The Yardley Grille
1010 Reading Ave.
Yardley, PA 19067Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Yardley Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yardleygrille.com/
- Phone: 2154934531x118
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Yardley Grille
Here, at The Yardley Grille, patrons enjoy an affordable menu, a casual elegant atmosphere, with the beautiful sweeping view of historic Yardley Country Club as the backdrop for your culinary experience. Members and guests alike regard the dining experience of the restaurant as a hidden gem in Bucks County. Regardless of your culinary preference – steaks, chops, or seafood – we invite you to enjoy a relaxing drink, savor our menu and entertain a gathering of friends. Our warm, attentive service staff will ensure the evening is relaxed and memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Yardley Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lax Restaurant ManagementDisappointedDined on 11/15/2013First called restaurant number to hear recording that as of 10/31/13, the restaurant now open three nights only, one of which was Friday. Then placed reservation for four at 7pm-Fri 11/15/13 through Open Table. Received confirmation that reservation was accepted. Arrived at restaurant that is located on second floor of clubhouse. Walked up to second floor. Dead quiet and dark. How could this be after hearing earlier announcement and receiving confirmation. And I had others in my party for which it was their first time at The Yardley Grille, after hearing me rave about the place from last visit. Total embarassment for me. Comments from members of my party ranged from "This is rediculous." to "We'll never come back here again."
- The service was awful exceptMADEDined on 10/12/2013The service was awful except for the bus person who was excellent. The food was a joke. The menu was a joke. I was very disappointed to bring my husband and family for this birthday and experience this poor showing. This is not the Yardley Grill we knew.Special Features:
- Yardley's landmark -ewonderVIPDined on 8/26/2013The view is superb but the food and service are even better. Year after year the Yardley Inn manages to stay fresh and innovative. Inviting, warm atmosphere with hospitable service differentiates this locale from the rest. If you happen to be from out of town you will be treated like a local regular (of which there are many). Always exceeds expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Foodlchevy45Dined on 8/10/2013My husband and I found this place through Living Social. We got there very late around 8:30 so it wasn't busy. I was surprised how reasonably priced the meals were and they include soup or salad. I ordered the steak and my husband had the special which was Cod. I ordered my steak well done. It came out medium rare. Unfortunately I had to send mine back. My husband was done his dinner by the time it came back. It was cooked perfectly the second time unfortunately it had a cream sauce on it and the sauce had broken down. They gave my husband a free dessert to eat while I was eating. Except for the steak cooked wrong the first time, the meal was delicious. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very good.handymanDined on 8/10/2013The service was very good. The crab cakes had large pieces of crab meat inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2013Food was very good and the service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Lunch overlooking the linksshouldbeaicriticDined on 8/7/2013We bought a Living Social Deal for the Yardley Grill a couple months ago. Our food was very good, there were only a few other tables filled, so the one server was sufficient, and the view was lovely. My husband had the modified Reuben - very good, very messy - with fried pickles, and I had the Fish & Chips - small fish, very many fries. We will return, probably with friends. My only concern was that I called three times to reserve, and find out if it was wheelchair accessible, and no one returned my calls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommended.GreatFoodFanDined on 8/3/2013The Yardley Grille doesn't look like much as far as decor goes. But the great food and service makes up for it. There is a very nice golf course view, but the dining room is a little dated. Their prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Shellfish nightHighZDined on 7/31/2013Great mussels and crab legs. Reasonable price. Key lime pie was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreFoodie247Dined on 7/30/2013I ordered the filet. It tasted old and chewy. The calamari was decent, but not great.
- Same old, same oldkarhanDined on 7/13/2013Owners and management have changed. Expected an upgrade. All was the same. My food was very heavy. The thickest cream sauce I have ever had – chicken and artichokes. Portion was large.
- Little -Known Neighborhood PlaceDianahwDined on 6/29/2013The pluses of The Yardley Grill are the view of the golf course through large windows, it was not crowded and the noise level was low The food was good, but the scallops were very salty . The servers were college age kids, so not perfect. My husbands drink was never picked up at the bar so he went in for it himself. The server did not wait for him to finish his appetizer before bringing the entrees. Nothing a little training couldn't fix. The prices are good. The menu had many nice items with variety to suit anyone. My only comment is that there were no non- seafood appetizers, as with many restaurants. The salad came with the meal. We will go back again. We made a reservation and did NOT have to wait for a table.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful mealMadonnaDined on 6/26/2013There was a party of four of us. We all enjoyed our meals very much. Two had salmon and it was done perfect. They said it was one of the best they ever had . One of us had the Seafood Night Special, he had Mahi Mahi and said it was fantasic. Three of us had the Lobster bisque and it was delicious, full of lobster meat. I had a sirlion steak in brandy sauce with peppercorns and enjoyed it very much. I also had the French onion soup, which i found a little to salty for my taste. The atmosphere was quiet with a secenic view of the golf course. The service was excellent and very friendly. We look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent lunchNettoVIPDined on 6/20/2013Enjoyed both the Reuben and crab cake entrees for lunch. The side salad was also large enough to share - fresh and tasty. Wait staff was attentive - view of the golf course beautiful. On a weekday, go early for lunch (noon) and the atmosphere may be quiet and romantic. Go an hour later with the kids. Prices for lunch are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Everything but the food.TCXRyNoDined on 6/15/2013Everything here was great, except for the food. The scenery is beautiful, the hostess and wait staff were prompt and friendly, the only problem was the food!
- out of foodmaytryagainDined on 6/15/20133 went there for Fathers day celeb. at 6:30 Sat. night. 2 ordered NY strip. Waitress came back in awhile and said only 1 avail.so changed 1 to salmon. Came back again in awhile and said none avail. We said we are leaving after finishing drinks and she came back said scallops we ordered as appetizer were ready and would be no charge. So we enjoyed them, then left to find a place to get strip steaks for dinner. Felt sorry for waitress and left her a tip.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2013The food and service were quite good. The ambience was 1950s institutional. Needs updating badly. It is a great location and could be spectacular with a major facelift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service accuracyLuv2returnDined on 6/14/2013We are members and they NEVER get our order correct. It has become a family joke. Always sending at least one, sometimes two meals back out of 5. So very sad, aggravating and annoying, especially because we have to eat there to satisfy the minimum.
- Diamond in the rough.GreatFoodFanDined on 6/8/2013The decor is lacking but the food and service was very good. We did have a nice table overlooking the golf course. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceLesiaDined on 6/8/2013The menu was not too long but certainly had plenty of choices for most people. I had the filet mignon, while my husband asked for special treatment of a chicken dish (to be gluten-free) - both meals came out executed per our specifications and delicious. The service was very attentive and helpful throughout. The ambiance is magnificent with a 2nd floor 180 degree view of the beautiful outdoors and golfing greens. We will definitely be back, and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib nightNantucketVisitorVIPDined on 6/5/2013The prime rib was really good, very generous Queen size portion, and it was half price night on house wines, all in all excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib nightMarmaeDined on 6/5/2013Their salads and soups are fresh and delicious, but when one orders prime rib medium rare, that definition means the meat should come out pink not brown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in YardleyTravelingdinersDined on 5/31/2013We dined with another couple on Friday night. The Yardley Grille is located at Yardley Country Club on Reading Ave. in Yardley. It's a private club but somehow the restaurant is open to the public. The dining room is beautiful with spectacular views of the golf course. We had cocktails and a special appetizer of scampi soft shelled crab. Outstanding! The entrees we chose were prepared nicely. Shrimp over linguine salmon, NY STRIP 14 oz. and the same steak served au poive. Everyone raved at the quality and portion size. We were too ful for dessert. They have a new chef who has turned the place around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blahtgill1977VIPDined on 5/17/2013Food was nasty. Overall experience was blah. It started out bad when my son wanted a window seat and they wouldn't let us sit there because it was a big table but the restaurant was not even half full. Food wasn't good. Wont ever go back.
- Lunch with friendsdaddyiDined on 5/14/2013If you enjoy good service, a scenic atmosphere and a place where you can really talk, this is it. Food is standard fare, but the chocolate mousse dessert was incredible. Overall, an enjoyable place to meet and talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered my filet well done,MortonsDined on 5/11/2013I ordered my filet well done, it was cooked medium rare. The potatoes that accompanied my meal were hard. The tables are too close together, we were able to hear every word that was spoken at the table next to us. My drink was lacking liquor, it was mostly orange juice. I am not one to send food back or complain about minor issues at the restaurant. I made due with what was served to me.Special Features:
- pleasant supriseBookstudDined on 5/11/2013All in all I was pleasantly surprised by the ambience, the view, and - with one major exception - the menu prices. With the notable exception of a ridicuoulsy overpriced filet mignon, everthing else, including the wine per glass rate, was very reasonable. I would have rated the food higher if not for the pedestrian house salad, the totally unimaginative enriched white flour rolls, and the lack of choices re vegggies and a starch. And it is hard to believe that is the best they can do for a bread basket! But I would still go back just for the pleasant change of pace experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013We had a wonderful evening and will go back. The food was excellent with a nice view of the golf course. WE appreciated that there was plenty of room and we could talk privately and be heard by each other.Special Features:
- We were happy to see the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2013We were happy to see the restaurant at Yardley CC back to normal. Our previous visit was quite disappointing because only one server was on duty, and the food took more than half an hour to arrive. The website mentions Chef Ami. We are wondering if she is the same Chef Ami who once graced the restaurant at the Institute for Advanced Studies in Princeton. In any case, it's good to know that Yardley Country Club is once again an attractive and reliable place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok food, not so ok serviceYPBLDined on 4/28/2013THe scene was open and bright overlooking the golf course. The food was average to good. But the time we went (Sunday afternoon) they apparently weren't prepared to open for lunch. They didn't have three items on the menu that we wanted to order! Maybe dinner will be better.Special Features:
- Went for lunch with two otherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2013Went for lunch with two other people. No one was at the hostess station to greet us. Looked in the dining room there were four other tables seated with only one waitress. Menu looks great but doesn't really explain what is in each entrée (not great for people with food allergies...like myself). All three of us found hidden surprises that were not listed in the description of the meal. Service with only one waitress was surprisingly not as slow as we would have thought. The waitress was really nice and attentive. A little disappointed in the dessert selection. This is place for people that are not in a rush.Special Features:
- I ordered filet mignon whichJimSalDined on 4/24/2013I ordered filet mignon which was tough and tasteless, more like round steak or stew meat. It was cooked perfectly so it wasn't the chef's fault. Bleu cheese salad dressing was watery, the color of thousand island dressing with a few specs of bleu cheese, tasteless. Shrimp cocktail had a dollop of cocktail sauce at the bottom of the dish, more like a garnish, couldn't get any onto the shrimp, the waitress gave us additional sauce and, you guessed it, tasteless. First time that's happened in over 50 years of having shrimp cocktail. I'm not a food snob and I'm probably the least fussy eater you'll ever meet, but this was a bad meal.
- Far below average food quality,funfoodieDined on 4/18/2013Far below average food quality, poor table service, servers could not pronounce the dishes on the menu, they played a radio talk show over the speakers instead of music, and the appearance of the restaurant was very dreary.
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2013The food was excellent and the portions were huge! Everyone was so nice And the Chef even came out to greet the tables.Special Features:
- Beautiful views!MarmaeDined on 4/16/2013Since the new chef has taken over the food is very consistent and well priced. It's quiet and one of the few places where you can have a conversation with others at your table, and the wait staff is always pleasant. They do need to redecorate. The carpeting is perfectly ugly. They need a woman's advice!Special Features:
- This week for NRF we traveledOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013This week for NRF we traveled to Yardley PA again. We went to the Yardley Grill which is located on the second floor or the Yardley Country Club Clubhouse. We got a window table by the first Tee box but unfortunately it was raining so we didn't get to see any golfers. The good part of the rain meant that the dining room was empty. I ordered the shrimp Gumbo soup. It was nice and spicy with shrimp, chicken and sausage. For our entrees we both ordered the turkey club sandwich. I got the side of sweet potatoes and Linda got the onion rings. The clubs were large. You could not get the whole sandwich in your mouth for the first couple bits. The turkey was a lunch meat turkey but it was good. My sweet potatoes were OK but Linda's onion rings wereSpecial Features:
- The chef is right on par at YCC!MarmaeDined on 4/4/2013It was fish night, and everyone at our table had a different choice. They were all perfectly cooked and delicious. And the desserts and house Pino Griggio were well done too.Special Features:
- Lobster Night was terrific.Luv2returnDined on 3/29/2013Lobster Night was terrific. Great food, and a lot of it...!Special Features:
- It was a busy night and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013It was a busy night and the waitress was overwhelmed she had to cover to many tables,there needs to be more staff on busy nights .
- A DISAPPOINTING END OF WEEK DINNER!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/22/2013STAY AWAY!! A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!! Went on Friday evening for "ALL YOU CAN EAT SHELLFISH". Upon arrival dining room was half full. We ordered steamed oysters, steamed clams & crab legs. After a 35 min wait, and apologies from the waiter, our food arrived dry & overcooked!! We then thought we'd try the crabcake, soft shell crabs & mussels - figuring we'd order all at once! After @ 40 min wait, our waiter informed us that these had been "deep 6'd" & no longer available. Others were also hearing the same & angrily left! We did too! Waiter to do his best. Told us that the kitchen was "overwhelmed" & under-ordered seafood as they didn't such "a crowd"!! THEY WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FUTURE CROWDS IF THIS KEEP HAPPENING!!!!Special Features: