The Wishing Well
745 Saratoga Road
Wilton, NY 12831Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Wishing Well
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wishingwellrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (518) 584-7640
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Longton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Menus tailored for your event and budget. Four dining areas, all with stone fireplaces, provide the perfect background for any special occasion. Private areas are available for groups of 20 to 120.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Lee 5185847640
- Entertainment: Weekend piano entertainment. Nightly during the Saratoga thoroughbred racing season.
A word from The Wishing Well
Saratoga's finest selection of premium steaks and chops, live Maine lobsters, an array of fresh seafood and award winning wines. An inviting 1823 Victorian farmhouse, with four Adirondack fieldstone fireplaces, provides the ideal setting for an intimate dinner for two or larger social event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Wishing Well - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
The Wishing Well reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)fit for foodies (44)romantic (43)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (38)notable wine list (28)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful special night for the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014We had a party of 7--3 kids (14, 11,9), parents and visiting grandparents from Atlanta. We asked for a cozy spot near a fireplace when we made the reservation and we got it! And it was much needed to remove the November chill from our southern visitors. Kids menu was refreshingly diverse! Prix fixe menu was terrific. Staff was really friendly (even though we were a bit late because the busy mom put reservation in iPhone for 7 pm instead of 6:30 --sorry again!). Off the beaten path restaurant that has a charming ambiance that's nice for a special night out. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was it a dining experience or simply eating out??OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I was surprised to be seated next to a large table and outside an area that had a wedding party. We looked forward to a quiet social evening with friends but alas that was not the case. We ordered a bottle of wine and the waiter poured. When he came to my wife she told him to hold the pouring until she finished her glass. He proceeded to empty the bottle among the four other guests, my wife and I drank from the same glass. Da. We may return and see what the bar is like for a social drink in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Very attentive service. Our meals were delicious. Never disappointed here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevoDined on 11/9/2014The food was fantastic and the service was great. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- neighborntckg2niteDined on 11/7/2014Always a nice dining experience. Good food, good service, friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodConnecticutdiner1Dined on 10/25/2014Great food lobster bisque best I have ever had. Prime Rib, New york strip all fantastic. The whole atmosphere brought me back in time the way restaurants used to be . Highly recommend thw wishing well . Can't wait to go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Eveningaet2014Dined on 10/8/2014We were staying in the Saratoga area, and wanted to meet old friends for dinner. Our B&B recommended The Wishing Well. It was a delightful evening. The atmosphere in the dining area was conducive to conversation. The service was outstanding - very supportive while not being intrusive. We felt no pressure to hurry as we caught up with our friends. And the food was excellent - well prepared and well presented. We were totally satisfied with our experience, and will likely return when we visit that area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My food was coldWallyDined on 10/4/2014I ordered the Short Ribs. They were cold in the center. I had to over 5 minutes before I could get the attention of the waitress. She took the plate and gave me a brand new serving, which was what she should have done. After that, the dinner was great! The food was excellent! I had a small salad and the lemon vinaigrette dressing was terrific. The service was slow, though. It wasn't crowded either. The people are nice. I'd recommend it if you aren't in a hurry. We weren't.Special Features:
- Wishing WellDrE53Dined on 9/13/2014We love the Wishing Well ! Our dinner this past Sat. night was a bit disappointing. The haddock was dry and tasteless and the "house" salad looked & tasted like it was from a bag and not of fresh greens. Everything else was great as usual.We eat there often and continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodonsiteDined on 9/13/2014All the food was cooked properly and served hot! My prime rib was the best I ever had and I ate it for days.Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic supper clubFerrandoDined on 9/11/2014No molecular gastronomy here. Old-school supper club experience, done very well. Cheese and crackers at the bar. Complimentary fresh garden tomato with olive oil and balsamic served at the table. yum. We had the baked stuffed lobster, done perfectly. The service was excellent. Attentive and friendly, but not overbearing. Also, the wine list is quite notable for its emphasis on Napa and Sonoma. The owner is clearly a fan of those regions, with some hard-to-find gems on the list. Set in a refurbed 1800's farmhouse. Very cozy vibe. No fusion or foams, but classic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerbrettpackDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and had a fantastic meal. My wife had the prime rib and I had the salmon. My wife also had the house Chardonney and thought it was excellent. This was our first visit here but it will not be our last because of the quality of the food and the wonderful service we received from the moment we walked in. The staff were very helpful with the description of some of the entrees and were very patient as we decided what to order. This was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step backStBarnabasDined on 9/1/2014Top notch food. Piano singer in bar plays standards...washrooms could be upgraded moly problem I would mentionI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealTonyDined on 8/31/2014This was our first time at The Wishing Well. What a wonderful experience we had. The food was just delicious and the dinning room was cozy and full of interesting pictures and antiques. This restaurant became a favorite in one visit.Special Features:
- Always great!jevqVIPDined on 8/29/2014We go to Saratoga every year and have to eat at Wishing Well at least once maybe twice if we can get a reservation. The food and service are always fantastic!Special Features:
- wishing wellgracieDined on 8/27/2014the wishing well is always a great evening. We go every year while in saratoga for the races. The large prime rib is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major Weakness!LorenzoDined on 8/27/2014Although friends recommended this restaurant, we were disappointed in the entrees. Lobster "Shepherd's Pie" was lacking in quantity of lobster. Mostly peas and other. Haddock entree was overlooked and dry. We will find it difficult to return to the substantial prices for average food. We would expect entrees priced at close to $30 to be excellent. We were pleased with service and all other aspects of dinner. When we told the waiter about our dissatisfaction, there should have been an adjustment to the bill, such as no charge for dessert and coffee. We did not return entrees, but usually do when unhappy. This was our 49th Anniversary dinner. Didn't want to have a negative element to the evening.Special Features:
- lakerDined on 8/24/2014This was my first diner at this restaurant. I was told to expect a good or better experience and that was certainly the case. I doubt if anyone will be knocked out of their socks at this restaurant but I would be very surprised if anyone would be disappointed by the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraustarkDined on 8/23/2014Everything from the wine list, the service and of course the food was outstanding. It is worth every effort to take the short ride from town to this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's about the noisenotanoviceDined on 8/23/2014Everyone is laughing and talking and having a great time, that's a good noise. Every table gets sliced tomatoes and bread with the best balsamic and olive oil. The food is good and well presented and the dessert should not be missed. The Peach Sorbet is presented in a hollowed out frozen peach and is wonderful. Get the truffles to go and enjoy them for days to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds Our Expectations!SecondtimeacharmDined on 8/22/2014Outstanding! Outstanding! Outstanding! A great dining experience from the fresh homegrown tomatoes on our table, the basket of fresh rolls and corn sticks to the homegrown corn with our entrees! The creative soup and appetizers were a great start before our entrees were served! I might add that the drinks from the bar were not skimpy. Entrees included fresh turkey, a veal chop Parmesan that poured over the plate that did not leave anyone hungry. Make sure you save room for dessert. A variety of desserts that were not a disappointment to end a great dining evening. Service was excellent and our server made sure we were well taken care if. Add this restaurant to your list of great dining experiences and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summitmoon1Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food and service all good. The wait staff was very friendly, and the owners also came over to our table. The food was served hot and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Restaurantluv2dine06Dined on 8/20/2014We had two nights of wonderful dining at The Wishing Well. Serivce great, food was very good. Fresh Tomatoes, and fresh corn to die for! Prime Rib is excellent, so was the duck. Nothing bad to say..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRYCHRYCDined on 8/20/2014As always, Great dinner. Prefer the other dining room, atmosphere, but since we were eight, seated in a comfortable corner. Service on the moneySpecial Features:
- nice night outsemiDined on 8/20/2014Loved the setting. Come to Saratoga every summer this is an experience we have looked forward to. Worth the wait. Food great, staff and service very nice. Was recommended to me and I will pass on the recommendationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming settingVTdinerDined on 8/20/2014Sliced tomato & baskets of bread & cornbread nice treat to sit down to. Crab and lobster cocktail, oysters Rockefeller very good appetizers. Steaks expertly prepared. The $57 stuffed lobster tails were broiled too much and the stuffing was charred. Disappointing for the price. Mud pie & special rice pudding dessert are winners! Blue cheese cheesecake not so good.Special Features:
- ONE OF THE BEST;IF NOT THE BESTZbestDined on 8/19/2014Have dined there three times over a four year period. Each time the food was outstanding. I mean all the food and wine selections just the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnerJOanielbDined on 8/17/2014The fresh local tomatoes and corn on the cob are always delicious in August after a day at the Track.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceToripineDined on 8/17/2014Service and food are always perfection. This is a wonderful restaurant that is not stuffy but classy. Celebrated my mom's birthday and everything was perfect!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoopla not justifiedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were very disappointed with The Wishing Well after the recommendations we received to spend one of our weekend dinners there. The steaks were overcooked, the mashed potatoes mediocre and the service was very regimented. We told our server that we would like to finish our bottle of wine before considering dessert for which the response was a dessert menu and a recital of the special desserts available. Very rushed for the money we were spending.
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Went here for a bridal party/bachelorette dinner...could not have been more perfect! We had Anne as our lovely server and she just made the night even more memorable! The food was amazing and worth every cent! Wish I lived closer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unknown gem.AVJJDined on 8/15/2014We know the Capital Region well and often visit Saratoga. Since this place is not in the young, noisy, and more popular bar district of Saratoga, it was never an option. But we wanted to try it out for a special occasion and fell in love with the character of the place and really good food. It has Adirondack written all over. We were so enchanted and satisfied with our experience that we canceled our next night's Chianti ll Ristorante reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!ToughCookieDined on 8/15/2014We've been going Saratoga for years & for some reason hadn't gotten to THE Wishing Well our loss! Fabulous lot's of fun atmosphere & great food & service. The bar with the piano player/singer just great & the right touch people congregating & having a great time. Dinner what a treat they start you off with really good bread & slip in some corn bread & then the Tomato fresh & red outstanding. We had the Steak Diane cooked perfectly & delicious Scallops the treat was the corn on the cab as sweet & frsh as it could be. We really enjoyed the Wishin Well & will be back. If you're in Saratoga please do not miss the opportunity to dine there & enjoy yourself!Special Features:
- Unique experienceNJUnitedDined on 8/15/2014The decor, energy and hospitality made this a memorable occasion for our well-travelled groupSpecial Features:
- Nice place - busy after track!RonCheshireDined on 8/14/2014Piano player and enthusiastic 45+ crowd keep this hoping till about 10 It's very good food with solid service at a reasonable value Very enjoyable -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLinSimDined on 8/13/2014The Manhattan clam chowder was excellent. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his duck entree. The steak Diane was good but under cooked on the first try. The complimentary sliced beefsteak tomato was delicious and a nice touch as a starter and the corn on the cob was yummy. Service was also very good!!Special Features:
- Eating Well at Wishing WellBuntzVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a fine meal in this popular spot about 4 miles north of Saratoga Springs on a busy Wednesday evening. Breads to start with included some slices of corn bread, always welcome, and their clam chowder soup was chock full of clams. My veal chop was one of the best I have had anywhere and my wife enjoyed her crab cakes. A nice slice of raspberry pie topped off a nice evening. Service was prompt, despite the number of people dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saratoga LandmarkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Been going to this place for 25 years. This family owned and operated restaurant is a great spot to dine while in Saratoga. Summer tomatoes and fresh corn are superb.Special Features:
- Good cornChefJRPDined on 8/12/2014Only thing good was the corn and tomatoes. Crab cakes had no crab, full of stove top stuffing. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinerQuziDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I dined here recently celebrating our anniversary. We love their crab cakes and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. The waitstaff is friendly and very attentive.Special Features: