Thirsty Lion at Washington Square
10205 SW Washington Square Rd
Tigard, OR 97223Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Thirsty Lion at Washington Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thirstylionpub.com/wasq
- Phone: 5033524030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and DInner: Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Dean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sports, music, videos and more.
A word from Thirsty Lion at Washington Square
Thirsty Lion is an entirely new pub experience. We offer a wide range of menu options, exceptional service and great music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Thirsty Lion at Washington Square - Best Restaurants in Tigard ›
Thirsty Lion at Washington Square reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (71)good for groups (58)great for lunch (58)vibrant bar scene (47)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (42)fit for foodies (38)late-night find (25)special occasion (24)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Once a great eatery/gone downhillLikes2eatgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014I have eaten here many times and have always had good luck with the service and the food. This time, our salads were swimming in dressing, the pears were brown and no cheese was visible. This was supposed to be a pear and gorgonzola salad. Also, we had at least three different servers over the course of the evening. None of them asked us how our food was. They just placed it in front of us and then disappeared - very disappointed. Our drinks took 20 minutes to arrive after we ordered them. I will think twice about coming here to eat.Special Features:
- BeckyAnnDined on 9/11/2014In town for business and went for dinner with a group. Large restaurant with a vibrant pub atmosphere. They seated us immediately at a large round table in a central location. It was pretty loud but we could still talk as a group. Food was really good (my scallops were cooked perfectly and delicious!) and others raved about the beer cheese soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLuvTLPVIPDined on 9/11/2014My friends and I love to come here for our monthly Happy Hour get together. Great food with lots of wonderful options - whether you want a meal or Happy Hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014I am a regular at TL - Wash Sq and have always raved about the excellent service. Not so this time because the server was slow. He was slow to bring water, take drink orders, take our dinner order, refill water, ask if we were doing okay and needed anything. After dessert, he brought our check without asking if we were done (we wanted more drinks). I had indicated on my Open Table reservation that we were celebrating a birthday and there was no acknowledgement of the birthday. I will go back to asking for Sunni because she always provides excellent service.Special Features:
- Outstanding!CmillDined on 9/5/2014Friday night, good thing we made reservations. As always, the place was hopping! We chose outside seating which was well shaded for such a warm evening. We started with the Spicy Kale Salad. It was spicy but sooo good. It was easily shareable. Main course, I had Wild Salmon and changed the side from mashed potatoes to rice. It was moist, flavorable and VERY fresh. My husband had the ribs. The rack was so large, he brought 1/2 home. Other guests had the Southwest Chicken Salad. He enjoyed every bite. Portions were very generous. Not enough room left for a dessert. Maybe next time we'll have dessert first!Special Features:
- Relaxing and deliciousKlalibDined on 8/31/2014We were spending family time and wanted an easy dinner with good food. Fantastic find, every dish was delicious. The wait staff was attentive and it was a very pleasant evening with a large group.Special Features:
- Perfect Late Night DinnerJMSTravelerVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Thirsty Lion is always a good choice. The staff are smiling and welcoming, the food is good, and it's always a lively atmosphere. My pizza was perfect and hit the spot, the cobb salad was fresh and tasty, the steak salad was good and hearty, and the fish tacos were delicious. And, of course, our beer was great!Special Features:
- Great restaurantlikestoeatoutVIPDined on 8/27/2014I have been going to Thirsty Lion for a couple of years and it gets better every time we go. The host staff is spot on, great service and the food is beyond expectation. Specifically on the service, great teamwork, friendly servers and all of them ready to exceed what you expect. Whomever does the hiring, great work!Special Features:
- Easy night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Although not familiar with the area we easily found the restaurant and were seated promptly. The service was good and the menu items selected were served tastefully presented.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousRedSoxNationVIPDined on 8/6/2014Food quality and menu choices are very good. I'm a regular here for lunch and dinner and I always find something yummy. Potato cakes on the app menu were good this time. Not the place for a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Wonderful Seared Ahi SaladSalesDinerDined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed a very nice business lunch out on the covered patio, mid-80's and was very comfortable. The service was excellent, my Seared Ahi Salad was beautifully prepared and large enough for a dinner entree. My guest enjoyed a delightful Reuben and couldn't finish, it was very large in size! The manager visited our table to make sure we enjoyed everything, truly and great lunch!Special Features:
- Normally 5 starsRyanVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've been over 30 times. Always great except 2 pm yesterday. The ribs were severly over cooked and too tough to chew. Sent them back, a first for us at TL, and the second batch was little improved. Honestly, considering how great their food is, we should have sent back a 2 bad time. We will certsinly go back and hope the cooks pay more attention. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceSaseitz00Dined on 7/30/2014You can not ask for a better place for the food and service. I set up for a small party and a few more people arrived then expected and the servers accommodated us by making us more room in this busy restaurant and were pleased and happy to do it. Once the food came it was so delicious and the servers ensured that we always had drinks and the food was to our satisfaction. You just do not see that anymore. This is a definite go back to place for a group party.Special Features:
- Always dependableTerribletomDined on 7/20/2014I brought friends here who were staying in a hotel near by. They were delighted with the Thursty Lion. We wanted a place where we could relax and catch up. Thirsty Lion was the perfect spot. Dependable food and service. When I make a reservation, I am always seated promptly. It's my place for casual.Special Features:
- Varied menuRed2Dined on 7/18/2014Our table of 4 got different dishes, all good! I thought the scallops on special were overpriced for 4 of them. Nice to have so many choices for all tastes and ages.Special Features:
- Great Service!BrunchVIPDined on 7/18/2014They called me the day of our reservation to confirm and to ask us of we preferred indoor or outdoor. This is the first time a restaurant ove been to using open table did this. They also had the gluten free menu ready for one of our guests. They read the open table notes and are great. I wish I could say every open table restaurant had this kind of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loveitcarolynpdx43Dined on 7/17/2014I probably eat here 2 or 3 times a month. The food is great. Always great service. It gets crowded at noon do we try to arrive by 1130. Little bit noisy for my taste but we manage by requesting a booth along the back wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Son 21st birthdayKimmieDined on 7/16/2014Had a great time for my sons 21 birthday just wish he had not gone out the night before he a bit of a hang over..Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014There were only 3 tables with people at them when we arrived (so like 20+?) open tables and the hostess was going to seat us pretty much right on top of another table for 2. I asked immediately if we could sit somewhere else. She did seat us at the other end - far away - until she sat another couple directly next to us (practically AT our table) about 30 min later. She also told us we could order from the happy hour menu and apparently they don't have happy hour on the weekends. Our server was good. Food was good. Alcoholic drinks are VERY weak. Also, there was a Milwaukie Brewers baseball game playing on the outdoor speakers instead of music which was ridiculous. So we had to sit and listen to a boring baseball game along w/ commercials.
- We keep going backAlinpdxDined on 7/11/2014TL fits well in this space...suburbia. Food is generally decent. Service is friendly. Prices are reasonable. Over the years we have visited 10times which says they must be doing something right.Special Features:
- The noise has been quelled.GrubbinDined on 7/11/2014The music was not as loud as our previous visits, making for a much nicer dining experience. I observed most of the other diners having lively conversation and enjoying each other's company. Past visits required everyone to shout so loud over the deafening music they couldn't hear each other. This time it was pleasant background and everyone at our table could hear each other. Thank you for listening to the feedback. We'll definitely be back sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUSTdine2niteDined on 7/10/2014Great seasonal menu choices. All of the food is fresh and delicious. The stacked enchiladas are fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experiencewhitecakeDined on 7/10/2014It was wonderful per usual. We sat outside and had a fantastic server and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, quality service.BirthdaygalsDined on 7/3/2014We were there for happy hour and enjoyed the patio dining. My dinner was just okay, while my guests thoroughly enjoyed theirs. They were out of a few items for drinks on the menu, which was disappointing. It was a very warm day and we looked forward to their cocktails. I'd been here before for dinner and was anxious to get back for some of the same. It was okay. Not great.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysMeMeVIPDined on 6/30/2014Food was good, and the wait staff is always friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SnoopanneDined on 6/30/2014Great happy hour menu, excellent service and servers can easily split up the bill (1/4 Callifornia Roll,etc.) so that there's no huge math hassle at the end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedShelbyDined on 6/27/2014We’ve eaten here many times for lunch and really enjoyed their salads, soups, and sandwiches. This was our first time for dinner. My wife ordered salmon and it, along with the green beans had very little flavor. My order of ribs was very tough and had small soft bones in it. Good lunch spot, but I can't recommend it for dinner.Special Features:
- Great Fun!CarolynOVIPDined on 6/20/2014We did not get to the restaurant till 8:30 pm. But our table was ready and waiting. Food and service was great. Very upbeat bar and fun! Very much "The place to be!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food..thekidDined on 6/18/2014Food was great, beer list is fantastic, and for once, actually an affordable night out at a place with local, oregon wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Wasn't disappointed. Good food and service. Make sure you get a reservation first! It's BUSY!Special Features:
- Food ReviewqualityDined on 6/14/2014We ordered 2 burgers well done. Mine was like eating charcoal, not edible, and the other was still pink in the middle.
- stick to pub grubJeffVIPDined on 6/13/2014Went for options outside the traditional pub fare offered. Ceviche scallops tasted like boiled prawns and scallops were a small portion of so - so cooked shellfish on a huge pile of rice. Should have stuck to pub grub.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!McKensyDined on 6/13/2014Great atmosphere and friendly staff. I made our reservation online and were seated early. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2014The Ahi Tuna salad is awesome, tuna is always perfectly prepared and the flavors are fantasticSpecial Features:
- Great Dinner with a Friendcheers2beersDined on 6/2/2014We really enjoyed having a nice outdoor area to enjoy dinner. The food was excellent and the wonderful selection of beers is always a hit for me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 462 reviews are from the Thirsty Lion at Washington Square reviews archive.
- Our Saturday NightLarsonDined on 5/17/2014Hello! We arrived at Thirsty Lion in Tigard to find the place totally packed. Lots of people waiting to be seated! So, we were very happy that we had made reservations. We got right in and were sat at a booth as we had requested. Very prompt service from the hostess and wait staff. Food was excellent, calamari was delish and worth the $10. We will be back for sure, and wished there was a Thirsty Lion location at the Clackamas Town Center area. thanks!!Special Features:
- ParadiseSunDined on 5/16/2014The outdoor seating area is wonderful. Attentive and enthusiastic servers - great variety of menu options with something for everyone.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurants aroundRyanVIPDined on 5/15/2014There are tons of great restaurants close in to Portland. But the Beaverton area around highway 217 is lacking. Even the Bridgeport area has limited options of really nice and classy places. Thirsty Lion is a hidden gem. Perfect for many events. Dates, brunch. Groups. Food is excellent. Large sports TVs running , but video only, no audio. More of a social bar/restaurant rather than a sports bar. Varied seating options inside and out. Been there approx 30 times in last 3 years. Every time excellent. !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lively placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/14/2014My overall rating of the lion is very good. The food, service, and ambiance were all very good. The noise level was moderate which reflects the active level of activity in the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2014We were pleasantly surprised when we went in on a weekday evening for a light meal. One of our biggest complaints at restaurants lately is the inattentive staff and slow service. Not at the Thirsty Lion. Water was delivered and drink order taken right away. Server took our order when we were ready and the food came out timely. We will be back. An important factor seemed to be a dining room manager that kept in eyes open.I would recommend this to a friend.