The Wooden Table
2500 E. Orchard Rd
Greenwood Village, CO 80121Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Wooden Table
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thewoodentablerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3037302152x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brett Shaheen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are delighted to offer a custom off site catering experience for our guests! Please call Jane Knauf for more information.
- Special Events: The Wooden Table would love to host your private events, rehearsal dinners, wine dinners and more.
A word from The Wooden Table
Is it possible to create an establishment with the vibrancy and excitement of a downtown eatery in a suburb of Denver? The answer is yes, and the proof can be found in the new restaurant, The Wooden Table. Nestled in the Greenwood Village neighborhood just a few miles south of metropolitan Denver, The Wooden Table offers a neighborhood family Italian restaurant with the ambiance and feel of a downtown bistro. We boast a dynamic menu offering fresh, local ingredients that change with the season. Each dish is lovingly prepared and cooked to perfection. Add to that our outstanding and friendly service and you have the makings of an exceptional culinary experience. The Wooden Table…simple dining at its finest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
The Wooden Table - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
The Wooden Table reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (170)fit for foodies (162)special occasion (121)romantic (70)notable wine list (49)great for outdoor dining (26)great for lunch (25)good for groups (21)hot spot (16)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Wooden Table ShinesjimbobDined on 9/19/2014This is the third time we have been to the Wooden Table and the Second Time we have taken guests who enjoyed their wonderful dinning experience. The food was outstanding, presented well, and served perfectly. The service is always good with nothing overlooked. If there was any change I would make would be to offer a smaller and more reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:
- Food for the Mood!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Our first visit, and it was incredible! Great food, menu, wine list, service and restaurant staff! Actually, the food was beyond excellent, it even blew away the foodies we brought with us.Special Features:
- DiversityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014The service was okay.... Not very warm. It was more of a neighborhood restaurant. Not a diverse setting.Special Features:
- see belowGoPiosDined on 9/12/2014Had the scallops they were on the dry side. Restaurant is always noisy and difficult to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodie78Dined on 9/10/2014Service was great. We went on a Wednesday and the restaurant was packed, a little to noisy for me. Food was good, mussels were awesome, the beef was very tender with great flavor. Gnocchi was ok, wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/8/2014The food was wonderful. The service was terrible! Our server was also the bartender and seemed to enjoy bartending more! Slow wasn't even the word for service, it was painful! It took 1.5 hours to get our entrees, and that was after we asked him to speed up our service. It took 45 minuts to get our salad. He then decided that he would avoid us which made it even worse. We had to ask other servers for things. We would not visit again which is too bad because the food was wonderful.
- Great neighborhood find!DontgetoutmuchDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed our first experience at The Wooden Table after hearing good reviews from friends. Limited menu but delicious selections. Red Snapper over cold potato salad was a surprise combination and very good. Tortellini was delicious also. Moana was an attentive server, friendly but not hovering. We went there on the first Bronco Sunday of the season so there were several empty tables but the service did not suffer. Glad we went!!Special Features:
- Food too saltyJoAnnLDined on 9/6/2014We were promptly greeted when we arrived and shown to our table (we had reservations). Staff were nice and knowledgeable. We each started with a Prosciutto di Parma salad. It was very good. For my entree, I chose the Ricotta Cavatelli (which was highly recommended by our server). I found my entree very rich AND WAY TOO SALTY. I could not finish it. We finished with a Blueberry and Mascarpone Crespella for dessert. It was described as being a crepe BUT is was so dense. Flavorful but too heavy. The noise level in the restaurant was on the high side. It was hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPyriteDined on 9/6/2014All the food from the appetizer's to entree's to the dessert were great. Tables were close together but not too bad. Service was excellent!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The food was great, the space is tight, a little noisy (due to small space and tables are very close together) and on the pricey side - but the food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJananDined on 9/5/2014We have had the pleasure of Dining at the Wooden Table many times. It continues to be an outstanding experience. Our server was great! The entire staff is attentive and friendly. You are always greeted warmly. The bartender is awesome, he is so much fun, even eating the bar is great experience. So nice to have a restaurant that is consistent in the quality of food as well as the qua Ity of their staff. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood FindBp72Dined on 9/5/2014We used a dining coupon from Travel Zoo to try this restaurant, located only a few blocks from our house. The salads were very tasty and the entrees cooked perfectly. I indulged in a few cocktails, seeing as I could walk home, and they were very nicely prepared and inventive without being over the top with odd ingredients. Our service was a little on the slow side, which left me to eat dessert alone while my husband left to pick up one of our kids, but it was a very delicious molten chocolate cake with a mint ice cream scoop that I didn't have to share so I wasn't too bothered. Our server also forgot to subtract the coupon from the bill initially, but took care of that quickly. She was very nice, just overwhelmed I think, so we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2014Fantastic food & service! From start to finish an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencejimbobDined on 9/3/2014If you want great choices and food that is prepared and presenting that is outstanding then dine at the Wooden Table. The quality of the food, we had duck, lamb, scallops, and the cheese ravioli as main courses were all outstanding and cooked to perfection with innovative accompaniments. Appetizers included the fennel salad with dates, parpadella bolognese, etc. The service we received from Jordan was wonderful. Will return again, without question.Special Features:
- KlausGVIPDined on 9/3/2014$7.00 for a bottle of beer - give me a break - this is not the Ritz Carlton. Food was good - but way again overpriced.
- Wooden table experienceDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014The food and service at the Wooden Table were outstanding. But, as the evening wore on, the noise level got to the point that I could not hear my friend without leaning way in. In addition, the grey print and low lighting made it impossible for my husband to read the menu. Also, the next table was so close, I felt as if I was eating with those two ladies as well as my party. In the beginning we were told our birthday celebrating friend would receive a special cake, but that never happened. It is too bad that these ambience items cannot be reconciled because the food and service are really too-notch.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceMrsbruDined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing; however our server was not attentive. We had to wait over an hour to get our dessert and our check. At the end of the night, our server was nowhere to be found. Also, we couldn’t get cappuccino because the machine was broken, and we couldn't get Sambuca because they didn’t carry it. Those are two major Italian staples for a great dinner. I would not recommend The Wooden Table, nor would I eat there again.Special Features:
- Loveland DinerLoveland80537Dined on 8/29/2014Restaurant Week--the menu was poorly planned--carb heavy. The choices were meager. The shining star was the appetizer (angelotti).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSpudsMageeVIPDined on 8/27/2014Juanita is a fantastic waitress, I will request her next time when we dine at Wooden Table. The food is always good here. I had the pappardelle pasta and I wanted to eat through the bottom of the bowl. So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandraVIPDined on 8/27/2014Outstanding food and very charming and efficient service. Bee have already made reservations to return and are bringing friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Went for Denver Restaurant Week dinner. Our wait person seemed hassled and overworked. No smile. DRW menu was wonderful, but the noise level is way too high. It is hard to have a conversation.
- First try during Restaurant WeekCayjayDined on 8/25/2014The server explained to us that each couple would order one appetizer, one entree and one dessert, all for the low low price of $60..ordering from the regular menu would have made it about $50. We thought it defeated the whole purpose and charm of RW to upcharge for the prix fixe menu, so we opted to go off the regular. Bf and I shared an appetizer and two half orders of pasta--three items--for $45. The food was really good. It occurred to me later that the server might have been mistaken, but I don't think I'll be back...it just seemed like they weren't ready or weren't interested in participating in RW, which just gave a bad impression.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We loved the gourmet meal but could hardly talk to one another . Unbearably loud. Some noise absorbing renovations are definitely needed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014our waitress was great. food was great. noise level was too much.Special Features:
- What happened?OKCdinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014I have dined at Wooden Table several times. Last night the food was not up to par, but, that was hardly noticeable compared to the server we were unlucky enough to get at our table. I don't believe I have ever had a less personable or less helpful server in my life. She threw plates down on the table, interrupted our conversations without apology, and was abrupt and rude to us. Food: What does it tell you when I say that the clams in the linquini and clams were bigger than the muscles? When I mentioned that the muscles used to be huge, she told me it was beyond their control. Not true, ask a restaurant like Bistro Vendome. Wooden table should have been embarrassed to serve them and even more embarrassed to employ a server like ours!Special Features:
- Such A Delight!stagerpaDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I love this restaurant. This time we enjoyed out meal outside. The service was just as prompt and memorable as eating in-doors. The bartender suggested a Cab that was absolutely superb! The restaurant was very busy and we did need to wait but just for a few minutes and the staff was most apologetic for the delay. I had the Tortilloni and my husband had the duck-both were excellent. A wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go on Monday Nights!NermiDined on 8/18/2014Great wine special on Monday nights (bottles half price with purchase of two entrees). Lovely waitress and great pasta. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service is terrible!RT1121Dined on 8/17/2014Went to dinner for the 2nd time and had the unfortunate luck of getting the same server Ramon. Terrible service both times. Last night we sat for 20 mins till he came by and ask if we wanted something to drink. Another 15 mins go by and I flag him to take our dinner orders. I asked for bread never got it. He never bothered to check On us to refill our water and see how we are doing. If it wasn't for the other servers, we would have not gotten any service whats ever. I won't be coming back. There are too many good place to eat in the Denver area to put up with poor service
- Good food, ok service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Groupon for 4 - 2 apps, 4 main, 2 desserts - we also added an extra app & dessert. Food was good - appetizers - enjoyed the liver mousse pate, but wouldn't have the polenta again. Main - all the dishes were really tasty, duck, beef, pasta, scallops. Desserts - to die for, seriously these were fantastic! Found the cocktails to be expensive. The service was not what we expect - server was nice enough, but we didn't get our water glasses filled up, and noticed other tables were given bread and offered fresh ground pepper, neither of which we were offered. Didn't look like there were enough servers to take care of all the tables, so maybe a management issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just foundfoodfunfor2Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is very friendly and the food was amazing. The bar service could be a bit quicker. We will be going back. Reservations would be a good idea during prime time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationsDenverDiningDuoDined on 8/15/2014WOW! What a gem hidden in a strip mall of all places. Excellent fare, service, and an impressive wine selection all at a welcome value in the greater Denver market. We will urge all our friends to try this diamond in the rough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimbobDined on 8/13/2014the food was excellent and presentation very nice….Special Features:
- Lousy,lousy,lousydisappointeddinerDined on 8/12/2014Very disappointing. We have been coming here since they opened and the service and food have been in a steady decline. Our waiter was horrible and the food was average at best. Gary, the GM, was not there and it is too bad because I would have told him how disappointing our dining experience was.
- Perfect mealKKMattskiDined on 8/8/2014From the appetizer of mussels with homemade sausage and saffron to the luscious lemon semifreddo dessert, this meal was perfect. The pastas are each distinct and mouthwatering. It was a real treat to order half plates for a variety of flavors and textures. Service was relaxed, knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprisewashparkfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Probably the best restaurant meal we've had in a long time. And in a suburban shopping center!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodgrumpyVIPDined on 8/7/2014I was a little hesitant because it is in a strip mall, but it was a good halfway point to meet friends. The food was very good and the staff was great. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EbonyDined on 8/7/2014Marvelous food! Very noisy restaurant makes it difficult for conversations.Special Features:
- Relaxing atmosphere and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014This was our fist time visiting The Wooden Table. They had some great cocktail specials and wine list was adequate. The food was good for the price point but dessert (tres leches) was a bit lacking in freshness.Special Features:
- Absolutey Fabulous!luv2dineVIPDined on 8/4/2014A great dining experience from start to finish! The mussels, arugula salad, red snapper, Angus beef were outstanding. The service was top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014But not really our taste. When I looked up the menu online, I noticed the basics of pasta. But, I should have looked at the details, as it was a bit more fancy than we were wanting..Special Features: