The Wishing Well
745 Saratoga Road
Wilton, NY 12831Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Wishing Well
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wishingwellrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5185847640
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Longton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Menus tailored for your event and budget. Four dining areas, all with stone fireplaces, provide the perfect background for any special occasion. Private areas are available for groups of 20 to 120.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Lee 5185847640
- Entertainment: Weekend piano entertainment. Nightly during the Saratoga thoroughbred racing season.
A word from The Wishing Well
Saratoga's finest selection of premium steaks and chops, live Maine lobsters, an array of fresh seafood and award winning wines. An inviting 1823 Victorian farmhouse, with four Adirondack fieldstone fireplaces, provides the ideal setting for an intimate dinner for two or larger social event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Wishing Well - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
The Wishing Well reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (51)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (34)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- wishing wellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014the wishing well is always a great evening. We go every year while in saratoga for the races. The large prime rib is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014This was my first diner at this restaurant. I was told to expect a good or better experience and that was certainly the case. I doubt if anyone will be knocked out of their socks at this restaurant but I would be very surprised if anyone would be disappointed by the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraustarkDined on 8/23/2014Everything from the wine list, the service and of course the food was outstanding. It is worth every effort to take the short ride from town to this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's about the noisenotanoviceDined on 8/23/2014Everyone is laughing and talking and having a great time, that's a good noise. Every table gets sliced tomatoes and bread with the best balsamic and olive oil. The food is good and well presented and the dessert should not be missed. The Peach Sorbet is presented in a hollowed out frozen peach and is wonderful. Get the truffles to go and enjoy them for days to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds Our Expectations!SecondtimeacharmDined on 8/22/2014Outstanding! Outstanding! Outstanding! A great dining experience from the fresh homegrown tomatoes on our table, the basket of fresh rolls and corn sticks to the homegrown corn with our entrees! The creative soup and appetizers were a great start before our entrees were served! I might add that the drinks from the bar were not skimpy. Entrees included fresh turkey, a veal chop Parmesan that poured over the plate that did not leave anyone hungry. Make sure you save room for dessert. A variety of desserts that were not a disappointment to end a great dining evening. Service was excellent and our server made sure we were well taken care if. Add this restaurant to your list of great dining experiences and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summitmoon1Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food and service all good. The wait staff was very friendly, and the owners also came over to our table. The food was served hot and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Restaurantluv2dine06Dined on 8/20/2014We had two nights of wonderful dining at The Wishing Well. Serivce great, food was very good. Fresh Tomatoes, and fresh corn to die for! Prime Rib is excellent, so was the duck. Nothing bad to say..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRYCHRYCDined on 8/20/2014As always, Great dinner. Prefer the other dining room, atmosphere, but since we were eight, seated in a comfortable corner. Service on the moneySpecial Features:
- nice night outsemiDined on 8/20/2014Loved the setting. Come to Saratoga every summer this is an experience we have looked forward to. Worth the wait. Food great, staff and service very nice. Was recommended to me and I will pass on the recommendationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming settingVTdinerDined on 8/20/2014Sliced tomato & baskets of bread & cornbread nice treat to sit down to. Crab and lobster cocktail, oysters Rockefeller very good appetizers. Steaks expertly prepared. The $57 stuffed lobster tails were broiled too much and the stuffing was charred. Disappointing for the price. Mud pie & special rice pudding dessert are winners! Blue cheese cheesecake not so good.Special Features:
- ONE OF THE BEST;IF NOT THE BESTZbestDined on 8/19/2014Have dined there three times over a four year period. Each time the food was outstanding. I mean all the food and wine selections just the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnerJOanielbDined on 8/17/2014The fresh local tomatoes and corn on the cob are always delicious in August after a day at the Track.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceToripineDined on 8/17/2014Service and food are always perfection. This is a wonderful restaurant that is not stuffy but classy. Celebrated my mom's birthday and everything was perfect!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoopla not justifiedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were very disappointed with The Wishing Well after the recommendations we received to spend one of our weekend dinners there. The steaks were overcooked, the mashed potatoes mediocre and the service was very regimented. We told our server that we would like to finish our bottle of wine before considering dessert for which the response was a dessert menu and a recital of the special desserts available. Very rushed for the money we were spending.
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Went here for a bridal party/bachelorette dinner...could not have been more perfect! We had Anne as our lovely server and she just made the night even more memorable! The food was amazing and worth every cent! Wish I lived closer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unknown gem.AVJJDined on 8/15/2014We know the Capital Region well and often visit Saratoga. Since this place is not in the young, noisy, and more popular bar district of Saratoga, it was never an option. But we wanted to try it out for a special occasion and fell in love with the character of the place and really good food. It has Adirondack written all over. We were so enchanted and satisfied with our experience that we canceled our next night's Chianti ll Ristorante reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!ToughCookieDined on 8/15/2014We've been going Saratoga for years & for some reason hadn't gotten to THE Wishing Well our loss! Fabulous lot's of fun atmosphere & great food & service. The bar with the piano player/singer just great & the right touch people congregating & having a great time. Dinner what a treat they start you off with really good bread & slip in some corn bread & then the Tomato fresh & red outstanding. We had the Steak Diane cooked perfectly & delicious Scallops the treat was the corn on the cab as sweet & frsh as it could be. We really enjoyed the Wishin Well & will be back. If you're in Saratoga please do not miss the opportunity to dine there & enjoy yourself!Special Features:
- Unique experienceNJUnitedDined on 8/15/2014The decor, energy and hospitality made this a memorable occasion for our well-travelled groupSpecial Features:
- Nice place - busy after track!RonCheshireDined on 8/14/2014Piano player and enthusiastic 45+ crowd keep this hoping till about 10 It's very good food with solid service at a reasonable value Very enjoyable -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLinSimDined on 8/13/2014The Manhattan clam chowder was excellent. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his duck entree. The steak Diane was good but under cooked on the first try. The complimentary sliced beefsteak tomato was delicious and a nice touch as a starter and the corn on the cob was yummy. Service was also very good!!Special Features:
- Eating Well at Wishing WellBuntzVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a fine meal in this popular spot about 4 miles north of Saratoga Springs on a busy Wednesday evening. Breads to start with included some slices of corn bread, always welcome, and their clam chowder soup was chock full of clams. My veal chop was one of the best I have had anywhere and my wife enjoyed her crab cakes. A nice slice of raspberry pie topped off a nice evening. Service was prompt, despite the number of people dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saratoga LandmarkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Been going to this place for 25 years. This family owned and operated restaurant is a great spot to dine while in Saratoga. Summer tomatoes and fresh corn are superb.Special Features:
- Good cornChefJRPDined on 8/12/2014Only thing good was the corn and tomatoes. Crab cakes had no crab, full of stove top stuffing. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinerQuziDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I dined here recently celebrating our anniversary. We love their crab cakes and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. The waitstaff is friendly and very attentive.Special Features:
- Wishing Well 2014blade926Dined on 8/10/2014The Wishing Well is a fine dining experience in a setting of rustic elegance. The owners are always there and are "hands on". The food is very, very good but both the appetizers and meals are quite pricey. Drinks are reasonably priced with a martini costing $8 or $9. The food is consistently good even though one of the members of our party was disappointed in his selection - a whole lobster. All dinners come with a plate of huge sliced tomatoes, corn on the cob, veggie of the day, and potato. Dining at the Wishing Well will be a costly experience, but one you will enjoy. We have sent many people there and they were all ecstatic about it. Since it is quite costly to dine there, it's probably best to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- A must tryFoodloverDined on 8/10/2014We Had dinner at The Wishing Well on our last visit to Saratoga Springs and loved it. It was a must for this trip. Will visit again on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had very good attended server and the food was exceptional. All in our party were very well satisfied,Special Features:
- As alwaysScooterDined on 8/9/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Always a good time.Special Features:
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Received Entre right after last bite of appetizer. Wait staff asked do you need change from bill while I was still counting my money to place on bill. Wine glasses being removed from table as we were getting up to leave. Should you go to this restaurant ask not to be rushed.
- Great atmosphereCanuckjwDined on 8/9/2014The food was good, but the most enjoyable part was sitting in the tavern listening to the live music. Very busy post track location, pricey, but a nice place for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place - Wrong WeekendRandyVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were passing through and were enchanted by the description of this place. We're sure it lives up to it...any other time than Saratoga Race Weekends is what we'd strongly recommend, unless a very noisy environment doesn't phase you. The restaurant is quite charming and the menu and food are outstanding. Hopefully, we'll be traveling through once again when the post-track crowd is not around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TJRrocDined on 8/8/2014Outstanding, one of the best meals I have had in years. Just a great placeSpecial Features:
- Racing CrowdSam62Dined on 8/8/2014We go once a year during race season and nothing has changed in ten years. The senior crowd with money likes it this way. Everything we've had has been well prepared and without too many frills. Nice wine list and good service. Will keep going as long as I have the health and wealth to get to Saratoga.Special Features:
- EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENTgundyDined on 8/7/2014I HAVE VISITED THE WISHING MANY TIMES AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood PlattersfjfsfDined on 8/4/2014Excellent presentation. seafood was steamed and chilled to perfection. Serving size was perfect. My son had a veal chop which was also done to perfection. Seating was prompt, service was excellent. Atmosphere very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as I remembered itKywildcatsVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my second trip to the Wishing Well. It was just as good as my first visit. I love the tomatoes and corn they bring to the table as an extra treat. They were very busy, but we were still seated within a few minutes of our reservation time, which is a sign of a well-run restaurant. I can't wait for my next visit to Saratoga so I can eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night - Whitney Race DayKDKYDined on 8/2/2014I was told the Wishing Well was an "institution" I had to go to while in Saratoga. I was a bit worried it would be too stuffy, but it was a blast! We went after Whitney Race Day, and thank goodness we made a reservation. The place was packed and hopping. The piano player/singer was a lot of fun. Very energetic and fun vibe, but not too loud. Really pretty ambiance. Was most excited that the "Queen of Saratoga" Mrs. Whitney herself walked in just as we were seated for dinner. Made our night. They provided tomatoes and corn on the cob that were both delicious. I loved my lobster, my husband loved his steak. Our friends asked to split the prime rib and they just brought them each a whole piece, as to not ruin the cut of the meat. how nice!Special Features:
- BeachwalkDined on 8/2/2014We love it. It is "0ld Saratoga,". Music is upbeat, has a melody,and makes you want to dance. Anyone over 40 knows the lyrics. The bar is an active place and they pour a good drink. The noise does not spill into the dining rooms. There are no baseball caps in sight. Diners are dressed t0 go out to dine. The food does not disappoint. We wish the Wishing Well could be cloned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Local ResidentsLocalResidentDined on 8/2/2014This is a special restaurant for so many reasons. We love the tourist season, but it is nice to get a little distance some of the time. The food here is wonderful and we have never been disappointed in any way. Also understanding of gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!FreqntTravlrDined on 8/2/2014I was clearly evident that there is great pride taken in the service the staff provide to the patrons. The staff was friendly and welcoming while always maintaining a perfect balance of class and decorum. Thank you for a fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.