Thom Thom Steak & Seafood Restaurant
3340 Park Avenue
Wantagh, NY 11793Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Thom Thom Steak & Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thomthomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5162218022
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout
A word from Thom Thom Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Welcome to Thom Thom...Where Great Taste is Only the Beginning! Our new steak and seafood menu is sizzling with so many deliciously grilled delights you won’t know where to start! All yours to savor in our stylishly casual dining room, along with contemporary cocktails, decadent desserts and just-right service. All the makings of a Manhattan hot spot without the Manhattan prices! And we’re nearby, only a few steps north of the Wantagh train station.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thom Thom Steak & Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (32)vibrant bar scene (27)good for groups (25)notable wine list (23)romantic (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent foodFoodHoundDined on 9/11/2014Having been there many times and having had many excellent dishes, I decided to try the Paella. I was not disappointed, the Paella was Great!. The was a lot of seafood, chicken and the chorizo was a great addition making it more authentic. the others in my party had the Scallops and Salmon which they loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menumickeyfanDined on 9/9/2014Thom Thom never disappoints. Love this restaurant and the menu is very diverse. There is something for everyone. Seafood and sushi are the highlights, but they also have great steaks and other entrees.Special Features:
- loveeatingoutDined on 9/9/2014always love eating at THOM THOM. Food and service the best. Love the PRICE FIX menu ..........great value. don't mind that the price went up a LITTLE but the entrées have changed = BRING BACK the original price fix PLEASESpecial Features:
- bachelor partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Went to thom thom on a Sunday night with 12 guys everyone loved their dinner. No complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceJOESKINNYDined on 9/6/2014made a reservation and they took car elf us. food was great, kung pow calamari are amazing, all sushi rolls on menu are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thumbs upFranchise04Dined on 9/6/2014Great place, food and service. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLocalpeopleDined on 9/5/2014Went for Dinner on Friday night. The Salmon with Mushroom Risotto was excellent. My husbatand had a Red Snapper and Shrimp Special that was fantastic. They have excellent sushi and Fried Calamari was outstanding. The drinks were good but the cosmo was not as ordered. They take reservations!Special Features:
- Delicious & wonderful diningKristenDined on 8/30/2014This is my second time at Thom Thom Steak & Seafood. My first visit was on Valentine's Day, and I was extremely satisfied with the outstanding level of service and amazing food. My second visit proved to be even better than the first. Living in Manhattan, it is rare that I am blown away by restaurants on Long Island. This is a true gem, and left everyoneSpecial Features:
- Some food was excellent & some okjtmomVIPDined on 8/23/2014The appetizers were very good, especially the salads. The snapper was delicious and so were most of the steaks. The only issues we had was my son's sliders were undercooked and had to be sent back. My daughter's filet mignon was overcooked as she had asked for medium and had to be sent back. We were all finished by the time she received her new filet. To make up for this, they gave her dessert.
- Wonderful find!LauraDined on 8/22/2014My best friend and I were looking for a midway point to meet for dinner and a colleague suggested Thom Thom and told me she'd never had a bad meal there. To say we were thrilled was an understatement. We felt like we found a bit of Manhattan right here on Long Island. The wine special was a wonderful choice and we were particularly thrilled with the fig salad appetizer. Everything we ordered was delicious and the bill was so reasonable. We never felt rushed and our waiter couldn't have been more charming and attentive. We have decided to make this our place to meet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedPurpleDaisyDined on 8/20/2014Bought a Groupon, studied the menu so I would be prepared on what I would order, gave the waiter my order, he came back 5 min later to tell me they ran out of scallops.. on a Wed night mind you. I was so disappointed. He also failed to tell us that a veg came with the meal and we ordered one as we assumed one did not. A side that was on the plate had a choice. Weird. Overall, it was ok.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!NanaCindyDined on 8/20/2014We have eaten here a number of times and always love the food. We had a concert at Jones Beach so this was a great location. The bonus is that the food and service is outstanding:)Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I had heard rave reviews about Thom Thom, but we were disappointed. 2 out of 5 of us liked our meal. The waiter was pleasant but seemed very preoccupied (it wasn't very busy), the table itself was very wobbly and had to be fixed with a matchbook underneath. I was astounded at the state of the ladies room! There was garbage and paper all over the floor and no toilet paper in the stalls...this was 6 pm on a Sunday, not 2AM in the morning! Maybe we caught this place on an off day, but I would never return based on our experience.
- Hamburger Tuesday nightcasinogoerDined on 8/12/2014We went for the hamburger special and enjoyed a great burger and side dishes. The dumplings were excellent as well will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Glad We Tried it Again...RobHVIPDined on 8/2/2014We hadn't gone back to Thom Thom because of a bad experience that we had over 5 years ago. We decided to give it a try again. We are so glad that we did. The food was amazing!! We found out that they had changed ownership and management a while back. The food was on point and the service was top notch!! Thank you Jennifer for making it a great night for my husband and I. We will be back and we will ask for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time HadSicilianChefVIPDined on 8/1/2014Always a nice time here. Menu is a bit outdated and hasn't been changed for years now!Special Features:
- cjohnsonDined on 7/23/2014expensive appetizers, small portions..Thankfully used a grouponSpecial Features:
- FairKrystalDined on 7/23/2014I thought the service was good. Although by accident, our server spilled a Shirley temple all over my son's white shirt. Server handled it very well, although it would have been nice for a manager or someone else to come and see if everything was okay with us and maybe inquire whether we even wanted the shirt taken care of. My 9 year old son was wet and not happy throughout the dinner. I also, made a reservation online and mentioned we were there for my husbands birthday. There was no acknowledgement regarding my request.Special Features:
- DeliciousBigEater1Dined on 7/19/2014Been there many times, The food is fantastic. My Wife had the skirt steak and I had the Sushi dinner. The Sushi is always the best I've ever had. My wife loved the steak, perfectly cooked, melted in your mouth. The wine was excellent! Will return again and again... One slight problem, we had to ask for more water consistantly and the waitress's presence was very rare...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LikefoodDined on 7/11/2014The food was good. A little rich. Overall the dinner was a very positive experience. The noise level was a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantzerhanDined on 7/3/2014I am never disappointed when I go to Thom Thom's restaurant. I bring all guests and family members there. It is our go-to special occasion place. With so many restaurants in the neighborhood, that we consistently return to Thom Thom's speaks for itself, truly a neighborhood gem. Thanks Thom Thom's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoritefoodiefinkVIPDined on 6/28/2014We love Thom Thom and eat here often. Their food is always fresh and the menu is varied. The service is also excellent and when they have live music, the musician is stationed in the bar area, so it's never too loud in the restaurant. We've gone there for special occasions, as well as just a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosemanDined on 6/28/2014best steak in town and sushi was also quite good. Service was outstanding and owner always take some time to greetguest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Steaks & ServicebklynreggieDined on 6/18/2014Went to Thom Thom's for a birthday dinner for my boss. Service was great, drinks were great, and the steak was awesome! Right up there with the best of the best! Would definitely return and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jae Chungrjmd03Dined on 6/15/2014The food and service was excellent. I would recommend Thom Thom to all my friend. Keep up the good work. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchmartyaltDined on 6/15/2014We always enjoy Thom Thom for dinner. This restaurant is only open for brunch on special occasions. We went there this Father's Day for brunch and thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service. We especially loved the all-you-could-eat sushi. Fathers and fathers-to-be we're offered free wine or beer. It was a great way to celebrate Father's Day.Special Features:
- KeepingItRealDined on 6/14/2014When I arrived at the restaurant (after making a reservation) the only table that was offered was one that was right in front of the hostess station and about 1.5 feet from the entrance to the restaurant. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a booth. It was very loud and difficult to carry on conversation. Our server didn't acknowledge us for at least 10 minutes after we were seated. They ran out of scallops so I couldn't get what I originally wanted. Must have been a really bad day for this place. After all of that I would come back because the meal was actually satisfying and our server was very nice. I am also taking into consideration that it was a Saturday night. Now I know what to expect so I won't be surprised next time.Special Features:
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/6/2014Our food was terrific and the price was a good value for the food. The spicy tuna pizza appetizer was delicious and our steaks were perfectly cooked! Our waiter was a bit strange and kept telling us about all the things HE didn't like on the menu even after we ordered them!?!?!? We went on a Friday night and it was surprisingly empty. Definitely would recommend this place and definitely would go back (but would request a different waiter)!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!EldoEsqDined on 6/4/2014Great food...great service!! Our waiter was outstanding (I think his name was Tyler) and made our dinner an experience! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Food was great!swnycVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had a 8:15pm reservation and unfortunately didn't get sat until almost 9:30pm. They ended up setting up some high tops at the side of the bar and seated us there, which was fine. I just wish that option was offered to us initially instead of having us wait for a table in the dining room. That aside, food was outstanding - we ordered calamari, lobster mac and cheese, osso bucco, skirt steak and a rainbow roll. Drinks were a little slow coming out but the food more than made up for it. All in all, will definitely return and recommend Thom Thom.Special Features:
- Thom Thom, Great SeafoodBoomerDined on 5/30/2014Our party of 4 enjoyed our evening at Thom Thom. The calamari app recommended by other reviewers was great and ample. It can be shared. The scallops and sea bass were fine. We had an older guest with us who had a beer request for a brand not on the menu. The beer manager came over and remembered a couple of left over cases not on the menu. Our guest was thrilled and I appreciated the effort.Special Features:
- Very goodMaryAnnVIPDined on 5/24/2014Haven't been to Thom Thom in a while. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone enjoyed their dinners. The Kung pao calamari and sushi rolls were excellent. The waiter was a bit overbearing at the beginning and then we couldn't find him to order another bottle of wine.
- The following 366 reviews are from the Thom Thom Steak & Seafood Restaurant reviews archive.
- fairsmccDined on 5/18/2014nothing special about the food, setting, service or prices
- Been BetterGadgetemtDined on 5/11/2014Will start with we dine out 3-5 times a week at sit down restaurants & it was mothers day so my review gives allowances for such. The crab cake was great, but everything else was blah at best, had sushi (so so flavors and very small diameter rolls) Pasta with chicken (very bland no real flavors), Seafood mix with rice & chorizo (no flavor even for the sausage). Service was friendly and nice through mid meal, had to wait 20 minutes after plates were cleared to order dessert and then waitress was missing in action for another 20 minutes to get our check. Have had mixed results in prior visits but overall seems to have declined. Will wait a while before returning.
- AudreyDined on 5/11/2014Food selection was great, service was very good, dining experience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limbo3Dined on 5/11/2014Food is always great at this restaurant. The brunch buffet on Mother's Day was a steal at $30.00 compared to what other restaurants were offering. When it gets busy, there seems to be a shortage of staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FindCalgaryFanVIPDined on 5/10/2014We were thrilled with the quality of the food, the service, and the prices at Thom Thom. Everything was deliciously prepared and arrived at our table steaming hot! Don't skip the Kung Pao Calamari or the Pork Osso Buco! Our server was lovely and very attentive and was honest about side dishes that were included so we didn't order more than we could eat. We very much appreciated that. Thom Thom's a great value and we will go back, but maybe earlier next time. The noise level was very loud and the only negative in an otherwise enjoyable dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40 Mile DriveEd123Dined on 5/10/2014My wife and I tried Thom Thom's for the first time in November last year and have been back 3 additional times. The fact that we have to drive 40 miles from Suffolk county does not matter as this is a great place for food and drinks. The only problem and it is a small one is when you are having a great meal at a little higher than normal prices on a Saturday night you might have a child crying and screaming in the restaurant, which is what happened at last visit. Leave the kids home and enjoy this great place. I will still go again it is that good.Special Features:
- The food is very good nice peopleTonyrod12Dined on 5/4/2014Tom Tom restaraunts food is very very good and the staff is very nice but the food took a long time to come out . And they forgot one of the small plates we ordered .Special Features:
- Delish!JennHDined on 5/4/2014Everyone loved their food! The lava cake was unbelievable and the sushi was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.