The Wooden Table
2500 E. Orchard Rd
Greenwood Village, CO 80121Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Wooden Table
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thewoodentablerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (303) 730-2152
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brett Shaheen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are delighted to offer a custom off site catering experience for our guests! Please call Jane Knauf for more information.
- Special Events: The Wooden Table would love to host your private events, rehearsal dinners, wine dinners and more.
A word from The Wooden Table
Is it possible to create an establishment with the vibrancy and excitement of a downtown eatery in a suburb of Denver? The answer is yes, and the proof can be found in the new restaurant, The Wooden Table. Nestled in the Greenwood Village neighborhood just a few miles south of metropolitan Denver, The Wooden Table offers a neighborhood family Italian restaurant with the ambiance and feel of a downtown bistro. We boast a dynamic menu offering fresh, local ingredients that change with the season. Each dish is lovingly prepared and cooked to perfection. Add to that our outstanding and friendly service and you have the makings of an exceptional culinary experience. The Wooden Table…simple dining at its finest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
The Wooden Table - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
The Wooden Table reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (152)neighborhood gem (148)special occasion (110)romantic (67)notable wine list (61)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (24)great for lunch (22)hot spot (17)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- What a surprise!SamCDined on 11/15/2014I had been wanting to check out this restaurant for a while, had heard about it from friends. We got a group of 8 together for my birthday on a Saturday night. Unassuming from the outside, strip mall location. When we entered we were transported into a high end eatery. Greeted at the door by friendly hosts. Our table was ready, and we had wait staff on hand immediately. Everything was great, from the wine service to the food. Sweetbreads and mussels as a starter, then we were served family style and shared 3 pasta dishes. Sadly no room for dessert. Thanks so much to our server Holly, our somm Robert, and our adorable busboy Brady. It was a great experience. I can't wait to come back and look forward to impressing my friends with my new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, but loud!VicGDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food, great service. The ambience isn't great - overlooking a strip mall parking lot. And it was quite noisy - hard to hear my dinner companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful!JtravelerVIPDined on 11/14/2014From the moment you are warmly welcomed at the door it is an enjoyable experience. The food is delicious and the service is just right. The mussels appetizer is the best in town and large enough to share. On this last visit I enjoyed the Caesar salad and their lamb confit carbonara. In the past I have tried a variety of pastas and entrées, and all have been delicious. There is a wide selection of choices and you just can't go wrong. The complimentary glass of limoncello at the end of the evening is a nice touch. Another plus is the easy location with plenty of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues stellarMC30Dined on 11/13/2014WT continues to be a great and underrated neighbor restaurant. The F old is excellent, creative and reasonably priced. Every time I take someone there the response is the same....excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeisaJDined on 11/11/2014All the various dishes we had were outstanding. Roberts help with the wine list and the cocktails couldn't be beat. Service could have been a bit more attentive considering it was a $500+ dinner for a party of 6. At the end of the evening we truly thought we had been forgotten about as we were one of only two tables left. Too much time lagged between dinner and being asked again about dessert & coffee. Overall very good though.Special Features:
- hgptDined on 11/9/2014This is a return visit for us to Wooden Table and it continues to be an outstanding restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodLove4foodDined on 11/8/2014A great place if you want fine food. You can tell the chef(s) take care to provide the best ingredients.Special Features:
- TERRIBLE Service!WineMeDineMeDined on 11/1/2014My fiance and I went to The Wooden Table for a special occasion dinner later in the evening - 9pm reservations. Upon arriving our water glasses were not filled for probably close to 15 minutes, nor were we acknowledged. Once a waiter came to our table we were asked what we would like for our entrees - NOT appetizers. We ended up ordering an app and two glasses of wine. The appetizer came out BEFORE the wine got to our table and when the wine finally did come they had brought a Cabernet instead of a Chardonnay... I don't even know HOW you make that mistake they are RED and WHITE wines! All of the food was absolutely outstanding - the service was despicable.Special Features:
- Warm up the Interior, food perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Great food mid-high end pricing, wonderful variety but the interior lacks the sophistication that the menu and wine list have. Service was perfection as was the Red Snapper I had. The space is loud, and reads a little cold - need to work on softening the interior and "warm it up"Special Features:
- SandraVIPDined on 10/30/2014We moved from Cherry Creek area to Highlands Ranch area and were feeling very desolate about the lack of good restaurant options. We have now eaten at The Wooden Table a handful of times. The service is excellent, the food is extremely well prepared, interesting, with the occasional menu changes to keep one coming back. It is now our go-to place.Special Features:
- Delightful findDDDenverVIPDined on 10/30/2014We've been to the Wooden Table numerous times over the last year and couldn't be more pleased with this restaurant. The food is creative, delicious and uses high quality ingredients. The service is absolutely top notch and the manager, who was the bartender the last time we were there (a year ago!), remembered us and stopped by to see how dinner was. It's clear that everyone here is proud of what they do and it shows. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Spot OnOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Food and wine were excellent and service was great. I had noted in my OpenTable reservation that we would be celebrating our anniversary. As such, two glasses of (very nice) prosecco were brought to our table as a "congratulations". Given how busy the place is, it's obvious they didn't need to do this, but it was much appreciated. Do to its small size and deserved reputation, a table is hard to come by, but if this is the price to pay to keep the quality high, it's well worth it.Special Features:
- Very good foodthymeDined on 10/22/2014This place is actually very lovely with excellent food, although heavy on the meat. I had the one vegetarian pasta dish available and it was phenomenal! I also tried a salad, which was very good and was matched perfectly by my wine. I'd love it if they offered a few more vegetarian or seafood only (without other meats) dishes. The service was pretty good, but a bit overly practiced and somewhat rushed. Still, the staff was very friendly. The location is a bit odd, it's in a strip mall and the wall of windows looks out on the parking lot, but they have done a pretty nice job transforming the interior to make it more homey. A nice place for older people looking for a quiet night out with solid Italian food.Special Features:
- great food and serviceHiitsdiDined on 10/20/2014The salads were large, very fresh, contained the perfect amount of dressing, and served with homemade bread. I had the snapper and my partner had the beef and both choices were excellent. The wine choice offered by the server was delightful. Our server, whose name escapes me, was cheerful, informative, fun, and funny. It was a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad to GreatNanaX5Dined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating my best friend's birthday and we were excited to finally try out The Wooden Table. Boy, were we deflated when we met our server. She was less than enthusiastic....even grumpy. (She rolled her eyes when we asked her to snap one picture of us.) 3-4 more encounters with her prompted me to speak to the maitre d'. He was swift and decisive in assuring us a memorable experience. He removed her from serving us and replaced her with the most delightful and attentive waiter we've had in a very long time. We had such a nice evening from then on. The food was delicious and our evening was saved. We've got reservations again this coming weekend, and we are very much looking forward to another pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, comfortable, intimate placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014It was our first visit. It was nice to be a place that was small and not too loud. The food was very good and the service was great. It would be a perfect place for a celebration, they can accommodate large (10-12) groups and you could still have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wooden Table - Excellent!skieatplayDined on 10/18/2014We ate here for a birthday party with 5 adults and 3 kids, and it was a great night! The restaurant does not have a kids menu, but accommodated our requests to make it easy for the kids. The food was incredible.Special Features:
- YUMMYyummyDined on 10/17/2014Wonderful food!!! The Veal Osso Bucco was so tender that it didn't require a knife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysDaveVIPDined on 10/16/2014We always enjoy our visits to the WT. The food is well-prepared, generous, rich, and tasty; the cocktails are lovely; the wine list very good; the overall experience always excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014I am never disappointed by a meal at this suburban restaurant. Lovely presentation. All the salads, pasta, and main dishes we have tried have been a taste treat plus a creative combinations of flavors. It is an enjoyable place for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Food and wine are delicious. Excellent customer service from Jordan, to Juanita to............. Our friends experienced their first visit with us and they also spoke highly of all of you!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysDisappointedDined on 10/11/2014Took our daughter from Lincoln and she loved it! We had the mussels and allhad pasta. Hard to beat this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiniDined on 10/7/2014food was excellent. everyone at the table concurred. service was excellent as well, though we waited quite a long time for our entree which is why I rated only 3 stars instead of 4 stars. would go there again and recommend to others.
- temujinVIPDined on 10/6/2014nice place. Food is too heavily loaded with cheese. Dishes would taste better with a little less cheese!Special Features:
- Absolutely Superb. Recommended.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014The Wooden Table delivers on all levels, exceptionally friendly wait staff, highly knowledgeable head waiter, excellent, deep wine list, astonishing food. Yes, astonishing. I've eaten at restaurants all over the world for business travel and vacation in Europe, U.S. I've had some the best food available, and The Wooden Table is right in that group. Don't hesitate, go and have a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Food!MomMomMomtoboysDined on 10/4/2014We went with a couple of friends for a night out. We had the prawns and gnocchi as the appetizer...loved the gnocchi, it came in a divine cream sauce. Three of us ordered the beef and the fourth ordered the duck as the main dish. I loved my selection - the beef, it was cooked just right and melted in my mouth. For desert we ordered the molten chocolate cake, it was good, but I think when I go back I will try their apple desert or the tres leches cake. Nice little place, it doesn't feel stuffy or pretentious. Although you shouldn't go in your flip flops and shorts, and yet it isn't the type of place that you have to wear your Sunday's best. We chose to wear jeans, while others that came were a bit more dressed up. Great overall place!Special Features:
- AwesomeJananVIPDined on 10/1/2014Wooden Table is constantly an out standing restaurant. The food is excellent and the service is always the best..Special Features:
- KateDined on 10/1/2014it is always a pleasure to take friends to the Wooden Table. The menu choices are interesting and different enough for the experience to be unique, and the food is always delicious. The waiters are knowledgeable about the wines and are able to help with wine choices to be paired with the food choices. It is a friendly place, with a few interesting twists for diners. The space is fairly small, but laid out well so you do not feel packed in. During nice weather, it is quite enjoyable on the patio, and I found this outdoor dining spot very romantic the first time my husband and I ate at the Wooden Table. We continue to take friends/family there for dinner, when time permits, and are always treated in a warmly welcoming manner by the staff.Special Features:
- ConsistentlindsathVIPDined on 9/30/2014You will always get a great and taste meal, with quality service, I like that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service, But....OutnaboutVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food and the service were great, but we did have a few dings. My wife and I went with my mother and one of her friends at her suggestion. They had a very nice menu and we all tried something different. For starters we had the Sweetbreads and the Arancini. Both were fantastic. I had the Pappardelle and my wife ordered the Snapper they both tasted good but were a little salty. My mom and her friend had the Scallops and the Steak and they said it was terrific. One negative is that inside is VERY LOUD! When the restaurant is full you can hardly hear anyone speak unless they raise their voice. If it is nice out you would be better off outside. Another suggestion is bring a flashlight to read the menu. Way to dark.Special Features:
- SCRUMPTIOUS !!yaya12Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent & affordable food ... fun cocktail menu ... perfect serviceSpecial Features:
- Food was good. Staff are friendly.Luv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Good food. Friendly staff. But I would like the service to be a little faster. It took 2 hours to complete a 3 course dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected find!AnnaturnerDined on 9/26/2014This is a downtown quality restaurant in a suburban strip mall. The interior is done beautifully the service is impeccable and the food outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The food was okay to good but not wonderful and slightly overpriced. the waitress was slightly rude and impatient. being in a strip mall the view is of a parking lot and the noise level was moderate to high. we had reservations but were told we could not have the corner table that we would have liked.. our experience was fair to good but some in our party will not go back. i would give it a second try.Special Features:
- Very good foodintomysticDined on 9/22/2014I love the Wooden Table. Well prepared, original menu.Special Features:
- Really a great meal!OksanaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Service was attentive, food was delicious, dessert out of this world! This is a very pricey restaurant for a suburban find, but everything did taste wonderful. Not sure what the negative service and space reviews are about, our service was perfection and the spacing very comparable to other restaurants.Special Features:
- Wooden Table ShinesjimbobDined on 9/19/2014This is the third time we have been to the Wooden Table and the Second Time we have taken guests who enjoyed their wonderful dinning experience. The food was outstanding, presented well, and served perfectly. The service is always good with nothing overlooked. If there was any change I would make would be to offer a smaller and more reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:
- Food for the Mood!Mike9000ftDined on 9/18/2014Our first visit, and it was incredible! Great food, menu, wine list, service and restaurant staff! Actually, the food was beyond excellent, it even blew away the foodies we brought with us.Special Features:
- DiversityDiversityDined on 9/17/2014The service was okay.... Not very warm. It was more of a neighborhood restaurant. Not a diverse setting.Special Features:
- see belowGoPiosDined on 9/12/2014Had the scallops they were on the dry side. Restaurant is always noisy and difficult to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.