Thirsty Lion - Denver
1605 Wynkoop St.
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Thirsty Lion - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thirstylionpub.com/denver
- Phone: 3036230316
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Glas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Thirsty Lion - Denver
Thirsty Lion Gastropub & Grill combines the traditional values of European and American pubs, creating a gathering place where friends and family can come together to celebrate life, enjoy great food, craft beers, signature cocktails, wines, music and sports.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Thirsty Lion - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Thirsty Lion - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (74)good for groups (71)vibrant bar scene (61)hot spot (54)great for lunch (48)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (33)scenic view (23)late-night find (18)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (9)romantic (6)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great spot for dinner/drinks!KristinGDined on 10/18/2014This pub sits next to Union Station and has a great vibe. The food was excellent! It was not quiet at all, so if you want a romantic evening or have little kids, this may not be the place for you. The service was pretty slow and the waitress was often confused, but we still had fun.Special Features:
- Good timeNotafoodieDined on 10/18/2014I met a friend for dinner at Thristy Lion. It was fairly loud at the bar, of course there was football on the TV's so people were excited about various games. I had a drink at the bar before dinner and the service was great, Matt was my bartender but at least 3 other tenders checked in on me as I was sitting there. We moved to a table a the back of the restaurant for dinner and it was quieter there, however there was a football game on the TV right above our table so that generated some cheering and yelling nearby. Food was delicious, we started with the brussel sprouts and then we ordered the veggie burger and NW Tavern burger. Both were fantastic!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDissapointedVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful time. Good service. good food and a delightful view of Union Station and the pedestrians around the station. Will certainly return. Note that the spicy mac and cheese is very spicy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014We went here for a birthday, I put in our reservation notes that it was for a birthday and a booth if possible. They delivered! We had a great server, drinks and food came out quick and perfected. Several servers wished our birthday girl A happy birthday along with the manager. At the end of dinner a sundae and birthday card was delivered. It was such a thought ful gesture! The food was amazing, the scene is beautiful and the service excellent. I recommend this place to anyone looking for great meals and fun atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Very LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014I was surprised at the variety and creativity of the food on the menu - there's really an option for everyone. Terrific seasonal menu and they even had a kids menu. The atmosphere is vibrant and welcoming. It is quite loud so you should know that before you go. The outdoor patio looks quite nice and they do have heaters which make it more feasible as the nights get colder.Special Features:
- Beer choicesbrewpubafficianadoDined on 10/14/2014The variety of beers is amazing! Our group tried a number of craft beers of different sizes and they were great!Special Features:
- Best BurgerDowntownDinerDined on 10/12/2014Two of our party had the Kobe burger and we both agreed it was the best burger we had ever had.Special Features:
- yamphaDined on 10/12/2014Beef tips are outstanding. Menu offers a braod selection. Enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Not too badWoodyVIPDined on 10/12/2014Pub food with a little more thought...and huge portions. Excellent beer/drink selection. Service was a little weak: had to ask for ketchup (and waited) to go with our fries; had to stop another waitress to refill our waters. For a new restaurant there were some growing pains, but I see its potential. We'll try it again.Special Features:
- Good food and service, but noisyblr1616Dined on 10/10/2014It was very good food and our waitress was awesome, but the very loud music made if very hard for any kind of conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location and atmosphereKdmoDined on 10/5/2014Great outdoor seating for people watching and casual dining.Special Features:
- Great serviceDanielDined on 10/3/2014Ask for Raqueta (sp?) she was attentive, friendly and gave exceptional service! The place was hopping and the energy of the crowd was electric.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice because new, too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Nice atmosphere, prices are too high for repeat business. The salad I ordered was good but way too small for lunch, it was more fitting as an appetizer as that is the size of the plate is was served on.
- Great find!Diner801Dined on 9/28/2014I dined here with a friend before a concert. We elected to sit at the bar, and that was a great choice. Two bartenders made a point of introducing themselves, and getting our names. We had bacon wrapped dates, and a charcuterie tray. Both were incredible. One of the bartenders poured us a taste of a certain wine that complimented the dates. That little taste of wine was a very nice touch - something he didn't have to do, but was greatly appreciated. We tried two different beers, poured at perfect temperature. Overall - this place is great. I want to try everything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed DinerColoradoFoodieDined on 9/23/2014Had friends visiting from out of town and heard from a neighbor that this was a good spot for wide menu variety (which is very true). Overall our experience was disappointing. First, they were out of several of the red wines on their list. Then, took a very long time for drinks we did order to arrive. Food came out within about 3 minutes of our appetizer. We were asked about dessert about 1/3 of the way thru the meal. Check was brought after we ordered dessert but before it was served. No server to be found after paying...we would have liked more water. Outside is the only place I'd sit for a meal (if I go back); that was the best part of the evening. Inside is very dark and very loud from music blaring...almost all diners outside.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBeerLoverDined on 9/23/2014We brought a client from out of town to dinner here and had the best food and time! Would definitely recommend to others!Special Features:
- Great time!dingdineDined on 9/23/2014The staff was very accommodating to our group of 13 and 2 younger kids. The drinks were great and the appetizers were excellent! Our waiter was extremely friendly and quick! Great time :)Special Features:
- A little disappointed ...BreeVIPDined on 9/16/2014I will a little disappointed in that I made a reservation for 6 for 12:30 pm for a lunch, and we were seated at the first table right in front of the entrance. It was SO noisy that we couldn't hear ourselves talking and evidently they had no other tables that could accommodate us (I asked). Also, we were seated right away but our server didn't come to our table for at least 10 minutes to see if we wanted beverages and bring us menus, and the service was very, very slow! Luckily we weren't in a hurry. But the food was great!!! We all had different things and everyone raved about the food.Special Features:
- Good place, terrible serviceHlg1234VIPDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere and food are great. We, unfortunately, had a poor service experience. Our server was pretty terrible. She came over the second we sat down to ask us if we were ready to order. We had not even picked up the menus. Then she didn't come back for a while. When she did we ordered an appetizer, dinner and drinks at the same time. It took about 15 minutes for them to bring out the drink. Then, the app came out, but they delivered it to the wrong table. Finally, our dinner came out, and it too, was delivered to the wrong table. I will definitely give this place another chance, but this one experience was not very good!Special Features:
- Always gooddowntowndinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our fourth or fifth time and just as great as the first timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Thanks to the thirsty lion for helping us celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Everything was very nice. Great food, great service from Austin. Wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014The environment is fun; however, our visit was a lunch meeting and it was way to loud (music) to have a conversation. Not an ideal spot for a casual business lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roaring good timevaq23finedineDined on 9/6/2014The Thirsty Lion provided great food from an eclectic menu in a fabulous location beside the revitalized Union Station in downtown Denver. The people-watching matched the cuisine, and our servers were clever and attentive. The only downside, for us, was the noise-level. It was difficult to hold a normal conversation. Otherwise, it was a thrilling dining experience.Special Features:
- Thirty Lion-Union StationNativeVIPDined on 9/4/2014Exceptional and attentive and friendly wait service provided by Charlie. Smoked chicken salad was very good and the perfect size for lunch.Special Features:
- Too loudWolfyDined on 9/4/2014I would give the place much higher marks had I not found myself trying to hear my 80+ year old parents, and be heard, over Alice Cooper's "School's Out", and similar hard rock, blasting from the sound system throughout lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thirsty LionMountainFoodiesDined on 8/30/2014The food was good and the beer great as usual. However, the service needs to be improved. My wife's soup was col and her entrée was a soup and salad combo. The server took it back and it took 10 minutes to get warmer soup. This was not a busy night either. the beer lisy is very good, but again service is spotty.Special Features:
- Great Thirsty Lion!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014So fun to have you here in CO. Food is awesome. You hired some outstanding wait staff and the atmosphere is fun and inviting. One of my new Denver favs!!Special Features:
- Average at bestScottVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great space however, food was really not good. Had fish tacos as server said that was the best dish on menu and they were average at best. Service was very slow. Space is great. Food really needs to improve. Go next door to Union Station - lots of great options there.
- Prime spot before a Rockies gameAlexVIPDined on 8/24/2014If you are heading to a Rockies game, this is an excellent spot to visit beforehand. With a robust beer list, prime Union Station location, lively bar scene and decent food, you'll be happy you decided to stop in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thirsty Lion PreSeason GamepreseasongameDined on 8/23/2014It took a while to get our drinks, however, our waitress was very attentive. I thought my Margarita was good but for $8 it was small. I had the jalapeno pepper jack burger and it was very good and priced well. My husband had the enchiladas and they were a little too chipotle style for him, size and price was also good. Our friends had the tuna roll and they liked it but it was rolled too loosely and fell apart while trying to eat it. The ambiance was good. We went to eat and watch the pre season Bronco game. We were able to see the game fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and LivelyhappilydiningVIPDined on 8/21/2014The place was packed, so that says a lot. We had several appetizers including the roasted artichoke, kale salad, wild mushroom flat bread and brussells sprouts. We enjoyed everything! It was well prepared and had great flavor. The only negative comment I have is that the girl who sat us was unfriendly and unfortunately so was our waiter. Apparently, they are not happy working there and it showed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014We truly enjoyed our dinning experience at the Thirsty Lion. Our waiter was wonderful and very informative. We ate outside and so enjoyed watching all that was going on at the fountains right beside our table. My daughter, who was in town from Seattle can't stop taking about this restaurant. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Couldn't hear over the music!fcddDined on 8/17/2014We were sitting outside and still couldn't hear our conversation. Let us enjoy the sounds of the city and the fountains, turn it down!!!!!!Special Features:
- Perfect pre-Rockies game Spot!joviolinDined on 8/16/2014Friends had recommended we eat here prior to attending an evening Rockies game. We were told we HAD to try the Scotch Eggs, which were delicious and definitely lived up to their hype! The burgers were outstanding - a friend and I got a NW and Jalapeno burger and thought they were the best burgers we had ever tasted. We had 10 in our party and sat outside - area was shaded and we could people-watch while we ate. Great service and we finished in plenty of time to walk over to Coors Field. Highly recommended!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudAppaVIPDined on 8/15/2014We went late night as part of a Union Station tour with friends from out of town. It was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves and our waiter seemed more interested in anything but us. Good spot for 21 year olds, next time I will sit on the patio.Special Features:
- First timer -wasn't disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, service ambiance. Good for groups with reasonable regular mean prices. HH is just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everytime has been gooddowntowndinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was the fifth or sixth visit and each time we say we will be back. Food was good, manger sat us in a great booth and the service was top notchSpecial Features:
- DinnerAuntieCDined on 8/9/2014First time at Thirsty Lion. Decided to share a pizza and really enjoyed it. Also had salads which were fresh with delicious dressing - tried the apple honey and it was tasty. Beer and wine selection is very good. The bar is impressive. We dined inside but were very impressed with the size of the outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music reviewFoodieDined on 8/8/2014It was advertized for great music selection & videos. Music could be heard outside at a low level & it was good as advertized, but inside was impossible to hear because of the lack of acoustics to help absorb the crowd noise. Great people watch place..Food very good. We dine based on the 5280 Magazine every Friday night called a food adventure. We have done this for over 6 years & only go to a restaurant once & keep track of our favorites for our friends to share. Denver is loaded with great food spots & we don't want to miss a one... Thanks 5280..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great patiobebedubsDined on 8/4/2014It was really nice to sit outside & watch all the happenings while enjoying our cocktails & dinner. The food was good, but being a gastropub I had high hopes & wasn't really blown away by anything. Beers were good & the moscow mules & blood orange margs were all great.Special Features: