The Wooden Table
2500 E. Orchard Rd
Greenwood Village, CO 80121Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Wooden Table
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thewoodentablerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3037302152x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brett Shaheen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are delighted to offer a custom off site catering experience for our guests! Please call Jane Knauf for more information.
- Special Events: The Wooden Table would love to host your private events, rehearsal dinners, wine dinners and more.
A word from The Wooden Table
Is it possible to create an establishment with the vibrancy and excitement of a downtown eatery in a suburb of Denver? The answer is yes, and the proof can be found in the new restaurant, The Wooden Table. Nestled in the Greenwood Village neighborhood just a few miles south of metropolitan Denver, The Wooden Table offers a neighborhood family Italian restaurant with the ambiance and feel of a downtown bistro. We boast a dynamic menu offering fresh, local ingredients that change with the season. Each dish is lovingly prepared and cooked to perfection. Add to that our outstanding and friendly service and you have the makings of an exceptional culinary experience. The Wooden Table…simple dining at its finest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
The Wooden Table - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
The Wooden Table reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (157)fit for foodies (149)special occasion (115)romantic (68)notable wine list (49)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (26)good for groups (18)hot spot (15)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Bad to GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating my best friend's birthday and we were excited to finally try out The Wooden Table. Boy, were we deflated when we met our server. She was less than enthusiastic....even grumpy. (She rolled her eyes when we asked her to snap one picture of us.) 3-4 more encounters with her prompted me to speak to the maitre d'. He was swift and decisive in assuring us a memorable experience. He removed her from serving us and replaced her with the most delightful and attentive waiter we've had in a very long time. We had such a nice evening from then on. The food was delicious and our evening was saved. We've got reservations again this coming weekend, and we are very much looking forward to another pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, comfortable, intimate placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014It was our first visit. It was nice to be a place that was small and not too loud. The food was very good and the service was great. It would be a perfect place for a celebration, they can accommodate large (10-12) groups and you could still have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYyummyDined on 10/17/2014Wonderful food!!! The Veal Osso Bucco was so tender that it didn't require a knife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysDaveVIPDined on 10/16/2014We always enjoy our visits to the WT. The food is well-prepared, generous, rich, and tasty; the cocktails are lovely; the wine list very good; the overall experience always excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014I am never disappointed by a meal at this suburban restaurant. Lovely presentation. All the salads, pasta, and main dishes we have tried have been a taste treat plus a creative combinations of flavors. It is an enjoyable place for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Food and wine are delicious. Excellent customer service from Jordan, to Juanita to............. Our friends experienced their first visit with us and they also spoke highly of all of you!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysDisappointedDined on 10/11/2014Took our daughter from Lincoln and she loved it! We had the mussels and allhad pasta. Hard to beat this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiniDined on 10/7/2014food was excellent. everyone at the table concurred. service was excellent as well, though we waited quite a long time for our entree which is why I rated only 3 stars instead of 4 stars. would go there again and recommend to others.
- temujinDined on 10/6/2014nice place. Food is too heavily loaded with cheese. Dishes would taste better with a little less cheese!Special Features:
- Absolutely Superb. Recommended.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014The Wooden Table delivers on all levels, exceptionally friendly wait staff, highly knowledgeable head waiter, excellent, deep wine list, astonishing food. Yes, astonishing. I've eaten at restaurants all over the world for business travel and vacation in Europe, U.S. I've had some the best food available, and The Wooden Table is right in that group. Don't hesitate, go and have a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Food!MomMomMomtoboysDined on 10/4/2014We went with a couple of friends for a night out. We had the prawns and gnocchi as the appetizer...loved the gnocchi, it came in a divine cream sauce. Three of us ordered the beef and the fourth ordered the duck as the main dish. I loved my selection - the beef, it was cooked just right and melted in my mouth. For desert we ordered the molten chocolate cake, it was good, but I think when I go back I will try their apple desert or the tres leches cake. Nice little place, it doesn't feel stuffy or pretentious. Although you shouldn't go in your flip flops and shorts, and yet it isn't the type of place that you have to wear your Sunday's best. We chose to wear jeans, while others that came were a bit more dressed up. Great overall place!Special Features:
- AwesomeJananVIPDined on 10/1/2014Wooden Table is constantly an out standing restaurant. The food is excellent and the service is always the best..Special Features:
- KateDined on 10/1/2014it is always a pleasure to take friends to the Wooden Table. The menu choices are interesting and different enough for the experience to be unique, and the food is always delicious. The waiters are knowledgeable about the wines and are able to help with wine choices to be paired with the food choices. It is a friendly place, with a few interesting twists for diners. The space is fairly small, but laid out well so you do not feel packed in. During nice weather, it is quite enjoyable on the patio, and I found this outdoor dining spot very romantic the first time my husband and I ate at the Wooden Table. We continue to take friends/family there for dinner, when time permits, and are always treated in a warmly welcoming manner by the staff.Special Features:
- ConsistentlindsathVIPDined on 9/30/2014You will always get a great and taste meal, with quality service, I like that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service, But....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014The food and the service were great, but we did have a few dings. My wife and I went with my mother and one of her friends at her suggestion. They had a very nice menu and we all tried something different. For starters we had the Sweetbreads and the Arancini. Both were fantastic. I had the Pappardelle and my wife ordered the Snapper they both tasted good but were a little salty. My mom and her friend had the Scallops and the Steak and they said it was terrific. One negative is that inside is VERY LOUD! When the restaurant is full you can hardly hear anyone speak unless they raise their voice. If it is nice out you would be better off outside. Another suggestion is bring a flashlight to read the menu. Way to dark.Special Features:
- SCRUMPTIOUS !!yaya12Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent & affordable food ... fun cocktail menu ... perfect serviceSpecial Features:
- Food was good. Staff are friendly.Luv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Good food. Friendly staff. But I would like the service to be a little faster. It took 2 hours to complete a 3 course dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected find!AnnaturnerDined on 9/26/2014This is a downtown quality restaurant in a suburban strip mall. The interior is done beautifully the service is impeccable and the food outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The food was okay to good but not wonderful and slightly overpriced. the waitress was slightly rude and impatient. being in a strip mall the view is of a parking lot and the noise level was moderate to high. we had reservations but were told we could not have the corner table that we would have liked.. our experience was fair to good but some in our party will not go back. i would give it a second try.Special Features:
- Very good foodintomysticDined on 9/22/2014I love the Wooden Table. Well prepared, original menu.Special Features:
- Really a great meal!OksanaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Service was attentive, food was delicious, dessert out of this world! This is a very pricey restaurant for a suburban find, but everything did taste wonderful. Not sure what the negative service and space reviews are about, our service was perfection and the spacing very comparable to other restaurants.Special Features:
- Wooden Table ShinesjimbobDined on 9/19/2014This is the third time we have been to the Wooden Table and the Second Time we have taken guests who enjoyed their wonderful dinning experience. The food was outstanding, presented well, and served perfectly. The service is always good with nothing overlooked. If there was any change I would make would be to offer a smaller and more reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:
- Food for the Mood!Mike9000ftDined on 9/18/2014Our first visit, and it was incredible! Great food, menu, wine list, service and restaurant staff! Actually, the food was beyond excellent, it even blew away the foodies we brought with us.Special Features:
- DiversityDiversityDined on 9/17/2014The service was okay.... Not very warm. It was more of a neighborhood restaurant. Not a diverse setting.Special Features:
- see belowGoPiosDined on 9/12/2014Had the scallops they were on the dry side. Restaurant is always noisy and difficult to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodie78Dined on 9/10/2014Service was great. We went on a Wednesday and the restaurant was packed, a little to noisy for me. Food was good, mussels were awesome, the beef was very tender with great flavor. Gnocchi was ok, wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/8/2014The food was wonderful. The service was terrible! Our server was also the bartender and seemed to enjoy bartending more! Slow wasn't even the word for service, it was painful! It took 1.5 hours to get our entrees, and that was after we asked him to speed up our service. It took 45 minuts to get our salad. He then decided that he would avoid us which made it even worse. We had to ask other servers for things. We would not visit again which is too bad because the food was wonderful.
- Great neighborhood find!DontgetoutmuchDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed our first experience at The Wooden Table after hearing good reviews from friends. Limited menu but delicious selections. Red Snapper over cold potato salad was a surprise combination and very good. Tortellini was delicious also. Moana was an attentive server, friendly but not hovering. We went there on the first Bronco Sunday of the season so there were several empty tables but the service did not suffer. Glad we went!!Special Features:
- Food too saltyJoAnnLDined on 9/6/2014We were promptly greeted when we arrived and shown to our table (we had reservations). Staff were nice and knowledgeable. We each started with a Prosciutto di Parma salad. It was very good. For my entree, I chose the Ricotta Cavatelli (which was highly recommended by our server). I found my entree very rich AND WAY TOO SALTY. I could not finish it. We finished with a Blueberry and Mascarpone Crespella for dessert. It was described as being a crepe BUT is was so dense. Flavorful but too heavy. The noise level in the restaurant was on the high side. It was hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPyriteDined on 9/6/2014All the food from the appetizer's to entree's to the dessert were great. Tables were close together but not too bad. Service was excellent!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The food was great, the space is tight, a little noisy (due to small space and tables are very close together) and on the pricey side - but the food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJananVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have had the pleasure of Dining at the Wooden Table many times. It continues to be an outstanding experience. Our server was great! The entire staff is attentive and friendly. You are always greeted warmly. The bartender is awesome, he is so much fun, even eating the bar is great experience. So nice to have a restaurant that is consistent in the quality of food as well as the qua Ity of their staff. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood FindBp72Dined on 9/5/2014We used a dining coupon from Travel Zoo to try this restaurant, located only a few blocks from our house. The salads were very tasty and the entrees cooked perfectly. I indulged in a few cocktails, seeing as I could walk home, and they were very nicely prepared and inventive without being over the top with odd ingredients. Our service was a little on the slow side, which left me to eat dessert alone while my husband left to pick up one of our kids, but it was a very delicious molten chocolate cake with a mint ice cream scoop that I didn't have to share so I wasn't too bothered. Our server also forgot to subtract the coupon from the bill initially, but took care of that quickly. She was very nice, just overwhelmed I think, so we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2014Fantastic food & service! From start to finish an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencejimbobDined on 9/3/2014If you want great choices and food that is prepared and presenting that is outstanding then dine at the Wooden Table. The quality of the food, we had duck, lamb, scallops, and the cheese ravioli as main courses were all outstanding and cooked to perfection with innovative accompaniments. Appetizers included the fennel salad with dates, parpadella bolognese, etc. The service we received from Jordan was wonderful. Will return again, without question.Special Features:
- KlausGVIPDined on 9/3/2014$7.00 for a bottle of beer - give me a break - this is not the Ritz Carlton. Food was good - but way again overpriced.
- Wooden table experienceDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014The food and service at the Wooden Table were outstanding. But, as the evening wore on, the noise level got to the point that I could not hear my friend without leaning way in. In addition, the grey print and low lighting made it impossible for my husband to read the menu. Also, the next table was so close, I felt as if I was eating with those two ladies as well as my party. In the beginning we were told our birthday celebrating friend would receive a special cake, but that never happened. It is too bad that these ambience items cannot be reconciled because the food and service are really too-notch.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceMrsbruDined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing; however our server was not attentive. We had to wait over an hour to get our dessert and our check. At the end of the night, our server was nowhere to be found. Also, we couldn’t get cappuccino because the machine was broken, and we couldn't get Sambuca because they didn’t carry it. Those are two major Italian staples for a great dinner. I would not recommend The Wooden Table, nor would I eat there again.Special Features:
- Loveland DinerLoveland80537Dined on 8/29/2014Restaurant Week--the menu was poorly planned--carb heavy. The choices were meager. The shining star was the appetizer (angelotti).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSpudsMageeVIPDined on 8/27/2014Juanita is a fantastic waitress, I will request her next time when we dine at Wooden Table. The food is always good here. I had the pappardelle pasta and I wanted to eat through the bottom of the bowl. So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.