The Yellow Porch
734 Thompson Lane
Nashville, TN 37214Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Yellow Porch
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theyellowporch.com/
- Phone: 6153860260
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Corey Griffith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from The Yellow Porch
The vegetable garden in front of The Yellow Porch assures you that a fresh, tantalizing menu awaits inside. The cozy and intimate dining room is a great place for a power lunch or romantic dinner: the charming outdoor patio area with surrounding greenery offers a refreshing dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Yellow Porch - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
The Yellow Porch reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (65)special occasion (44)great for outdoor dining (41)romantic (35)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (14)good for groups (12)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing FoodRunnergirlDined on 9/13/2014We've been here a few times and have never been disappointed. The food is artfully prepared and always delicious. We shared a vegetarian antipasti appetizer, which was quite good -- entrees included a salmon/bok choy combination, paella and a veggie lasagna -- everything was excellent. The coconut cream pie was also fabulous. Wine and cocktails are a little pricey, but that seems to be the norm these days. Minor flaw -- our female server was competent but not very personable. A sincere smile can go a long way - we all said the same thing on the way to the car: she could have been a little friendlier.Special Features:
- DelightfuleeeeatsDined on 9/12/2014Great atmosphere and wonderful specials. The gnocchi appetizer and carrot cake dessert were both phenomenal!Special Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I wish I could remember the servers name, He was excellent. A brain is a terrible thing to loose. Long dark hair, maybe an earring, went on Tues. night 7:30 Sept. 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is ExcellentCoyoteOneDined on 9/2/2014Server was not very solicitous. We might as well have had a robot. This never happens at lunch, but at dinner, you would think service would be at least as good as lunch. Not this time.Special Features:
- Entertaining at The Yellow PorchLightkeeperVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Yellow Porch is a favorite of mine for dine out with another couple. Although the noise level is indeed "energetic", it is still quiet enough to be heard without hearing conversation at other tables. A plus that is missing from most restaurants is that when you have finished your meal, the waitstaff gets you your bill and processes it immediately while continuing to check on your table for coffee refills. This allows you to decide when to leave the restaurant, an attribute that I consider to be valuable.Special Features:
- New Favorite SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I have been to Yellow Porch three times in the last 2 months. It is amazing! I have tried different things all 3 visits and everything has been terrific. Everyone in my party has said the same. Good for a date night or night out with friends. Location isn't the best but they make up for it with the ambiance inside. Service could be way better for a restaurant like this but overall great experience.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!!CBGMDined on 8/29/2014The food was great! Our waiter, Matio was outstanding!! Knowledgable and courteous with a great attitude!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mussels in towntupelogranDined on 8/28/2014To get our Mussels fix we always call the Yellow Porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't dissapointedJeffDined on 8/25/2014Have always wanted to dine here, and finally got the chance. Very good service, and ambiance. Entree was amazing. Our server, Todd, was very friendly and attentive. Will be coming back again, soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as always!leslie2754Dined on 8/23/2014Love this place! Food is fabulous, and service is amazing. Love the wine list! AD is such an awesome bartender and server. My 10 year old daughter enjoyed it as well! It may not be good for younger kids who need a "kids' menu," but for older kids who are accustomed to eating at nice restaurants, it's really enjoyable. Since we were celebrating my daughter's birthday, we tried a couple of desserts, and they were both amazing. We had a great time! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Menu CreationsLarryVIPDined on 8/22/2014All menu creations have a southern twist prepared from fine fresh ingredients and presented artistically. From the first to the last bite they are savored with frequent complements to the chef in between bites. And all at a fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinnerwwwendysueDined on 8/20/2014Even during restaurant week they stay true to what they do, great food and excellent service. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Missy687VIPDined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed a memorable Halibut feature that I could eat again & again. Every course was wonderful! Our server was professional, but fun. Our entire party had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SolidDisappointedDined on 8/9/2014This is one of those restaurants that is consistent with menu items and menu quality. A good staple to have in the dining mix.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This was one of the best meals I've had in Nashville - and I live here! The filet was awesome! Other people in my group loved their meals, as well, but I can't recall what they ordered. Our wine was awesome too! Our server was attentive and friendly. Overall, it was a great experience and I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!PerfectionDined on 8/8/2014Yellow Porch is great. From the service to the food, always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why order dinner?ConcertboundDined on 8/5/2014With appetizers as good as The Yellow Porch offer, I always end up wishing I had just ordered more appetizers! The salads are delicious as well....and dinners were good. But once you've enjoyed the fine appetizers--and a salad, who needs dinner?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodSergio5360Dined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is consistent and has never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFredDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed a great experience at YP. Food was really great-creative and tasty. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Glad we went!Special Features:
- One of my favorite spots!AllyoopDined on 7/19/2014I always enjoy coming to this little hidden place. The vibe is always so great, the food delicious, the service perfect. I'm never disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okLaurenMDined on 7/15/2014I'm a little disappointed in the Yellow Porch--despite the mixed reviews, I wanted to give it a try. The salmon was just ok--not exactly hot, and just average. The sides, which I believe were couscous and bok choy, were both very bland and also room temperature. We had a very nice server, but we left feeling dissatisfied having paid $88 for two just ok meals, one glass of wine, two beers, and carrot cake.
- Nice Waiter - Slow ServiceKiKiKatDined on 7/14/2014The food was good. Everyone was very nice. The waiter was "over-busy". The waiter was very nice and helpful with wine & food selections, but the service was extremely slow. Took forever to get our meal. Have always enjoyed this restaurant and would go again sometime, but was disappointed in the waiting time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "go to" dinner spotAnonymousDined on 7/12/2014Yellow Porch is our "go to" dinner spot for date nights. The food and service are always superb.Special Features:
- Great menu and quality!Lift615VIPDined on 7/11/2014Love the quality of the ingredients, creative menu, and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and deliciousBeachgirl69Dined on 7/7/2014I surprised my husband with a dinner at Yellow Porch for his birthday. The staff gave us exactly what I had hoped for...a cozy table, excellent service, and a superb meal. It was definitely a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite places to eatdeanshortlandDined on 7/3/2014This is the third time I have been to the Yellow Porch and I always have an exceptional meal and dining experience. Their Paella is something everyone must try.Special Features:
- Good food, rude waiter, bad parkingTaraDined on 7/2/2014A person just shouldn't have to work so hard to have a good dinner. The food is excellent, really. I've had lunch there many times and it's been outstanding, but I went there for dinner, and the parking lot was full, which meant parking around the corner and walking up Thompson Lane next to oncoming traffic with no sidewalk. Not safe. The place was busy, but my friend was already waiting at our table. Water was there, but it was another ten minutes before the waiter could come get our drinks and when I said I was ready to order, the huffy response was "Well, I'M not ready." Kind of put a damper on the whole evening. Nashvillians are getting spoiled - there are too many good places to eat here to put up with that.
- Good FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/20141st time visitors. My wife and I were joined for dinner by a couple / friends from out of town and we had a Saturday evening seating. Appetizers and entrees were very good and we were pleased. We will recommend this restaurant. Service was below average and we felt rushed. The waiter - instead of introducing himself / welcoming us to TYP/ and asking us for drinks he instead asked us "What was our Plan" - rude approach - we felt rushed to get our orders in and once that occurred drinks were empty for some time and his attention towards our table went down. Recommend getting reservations; hard to locate this establishment but once you do - the food is excellent;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy yet easyNashvilleDined on 6/26/2014Yellow Porch has an amazing menu as well as a great wine list. We needed some gluten free options and the server was very knowledgeable and shared easily and completely. I had the pork and my girlfriend had the salmon. We both enjoyed the patio area and the quiet conversation on our Thursday evening dinner to celebrate life and happiness. It was a wonderful evening from start to end!!Special Features:
- SurpriseHungryDined on 6/26/2014We ordered the antipasti plate and were pleasantly surprised by the variety and amount of food. Unlike many places we did not need to order more bread; the portions were oerfect. Also had the cheese fritters and these were excellent. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing, i.i, he did not keep interrupting us to ask if everything was OK. Wine list was excellent and by the glass prices were fair.Special Features:
- Just okaygzimmerDined on 6/21/2014We came here for a dinner with a couple. Ordered the celery blue cheese soup, crab cakes, veggie lasagna and a bottle of pinot. All were average. I will say that the bread seemed stale and that the lasagna was under seasoned. Not my favorite.Special Features:
- My favorite close-by restaurantBK713Dined on 6/20/2014My wife and I love this place. We met friends here from out of town who originally wanted to go to one of the new trendy restaurants with the catchy one-syllable names that make the national newspapers, and talked them out of it, and we were all please we did. The service level was just right, the wine choices great, the food memorable. Best of all, the noise level is moderate and you can hear the person next to you talking. The Yellow Porch is consistently good.Special Features:
- Most excellent!IeatndrinkDined on 6/16/2014An absolute quality meal. Excellent food, good wine list, very good service too! All aspects of our dining experience were way above average. I am a foodie with a background in the wine and restaurant industry. I can and will be critical if need be. This experience exceeded expectations. I will recommend The Yellow Porch to others!Special Features:
- Unique DiningHookshot35Dined on 6/11/2014This restaurant has a unique take on dishes. The food tastes good and fresh. The service is normally good. The desserts have been the disappointment of the night the last two visits. The strawberry shortcake just wasn't all that good. The biscuits should have been soaked in the strawberry juice to give more flavor and cut the dryness. The fish dishes while very good have been served cool on our last 2 visits.Special Features:
- Old favoriteShatzDined on 6/5/2014Hadn't been to Yellow Porch for a while and it was a welcome return. Food was great as expected, service was slow at first, but picked up and attentive. My most favorite part was reconnecting with the bartender from Taste (my favorite Nashville hangout, now gone) works at YP! He has the right touch with drinks, customers and conversation - although he was not our waiter that evening. I'll go back just for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spotTNnative83Dined on 5/31/2014I had been wanting to try this place for a while! I loved it and thought the food was amazing.Special Features:
- wonderful local restaurantGrandmamaVIPDined on 5/27/2014We enjoy eating here frequently. There a few good restaurants in this area. I have never had a bad meal at the Yellow Porch.Special Features:
- Great date night!KaylaDined on 5/21/2014When we arrived we were promptly seated and given a more private table as requested. The server brought us water and there were many wonderful wine options. We both received our food in a reasonable time. The bread was very good in a olive oil sauce. We got the Penee pasta and a Greek salad and both were amazing! The tomatoes were especially fresh and went well in the pasta. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the The Yellow Porch reviews archive.
- Celebrating 3 Awesome Friends...YAY1Dined on 5/16/2014our friday evening Yellow Porch dinner was PERFECT!! our server Christophina could have written the book on the proper way to be a server...not too much- not too little -JUST RIGHT!! He suggested delicious options for apps and also for our entrees! His instinct to appear at the table at the right time was amazing!! Thanks for making our Friday Friendship Dining experience so wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/16/2014Good restaurant in every way.....service,food,ambiance. No happy hour and house wine is a bit pricey. Nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.