Thom Thom Steak & Seafood Restaurant
3340 Park Avenue
Wantagh, NY 11793Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Thom Thom Steak & Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thomthomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (516) 221-8022
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout
A word from Thom Thom Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Welcome to Thom Thom...Where Great Taste is Only the Beginning! Our new steak and seafood menu is sizzling with so many deliciously grilled delights you won’t know where to start! All yours to savor in our stylishly casual dining room, along with contemporary cocktails, decadent desserts and just-right service. All the makings of a Manhattan hot spot without the Manhattan prices! And we’re nearby, only a few steps north of the Wantagh train station.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thom Thom Steak & Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (36)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (25)notable wine list (20)romantic (15)hot spot (13)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- They are trying really hard!KillerqueenVIPDined on 11/8/2014We haven't been to ThomThom in quite some time. Menu hasn't changed much; I think it could use a little tweaking. I find it odd the sushi bar is literally IN THE BAR. Food was ok, but not memorable. Service was a little slow through no fault of the servers...the place was really busy and we were in no rush. Seating for 2 on the aisle should be reconfigured so that sight lines are not looking directly into the kitchen...it's not pretty!Special Features:
- A great experience, againIrish1Dined on 11/8/2014Thom Thom is an excellent restaurant that brings a taste of Manhattan to Wantagh, with something for everyone on the menu. On this visit I enjoyed a roast beet salad with goat cheese and candied nuts as an appetizer, then sushi (have the amazing autumn roll!) as my entree. Fresh, delicious and beautifully plated! My husband ate every bite of his scallop with chorizo risotto, followed by traditional filet mignon with crunchy onions. The service was extremely attentive, but I'll admit we were very early on a Saturday (around 6pm). My first visit to Thom Thom was with friends for drinks and appetizers on a Friday night, it was packed but really fun, the Small Plate Sampler is what made me come back. And I will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okJohnDined on 11/6/2014We went for restaurant week. Went with my wife It was first time there Place was not busy and was very very loud. Waitress could care less we were seated. Butternut squash and pear soup was very good filet mingion was very good dessert very small nothing great supposed to be apple crisp but it wasn't very good. We were not even offered coffee or tea. I don't think we would go again. Just wasn't what was expected
- Not blown awayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014My wife and I had take out sushi from there which was amazing. We decided to try the regular menu this time around and the food was just average. Nothing to rave about. However the sushi is amazing. We will be back for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing ingredient?SteveDined on 11/6/2014Two friends and I went here for restaurant week and I was not impressed. One would think that a restaurant would be putting it's best foot forward. Apparently not. The appetizers were ok, the entrees were mixed and the desserts a disappointment. One member of my group ordered the salmon on fennel. There was no fennel in sight. Instead there was braised Romaine lettuce. My colleague asked the waitress who was insistent there was fennel in the dish. Unless it was sauteed until not mere translucence but actual transparency, there was not. So the missing ingredient was both the fennel and a pleasant attitude on the part of the waitress. I would not recommend this place and I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Let's go there againLetsgoouttoeatDined on 11/3/2014The food was really good, high quality and well seasoned with distinctive tastes. I had the salmon, my date had the steak, and we were both very pleased with the meal. The staff was terrific; attentive and professional without being intrusive. The owner stopped by our table for a brief meet and greet, which was a nice touch. I was pleasantly surprised by the check, which was fair and reasonable. I look forward to returning and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great DinnerFoodloverDined on 11/2/2014We went to Thom Thom for Restaurant week. We have eaten there before for our anniversary and the food is great. Presented beautifully and delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed every bite. It is a great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Delicious and well pricedMtaylorDined on 10/31/2014Have been here many times and this was by far the best meal at the best price with very good service. Will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Eat your heart out!MarkLovesLisaDined on 10/26/2014Food was excellent, portions were a little small. Diver Scallops were out of this world, Sea Bass was delicious, Steak was just ok, lobster Bisque was nothing special, would go back againSpecial Features:
- Short NoticeOpus1969Dined on 10/26/2014Decided to go to Thom Thom's on short notice. Was able to get a table right away. As has been our experience in the past, the food was outstanding! Both the Skirt Steak and the Seared Salmon were prepared perfectly. Only downside was that there seemed to be a family party going on in a back room and there were children running around screaming, a bit out of control.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum! Will be back!FoodieNYDined on 10/24/2014Delicious menu for drinks and food! The apple salad was great (granny smith apples, gorgonzola and arugula) and was great paired with white sangria. The appetizer sampler was great.... delicious bang bang shrimp (although it was pretty "bangin" for those who don't like spice), crunchy sweet calamari, dumplings, and crab cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thom Thom for the winMoneyMarc15Dined on 10/23/2014I went to Thom Thom for a date with a beautiful women. She likes sushi and I like steak. This place was a great for the both of us. The food was exceptional. I had a great 32 oz steak and the appetizers were to die for. A bit pricy but for a hot date it's worth it. Come hungry, and leave satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigred1Dined on 10/23/2014Food & service was excellentTry the filet mignon Very tastySpecial Features:
- Love Thom Thom!mitymoeDined on 10/20/2014I can never decide what to order because everything's so good! We were there on a Monday evening & the place was very busy. Not surprised. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 10/13/2014Great Rib Eye Steak! Great service! We have eaten here many times, and have never been disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BtranoDined on 10/12/2014Very nice place, very good food, and a nice wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebration!zerhanDined on 10/12/2014Thom Thom's is always our "go to" celebration place. I made reservations earlier in the day. We started off as six in our party, which quickly grew to eight. One phone call and the two extra people were accommodated, no problem. Our waiter, Kelvin, was very attentive to our group. The food, without a doubt, was the main focus and delicious, from the Chilean Sea Bass to the Osso Buco. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Just OkDatenightDined on 10/11/2014I made a reservation a week ahead and we were seated in the bar area, my petite filet was served well done and I ordered it medium.
- Thom ThomWayneVDined on 9/25/2014Excellent service, very good steaks and great sushi.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experience.RayTVIPDined on 9/22/2014Overall a very good evening. On Monday nights they have a wine special offer, 30% off any bottle of wine less than $100.00. Great deal! My only complaint is that the one beer drinker in our group had to send back two different tap beers for a bad taste.Special Features:
- Hit or missgattyVIPDined on 9/22/2014OK local place when no time to travel-very inconsistent, good one time next time -wasn't. My husbands steak the last time we were there was a very bad piece if steak ,grizzle etc-borught it to Mgr's attention and he insisted it was because my husband wanted it well done-really?? Needs better Mgt and more consistent service
- dissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2014Cowboy steak was grey and soggy wet. Mac and cheese pasta wasn't cooked. Don't know what happened to this place used to love it prob won't return
- Good VarietyRestaurantbucketlistDined on 9/21/2014Visited this place for the first time on Sunday. Place was not busy at dinner time. Food selection was great as it had items that we all liked. Sushi was pretty good, the duck and skirt steak was very good. My son had the pasta with chicken which he said was good. Prices are on par with other restaurants of the same type of food offerings. We will definitely be back to try other item.Special Features:
- Thom ThomsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014We love eating at Thom Thoms because the food is excellent..Quality food..We go there for special occasions...I would highly recommend Thom Thoms to others to try...Everything when we go is cooked to perfection...Staff was friendly...Bar area very inviting..Relaxing atmosphere...Every night they have different specials....It is American food mixed with asian food. Great sushi choice...we had the lobster tail and petite filet..served with delicious string beans and mashed potaotes...Just the right amount of serving..Special Features:
- Excellent foodFoodHoundDined on 9/11/2014Having been there many times and having had many excellent dishes, I decided to try the Paella. I was not disappointed, the Paella was Great!. The was a lot of seafood, chicken and the chorizo was a great addition making it more authentic. the others in my party had the Scallops and Salmon which they loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menumickeyfanDined on 9/9/2014Thom Thom never disappoints. Love this restaurant and the menu is very diverse. There is something for everyone. Seafood and sushi are the highlights, but they also have great steaks and other entrees.Special Features:
- loveeatingoutDined on 9/9/2014always love eating at THOM THOM. Food and service the best. Love the PRICE FIX menu ..........great value. don't mind that the price went up a LITTLE but the entrées have changed = BRING BACK the original price fix PLEASESpecial Features:
- bachelor partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Went to thom thom on a Sunday night with 12 guys everyone loved their dinner. No complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceJOESKINNYDined on 9/6/2014made a reservation and they took car elf us. food was great, kung pow calamari are amazing, all sushi rolls on menu are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thumbs upFranchise04Dined on 9/6/2014Great place, food and service. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLocalpeopleDined on 9/5/2014Went for Dinner on Friday night. The Salmon with Mushroom Risotto was excellent. My husbatand had a Red Snapper and Shrimp Special that was fantastic. They have excellent sushi and Fried Calamari was outstanding. The drinks were good but the cosmo was not as ordered. They take reservations!Special Features:
- Delicious & wonderful diningKristenDined on 8/30/2014This is my second time at Thom Thom Steak & Seafood. My first visit was on Valentine's Day, and I was extremely satisfied with the outstanding level of service and amazing food. My second visit proved to be even better than the first. Living in Manhattan, it is rare that I am blown away by restaurants on Long Island. This is a true gem, and left everyoneSpecial Features:
- Some food was excellent & some okjtmomVIPDined on 8/23/2014The appetizers were very good, especially the salads. The snapper was delicious and so were most of the steaks. The only issues we had was my son's sliders were undercooked and had to be sent back. My daughter's filet mignon was overcooked as she had asked for medium and had to be sent back. We were all finished by the time she received her new filet. To make up for this, they gave her dessert.
- Wonderful find!LauraDined on 8/22/2014My best friend and I were looking for a midway point to meet for dinner and a colleague suggested Thom Thom and told me she'd never had a bad meal there. To say we were thrilled was an understatement. We felt like we found a bit of Manhattan right here on Long Island. The wine special was a wonderful choice and we were particularly thrilled with the fig salad appetizer. Everything we ordered was delicious and the bill was so reasonable. We never felt rushed and our waiter couldn't have been more charming and attentive. We have decided to make this our place to meet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedPurpleDaisyDined on 8/20/2014Bought a Groupon, studied the menu so I would be prepared on what I would order, gave the waiter my order, he came back 5 min later to tell me they ran out of scallops.. on a Wed night mind you. I was so disappointed. He also failed to tell us that a veg came with the meal and we ordered one as we assumed one did not. A side that was on the plate had a choice. Weird. Overall, it was ok.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!NanaCindyDined on 8/20/2014We have eaten here a number of times and always love the food. We had a concert at Jones Beach so this was a great location. The bonus is that the food and service is outstanding:)Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I had heard rave reviews about Thom Thom, but we were disappointed. 2 out of 5 of us liked our meal. The waiter was pleasant but seemed very preoccupied (it wasn't very busy), the table itself was very wobbly and had to be fixed with a matchbook underneath. I was astounded at the state of the ladies room! There was garbage and paper all over the floor and no toilet paper in the stalls...this was 6 pm on a Sunday, not 2AM in the morning! Maybe we caught this place on an off day, but I would never return based on our experience.
- Hamburger Tuesday nightcasinogoerDined on 8/12/2014We went for the hamburger special and enjoyed a great burger and side dishes. The dumplings were excellent as well will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJFoodieDined on 8/3/2014It was an anniversary so we asked for a romantic table. No problem. No wait when we arrived. Great specialty cocktail recommended and the right wine paired with dinner. Food was delicious, quickly brought out and perfectly prepared portions. Dessert was decadent. Ambience was very nice. Would definitely recommend and return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Glad We Tried it Again...RobHVIPDined on 8/2/2014We hadn't gone back to Thom Thom because of a bad experience that we had over 5 years ago. We decided to give it a try again. We are so glad that we did. The food was amazing!! We found out that they had changed ownership and management a while back. The food was on point and the service was top notch!! Thank you Jennifer for making it a great night for my husband and I. We will be back and we will ask for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.