Thirteen - Philadelphia Marriott
1201 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Thirteen - Philadelphia Marriott
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.13americaninspiredcuisine.com/
- Phone: 2156256795x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:00Pm - 11:00Pm. Patio open 7Am-10Pm...
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Thirteen offers a private dining area for up to 60 guests for dinner as well as cocktail receptions up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Crystal Trotman 2156256053x
- Entertainment: Thirteen has a new, state of the art sound and entertainment package featuring HD televisions handling all sport and leisure needs.
Private Party Facilities: Thirteen offers a private area for up to 60 guests.
A word from Thirteen - Philadelphia Marriott
Thirteen is the main restaurant in the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner daily. Catch all you favorite sports team on our 20 large HD plasma screen. Thirteen is an ultra modern concept offering creative American cuisine served in a new and upbeat atmosphere. Adjacent to Thirteen is Circ where you can enjoy premium & ultra premium martinis and cocktails...............Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thirteen - Philadelphia Marriott reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- vintage-classic dining6279doubleeagle8Dined on 7/4/2014Par excellence presentation of food-Attentive service-Terrific Value-Awesome AmbianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- louies2redVIPDined on 6/20/2014Even though Thirteen is an Open Table restaurant they would not take my dining check. The manager said their computer system could not process it. BE WARNED ....... no dining checks at ThirteenSpecial Features:
- The following 134 reviews are from the Thirteen - Philadelphia Marriott reviews archive.
- DaveVIPDined on 5/20/2014It was an ok place to eat breakfast. They have a buffet for $18.00 My wife had eggs Benedict that was good but not great. Since we were staying the the Hotel is was a good choice to stay close.Special Features:
- I travel a lot an tho sisSuzanne007VIPDined on 4/5/2014I travel a lot an tho sis one of the most mediocre restaurants on my route. The buffet is actually worse that the breakfast platter selection, which are dull beyond belief. The staff tries but the food is plastic
- Let's face it. this is a hotelSuzanne007VIPDined on 4/3/2014Let's face it. this is a hotel restaurant and not one of the better ones. The staff tried hard, but the food is mediocre.
- Remarkable menu, well-executed.FigmentRulesDined on 3/8/2014Off the lobby of the Philadelphia Marriott which is attached to the Convention Center. Fresh ingredients, well-prepared. Wonderful flavors with reasonable portions and good prices for the high quality of the food. Only downside is that it is a sports bar, so is noisy. You could pick up the food and the service and drop it into any fine dining establishment. It is very convenient to both hotel guests and the convention center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSGoldVIPDined on 2/14/2014I booked the reservation for Valentines Day, primarily based on the menu I saw online. However, when we got the menu after being seated, it was cut back to fewer selections. I chose the crab cakes which proved to be very tasty. My wife ordered the steak special which she had to send back because it was well past the medium-rare she had requested. Te server was understanding and entered an order for the crab cakes which my wife also enjoyed. The ambiance is stark and a bit tired. Unfortunately, it looked more like an old Holiday Inn than a Marriott.
- Menu lacks variety. It tookdisappointedDined on 1/25/2014Menu lacks variety. It took a very long time to get food.
- Great food for a hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014This restaurant is in the Marriott, and is near many, many good restaurants in Philly. We ate here for the convenience, as we did not need to leave the hotel and because some booths have TVs and football playoff games were on. The food was respectable and very good, but I would not make it a "destination" if I wasn't staying in the hotel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the heart of Center City PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013Planned a laid back NYE and picked Thirteen because it was in the Philadelphia Marriott. Seated quickly and welcomed warmly. Many good menu choices all prepared and served wonderfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It wasl convenientDaveseeVIPDined on 11/18/2013Having just arrived in Philly I grabbed dinner in the hotel (Marriott). Only had the crab soup and Caesar salad, the soup was hardy and good portion of crab - salad was decent as we'll. service was nice - but it is simple dining in a bar type atmosphere. I miss the steak house that used to be there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below average hotel food & serviceslr7VIPDined on 11/3/2013We had breakfast, it was reasonably priced, glad I was with good friends because the service was very slow!
- More than I expectedMoreDined on 10/22/2013Thirteen was so much more than I expected. The review online doesn't give this place any justice. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was great. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Salmon SpecialuoperinDined on 10/20/2013We both ordered the salmon special on the advice of our waiter, it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Sunday I had hoped forOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/15/2013Stayed at the Marriott and thought we would catch brunch in the restaurant. Seated at noon and were told we could order lunch only. Service was poor despite about 5 other diners.
- Spotty, but Still on My ListBruce79VIPDined on 7/25/2013I dined at Thirteen twice during a recent stay at the Philadelphia Marriott. Pairing the wedge salad (quite large for a wedge, plentiful garnishes) with the crab cake (just about perfect) - both appetizers - made for quite a filling meal the first visit and set me up to look forward for the second stop. That was a bit disappointing. The lobster bisque was not very bisque-y - very thick - though nicely hot and with sufficient lobster. The meatloaf was heavy, had a bit too much salt, and needed a sauce to help it down. The fries with cheese should, I think, be avoided. Service was uniformly attentive and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehAEPi71VIPDined on 6/28/2013I guess it's what you could expect from a restaurant in a hotel. The food wasn't horrible. It just wasn't all that good. my dish of barbecue chicken tasted like salty, over spiced store bought sauce, which over powered the chicken that was cooked perfectly. The menu was over priced. And our waiter, who actually wasn't bad, seemed to get lost after we were served dinner.
- Lost waitress and missing foodwmmiiVIPDined on 6/10/2013Ate here for lunch and my third visit. I have given up on this place. The waitress disappeared for long period of time, I had to ask the manager for extra sauce on my crab cake and the seafood bisque was watery. Would not recomend
- Breakfast buffetwmmiiVIPDined on 6/9/2013Waitress was friendly and attentive but the food was average with poor presentation on the buffet.
- helenaduranOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2013me and two of my co-workers came in for lunch and only had an hr the service and food was great we will came back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meal was so-so, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/1/2013The meal was so-so, the service was scant. Not a great experience and there are many other options in the area. I won't be returning.
- The only reason to lunch atlindasanDined on 3/7/2013The only reason to lunch at 13 is to have a quick snack before an envent, that being said, nothing was quick about our lunch at 13. We ordered white wine which was in need of further chilling. The service was distracted, perhaps the server had too many tables to handle. My lunch selection was fine but my companion's soup and 1/2 sandwich was sadly lacking in any inspiration and a bit stingy.
- Excellent, friendly and helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2013Excellent, friendly and helpful service at all levels. Good place to get away from hustle and bustle of The Convention Center without having to go outside, especially if the weather is inclement.Special Features:
- During our stay in Philadelphia,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2013During our stay in Philadelphia, we have been at this restaurant 5 times. There is a notable difference between the customer service during the day time and in the evening. I would recommend this place for dinner but not lunch and especially, breakfast, unless you are staying at the hotel and are in a rush. There are several places that are cheaper, in very close range of the hotel, and they might actually have wait staff who are actually friendlier and are careful to not rush you through your meal.Special Features:
- During our stay in Philadelphia,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2013During our stay in Philadelphia, my husband and I ate at Thirteen, with our children for at least four times- once for breakfast, once for lunch and twice for dinner. We have to say that the service there, especially with Jeff as our waiter, made going to this restaurant quite a memorable event. He is an exceptional waiter, very friendly, personable and sweet to our sons. In fact, we thought that all the dinner waiters seemed very friendly and personable. They made the ambiance of the restaurant much more friendly and personable.Special Features:
- Our server, this time, seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2013Our server, this time, seemed a bit impatient with us. Moreso, when we asked her to explain certain items on the menu. Overall, the ambience was nice and it is still a very kid-friendly atmosphere. The brioche french toast was delicious and as always, my kids enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- Our server was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2013Our server was excellent. Very nice and friendly person. The atmosphere was also very kid-friendly. Although the price was more expensive for what we could have gotten, just right outside of the hotel, the friendliness of the server and the kid-friendly atmosphere will definitely have us coming back again.Special Features:
- Service was ok. The only thingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2013Service was ok. The only thing that I had a problem with was the fact that the hostess did not seem to know how to confirm my Open Table reservation. Nor, did she care to. Fortunately, their was a female manager there that had corrected the situation and made sure that I had obtained my points. The main reason that I tried the hotel restaurant, as opposed to something cheaper and with more variety, within walking distance of the hotel was because of Open Table.Special Features:
- Stay AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Sorry, but this was the worst hotel dining I've encountered in years. 25 minute wait to order, 20 minute wait for a salad - then 2 minutes later the main course arrived. My husband only had time for a few bites of salad, but said it was so bland he didn't regret having no time to eat it. I was treated to the world's smallest filet mignon, undercooked and over seasoned with a strange combination of spices (there shouldn't have been any!). The side of squash in tomato sauce was the only edible part of the meal. I left with my meal mostly untouched and had much better food and service at the hotel Starbucks.
- Great Food, but to expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013We went for the breakfast buffet. VERY GOOD!! VERY Fresh... VERY VERY VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. $20 per person. If your in town for a special occasion, and want to start the day off right, go here. IF you looking to just have breakfast... you can find places that are just about as good, for half the price.Special Features:
- Not for game watchingRobWDined on 2/3/2013Just adequate. Beer selection leaves a lot to be desired
- Thirteen was a fine experienceJimKimVIPDined on 1/6/2013Thirteen was a fine experience for us. We were the only patrons there for lunch and were treated very well. Thirteen is a great place if you are with a cnference group or a group of friends.Special Features:
- Only thing I was disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Only thing I was disappointed with was the we sight had a different menu. Their wine prices were crazy being the wine person I am. I wanted the ribs but went for the grilled salmon which was fabulous. Everyone wanted my opinion on what to drink so I told them to go for a bar drink. Other than that great place and loved our waiter!Special Features:
- The menu seemed to have changedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012The menu seemed to have changed from the last time we visited. The lunch menu was not very extensive in that in had salads and sandwiches not many hot main entree dishes and not much variety. I was some what disappointed with the selection.
- The staff member who servedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012The staff member who served us was unhelpful and outrightly rude and behaed as though we were disturbing her! Otherwise, the other staff were helpful as I ate there 4 times as I was attending a conference. I suppose if you have a steady flow of customers, you can treat them however you like! Sad, because I went to another 2 restuarants in Philadelphia, also booked through you and had the best time of my life!Special Features:
- Dessert table was not stockedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2012Dessert table was not stocked properly. Had to wait 45 minutes for them to bring out more berries and pound cake. Other desserts remained picked over for far too long. Other than that the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- Should have dill pickles,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2012Should have dill pickles, not bread and butter. Food was ok. Lobster mac n cheese was lacking in lobster.Special Features:
- I reserved a table for sixOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/7/2012I reserved a table for six for dinner on a Sunday evening. Note that this restaurant is next to the convention center where a very large convention was underway. When we arrived and we were seated we were told that there was only a bar menu with the explanation that a new menu would begin the next day. Luckily using Open Table I was able to immediately able to book another table across the street.
- Sports Bar quality at hotel pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2012Average hotel fare. The maple sugar and cinnamon butter on the warm rolls were the only thing exceptional. The bar in the middle of the restaurant has many TVs tuned to sports so the occasional loud outbursts from over enthusiastic patrons is a definite distraction and annoyance. Several items on the menu were not available. If you don't mind a mediocre restaurant in a sports bar atmosphere, then it's okay. Definitely not the place for a nice and quiet dinner with great food.
- Was disappointed the outsidenancys13VIPDined on 9/12/2012Was disappointed the outside tables weren't set up for service on such a nice day but the team was very accomodating and helped get a table set for us. Much appreciated.Special Features: