Theos Cream City Chop House
24 North Main Street
Fond Du Lac, WI 54935Neighborhood:
Fond Du Lac
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Theos Cream City Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theoschophouse.com/
- Phone: 9209228899
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday & Monday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Theos Cream City Chop House
Welcome and join us for an inspiring dining experience. With a focus on American, French, and Mediterranean cuisine, we combine the time honored traditional classics you know and love with a tip of the hat to more modern fusions of tastes for entirely new and delicious creations for you to discover. We offer full entrees as well as specialty appetizers, salads, and sandwiches for lighter dining. Featuring only Stock Yards beef along with the freshest seafood, poultry, veal, and lamb, we have a menu that is a very dynamic one and it changes daily. Expect the unexpected as new taste sensations and surprises constantly await your appetite and delight your senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Theos Cream City Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
- Your crab cakes are the bestBamBamDined on 3/23/2013Your crab cakes are the best around - even better than anywhere on the coastal states! Keep up the great work. Food is top notch! You get your moneys worth - flavors that are unbelievable! Better than the top rated restaurants in Milwaukee! Friendly staff and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- We only go to Theo's for specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013We only go to Theo's for special occasions only because we can't afford to go there more often. Best steak I have ever had !! Wonderful !!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time atparisCDined on 3/14/2013We had a wonderful time at this restaurant. The service was great , the food was yummy and the fellow diners couldn't have been nicer(we sat at the bar) Great Martini too. We left our credit card at the restaurant by mistake and they took good care of it. Will definitely go back if we are ever in Fond du Lac again.Special Features:
- Not a 'Romantic' Valentine's Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Three approaches to the bar to get 1st drinks; took the hostess yelling @ waitress to have our order placed; the specials for Valentines dinner were never mentioned to us; did not get potatoes that were requested(srvd mashd but asked for baked & reds); had to ask for our app & mushrms after steak was served (mushrms charred); 2nd drink was wrong & brought out 20 min later; had to get up from table & wait @ dining entrance to get someone to take pymnt. After 2hrs of mainly waiting for service, I just wanted to leave. Better service & food found @ a bar & grill establishment! Will not return here or refer to others. A disappointment all around for what is considered 'fine dining!'
- Very rude hostess to startOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Very rude hostess to start the evening. Our server was too busy to deal with us and then at the end of the night asked us how much change we wanted back from our bill to which we replied that we would like all of our change. We will not be returning.
- Old time supper club feelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Old time supper club feel including the wonderful pianist behind the bar playing standards. Steaks were prepared to perfection, medium rare as requested. Service was great. Never felt rushed. Downtown Fond du Lac is fortunate.Special Features:
- My steak was great and myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My steak was great and my date enjoyed her pasta shrimp. The waiter was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry.Special Features:
- Overall I like Theos, theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Overall I like Theos, the food is really good, but not worth the high prices. I would expect to get more than a small soup or salad with a $25 - $45 meal, or at least larger portions. There are other good restaurants around, for significantly lower prices.
- We were seated next to a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013We were seated next to a very large group which was kind of loud- especially the waiter- who was anouncing specials, wines and desserts from the end of the table instead of talking to sections of the table. It would have been nicer for us if we were seated away from them a bit - there were plenty of other tables available. Other than that it was a very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- The food at Theo's is awaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013The food at Theo's is aways excellent! I just wish the atmosphere was a little quieter.Special Features:
- Disappointed Yet AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012I'm not quite sure why we keeping going back, but this was definitely the last time. After arriving 10 minutes early for a reservation, we had to wait 20 minutes past the reservation time to be seated. Then we waited another 15 minutes for somebody to take our order. As usual, the portions are inconsistent with previous visits, and the price hikes are unwarranted as they are offering nothing more, perhaps even less.
- NYE Dining DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012We were at Theos with a group for New Years Eve. Our table was ready promptly on time. The food was amazing & the service excellent. I highly recommend the crab cake appetizer! It's the best I've ever had. Their hummus is outstanding and the garlic stuffed filet is my go-to dish. It never fails to thrill me!Special Features:
- Great Steak, but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/29/2012Great steaks came out as ordered for two of us in the party. Seafood platter appetizer is a slightly smaller version of the cioppino you may want to order appetizer if you are going for the cioppino or you maybe disappointed. Mahi Mahi was very saly. Service was the low point of our first experience at this restaurant. Drink served was not what was ordered. Had to ask twice for the wine list. Did not ask if I wanted to taste the wine, just poured it. Had to wave the check to get him to take it.Special Features:
- This restuarant has greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012This restuarant has great food, and our waiter was good - but, it is like steping back in time. The decor is OLD and what is with the white craft paper over the linens. The bar decor is worse. Cluttered. A few big screen tv's - one of them playing a skin care infomertial the enire time we sat and had a cocktail. Very unapealing! The bar staff never noticed they spent more time chatting with each other than attending to thier customers.Special Features:
- This is the best place toBamBamDined on 12/8/2012This is the best place to eat in Fond du Lac. Top notch. Excellent food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Awesome food. Best in town.BamBamDined on 11/10/2012Awesome food. Best in town. Great piano player while dining. Great service.Special Features:
- The food was awesome! a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012The food was awesome! a bit on the pricy side but well worth the $. I was disappointed in the wait and bar staff. not very knowledgeable, I had a absolute gimlet that I had to ask for Roses lime and an olive. The waiter seemed to totally misunderstand my order. I asked not to have the choice of potato but extra vegetable with my Tenderloin Oscar. He said I couldn't.I understand if you did not have a vegetable available but my Mothers meal came with green beans.I would have certainly paid extra to get a vegetable instead of the potato.I asked for a Golden Cadillac, waiter or bartender didn't know what it was and when I said it was an ice cream drink, was told they didn't have Goldschlager which is not in the drink.Special Features:
- Wonderful place tucked inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Wonderful place tucked in downtown Fond du Lac. Service is second to none, food is superb. Lots of wines to choose from & excellent selection of liquor or beer too.Special Features:
- Decor of rest very outdated.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2012Decor of rest very outdated. Staff on lower end of professional. Food was very bland and salty. For cost of items not worth it.
- Good food...outdated decorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012First time dining there...will definitely go back. I will skip the dessert next time though...the cheesecake was a bit dry but the plate was decorated beautifully. I had asked if they do anything for birthdays and our server said yes and that she could decorate a piece of cake. She never mentioned it was an additional charge (I guess I've really only gone to restaurants for birthdays where they give you a free small dessert...no big deal but just a little surprised when we got the bill). I think the restaurant could use a little updating...the ceiling has damage and holes, the walls are scraped up where the chairs hit them. They have modern light fixtures and fans but the old wooden chairs, high chair rail, and wallpaper don't match.Special Features:
- All eight of our party thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012All eight of our party thought the good was great. The menu was unique and the wait staff wonderful.Special Features:
- Not up To Open Table's StandardsIAV8VIPDined on 7/21/2012Theos is the only restaurant listed on Open Table in Fond du Lac, WI, so I had high hopes that it would stand out from others in that city. Regretfully, there's nothing special to say good or bad about this place.
- Expensive for this area andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012Expensive for this area and a very limited menu with only three fish selections. Used to be a good place to go until they screwed up the menu so bad.
- Theo's is our favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2012Theo's is our favorite place to go for a special occasion. We do not get the opportunity to get a sitter and go out much so we like to make the most of it when we do and Theo's is the place!Special Features:
- Normally good here on FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2012Normally good here on Friday evenings, this time we went on a Saturday. This is twice now we've noticed a difference in the overall quality of the food. Friday's seems to be the day of choice.Special Features:
- Love the food. Dislike theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Love the food. Dislike the white paper table coveringSpecial Features:
- Ordered the NY Strip, it wasJCarlsDined on 6/6/2012Ordered the NY Strip, it was just ok. My friend ordered the Filet Oscar and it was fantastic. All in all, a great dining experience. Was just in town for the evening, but seemed to be the best restaurant in Fond Du Lac.Special Features:
- Food and service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Food and service was outstanding. At first the prices seemed high for this area, but the quality of the steaks justified the price. Three of us had the tenderloin and agreed it was one of the best we have had, rivaling the Capital Grill in Milwaukee. Two others had the bone in rib eye that was also claimed to be one of the best they had eaten - tender and moist. I had a special need that the chef was terific at accomodating. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Food was very good. I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2012Food was very good. I was disappointed that they did not have Ahi Tuna which was my first choice, so I ordered a filet instead. The filet was very good. The pot stickers were excellent as well!
- We had a very nice table atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012We had a very nice table at the window. Our waitress was very attentive. Never were we rushed. The menu selections were as good as we have seen in larger cities. Every items we selected was fresh and fabulous.Special Features:
- Sat there for twenty minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Sat there for twenty minutes ended up walking out because no waitors served us well the mext table got served very poor fine dininh.
- The food and service was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012The food and service was great. The piano added to the setting in a nice way. A very nice place for the right occasion.Special Features:
- Had a great St Patty's DayWOWZADined on 3/17/2012Had a great St Patty's Day meal of corned beef and cabbage! Outstanding! We had a function to go to and got in and out fast!Special Features:
- Theo's is a reliable placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Theo's is a reliable place to get very good, well prepared food. However, 7:00 Open Table reservations turned into an 8:30 seating. This is consistent if you arrive after 6:30. A good trick is to eat at the bar if you are hungry. The chef is excellent and you can't beat the food in Fond du Lac. If they could just get their act together on running the front of the house. Where are you, Gordon Ramsey, you would have a field day at Theo's!Special Features:
- The food is always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012The food is always great! There is no other place with food like this in Fond du Lac.Special Features:
- Definitely the best restaurantHazelviennaDined on 2/17/2012Definitely the best restaurant in Fond du Lac! We have tried all of them. The service was super friendly.Special Features:
- Took my wife here for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012Took my wife here for Valentine's Day. We had a wonderful meal. Our waitress was new, and was learning a few things, but that didn't really prevent us from enjoying a real nice dining experience.Special Features:
- I went to Theo's for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I went to Theo's for the first time this Valentine's Day. They were very busy, yet we received great service and the food didn't take long at all. The food was amazing as well!Special Features:
- Medium quality steaks withOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/10/2012Medium quality steaks with high prices. Service was pleasant.
- Good food, awful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012I have been to Theos several times before and this was the worst experience I have had. We got there at 6 for a reservation at 6:30. The hostess refused to even acknowledge I was standing at the podium for 5 minutes and the bartender had to come and write our name down. We finally got seated at 7pm (only having 1 drink a piece in that hour because the bar was completely overloaded) and didn't get our appetizer until 7:20. Our appetizer was completely gone before we finally managed to flag our waitress down and tell her that we still hadn't ordered yet. Our food got to our table about 8:10. We left by 8:30 and I don't think we'll be going back any time soon. It was our friends' first time there and I was embarrassed about bringing them.