Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn
420 Field Point Rd
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thomashenkelmann.com/
- Phone: 2038697500x2
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
Saturday: 5:45pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Thomas Henkelmann
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn
Grand Chef Thomas Henkelmann at Homestead Inn provides a memorable experience in every way. Impeccable service, congenial comfortable surroundings that welcome our guests, a wine list of depth, breadth and complexity and above all else creative French food prepared and presented flawlessly.Continued
Book a guestroom in our boutique luxury hotel, Homestead Inn, for the night or plan your next Executive Meeting in our exclusive Boardroom.
Book a guestroom in our boutique luxury hotel, Homestead Inn, for the night or plan your next Executive Meeting in our exclusive Boardroom.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn - Best Restaurants in Greenwich ›
Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (49)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (37)neighborhood gem (22)scenic view (15)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/19/2014Its difficult to find a restaurant of this quality in the suburbs. While expensive, the old adage applies: you get what you pay for. Our dinner experience was, in a word, superb, and we wouldn't hesitate to return.Special Features:
- A truly marvelous dining experiencemsliz1979Dined on 8/16/2014I expected an outstanding meal at Thomas Henkelmann (The Homestead Inn) and it did not disappoint. The setting, the service, the menu and the meal were all exceptional. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The servers were professional and attentive. We will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTk12Dined on 8/9/2014Striving for perfection and getting there. We had a great dinner and my husband had breakfast the next morning and said it was great. My only comment is that, while I am not a big eater by a long shot, I found portions to be on the small side, even as fine dining goes. I ate everything, which never happens. Maybe because it was so good, I just wanted more!Special Features:
- A Good DaySteveDined on 8/5/2014My wife took me to Henkelmann's for birthday lunch on Tuesday. We arrived early so we could decompress a bit in the tiny bar off the foyer of this impressive piece of Greenwich architecture. We shared a generous pour of an Alsatian Riesling and things only got better. The chef/owner led us to our table in the glassed-in porch in the rear. Our seats overlooked the garden, maybe the best seats in the house. Champagne as we discussed the menu: sweetbreads for me and lobster bisque for my wife. Mains were a lobster salad for me (a whole lobster, shelled, sliced into large medallions and reassembled on the plate) and the house crab cakes for my wife. We washed things down with a chilled white (P. Vergelesses). Food/service were excellent.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationStBonneDined on 8/2/2014Perfect combination of ambiance, elegance, and outstanding menu. Welcomed from the moment you arrive at the door. Celebrated a special birthday and it was a wonderful evening. Beautiful food presentation, extensive wine list, and great staff. Truly one of the finest restaurants in CT and compliments to Relais Chateau. Bravo!Special Features:
- Always wonderful!Foodie12Dined on 7/31/2014Had dinner on a Thursday night for my birthday. Have been here numerous times before and it never disappoints. We arrived an hour early so we could have drinks on the porch before dinner The bartender who has been there for years is the most professional and gracious man He poured 2 glasses of champagne with a smile and said " we've been expecting you". We went inside for dinner and ordered the asparagus soup ( a special) and a lobster appetizer that was so sublime I would have been happy right there. For our main, my husband had the Dover sole and I the special , soft shell crabs. Service impeccable! Fantastic! What can you say? It's the best restaurant in Greenwich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Homestead InnJudyandJackDined on 7/26/2014The Homestead Inn was an ideal choice for a special occasion. We celebrated our 50th anniversary and loved the ambience, attentive, appropriate service and the beautiful food presentation. The Homestead Inn is more than a place for dinner, it was a fine place to dine.Special Features:
- Outstanding GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Thomas Henkelmann Homestead Inn. The cuisine, charming, Old World ambience, & impeccable service were outstanding. Our only unfortunate incident occurred when a very loud, rude, woman & her 2 friends arrived. We were seated in the most private location but we could hear this woman's conversations. If only she were asked by staff to settle down...We decided to stay in an on premises suite which was also well decorated and charming, however, the bed mattress was a little old and lumpy. Also, our television blacked out and we attempted to contact the front desk but no one answered. It was roughly 10pm when that occurred. Nevertheless, we wholeheartedly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Top notchXOXODined on 7/25/2014A truly marvelous experience. Country inn in high end residential neighborhood with well prepared food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scottVIPDined on 7/24/2014we had dinner with friends last thursday evening. as always, the experience was excellent from the moment we arrived until our car was brought up to us when it was time to leave. wonderful food, excellent service... always great...Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationPattiDined on 7/22/2014My daughter chose the restaurant for her 18th birthday dinner. The food was INCREDIBLE. The service was what one should expect, but rarely gets.Special Features:
- Very good but unfortunate outcomeChowHound13Dined on 7/3/2014My wife and I had a rare date at Thomas Henklemann this past week and were excited as we both had heard good things and read wonderful reviews of the establishment and service. Upon arrival we were treated with impeccable service and had a drink at the bar before being seated for dinner. Our appetizers were delicious and the chef even sent complementary salmon cakes to our table. The only complaint we had was the entrée. My wife ordered the sirloin and was served a poor cut. I tried it myself and was taken aback at the thick gristle and poor taste. While we were not charged for it, no one ever offered her an alternative or checked to see if she was enjoying it until it was too late. Unfortunate outcome to an otherwise enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014excellent food and service, friendly attentive wait staff, broad selection of menu choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014An outstanding evening in a beautiful setting. The food was the best we have had in a long time. A place I would go back to when in the area. An ultimate dining experience. Service was excellent. We met the Chef owner and chatted with him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayjwdineDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I took our son and his wife here to celebrate his 50th birthday and they were both impressed with the service and the food. This restaurant is not inexpensive but worth every penny. My wife and I had been here before but it was at least 5 years ago and when we left here agreed we had to come more often.Special Features:
- Fairfield County's finest.SteveDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary here in June. Food, wines and service were up to Henkelmann standards. We celebrated our 39th here so we knew what to expect. In short, this is a lovely restaurant staffed by professionals who both make you feel welcome while expertly guiding you through the day's menu. Quality wine advice is always available. We'll be back for our 41st.Special Features:
- another amazing dinnerDrDonnaNJDined on 6/21/2014Lovely meal- lobster triangle app. had fabulous saffron sauce that was not too spicy; lamb tenderloin special also a perfect lamb jus; wines by the glass went perfectly-white burgandy and pinot noir; my husband was converted after dinner! -( initially when we pulled up he said he didnt like B&B's ); best part was the short walk to our cottage room and breakfast on the porch in the am. Long time staff and bartender is a trip! enjoy an after dinner cocktail on the porch. Also close to Greenwich ave for shopping; have had dinner there multipe times and seasons and always is perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In CTGourmetWannabeDined on 6/18/2014We went to TH to celebrate our daughter's graduations from school. I95 is a bit of a mess at dinner time, so plan accordingly and give yourself a little extra time to get there if you are coming from any distance. From the valet on arrival, through dinner to the end of our experience, the service provided by the TH team was perfect. The lobster bisque was sinful and so flavorful. The duck, sole, sea bass and lobster fricassee entrees were all cooked perfectly. The fresh pasta with the lobster was notable and delicious as were all the sauces. I have eaten at TH 4 times now - twice on business, once for valentine's day and now this graduation celebration - we'll be back again. This is just the best food & service you can find in the area.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulhelensnVIPDined on 6/14/2014We went on a Saturday night. Our daughter was in for a visit, and she loves duck and says the duck at Thomas Henkelmann is the best there is. The service was, as always, highly professional, helpful but not obtrusive. The sommelier recommended a lovely wine - and not even near the top of the price range of the wine list. The food is beautifully prepared, with local ingredients and a full appreciation of the natural flavors. A great special occasion place - there were several celebrations at nearby tables - but a first-class experience whenever you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary dining expreiencemiscer42Dined on 6/6/2014When a special occasion calls for outstanding food, service, ambience and a relaxing atmosphere, tbhe Homestead Inn is the place to go. There is no dearth of fine restaurants in wealthy Fairfield County, but having eaten at most of them over the years, I can say unequivocally that this is the best I have experienced. The staff is well trained and expert, friendly and attentive. The menu is varied and creative in its offerings, and the food exquisitely presented. And the setting is classically elegant. My wife and I were very pleased and intend to return when a special event calls for the best of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014Thomas Henklemen's is a perfect oasis of wonderful food set in a gracious setting. It continues to be what the three star restaurants of Paris used to be.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2014My wife and I recently dined at Thomas Henkelmann's for our Anniversary. The setting is beautiful and the staff is top notch. While the prices are expensive, the restaurant delivers on all counts with the quality and variety of food matching the ambiance and service. We left with the thought that we need to make sure we get there more than the once or twice a year we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Well DoneBirthdayDinnerDined on 5/24/2014From the time we entered we were made to feel welcome. The service was at a prime level, the cuisine outstanding and the ambience unbeatable. Pricey but worth every dollar, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thomas Henkelmann Always OnStrategiesVIPDined on 5/21/2014We have come to rely on Thomas Henkelmann as an outstanding destination restaurant that provides a full combination of atmosphere, service and food.Special Features:
- the BEST!!!!!!!!!RAC75Dined on 5/17/2014Going for many, many years for special occasions. It is the very, very best restaurant outside NYC. EVERYTHING is perfect - Ambience, Servise, and of course, the Food. Our favorite restaurant. The only reason for not going weekly, is the cost of replacing clothing due to size.................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Royal Treatment / Grad CelebrationMintyJulepVIPDined on 5/17/2014It was a most "dream come true" celebration for our daughter's celebration for receiving her masters. The service was impeccable! The care and attention outstanding! The food was uniquely presented, delicious, beautiful to look at and so memorable! They made a special chocolate mouse cake with fresh raspberries and decorated with white and dark chocolate with strawberries! The wine list was spectacular, and we enjoyed champagne and superb red and white wines at dinner. Our daughter was treated beautifully as were all our guests! Ask for the special guest room at back! A neighborhood gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just so soHollyArtDined on 5/17/2014problems: bland pea soup, ordinary lamb chops, watery chocolate sauce. does service really make up for this? it depends on what you want. I wanted and expected better food, but you might not care about that part of the dinning experience
- A real great adress for fine diningRolandDined on 5/16/2014It is one of the best restaurants we know in the world - Thomas Henkelmann is an artist in his kitchen - hot-cuisine, perfect ambiente and an incredible friendly and well organized service. Thank you - we come again - not very soon - because we come from GermanySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Westchester/GreenwichSailorboyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Fine dining at it's best. traditional gourmet food and unpretentious service continues the Henkelman tradition of making their diner friends have such enjoyable experiences every single visit. The dining chairs on wheels provide extra comfort for relaxation while dining.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant!!foodie123Dined on 5/2/2014This restaurant was one of the best I've been to in a long time. I went with my husband and daughter for my birthday. The service was outstanding--the staff was very attentive to your needs. The ambiance was quiet and warm. The restaurant itself was so beautiful it reminded me of a little bistro in Paris. The food was amazing. For French-lovers, I completely recommend Thomas Henklmann for very special occasions as the food can be pretty pricey. I had the New England clam chowder which was incredible. For an entrée I had the duck magret which was to die for. And for dessert I had the profiteroles. Yum. The waiter had a small copper pot and drizzled hit chocolate sauce on top. It was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot for special occasionskaiserschmarrnVIPDined on 5/1/2014Exceptional French and continental cuisine served with professional, old-world charm in an attractive mansion setting. Food is first rate. (Sauteed shrimp salad and dover sole were examples of culinary perfection.) Prices are high, making this more likely a place for celebrations rather than regular dining.Special Features:
- Awesome placeLoveFood123Dined on 5/1/2014The location was wonderful and simply put the food was worth the trip from Brooklyn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Thomas Henkelmann - Homestead Inn reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/29/2014Another excellent evening there as usual. We had a very enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Great French Cuisine in CTCoupleNSTADined on 4/25/2014Been there for dinner. It was a great experience from Appetizer to Main. Felt like being back in France. Staff even recognized we were celebrating a birthday and served a complementary dessert. It was a great evening. Thanks!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/23/2014A Wednesday night, a good weekday crowd, (a sign of excellence), a delicious lobster triangle appetizer, a magnificent duck, the most awesome bread pudding I’ve ever had and the absolute graciousness of the staff is what you can expect at Thomas Henkelmann and always get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/20/2014Wonderful experience for Easter dinner. Service was fabulous. While I am not a fan of fixed price menus, the options were varied and the overall price for a three course dinner was good.Special Features:
- lovely dinnerMeredithVIPDined on 4/8/2014Food and service were wonderful. It is a quaint quiet inn, far different that the high energy trendy hot spots. I would recommend this for leisurely dining. The wait staff could not be nicer or more attentive and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Screaming baby!PatticakeDined on 3/14/2014I booked this resturant for a special occasion it would have been very nice except for the screaming baby in the corner. I spent over 300.00 at this place.
- French PerfectionHealthyDined on 3/7/2014From the moment you are greeted in driveway you know you are in for a treat. The atmosphere was elegant and comfortable, with the most comfortable dining chairs. My oysters on the half shell devine. The grilled Dover sole with mustard sauce was the best I've ever tasted! My son had rack of lamb which he said was fantastic. The service was excellent, with every attention to detail. We loved the small cooper pots brought out with the delicious sauces. In summary, great food and very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the areaFrancoisVIPDined on 2/21/2014This is one of the best restaurants in the area. It is a classic French restaurant where every aspect of the meal is executed to perfection. Definitely a place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.