Thirty 7 North Restaurant & Bar
2105 W Great Neck Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Thirty 7 North Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thirty7north.com/
- Phone: 7574120203x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 9 AM to 2 PM, 5 PM to 9 PM
Monday: 5 PM to 10 PM
Tuesday: 5 PM to 10 PM
Wednesday: 5 PM to 10 PM
Thursday: 5 PM to 10 PM
Friday: 5 PM to 11 PM
Saturday: 5 PM to 11 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Barry Smith / Jamie Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday
- Special Events: Wine and Food Pairing, Beer and Food Pairing and numerous events monthly
A word from Thirty 7 North Restaurant & Bar
Head in the direction of Thirty Seven North, the new dining destination for elegant "farm to table", American cuisine. Our Virginia Beach restaurant provides a casual on-the-water atmosphere in the Shore Drive area that is warm, local, and far north of ordinary. We pride ourselves on bringing you the freshest seasonal ingredients available and preparing modern fare using local produce, meats, and seafood with both traditional and exotic recipes. Our menu is ever-changing so that we can evolve with the seasons and today’s freshest catch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Thirty 7 North Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Thirty 7 North Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)special occasion (21)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (8)romantic (6)hot spot (6)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- All you could want!GloucesterDined on 10/19/2014All meals were outstanding--- Visual presentation, taste, quantity, quality and temperature. Service was attentive but not in your face---we never had to ask for water refills! Put this place on your list to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WMGMCGVIPDined on 10/11/2014Have been to this resturant many times. We enjoy the food & service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed seeing JenAwesomeDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed the food but sorry we missed seeing Jen the Sommelier. Hope the California trip was the best?Special Features:
- Chef's overkillBigPalateDined on 9/25/2014Concept is cool - like the farm to table. However, Chef needs to tone it down. We have wide palate but this chef ruins what would otherwise be great dishes with competing flavors. Example - crackers and pimento, both were good - but not together. Too strong flavors fighting with each other. Same issue with truffle fries. Tuna just wasn't cooked right. All that said, filet was awesome.
- Heavily saltedKenSDined on 9/20/2014Everyone in our group of four noted that their entrée was heavily salted. One had ordered shrimp & grits (the others ordered the flounder special), and specifically asked that the shrimp NOT be blackened. They were not blackened, but were salty, too. I'm confident that, if we had brought this to our server's attention, they would have replaced the entrees, but we did not want to wait, so we ate.Special Features:
- DisappointingVBfolksVIPDined on 9/19/2014While the service was excellent the menu was just OK and the wine list gets more expensive. The menu changes frequently and we hope for more creativity in the future. We are frequent diners here so this visit was just a bit disappointing. Not ready to give up.Special Features:
- Delightful experience...TimHDined on 9/6/2014Our first time dining at this restaurant. My wife and I were thoroughly impressed, from beginning to end. Finding a restaurant of this quality that concentrates on using food from the local area was a treat. From the house specialty drinks to the main course, it was a special evening.
- Excellent mealJamesMDined on 9/5/2014We had dinner last Friday and everything was very good and we left happy with our over-all experience. We had some chef creations for appetizers and I was very impressed. Fresh Rockfish for main entrée and that was excellent as well. I recommend 37 North for anyone that wants an up-scale meal with a very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localguyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had the pan seared flounder and it was cooked to perfection, however we do wish the fish came with a type of sauce. Our side dishes were delicious and our server was outstanding. We do look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Delectable! Great local restaurant!lisaodcDined on 8/24/2014We loved the ambiance, service and most importantly, the food was outstanding! The fried tempura shrimp was fresh and perfectly done. The ability to order just how many you would like is almost unheard of! Pretzel bites and fried pickles were delicious. We all were very impressed with our meal selections. I've ordered chicken at most restaurants, however the "Yard Bird" was smoked with a wonderful maple glaze that made it moist and succulent! The steaks were perfectly done and fried flounder was crisp on outside and moist on the inside. So, all in all, our new favorite restaurant in VaBch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has it all!ChrisDined on 8/23/2014My family & I went to 37 North the other night for dinner.We have kids & thought that the outside deck would be a fun place for them and it was!While our son enjoyed walking along the docks to look for fish & our daughter teetered along the deck to check out the scenery.Our server was prompt & very knowledgeable.My friend wanted a 'bitter tasting' liquor to settle her stomach but couldn't remember the name of it.The bartender whipped up a cocktail of Campari, gin & sweet vermouth & she said "that's exactly what I was looking for".We were thoroughly impressed!THEN came the food & it knocked our socks off-the salmon was pan seared to perfection & the crabcakes were the best I have ever eaten & I have eaten MANY!Cheers to 37 North!Special Features:
- Great Location, Food, ServiceSmithIsland26Dined on 8/15/2014This was our second visit to Thirty 7 North during a trip to VA Beach (in order to celebrate a birthday). We loved our first visit so much that we decided to return before the end of our trip. The servers are very knowledgeable in explaining specials, providing recommendations, and being friendly. Another added touch is it is a true "farm to table" restaurant and the quality of their food reflects it. Great appetizers include the oysters, pretzel bites, and the tuna poke. Their chef also prepares little finger foods to sample (ie ham and tomatoes, fresh chips and tuna). Their ribs were excellent (both times)! Great deserts include the Peach Cobbler and Malted Cheesecake. We had a great time and we look forward to returning in the future!Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceWineloverVIPDined on 8/14/2014Once again, the food and drinks are great! But service does not meet the high end quality of the place. When I asked what the happy hour wines were, the blond at the bar said "white and red." Seriously? At a place with THAT wine list? I asked her to be more specific. She went and got the bottle and told me it was actually a sauvignon blanc. I looked at the bottle, and it was a vinho verde!!! Are you kidding me? Then our waiter forgot to tell us about some of the specials and appetizers. We asked him what the muffins were, and he said merlot. Turns out they were sweet potato, berry, and fennel! His timing was off bringing out appetizers; I had to wait for mine while my friends had theirs. Hire a head waiter and do better training!Special Features:
- Outstanding!MudhenDined on 8/12/2014One of the best meals we have had in a long time. The "wedge" salad variation was very different from the traditional version, but was quite enjoyable. Separate hot and cold treatments on romaine instead of iceberg lettuce. My entree was the second-best yellow fin tuna steak I have ever had (the best was in Lahaina, but maybe the sunset influenced that one.) My wife had her usual beef tenderloin, cooked perfectly. My dessert was a blueberry cheesecake variation that was a bit unusual to look at but really delivered the flavor. Service was excellent, and not hurried. I like the fact that the menu is limited to a few entree choices and changes regularly. We will definitely be heading back.Special Features:
- outstandingScottDined on 8/8/2014We had guests in from out of town and wanted someplace nice and impressive to take them to. We have been to Thirty 7 North before and liked it, so we took them there. The food from start to finish was nothing short of outstanding, as was the service. It also has an extensive wine list at every price point. Definitely worth the price whether you have guest or are going by yourselves.Special Features:
- bobbi831Dined on 8/8/2014We had a great evening of dining. The waitress made great meal suggestions and everything was fantastic. All of the staff were extremely attentive and friendly. We loved everything about it and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoatmanDined on 8/2/2014Dined on a Sat. night. Service and food both great. Crab cakes over succotash were awesome as was the shrimp appetizer. Tuna was fresh and they got the temperature right. They have a very good craft beer menu and excellent wine list. Many local farms and seafood purveyors are represented with organic vegetables used in most dishes. Management appears to be experienced and the staff friendly and efficient. We will return.Special Features:
- Fantastic, locally sourced menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014After a brief hiatus from 37 North, we returned and were impressed with the variety and quality of the snacks, apps, and entrées. Delicious!Special Features:
- localguyVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had the steak and snapper for dinner but the most delicious thing we had was the fried shrimp appetizer. Next time I think we will have that as our entree since you are paying by the shrimp. The snapper was a little dry but they provided us a sauce to compensate for that issue. The steak was very good. As usual the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- DissapointedpastoreatsDined on 7/24/2014The service was slow and the pace of the meal was slow. I was very dissapointed in the serving size. I ordered the sweet potato gnocci and it was smaller than the appetizer. The pork belly was undercooked. I probably would not go back because of the serving size.Special Features:
- Love the Mixologist DrinksBeachluvDined on 7/19/2014We love the fusion menu and unique and diverse mix of farm foods. SpectacularSpecial Features:
- Always a treatOutstandingDined on 7/15/2014Went there for our wedding anniversary and we are never disappointed when we visit. Thirty 7 North has become our go to place for special occasions. We want to return to check out the happy hour events on another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Outstanding food and service! Would recommend Thirty7 North to anyone looking for a far-from-usual meal in a distinctive atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localguyVIPDined on 6/27/2014We had a lovely dinner of filet and ribs. Everyone was pleased with their entrees. The sides were delicious and the service was excellent. We look foward to our next visit.Special Features:
- The following 213 reviews are from the Thirty 7 North Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Disappointed but we will try again.branmadeVIPDined on 6/21/2014My family had 8pm reservations Sat night. We were seated quickly but unfortunately thats where the good service ended. The waitress was friendly but slow to greet, bring drinks, take orders, etc. We had been there 20+ min before our dinner order was taken. That said we ordered and then waited and waited - no food. The manager came out to us and said there was a mixup in the kitchen and that they had to remake our food. About 1.5+ hours after we were seated (over an hour after we ordered dinner) we decided dinner wasn't worth waiting for. The manager was very apologetic, didn't charge us for the appetizers and drinks and even gave us a generous gift card to come back. We will try it again. The food (we had) & ambiance is worth another shotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceScottDined on 6/7/2014My wife had the ribs and said they were the best and most generous portion she had gotten recently. They also provided a hot wet towel (a real one, not one wrapped in packet) to help her clean her hands. Her slaw and potato salad sides were right sized and excellent. I had the burger which was very tasty, fires which were done perfectly and an outstanding side of brussel sprouts. Nobody does them better. The wine is list is huge and encompassing both in variety and price. Our red wine came slightly chilled, as it is supposed to be served, quite (unfortunately) unusual in most restaurants. The service was excellent. Our server Darren was helpful and personable and didn't hover or ignore us. He could give classes on how serve.Special Features:
- Always Exceptional!OutstandingDined on 5/22/2014Each and every time that we go to Thirty 7 North, we thoroughly enjoy it! The food is outstanding and the service is fantastic. It is fast becoming one of our go to places in Virginia Beach.Special Features:
- Great decor and friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/19/2014Service was very slow but friendly. They were out of the first 3 items we tried to order. It was not busy so hopefully they get it worked out before it gets busy. Super nice people and delicious food just don't go there of you aren't feeling like lingering.Special Features:
- love the brunchamandaDined on 5/18/2014Great bloody mary bar...with their own infused vodkas's. Brunch was delish!Special Features:
- Mother's Day Dinner1MustgoDined on 5/11/2014Our service exceeded our expectations. The kids menu provided the same attention to detail as the regular menu. It seemed like the entire wait-staff was our own. All very curious and professional. I can't wait to go back, the food was even better than the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!BeachhokieDined on 5/11/2014The food is fantastic every time that we come here and the Bloody Mary bar is one of the best in town. We have brought friends here from out of town and they raved about the place too - a nice locals restaurant on the water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice findMarkVIPDined on 5/11/2014We were visiting my son from out of town and found this on open table. A very pleasant experience, very nice layout, open and airy, inventive food, tables not too close together. I will be back the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- localguyVIPDined on 5/3/2014We had a delicious filet that was flavorful and tender. I highly recommend it. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversaryVBFOODIEDined on 4/29/2014We have been wanting to try 37N for quite some time now so we decided that our anniversary would be the time for the visit. The restaurant is beautiful and the food was great. The wine list is amazing and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. We own a restaurant in Virginia Beach and are very happy that 37N is doing such a great job. Our hats go off to the Chef Jamie! Don't let your pastry chef leave..I mean ever! Her desserts were the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperWMGMCGVIPDined on 4/29/2014Great food & service. We love this resturant and will be back very soon. Keep up the good work !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyableFlo2Dined on 4/26/2014My first time there. Had a drink at the bar and then were seated at table. Just my husband and I. Wine, food and service were good. I liked the energy and would definitely go back. My husband thought the decor was a little stark and not as warm and fuzzy as he would like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding eveningMcpartyDined on 4/25/20144th time at 37N. Every time is better than the last. Always outstanding food wine and service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Exceptional presentationCarolineandparkerDined on 4/20/2014The flounder was wonderful. Probably the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!SamiDined on 4/20/2014Found this because of open table....what a great brunch....excellent service. Can't wait to go back again. Love the idea of being able to make reservations....so many restaurants cater to tourists instead of locals and therefore a lot of locals miss out on these neat restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchIgowithimDined on 4/20/2014I have been looking for a restaurant with great brunch for special occasion - and finally we found one. EXCELLENT!Special Features: