Thirsty Lion at Washington Square
10205 SW Washington Square Rd
Tigard, OR 97223Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Thirsty Lion at Washington Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thirstylionpub.com/wasq
- Phone: 5033524030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and DInner: Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Dean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sports, music, videos and more.
A word from Thirsty Lion at Washington Square
Thirsty Lion is an entirely new pub experience. We offer a wide range of menu options, exceptional service and great music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Thirsty Lion at Washington Square - Best Restaurants in Tigard ›
Thirsty Lion at Washington Square reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (59)good for groups (55)great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (41)fit for foodies (38)hot spot (36)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (22)special occasion (21)romantic (10)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Energetic FindRovingFoodieDined on 10/25/2014Have been here many times and decised to try something new. The chicken enchilada short stack was very good. It was a bit tough to carry on a conversation with music, the World Series and Timbers soocer all on the T.V's at the same time. Server was attentive especially since this time we had 2 small children with usSpecial Features:
- I'll come back again!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014This is a sports bar/restaurant. So big screen TVs everywhere and bit noisy but then your voice wouldn't be the only one who's loud. Other than that GREAT food, tasty beer and friendly & pretty waitresses with short black mini skirts ;) Great place to meet your friends or with your family.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerShaunamommaDined on 10/19/2014Great svc, great food and awesome time. Even tipped 50% cause it was so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality and service?RoadWarrior45VIPDined on 10/19/2014Maybe they were having a bad day, even if the place was not full when we arrived. Overall, the food was so-so with the steak being the worst choice as it was tough as shoe leather or whatever cow it came from, it dd not go down without some resultant anger issues. The service was slow/sporadic. We will go back, but it will have to be better if we will remain patrons.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/16/2014This place was just OK on our most recent visit. We like the one in Hillsboro better.
- Meh....BigumsDined on 10/16/2014I've been to this place several times and can't quite figure it out. It really depends on what you're looking for at the time I guess. Eat outside where it's quieter, if you want better service.Special Features:
- FoodCalGalDined on 10/15/2014The Thirsty Lion black bean and quinoa burger is the best I've had. I was appreciative that the server spoke highly of it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F1cartDined on 10/11/2014Had a great time meeting with friends for dinner. Wait staff was great, greeters at the door,not so great. I had a reservation for 6 and when the first two arrvived the front desk help wasn't sure if they could find the reservation on the list and they basically ignored them until I got there where I had to point it out on the list. Other than that little hiccup, EXCELLENT evening, great atmosphere, and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thirsty LionUal312Dined on 10/11/2014The cherry glazed BBQ beef was delicious!! Enjoyed being able to watch Giants baseball on TV screens inside the dining area!!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Best fish&chips since I was in England, great service, great beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014We went to have a casual dinner with a couple of friends. It was so loud inside that we could barely hear each other without shouting. OpenTable calls that "energetic." We call it deafening.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Ambiance was disappointing - music was so loud I couldn't hear my friends across the table, air conditioning made it too cold, and the very short black dresses on the female servers was offensive. Too bad, because the service was good and the food was great.Special Features:
- Night out with familygood4uDined on 10/3/2014Really enjoyed. Great food, and service was outstanding. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/LOUD!!!IrisVIPDined on 10/1/2014When my insurance agent wanted to take me to lunch and suggest Thirsty Lion, I was anxious to go. A new restaurant to try! (New to me.) The service was so good, the server had a sense of humor, always a good thing. The food was great. I would have taken my leftovers with me, except I wasn't going straight home. Will I return? Probably not. Way too much noise.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014I had seen several Thirsty Lions pop up in the Portland area and I was curious about their success. No longer. The hostess promptly seated me at a nice table of my choice in the patio area which is well designed. She cleaned the table of imperceptible debris from being outside. My waiter was prompt and friendly with his service without being intrusive. The staff seemed to enjoy working there and with each other. The food was great. I had the enchildadas and with 24 beers on tap, I was certain to have options in addition to the food which demonstrated a surprising range of cuisine from traditional English/Scottish pub fare to NW American fare. Will definitely come back when I want a solid meal at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014The noise level was pretty loud for as early as we were there. We had a booth, so were able to visit, but really? The music was waay too loud.Special Features:
- Good FoodKilroyDined on 9/26/2014The place was hopping at 8:15 on a Friday night...which is always a good thing. The food portions were just right and everyone at our table left happy with a full belly. The only drawback was that we had to wait for service. Our server was awesome when she stopped by & she got our order 100% correct. However, it was not uncommon that we had long delays between visits to our table. Our order included appetizers as well as a main course & we had to wait quite a bit to place our order for dinner. I realize this is because almost every table was filled & I'd rather have quality food that is slow than bad food that is fast. Overall it is worthwhile & the food was great. Next time, though, I hope I don't have to wait so long between beers. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GotomybuttDined on 9/24/2014Awesome food. Made a reservation and wasn't greeted very kindly (I'm 22) maybe that was the reason. BUT food was awesome and once waitstaff realized I was there to not just have an appetizer and water I got nice service. Would have been nice to have right off the bat but the food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once a great eatery/gone downhillLikes2eatgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014I have eaten here many times and have always had good luck with the service and the food. This time, our salads were swimming in dressing, the pears were brown and no cheese was visible. This was supposed to be a pear and gorgonzola salad. Also, we had at least three different servers over the course of the evening. None of them asked us how our food was. They just placed it in front of us and then disappeared - very disappointed. Our drinks took 20 minutes to arrive after we ordered them. I will think twice about coming here to eat.Special Features:
- BeckyAnnDined on 9/11/2014In town for business and went for dinner with a group. Large restaurant with a vibrant pub atmosphere. They seated us immediately at a large round table in a central location. It was pretty loud but we could still talk as a group. Food was really good (my scallops were cooked perfectly and delicious!) and others raved about the beer cheese soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLuvTLPVIPDined on 9/11/2014My friends and I love to come here for our monthly Happy Hour get together. Great food with lots of wonderful options - whether you want a meal or Happy Hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014I am a regular at TL - Wash Sq and have always raved about the excellent service. Not so this time because the server was slow. He was slow to bring water, take drink orders, take our dinner order, refill water, ask if we were doing okay and needed anything. After dessert, he brought our check without asking if we were done (we wanted more drinks). I had indicated on my Open Table reservation that we were celebrating a birthday and there was no acknowledgement of the birthday. I will go back to asking for Sunni because she always provides excellent service.Special Features:
- Outstanding!CmillDined on 9/5/2014Friday night, good thing we made reservations. As always, the place was hopping! We chose outside seating which was well shaded for such a warm evening. We started with the Spicy Kale Salad. It was spicy but sooo good. It was easily shareable. Main course, I had Wild Salmon and changed the side from mashed potatoes to rice. It was moist, flavorable and VERY fresh. My husband had the ribs. The rack was so large, he brought 1/2 home. Other guests had the Southwest Chicken Salad. He enjoyed every bite. Portions were very generous. Not enough room left for a dessert. Maybe next time we'll have dessert first!Special Features:
- Upscale brew pub fareJeffVIPDined on 9/5/2014Though I've had hits and misses with the menu, this time was a big hit. Seasonal tomato (Caprese) salad and the enchilada stack were both pretty darn awesome. Always enjoy the selection of beers and the vibe here. (Though it is LOUD, sometimes that is the mood I'm in.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and deliciousKlalibDined on 8/31/2014We were spending family time and wanted an easy dinner with good food. Fantastic find, every dish was delicious. The wait staff was attentive and it was a very pleasant evening with a large group.Special Features:
- Perfect Late Night DinnerJMSTravelerVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Thirsty Lion is always a good choice. The staff are smiling and welcoming, the food is good, and it's always a lively atmosphere. My pizza was perfect and hit the spot, the cobb salad was fresh and tasty, the steak salad was good and hearty, and the fish tacos were delicious. And, of course, our beer was great!Special Features:
- Great restaurantlikestoeatoutVIPDined on 8/27/2014I have been going to Thirsty Lion for a couple of years and it gets better every time we go. The host staff is spot on, great service and the food is beyond expectation. Specifically on the service, great teamwork, friendly servers and all of them ready to exceed what you expect. Whomever does the hiring, great work!Special Features:
- Easy night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Although not familiar with the area we easily found the restaurant and were seated promptly. The service was good and the menu items selected were served tastefully presented.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousRedSoxNationVIPDined on 8/6/2014Food quality and menu choices are very good. I'm a regular here for lunch and dinner and I always find something yummy. Potato cakes on the app menu were good this time. Not the place for a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Wonderful Seared Ahi SaladSalesDinerDined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed a very nice business lunch out on the covered patio, mid-80's and was very comfortable. The service was excellent, my Seared Ahi Salad was beautifully prepared and large enough for a dinner entree. My guest enjoyed a delightful Reuben and couldn't finish, it was very large in size! The manager visited our table to make sure we enjoyed everything, truly and great lunch!Special Features:
- Normally 5 starsRyanVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've been over 30 times. Always great except 2 pm yesterday. The ribs were severly over cooked and too tough to chew. Sent them back, a first for us at TL, and the second batch was little improved. Honestly, considering how great their food is, we should have sent back a 2 bad time. We will certsinly go back and hope the cooks pay more attention. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceSaseitz00Dined on 7/30/2014You can not ask for a better place for the food and service. I set up for a small party and a few more people arrived then expected and the servers accommodated us by making us more room in this busy restaurant and were pleased and happy to do it. Once the food came it was so delicious and the servers ensured that we always had drinks and the food was to our satisfaction. You just do not see that anymore. This is a definite go back to place for a group party.Special Features:
- Always dependableTerribletomDined on 7/20/2014I brought friends here who were staying in a hotel near by. They were delighted with the Thursty Lion. We wanted a place where we could relax and catch up. Thirsty Lion was the perfect spot. Dependable food and service. When I make a reservation, I am always seated promptly. It's my place for casual.Special Features:
- Varied menuRed2Dined on 7/18/2014Our table of 4 got different dishes, all good! I thought the scallops on special were overpriced for 4 of them. Nice to have so many choices for all tastes and ages.Special Features:
- Great Service!BrunchVIPDined on 7/18/2014They called me the day of our reservation to confirm and to ask us of we preferred indoor or outdoor. This is the first time a restaurant ove been to using open table did this. They also had the gluten free menu ready for one of our guests. They read the open table notes and are great. I wish I could say every open table restaurant had this kind of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loveitcarolynpdx43Dined on 7/17/2014I probably eat here 2 or 3 times a month. The food is great. Always great service. It gets crowded at noon do we try to arrive by 1130. Little bit noisy for my taste but we manage by requesting a booth along the back wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Son 21st birthdayKimmieDined on 7/16/2014Had a great time for my sons 21 birthday just wish he had not gone out the night before he a bit of a hang over..Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014There were only 3 tables with people at them when we arrived (so like 20+?) open tables and the hostess was going to seat us pretty much right on top of another table for 2. I asked immediately if we could sit somewhere else. She did seat us at the other end - far away - until she sat another couple directly next to us (practically AT our table) about 30 min later. She also told us we could order from the happy hour menu and apparently they don't have happy hour on the weekends. Our server was good. Food was good. Alcoholic drinks are VERY weak. Also, there was a Milwaukie Brewers baseball game playing on the outdoor speakers instead of music which was ridiculous. So we had to sit and listen to a boring baseball game along w/ commercials.
- We keep going backAlinpdxDined on 7/11/2014TL fits well in this space...suburbia. Food is generally decent. Service is friendly. Prices are reasonable. Over the years we have visited 10times which says they must be doing something right.Special Features:
- The noise has been quelled.GrubbinDined on 7/11/2014The music was not as loud as our previous visits, making for a much nicer dining experience. I observed most of the other diners having lively conversation and enjoying each other's company. Past visits required everyone to shout so loud over the deafening music they couldn't hear each other. This time it was pleasant background and everyone at our table could hear each other. Thank you for listening to the feedback. We'll definitely be back sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.