front doorOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2013To start on a positive note, the food was excellent and our waiter was acceptable. However, the girl who greeted us was rude and did not check us in. The website for Thomas Hill Organics advertises that it is dog friendly. It does not, however, mention that you must carry your dog through the restaurant to the patio. (Our dog weighs 50 lbs and has bad hips). We obliged and carried our dog, but it doesn't fix the fact that the restaurant does not disclose this and that the hostess has no tact or manners. Too bad the restaurant doesn't deliver because the food really was great.Special Features:
- Absolutely love the fresh,byoshDined on 7/17/2013Absolutely love the fresh, organic, local and vibrant flavors of our meal. I can hardly wait to stop by again on my way to Morro Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cuisinedinerVIPDined on 7/16/2013We are a family of four and were able to sample starters, salads, pizza and main courses and share among us. Portions were large, so be careful! The ingredients were fresh and uniquely prepared. Notable we're the short rib entree and the tacos and the Burrata starter. The wine list by the glass was short but good for local wines. Both of ours were excellent. There was a live musician but the volume was low and made conversation easy. Several unique tables in the courtyard - one by the fountain and one by the pizza oven.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh foodVegandinerDined on 7/16/2013My husband is vegan so we decided to get the 2 salads on the menu that were really the only choice. The kale salad was excellent and had plenty of it but the quinoa salad was kind of plain. My husband is a big guy and his quinoa salad did not fill him up. We loved the fact that the produce was organic and grown nearby. Our main suggestion would be to have a more substantial option for vegans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie FindDLuckyDined on 7/14/2013One of the best restaurants on the Central Coast for Foodies and those that want a high quality food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at THOOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2013My wife and I discovered THO during a recent trip down the California coast. We were delighted of our find. The menu is rather short but offers options to the vegetarians as well as the carnivores. We were pleasantly surprised by a special appetizer: bruschetta of candied onions with preserved Meyer lemons and herbs. The scallops and pork belly were a delight. I strongly recommend THO to anybody with a taste for fresh organic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2013I really wanted to love this place, but unfortunately too much was wrong. Location is beautiful and the little back yard terrace very inviting, warm and romantic. The best dish was the kale salad appetizer. The green lipped mussels were different with a sweet spicy Thai sauce and very good. The cod in the entree was cooked perfectly, but for my taste way too salty. The same goes for the Soba noodles that came with the scallop entree - very salty, too much Basil or green tea (?) flavor. It was a shame, because again the protein was beautifully cooked, but overshadowed by too much seasoning. I really wanted to love this place, and I LIKED it, but for the prices I expected perfection. Service was personable and warm, but rather slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend's and I stoppedBooBubblesDined on 7/12/2013My girlfriend's and I stopped to have lunch during our road trip from San Jose to Pismo. I ordered the banh mi that the server told me is not spicy. Well, I'm a big wimp when it comes to spice and it was spicy for me. BUT, she was very kind and took back my banh mi and I got the mini taco appetizer instead which was super AMAZING!!! Good food, service and ambiance...Special Features:
- Bizarre and Mysterious DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2013Traveling to Paso Robles for a combination of wine tasting and hiking, we read good things about this restaurant, so made a reservation. It was a strange experience - and we are not people that write bad reviews just for the fun of it. Really, we would not recommend this restaurant to anyone - and we say so with gravity. The food was a bizarre combination of flavors, textures, and spices. Innovative? No, the food simply did not taste good. It is curious to us why this place has so many great reviews. But if we visit PR in the future, we will be dining elsewhere!
- I celebrated my 30th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/7/2013I celebrated my 30th birthday there with a group of close friends. It was amazing. The food, the wine. The staff qas knowledgable, friendly and very accomadating... I will absolutely reccomend this place to anyone anywhere near Paso Robles. Thank you THO for a great night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Paso RoblesLegaleseDined on 7/6/2013We happened upon this restaurant as the result of a recommendation from staff at a local winery. They were spot on with their suggestion. Outstanding food, and a unique environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & WinerubyscoobyDined on 7/5/2013This farm to table restaurant serves up some of the best food I have had. The menu changes with what's fresh so you're always in for a good surprise. Our friend had allergies to Gluten and eggs and she still had quite a few options plus they put sauces on the side that contained things she could not have. The fish tacos were the best I have ever had. Paso Robles being in wine country they also had a great wine list and knowledgeable sommelier.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2013We always enjoy Thomas Hills. I was not impressed with our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was the chef having a bad day?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2013We really wanted to like this place but was sorely disappointed. I ordered the black cod which was pretty taste and cooked well. However, it came on a bed of almost soupy wilted veggies. Don't get me wrong - the quality of each individual item on the plate was definitely there but somehow the different flavors just did not work well together. The dish tasted... well... how can I put this... FUNKY. You know how when you were a kid and you made candles out of crayons and when you mixed different colored crayons all you got was an ugly brown candle? Well, this dish was just like that.
- Great portions of healthy foodsChrisCDined on 6/29/2013My celiac gluten-free wife and I chose this restaurant for out stay in paso robles because of the healthy sounding name, betting that they would be able to accommodate gf dining. Though they did not have a gf menu, the server was able to help us identify items, and even made suggestion more modifying items to accommodate. Since I do not have to eat gluten free, I had a tasty juicy pork tenderloin with fresh peaches and purple rice. the food was delicious! Temp was hot, indoor seating area is small, we dined outside, fans and misters made it more comfortable than inside. I was impressed with the portion size, since many "healthy" restaurants leave me hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Our server wasAnissaHDined on 6/27/2013Great food! Our server was very nice! Will be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!!!GoPackersDined on 6/21/2013An incredible meal, the food was wonderful. Unfortunately, we were seated by a large group of women who had to talk and laugh throughout the evening at a yell, to the point we could not carry on a conversation. This pretty much ruined what would have been a nice romantic anniversary dinner. I would have thought management would have put them in a more private location... guess not. Stil, the food was great, and if we're traveling through again we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the Health ConsciousTwinmomDined on 6/17/2013We enjoy eating healthy and organic so we were so pleased with the delicious food.Special Features:
- Creative good food; service not soBayAreaNativeVIPDined on 6/16/2013Overall we would still return. This was our first time; ingredients were fresh and creative as advertised. Physical space in the interior courtyard was really fun. Water was replenished appropriately but it's not clear our waitress really cared whether we she was there or not (or whether we were), which was an unpleasant surprise. All salads, entrees, and desserts were excellent. Wine choices were good with plenty of local options, acceptably priced with low corkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not so great. . .PasoMomOf3Dined on 6/16/2013I'm not sure if they were understaffed on this day, but we were there for two hours --- most of those two hours, just sitting and waiting for service, drinks or food to arrive. In addition, they sat three groups (that each had dogs) all near each other (which also happened to be right near us as well). The smaller dog at one table began aggressively barking at the larger dog at the table beside them. They may want to reconsider the whole "dogs while dining" idea. Not everyone wants to eat lunch at the dog-park. I love dogs, but mine stay at home.
- OutstandingPBDinerVIPDined on 6/12/2013The creative, healthful food was delicious and beautifully served. We wished that we had a camera to photograph each dish. The servers were exceptionally attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Tastes No Longer Available...HomerclauseVIPDined on 6/11/2013SIracha glazed wings and tuna tataki salad are awesome. Have been dining at THO for many years now and always appreciated the wine tastes on menu and ability to create your own flights. This has now been replaced with 1/2 glass minimum purchase. So no longer top of my list for Paso.Special Features:
- Exceptional dining!CathattackDined on 6/7/2013II have wanted to try this restaurant since so msny people have recommended it. They were right. So many flavors and tastes. The lentil bean tacos were a wonderful appetizer. Have you ever tasted candied jalapenos? I had shrimp on a skewer and my husband had the best vegetable burger he has ever tasted. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in PasoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2013THO is by far the most unique restaurant I have ever been too. The menu is always changing and the combinations they put together are stellar. You can eat outside year around, the Castillian BBQ ROCKS and there are so many things you can order from it. This is my favorite place in Paso we love bringing our guests that come into town to this place as it is definitely the best place in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little something differentTravelerReviewVIPDined on 6/3/2013, we sat in the outside atrium area. They had two tower gardens in corner growing tomatoes and basil. Very organic and unique restaurant. We enjoyed a kale salad, grilled shrimp skewer salad with zucchini pasta and peaches. The raw kale salad was delicious and a perfect blend of good raw kale and spicy, delicious dressing. The shrimp and peaches salad will inspire us to create a similar dish at home. We also split a margheritta pizza. The pizzas are the creation of a man who moved from Sicily two years ago. The menu offers unique and always changing items. However, we were pleased with how good the pizzas were. We loved the Margherita pizza. Our favorite wine was La Grand Cote rose, perfect food wine and perfect for the spring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definite Farm to TableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2013Very good food! Ambiance with outdoor patio is charming and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealSheriDined on 5/28/2013Lovely setting, wonderfully fresh flavors and nice, friendly service. The menu is small and seasonal and may not always have something for everyone (like kids), but we shared three delicious dishes and fought each other to scrape each plate clean. Portions were very generous. It was a splurge for us price- wise, but you get what you pay for here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were disappointed, as thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/26/2013We were disappointed, as this place gets lots of great reviews in the press and by word of mouth. Service was slow and lackadaisical, and the food was fine but nothing to write home about. Kale salad was less good than any number I have eaten in the recent past (in Paso and elsewhere); the pizza crust (Pizza is clearly a specialty.) was soft and uninteresting; and the duck was tough. On the plus side, they were accommodating to our almost-vegan friend in modifying dishes.
- Fantastic dinnerSfnativeVIPDined on 5/26/2013We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Thomas Hill Organics. The food and service were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2013Not our first time here, but always a pleasure to dine here. We come from out of town and this time we brought friends. They talked about the food all the way home.Special Features:
- Food was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013Food absolutely delicious. Unfortunately our waiter was not knowledgeable but the manager and other staff made up for his poor service! Would definitely recommend and will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mpls Loves Thomas Hill OrganicsSuperstar43Dined on 5/24/2013Our second time visiting, just a fantastic experience once again! From the excellent service (JP) and wine director recommendations throughout the entire meal, T.H.O. is by far the best of Paso! Can't wait to see you again in August 2013!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2013My husband and I had reservations for our anniversary dinner this past weekend. We had intended to get entrees (they looked delicious) but everything on the menu looked so flavorful we wanted to try more items. The Ahi Appetizer, Lentil Tacos, and Mediterranean Pizza were all fantastic! I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food, mediocre servicecheers3983Dined on 5/19/2013Food was great. But our meal took quite a while compared to others there. Would go back as I hope this was an anomaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLocals3dinersDined on 5/18/2013Great pizza from wood burning oven.Other dishes over wrought- need simpler ingredients and fewer. Grilled shrimp salad- great shrimp but weird salad ingredients, too much mint, dressing. Short ribs needed potatoe side
- this was a 1st date, the tables1stdateDined on 5/17/2013this was a 1st date, the tables were a bit close together, but the food and service were excellent.Special Features: