Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn
420 Field Point Rd
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thomashenkelmann.com/
- Phone: 2038697500x2
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
Saturday: 5:45pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Thomas Henkelmann
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn
Grand Chef Thomas Henkelmann at Homestead Inn provides a memorable experience in every way. Impeccable service, congenial comfortable surroundings that welcome our guests, a wine list of depth, breadth and complexity and above all else creative French food prepared and presented flawlessly.Continued
Book a guestroom in our boutique luxury hotel, Homestead Inn, for the night or plan your next Executive Meeting in our exclusive Boardroom.
Book a guestroom in our boutique luxury hotel, Homestead Inn, for the night or plan your next Executive Meeting in our exclusive Boardroom.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn - Best Restaurants in Greenwich ›
Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (47)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (37)scenic view (18)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Sometimes the classics are the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/17/2014Our dinner this past Friday evening was superb. We all seem to get so caught up in the latest, trendiest, edgiest dining spots so sometimes it is nice to revisit the classic French restaurant. Costly, yes; innovative, no; delicious, absolutely; service, fabulous. The entire experience was top-notch and elegant. Let's not lose the tried-and-true!Special Features:
- Outstanding and special placeJordanFPVIPDined on 10/17/2014We hosted an 80th birthday dinner for 7 and Thomas Henkelmann is a truly special restaurant. While it is a formal restaurant, it is not stuffy and the service is warm, professional and friendly. The food was great. I had the mushroom-encrusted loin of lamb special, which was one of the best entrees ever. Nearly all the rest had fish, superb preparations of salmon, striped bass, or sea bass, each of which looked terrific. Sure it's expensive, but was perfect for a important occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014A wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningStBonneDined on 10/4/2014Always a treat to return. Unwavering service and quality.Special Features:
- charleneVIPDined on 10/1/2014Lovely food in a beautiful place. We celebrated our anniversary and had a lovely time. It was a weeknight so not crowded at all. It is expensive, but this type of place always is. We would return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantPetecooksVIPDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic experience. Amazing food and service. Old world charm ambiance.Special Features:
- AwesomerawshockDined on 9/20/2014This is a great spot for a special occasion or romantic evening. The decor is lovely, the service and food are outstanding. We were happy with everything, from appetizers to dessert (and we are picky diners). Don't hesitate!Special Features:
- Amazing restaurant experienceFabMirDined on 9/18/2014Went there with my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From the time we stopped our car to the time we left the restaurant, we had the best possible experience. The service was great, the ambience was perfect for the occasion, and the food was simply amazing! As a plus, they have a very decent wine list. Definitely a place to remember!Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I visit Thomas Henkelmann for special occasions. We have always been very impressed and always enjoy our visits. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely spotTCD2014Dined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere of this restaurant is what makes it so lovely and the views of the beautifully kept gardens...a lovely place to go any time of year ...Tables overlooking the garden in the summer and outdoor dining or wonderfully cosy with roaring fires in the winter. A nice bar and terrace for drinks after or before a meal. The service was 100%. The food is good.Special Features:
- OutstandingKayak12VIPDined on 9/5/2014Waiter was superb, as was food and setting. Great 15th anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnchantingLeighVIPDined on 9/5/2014This has been one of my all time favorite restaurants in Greenwich for the past 25 years. I have never had a bad dish and the service brings the whole experience to a new level. It's great to go for a special occasion drink on the patio or enjoy a lovely 3 course meal for a romantic night out. You cannot go wrong here it's worth every penny.Special Features:
- MagicalmurrieDined on 9/4/2014We have been here before, but I must say that tonight, everything was perfect! The crispy duck breast was the best I have ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains amazingElizaDined on 8/29/2014We came for my daughter's birthday and food, service and ambiance made this a memorable event. The care and attention to detail really makes TH stand out.Special Features:
- BroadwayGeorgeDined on 8/29/2014A real find. I chose this restaurant as La Grenouille in Manhattan was closed for vacation and I wanted to celebrate my wife's birthday at a similar quality restaurant, which is not easy, given the I was not disappointed. The very correct service, the glorious food and the ambience were second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/19/2014Its difficult to find a restaurant of this quality in the suburbs. While expensive, the old adage applies: you get what you pay for. Our dinner experience was, in a word, superb, and we wouldn't hesitate to return.Special Features:
- A truly marvelous dining experiencemsliz1979Dined on 8/16/2014I expected an outstanding meal at Thomas Henkelmann (The Homestead Inn) and it did not disappoint. The setting, the service, the menu and the meal were all exceptional. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The servers were professional and attentive. We will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTk12Dined on 8/9/2014Striving for perfection and getting there. We had a great dinner and my husband had breakfast the next morning and said it was great. My only comment is that, while I am not a big eater by a long shot, I found portions to be on the small side, even as fine dining goes. I ate everything, which never happens. Maybe because it was so good, I just wanted more!Special Features:
- A Good DaySteveDined on 8/5/2014My wife took me to Henkelmann's for birthday lunch on Tuesday. We arrived early so we could decompress a bit in the tiny bar off the foyer of this impressive piece of Greenwich architecture. We shared a generous pour of an Alsatian Riesling and things only got better. The chef/owner led us to our table in the glassed-in porch in the rear. Our seats overlooked the garden, maybe the best seats in the house. Champagne as we discussed the menu: sweetbreads for me and lobster bisque for my wife. Mains were a lobster salad for me (a whole lobster, shelled, sliced into large medallions and reassembled on the plate) and the house crab cakes for my wife. We washed things down with a chilled white (P. Vergelesses). Food/service were excellent.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationStBonneDined on 8/2/2014Perfect combination of ambiance, elegance, and outstanding menu. Welcomed from the moment you arrive at the door. Celebrated a special birthday and it was a wonderful evening. Beautiful food presentation, extensive wine list, and great staff. Truly one of the finest restaurants in CT and compliments to Relais Chateau. Bravo!Special Features:
- Always wonderful!Foodie12Dined on 7/31/2014Had dinner on a Thursday night for my birthday. Have been here numerous times before and it never disappoints. We arrived an hour early so we could have drinks on the porch before dinner The bartender who has been there for years is the most professional and gracious man He poured 2 glasses of champagne with a smile and said " we've been expecting you". We went inside for dinner and ordered the asparagus soup ( a special) and a lobster appetizer that was so sublime I would have been happy right there. For our main, my husband had the Dover sole and I the special , soft shell crabs. Service impeccable! Fantastic! What can you say? It's the best restaurant in Greenwich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Homestead InnJudyandJackDined on 7/26/2014The Homestead Inn was an ideal choice for a special occasion. We celebrated our 50th anniversary and loved the ambience, attentive, appropriate service and the beautiful food presentation. The Homestead Inn is more than a place for dinner, it was a fine place to dine.Special Features:
- Outstanding GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Thomas Henkelmann Homestead Inn. The cuisine, charming, Old World ambience, & impeccable service were outstanding. Our only unfortunate incident occurred when a very loud, rude, woman & her 2 friends arrived. We were seated in the most private location but we could hear this woman's conversations. If only she were asked by staff to settle down...We decided to stay in an on premises suite which was also well decorated and charming, however, the bed mattress was a little old and lumpy. Also, our television blacked out and we attempted to contact the front desk but no one answered. It was roughly 10pm when that occurred. Nevertheless, we wholeheartedly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Top notchXOXODined on 7/25/2014A truly marvelous experience. Country inn in high end residential neighborhood with well prepared food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scottVIPDined on 7/24/2014we had dinner with friends last thursday evening. as always, the experience was excellent from the moment we arrived until our car was brought up to us when it was time to leave. wonderful food, excellent service... always great...Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationPattiDined on 7/22/2014My daughter chose the restaurant for her 18th birthday dinner. The food was INCREDIBLE. The service was what one should expect, but rarely gets.Special Features:
- Very good but unfortunate outcomeChowHound13Dined on 7/3/2014My wife and I had a rare date at Thomas Henklemann this past week and were excited as we both had heard good things and read wonderful reviews of the establishment and service. Upon arrival we were treated with impeccable service and had a drink at the bar before being seated for dinner. Our appetizers were delicious and the chef even sent complementary salmon cakes to our table. The only complaint we had was the entrée. My wife ordered the sirloin and was served a poor cut. I tried it myself and was taken aback at the thick gristle and poor taste. While we were not charged for it, no one ever offered her an alternative or checked to see if she was enjoying it until it was too late. Unfortunate outcome to an otherwise enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014excellent food and service, friendly attentive wait staff, broad selection of menu choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014An outstanding evening in a beautiful setting. The food was the best we have had in a long time. A place I would go back to when in the area. An ultimate dining experience. Service was excellent. We met the Chef owner and chatted with him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayjwdineDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I took our son and his wife here to celebrate his 50th birthday and they were both impressed with the service and the food. This restaurant is not inexpensive but worth every penny. My wife and I had been here before but it was at least 5 years ago and when we left here agreed we had to come more often.Special Features:
- Fairfield County's finest.SteveDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary here in June. Food, wines and service were up to Henkelmann standards. We celebrated our 39th here so we knew what to expect. In short, this is a lovely restaurant staffed by professionals who both make you feel welcome while expertly guiding you through the day's menu. Quality wine advice is always available. We'll be back for our 41st.Special Features:
- The following 32 reviews are from the Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn reviews archive.
- another amazing dinnerDrDonnaNJDined on 6/21/2014Lovely meal- lobster triangle app. had fabulous saffron sauce that was not too spicy; lamb tenderloin special also a perfect lamb jus; wines by the glass went perfectly-white burgandy and pinot noir; my husband was converted after dinner! -( initially when we pulled up he said he didnt like B&B's ); best part was the short walk to our cottage room and breakfast on the porch in the am. Long time staff and bartender is a trip! enjoy an after dinner cocktail on the porch. Also close to Greenwich ave for shopping; have had dinner there multipe times and seasons and always is perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In CTGourmetWannabeDined on 6/18/2014We went to TH to celebrate our daughter's graduations from school. I95 is a bit of a mess at dinner time, so plan accordingly and give yourself a little extra time to get there if you are coming from any distance. From the valet on arrival, through dinner to the end of our experience, the service provided by the TH team was perfect. The lobster bisque was sinful and so flavorful. The duck, sole, sea bass and lobster fricassee entrees were all cooked perfectly. The fresh pasta with the lobster was notable and delicious as were all the sauces. I have eaten at TH 4 times now - twice on business, once for valentine's day and now this graduation celebration - we'll be back again. This is just the best food & service you can find in the area.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulhelensnVIPDined on 6/14/2014We went on a Saturday night. Our daughter was in for a visit, and she loves duck and says the duck at Thomas Henkelmann is the best there is. The service was, as always, highly professional, helpful but not obtrusive. The sommelier recommended a lovely wine - and not even near the top of the price range of the wine list. The food is beautifully prepared, with local ingredients and a full appreciation of the natural flavors. A great special occasion place - there were several celebrations at nearby tables - but a first-class experience whenever you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary dining expreiencemiscer42Dined on 6/6/2014When a special occasion calls for outstanding food, service, ambience and a relaxing atmosphere, tbhe Homestead Inn is the place to go. There is no dearth of fine restaurants in wealthy Fairfield County, but having eaten at most of them over the years, I can say unequivocally that this is the best I have experienced. The staff is well trained and expert, friendly and attentive. The menu is varied and creative in its offerings, and the food exquisitely presented. And the setting is classically elegant. My wife and I were very pleased and intend to return when a special event calls for the best of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014Thomas Henklemen's is a perfect oasis of wonderful food set in a gracious setting. It continues to be what the three star restaurants of Paris used to be.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2014My wife and I recently dined at Thomas Henkelmann's for our Anniversary. The setting is beautiful and the staff is top notch. While the prices are expensive, the restaurant delivers on all counts with the quality and variety of food matching the ambiance and service. We left with the thought that we need to make sure we get there more than the once or twice a year we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Well DoneBirthdayDinnerDined on 5/24/2014From the time we entered we were made to feel welcome. The service was at a prime level, the cuisine outstanding and the ambience unbeatable. Pricey but worth every dollar, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thomas Henkelmann Always OnStrategiesVIPDined on 5/21/2014We have come to rely on Thomas Henkelmann as an outstanding destination restaurant that provides a full combination of atmosphere, service and food.Special Features:
- the BEST!!!!!!!!!RAC75Dined on 5/17/2014Going for many, many years for special occasions. It is the very, very best restaurant outside NYC. EVERYTHING is perfect - Ambience, Servise, and of course, the Food. Our favorite restaurant. The only reason for not going weekly, is the cost of replacing clothing due to size.................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.