530 Main Ave
Bay Head, NJ 08742Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theresassouth.com/
- Phone: 7328921555x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday- Thursday 5pm-9pm
Friday- Saturday 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties & Catering Available
Contact Email John at: John@theresassouth.com
- Private Party Contact: John Acampora 7328921555x
- Cross Street: Mount Street
- Public Transit: NJ Transit (Bay Head Station)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Due to construction on Route 35 (Main Ave) in Bay Head, we encourage all guests to utilize Bridge Avenue to access the restaurant. There is parking available on Lake Avenue, as well as the municipal building parking lot on Bridge Avenue. The municipal lot has a walking path and is just a short walk over the bridge to access Mount Street.
A word from Theresa’s South
Creative Cooking at the Jersey Shore! With homemade pastas and a variety of unique entrees from different cuisines, there'll be something to please everyone on the menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Theresa’s South - Best Restaurants in Bay Head ›
Theresa’s South reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (118)great for outdoor dining (82)fit for foodies (81)special occasion (59)romantic (50)good for groups (30)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Pasta Nightbeenie13Dined on 9/29/2014We are a fan of this restaurant! Mondays now offer pastas for a special rate.Well worth not cooking yourself!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Always terrific food and a favorite for special times, hardly know what to choose. end up with the gemelli and fennel sausage and love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local eateryTracylotsaDined on 9/27/2014Love this restaurant. Been here several times with my husband and with friends. Consisitantly great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurgerDined on 9/27/2014First time at Theresa's South and due to the ongoing construction on Route 35 I was pleasantly surprised how busy the restaurant was. The service was great and the food was delicious. My only one negative comment is that the noise level on the enclosed patio was really loud. It was hard to hear your date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go to Theresa'sluvtocookDined on 9/20/2014IHave been to Theresa's numerous times this summer and each and every time we have had an outstanding meal. I would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent and the service was very friendly. We go there quite often - especially in the summer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rasalitaDined on 9/20/2014the restaurant is stylish but a little noisy. the food was delish and the service was outstanding. our waitress, christy was extremely friendly and accomodating. tuna was cooked perfectly, as was the scallops. can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDelneese1Dined on 9/20/2014Was looking for someplace new. Found this restaurant close by,glad we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShayDined on 9/19/2014Very good local BYO. Varied menu appeals to all. Moderately priced.Special Features:
- UnimpressedDinning4lifeVIPDined on 9/19/2014Arrived and was seated promptly. We were greeted right away and our wine was opened. After that the service went downhill. The food was only ok. Not as good as it used to be. The crab cake was a no crab cake, all filling and the eggplant pancake had little or no eggplant, all bread and cheese. And the food does not match the price. We used to go all the time and brought several people.. No more sorry.
- excellent restaurantLizfromSIDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I have passed Theresas South so many times and finally had the opportunity to dine there...LOVED it will definitely be revisited by us on our next visit down the shore!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Beach DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Relaxed...great food...casually elegant. Just an overall great dinner!Special Features:
- consistently yummyHappyCamperDined on 9/13/2014We have been here numerous times, and the food is always delicious. Appetizers can be easily shared. Entrees are ample portions. Attentive wait staff. Only drawback is it can get LOUD.Special Features:
- BobandkevinDined on 9/13/2014It was my daughters 33 birthday. We were a party of 6 and the service couldn't have been better. The appetizers, entrees and desserts all came to the table in perfect form. Was quite the memorable evening.Special Features:
- 90th birthday dinnerheroDined on 9/12/2014We have enjoyed Theresa's South a number of time but everything , truly everything was outstanding this evening. Our server, aptly named Theresa, was a joyful and personable professional. Thanks for adding to the memorable occasion.Special Features:
- Theresa's SouthLusangDined on 9/11/2014This was the second time here. The food is delicious. I asked if they would change up something on the menu and they accommodated me. I would highly recommend this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- A Night out with my wifeRnCBrickDined on 9/11/2014We live in Brick, NJ and have gone by Theresa's on numerous occasions and always say we have to go there to eat.....and we always forget to. Well we finally went this past Thursday and we were very pleasantly surprised at just how good the food was, as well as the overall dining experience was. I particularly enjoy outdoor dining this time of the year and Theresa's has a very enjoyable outdoor seating/dining area...right out in front of the establishment....very nice. The service was excellent and I would like to thank Jen for being so personable and attentive, it reallymade the entire dinner Great. The food was also excellent....compliments to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to what I had heardnor14Dined on 9/8/2014The restaurant was lovely. The staff was uppity and not very friendly. The food was ok. We had heard so many good things about it, I will assume it was an off night for them. The salad was good but the pasta with the rib meat was chewy and no real taste to itSpecial Features:
- Great local restaurantMvh55Dined on 9/6/2014Great good. Walk or bike from town. BYOB. Great specials. Seafood pasta or list of other choices. My fave app: eggplant pancake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014service always good, menu choices extensive and varied. I have eaten here many times, and now have come to the conclusion when making entree selection stick to the basics and pasta. I had a special skirt steak and scallops. Steak was rubbery, tastless and covered in some type of soggy breadcrumb . The scallops as on "hells kitchen" were not cooked as should be. rubbery , raw and tastless. However, all of the appetizers were excellent including salads.
- Probably my 15th visitwpwru75Dined on 9/6/2014I have dined here about 15 times over the past 2-3 years. My guests nor I have ever had a bad meal or experience. Food is consistently very good. Service is fast and wait staff is attentive and courteous. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We had the pleasure of enjoying dinner at your restaurant. Each and every time we had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Great meal , always our go to restaurant when friends visit. We enjoyed a very relaxing end of summer evening!Special Features:
- Special momentsTime2eatDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time dinning at Theresa south, it was our 38th wedding anniversary. Making the reservation was so easy on line. The food was excellent,the service could not have been any better,our server Kristin was very attentive and personable. We differently will be back more often now. And will make this our special place with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bum's rushLuv2exerciseDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I thought we had found a new " our spot" place until last Thursday night. We made a reservation for 7:30 and were enjoying a wonderful meal with our daughter when one of the hostesses approached the table to inform us we would have to vacate the table because there was another party waiting for it. We were,and continue to be, appalled by the rudeness and unprofessional request. We have never had this happen to us before. We will be calling the manager to complain.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014Food was very good and our server was extremely nice. A little pricey for a BYOB but I would go again.
- Eating in Bay Head8finefoodDined on 8/24/2014We stop by there every time we vacation in Bay Head. Great service, food is fantastic, and staff is very friendly. Make a reservation as the place can fill up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindNJDiner4Dined on 8/21/2014We stayed in Bay Head overnight and had booked this dinner through open table after making our hotel reservation. Needless to say this dinner was the nicest surprise as the food and service was wonderful. So much of the old neighborhood is gone due to Hurricane Sandy...Theresa's South is a welcome addition.Special Features:
- Dining in the DarkOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/20/2014This is our second time at Theresa's. We are a large group and they have a good location to fit everyone. Only drawback is the room is lounge style dark. We couldn't really see our food or the menus. We tried more candle light but that didn't work so we used our phone light. The food was really good. We had the shrimp and white bean appetizer, summer salad, short rib dinner, salmon. All were really good. We would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OustandingARBroDined on 8/19/2014Excellent, first class food and service. Open on Sunday night. Outstanding all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great experience...AngieDined on 8/17/2014Theresa's doesn't disappoint. Food is always on point, great selection, courteous staff, good pricing.....Bay Head is such a quaint town, outside dining is a must!Special Features:
- Love Theresa's SouthMermaid111Dined on 8/16/2014We love this restaurant. The food is always excellent, whether it's a menu item or a special. The restaurant is very pretty and the servers are always friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Excellent food, bit crowded SatFeedURbodyrightVIPDined on 8/16/2014Returned here because the food was excellent and we liked that it's a BYOB. We ordered one of the entree specials along with salad and it did not disappoint. Leave room for dessert! It was a bit crowded which we attributed to good food and Saturday at the shore in the summer. Waiter/ servers did their best considering they were so busy….expect that things may be slower and noise level louder as a result.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat.dinnerLuv2exerciseDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit. It was great. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Awesome!lynn7Dined on 8/13/2014Amaaaazzzzzzzziiiinnnnggg! In every way.... Been her many times. Never dissapoints : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AmericanCardsDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed the pear salad and meatloaf. Service is attentive. Overall food is ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jemangeDined on 8/11/2014After reading such great reviews, we were overall disappointed ..We ordered the talapia special and the grouper..Both had no taste…Caesar salad was all white hard lettuce..crab cakes was mostly breading. The kids meals were good…Chicken parm/fettucini and ravioli. I would be willing to try again and stick to the "fresh" pasta menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodluvtocookDined on 8/11/2014It's so refreshing to get a good meal at the Jersey Shore! This was our second time at Theresa's and just like the first time all of our meals were fantastic and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!AngieDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic food, server was attentive and personable, extensive menu...I will be back!Special Features:
- Theresa's South is amazing!!Boulder73Dined on 8/9/2014Outstanding service and food. We will be back for sureSpecial Features: