530 Main Ave
Bay Head, NJ 08742Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theresassouth.com/
- Phone: (732) 892-1555
- Hours of Operation:
Friday- Saturday 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties & Catering Available
Contact Email John at: John@theresassouth.com
- Private Party Contact: John Acampora 7328921555x
- Cross Street: Mount Street
- Public Transit: NJ Transit (Bay Head Station)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is parking street available, as well as the municipal building parking lot on Bridge Avenue. The municipal lot has a walking path and is just a short walk over the bridge to access Mount Street.
A word from Theresa’s South
Creative Cooking at the Jersey Shore! With homemade pastas and a variety of unique entrees from different cuisines, there'll be something to please everyone on the menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Theresa’s South reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (98)fit for foodies (79)great for outdoor dining (62)special occasion (50)romantic (45)good for groups (29)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- One of my favoritesNonnoDined on 11/22/2014I have eaten here countless times since we first discovered Theresa's South and I always have something different each time. I love coming here in the off season away from the crowds yet Saturday the place was jammed and the earliest I could get a reservation was at 8. I can truthfully say, I have never been disappointed. The fish dishes are my favorite and I have sampled them all. Most recently I tried grouper special. Outstanding. The steaks, ribs, and chops are excellent also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a delightful eveningdinnerfortwoDined on 11/22/2014We have eaten here during the summer, outdoors, which we always enjoy. The hostess wanted to seat us at a table right by the front door. When we asked for a different table, she gladly did so. Our server, Joann, was friendly and quick to answer any questions. All four of us enjoyed our dinners. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Therea's South is one of our favorite resturantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014One of our favorite restaurant's on shore, food is always interesting and always excellent with great service from staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XraytlbDined on 11/21/2014The food at Theresa's South is always fabulous! The homemade pasta is to die for. This is one of our favorite restaurants! The service is always great, and it's a byob which we love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teresa's SouthJoFeDined on 11/14/2014Excellent food, nice sized portions. Many healthy options, including gluten free pasta. Service was friendly and quick. I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection. Salads were nice sized and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014sorry to report that my husband's meat loaf was not satisfactory. He only had a few bites..... way too loaded with bread crumbs. Teresa's kindly offered him a complimentary espresso. Our server (Joanna?) was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a good experienceMB88Dined on 11/6/2014The service and ambiance were very good. The app's we got were tasty, including the crab cake, polenta, and goat cheese salad. The scallops and lobster pappardelle entrees were also good. But the lamb...The lamb shank, while braised well, lacked the demi glace that the menu boasted. The sauce that was present was watery. Without it, the meat tastes bland, as their is no counterpoint. There was also a garnish of tomatoes and raw onion on top that had no business being on the plate. The onion wiped out the taste of the mushrooms, which were actually part of the dish. Food for the table was good, but I am writing the review and I had the lamb. Overall, seems to be a great place for a couple to grab dinner. Our server Teresa was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I can not understand why the chef will not split a salad in the kitchen. I have asked every time we go, and they will not do it. Most fine restaurants are very happy to do it. Also, they tried to take glasses and dishes away before we were finished. I made a reservation for 6, and yet we felt rushed the entire time. They brought the check with our coffee and dessert. I tried to reserve a 7 reservation, but none was available so we took the 6, and there were plenty of tables at 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJerseyBoyDined on 11/1/2014First time customer. Received Theresa's Gift Card as birthday present. Food and service was great. Will definitely go back and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Toms RiverDinneroutDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant is simply amazing! Stop for wine on your way there to pair it with dinner! Staff is great and we were seated at arrival. Give yourself some extra time because of road construction but do not let that stop you from dining at Theresa's South!!!! Romantic, great food, byob!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JanetVIPDined on 10/23/2014Nice atmosphere and menu, and great service! Will definitely make this one of our "go to" restaurants!Special Features:
- Always a WinnerPaulaDined on 10/23/2014The entrees for this visit were all pasta selections. The clams and linguini, short ribs and pappadelle, and mozzarella and rigatoni were all a delight! The arugula, pear, and walnut salad was delicious and so was the tomato caprese salad. All these selections, salads and entrees, were large and take home dinners for another evening of delicious foods. Yum😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderfulTracylotsaDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I have eaten here several times now and have enjoyed it EVERY time. Food and service excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent again with humor!LovetoeatDined on 10/18/2014Delicious appetizers and dinner, however, a little issue with the bread. The basket arrived and with no introduction from the waiter, we opened to find warmed hot dog rolls broken into many shapes and sizes. When I asked the waiter for an explanation he advised they had run out of bread. A bus boy was sent out for back-up and that's what he came back with. Had a good laugh, but should have owned up to the bread shortage. For first timers it would be a very poor first impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely nightbeachgirlDined on 10/18/2014Great place to Dine with friends to catchup. Our table was not ready on time but the host/hostess did not express apologizes. The wait staff was excellent! The portions were very small but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENEDDined on 10/18/2014Food exellent. Server seemed to be out of it. Brought the bill before dessert and coffee was served. Never has this happened before.Special Features:
- Always Consistently WonderfulMikeWDined on 10/10/2014The folks who run this place really know how to deliver! Great food, great service! Very friendly and perfect for casual or special occasion dining.Special Features:
- BYOB, good foodfoylemanDined on 10/9/2014BYOB... That was missing from the details and is expected. They do serve water, couple sodas and unsweetened iced tea. Well rounded menu. The two meals we had were outstanding. Somewhat large, but delicious. Other parties looked very happy with their meals too. Meant to serve an upscale beach crowd. Went on a Thursday night in early October and saw few people. Still enjoyed. Despite small noise dampeners, conversations carry making it somewhat noisy. Smaller crowd helped that. Ages mixed from college to older. Didn't see kids that night.
- Get the eggplant Pancake!exit98VIPDined on 10/4/2014Loved the eggplant pancake appetizer! It's delicious! Topped with mozzarella and nestled on fresh olive oil and pesto sauce. Sop up any extra sauce with your bread. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJerseyBeachbumDined on 10/3/2014Food, service and atmosphere all very good. We love this place. Very accomadating for gluten allergies as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta Nightbeenie13Dined on 9/29/2014We are a fan of this restaurant! Mondays now offer pastas for a special rate.Well worth not cooking yourself!!Special Features:
- foodloversDined on 9/28/2014Always terrific food and a favorite for special times, hardly know what to choose. end up with the gemelli and fennel sausage and love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local eateryTracylotsaDined on 9/27/2014Love this restaurant. Been here several times with my husband and with friends. Consisitantly great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurgerDined on 9/27/2014First time at Theresa's South and due to the ongoing construction on Route 35 I was pleasantly surprised how busy the restaurant was. The service was great and the food was delicious. My only one negative comment is that the noise level on the enclosed patio was really loud. It was hard to hear your date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go to Theresa'sluvtocookDined on 9/20/2014IHave been to Theresa's numerous times this summer and each and every time we have had an outstanding meal. I would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent and the service was very friendly. We go there quite often - especially in the summer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rasalitaDined on 9/20/2014the restaurant is stylish but a little noisy. the food was delish and the service was outstanding. our waitress, christy was extremely friendly and accomodating. tuna was cooked perfectly, as was the scallops. can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDelneese1Dined on 9/20/2014Was looking for someplace new. Found this restaurant close by,glad we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShayDined on 9/19/2014Very good local BYO. Varied menu appeals to all. Moderately priced.Special Features:
- UnimpressedDinning4lifeVIPDined on 9/19/2014Arrived and was seated promptly. We were greeted right away and our wine was opened. After that the service went downhill. The food was only ok. Not as good as it used to be. The crab cake was a no crab cake, all filling and the eggplant pancake had little or no eggplant, all bread and cheese. And the food does not match the price. We used to go all the time and brought several people.. No more sorry.
- excellent restaurantLizfromSIDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I have passed Theresas South so many times and finally had the opportunity to dine there...LOVED it will definitely be revisited by us on our next visit down the shore!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Beach DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Relaxed...great food...casually elegant. Just an overall great dinner!Special Features:
- consistently yummyHappyCamperDined on 9/13/2014We have been here numerous times, and the food is always delicious. Appetizers can be easily shared. Entrees are ample portions. Attentive wait staff. Only drawback is it can get LOUD.Special Features:
- BobandkevinDined on 9/13/2014It was my daughters 33 birthday. We were a party of 6 and the service couldn't have been better. The appetizers, entrees and desserts all came to the table in perfect form. Was quite the memorable evening.Special Features:
- 90th birthday dinnerheroVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have enjoyed Theresa's South a number of time but everything , truly everything was outstanding this evening. Our server, aptly named Theresa, was a joyful and personable professional. Thanks for adding to the memorable occasion.Special Features:
- Theresa's SouthLusangDined on 9/11/2014This was the second time here. The food is delicious. I asked if they would change up something on the menu and they accommodated me. I would highly recommend this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- A Night out with my wifeRnCBrickDined on 9/11/2014We live in Brick, NJ and have gone by Theresa's on numerous occasions and always say we have to go there to eat.....and we always forget to. Well we finally went this past Thursday and we were very pleasantly surprised at just how good the food was, as well as the overall dining experience was. I particularly enjoy outdoor dining this time of the year and Theresa's has a very enjoyable outdoor seating/dining area...right out in front of the establishment....very nice. The service was excellent and I would like to thank Jen for being so personable and attentive, it reallymade the entire dinner Great. The food was also excellent....compliments to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to what I had heardnor14Dined on 9/8/2014The restaurant was lovely. The staff was uppity and not very friendly. The food was ok. We had heard so many good things about it, I will assume it was an off night for them. The salad was good but the pasta with the rib meat was chewy and no real taste to itSpecial Features:
- Great local restaurantMvh55Dined on 9/6/2014Great good. Walk or bike from town. BYOB. Great specials. Seafood pasta or list of other choices. My fave app: eggplant pancake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014service always good, menu choices extensive and varied. I have eaten here many times, and now have come to the conclusion when making entree selection stick to the basics and pasta. I had a special skirt steak and scallops. Steak was rubbery, tastless and covered in some type of soggy breadcrumb . The scallops as on "hells kitchen" were not cooked as should be. rubbery , raw and tastless. However, all of the appetizers were excellent including salads.