The Wishing Crab
2505 Sand Creek Road #108
Brentwood, CA 94513Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Wishing Crab
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thewishingcrab.com/
- Phone: 9256343888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from The Wishing Crab
The Wishing Crab is a local restaurant designed with American style and serving up delicious food with an Asian flare! Asia has a long history of using spices and seasonings to flavor seafood. These flavor profiles have been refined for generations. The Wishing Crab will take these Asian influences and prepare the most mouthwatering meals you’ve ever had! Once you’ve experienced this East-West fusion, you’ll be coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Wishing Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great but.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Food was beyond excellent! The servers were friendly and the place was nice and looked great. However they did not have our reservation when we showed, but were still able to accomodate us and we were seated right away.Special Features:
- Kids eat free WednesdayDMH75Dined on 5/28/2014The Steamer Pots of seafood, potato, corn, and a spicy sausage are our favorites. Pay the little bit extra to have shrimp peeled for you. Get an order of Dutch crunch bread to soak up all the garlic butter sauce or spicy Cajun sauce in your steamer pot. Kids eat free on Wednesday! Buy Wishing Crab giftcards at Costco before dining to save a little money. Join the Wishing Crab club to earn points if you plan on going often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/22/2014The best garlic crab & noodles. Also, the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- The Wishing Crab is okay.crab4meVIPDined on 5/18/2014The steampot is excellent but will not recommend the desserts. Location is a little challenge to find. The website has a "old San Creek Road address" but the address should be "Sand Creek Road".Special Features:
- Credit Card PolicyLuvgoodfoodDined on 5/16/2014We made our reservation through OpenTable, everything was fine; food good (corn was a little mushy and no flavor - left in water to long), service was attentive. Atmosphere was like a sports bar with a lot of TVs. I would have given the place an overall rating of 4 except for what happen when we paid our $83 dollar bill. I have never had a restaurant ask me to see my ID when paying the bill with any type of credit/debit cards, never (and I'm 66). That goes for 1 to 5 star restaurants.
- RRamirezDined on 5/15/2014Great seafood the clams in basil sauce is an absolute must we almost ordered rice just to dump the leftover sauce on. The drinks were very reasonable and we happend to be there on a Thursday for lady's night $5 drinks I only wish there was a men's night. Cant wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/13/2014Great crab & garlic noodles. We always love eating here!Special Features:
- Crawfish TrajedySeafoodluvDined on 5/11/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant and overall the experience was enjoyable. The crab was excellent along with the garlic noodles. Great flavor until I got to the crawfish - very bland and meatless! I've had MUCH better and would not recommend to anyone who has had their palate satisfied by this delicate morsel from the sea and prepared by a seasoned chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Garlic Crab......Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/31/2014We always enjoy eating at the Wishing Crab, it's our favorite local eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Crab & Garlic NoodlesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/9/2014We eat here every two weeks and love, love the food.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseSFAEVIPDined on 2/25/2014Nice neighborhood place with fresh food, and very gracious service. Would go again.Special Features:
- Seafood in BrentwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014This is a great restaurant if you are looking to have a wide variety of seafood menu selection. We ordered the Louisiana Steam Pot with the Garlic and Cajun sauce Mix and shared between two of us. It was a delicious mix of clams, mussels, shrimp and a juicy Louisiana Hot Link. We were in a group of 6 other guests. Our food was brought out to us in a timely manner and all of our appetizers, entrees and cocktails were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is great as we eatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2014The food is great as we eat here 2 times a month.....love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love ItOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/30/2013As usual, we enjoyed our garlic crab with noodles. They are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best, Love it, Love it & LovedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/3/2013We love the restaurant so much that we eat here every two weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Garlic Crab......Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/3/2013We love eating here as the crab is always great and the garlic noodles are to die for.Special Features:
- Mediocre food in BrentwoodfinedinerDined on 10/10/2013Two of us had the chicken/shrimp combo which was at best mediocre. The "famous" garlic noodles were dry and unimpressive. The tuna steak was tasty, though overcooked; and the salmon was decent, if a little fishy. The cheesecake was by far the most successful dish of the evening. The restaurant doesn't skimp on portion size, and the wait staff was attentive. However, I don't believe we will return.
- Birthday dinnerBirthdayDined on 9/11/2013We loveThe Wishing Crab! Delicious Steamer pots of seafood in garlic butter sauce or spicy Cajun. We like to mix both sauces. Get shrimp peeled for $1.50 more, get Dutch crunch bread unlimited basket for $1.50 more. Dip bread in steamer pot sauce again and again! Noisy ambiance and casual decor. Join their rewards club which also works for their other restaurant, Shirasoni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels and clamscooksfriendDined on 8/17/2013Very good and be sure to get the garlic noodles, just the right amount of garlic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had lunch with two friends.AbbyVIPDined on 8/3/2013had lunch with two friends. There were three items chosen, we each wanted something diferent. They were out of two items. Waiter was no where to be found for the majority of the meal. Food was only mediocre.Special Features:
- Great foodlove2eatoutDined on 8/2/2013Wonderful food and good service great spot for crab.Special Features:
- wishing crab experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2013Food is good, really pricey & they can afford to change up the menu a little, maybe have a "create your steampot" for people who dont eat certain seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Wishing CrabilvetyaDined on 6/29/2013Our server Sandra was not very pleasant intially, but did warm up after some time. My wife had the lobster dinner and I had the filet and lobster dinner. The meal was fair particularly due to the fact that the total bill was $110.28. I think next time we"ll we go back to SF for dinner at those prices.
- PleasedSqueakyDined on 6/16/2013Food is prepared with great favors. Steam pots are really good. I only thought the pot for 2 people my husband could have eaten by himself. The staff is very pleasant and the place is clean. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab...Mmmm...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013Excellent, super yummy food...my 3 daughters and I split a steampot and none of us were left hungry, although out of sheer gluttony I could have easily eaten a lot more! Food is piping hot, fresh, clean, flavorful and delicious. Totally affordable, good service, lots of parking...we had a fantastic time and without a doubt will be back...sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great servicelove2eatoutDined on 5/31/2013The food was outstanding as was the service; can't beat their crab pots.Special Features:
- Good but Very PriceyJerryDDined on 5/26/2013Food was Great, but Prices were 13% higher then the posted prices on their web site. Prices were $3.00 to $30.00 over the on-line menu.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013Glad we tried it. But we probably won't be returning. But my hubby liked the crawdads and the beer was cold.
- Excellent Garlic shrimp noodleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013bit pricey, but the garlic shrimp noodle was excellent. The Clam chowder was pretty plain.Special Features:
- Overall dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Overall dining experience was good. The food was very satisfying, especially the garlic flavored noodles. It was to die for. We celebrated my husband's birthday on March 13, 2013 in Brentwood, CA branch. We felt a little disappointed over the fact that the server got our order wrong. It was a bummer. I wish they offered us a free drink or something, but the server neglected to do so. I'm still going to recommend this restaurant to my friends and family. We are coming back, though. Thanks!Special Features:
- Food wasn't as good as advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Food wasn't as good as advertised by other reviews, but it was a nice place to discover. We went on a busy night, so that could have had an effect on the food. We will go back and give them another try, seems like a nice change of pace from SF.Special Features:
- Overpriced for the AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013We had the steak and lobster with Asian noodles - lobster was a bit mushy but tasty - steak was flavorful but not exceptional. Lots of Asian noodles on the plate to distract from the very small size lobster tail/steak. Drinks were overpriced - $10 margaritas - 2 drinks each and the fixed price menu and our tab ended up being $166 with tip. Very overpriced for the food quality and atmosphere and a little too noisy for our taste. The service was excellent and cheerful. Might try again for their Asian dishes which are their specialty - and no drinks.
- We went on Valentine's Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We went on Valentine's Day. The dining experience was good. We did not enjoy the crab pot as much as we anticipated. I will order a different entree next time.Special Features:
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013The food was ok, except the deep fried doughy somewhat raw battered fried ice cream is positively horrid!
- Better than expected afterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Better than expected after reading several negative reviews. We are definitely going back soon.Special Features:
- Since this was my first visitFoodlatinloverVIPDined on 2/6/2013Since this was my first visit and the reviews I read about the garlic noodles were excellent. So, for my first time I decided to try the Garlic Noodles with Shrimp. The Garlic noodles with Shrimp to die for! As I was enjoying my dinner, I was busy looking at the different dished being ordered and they all looked fresh, inviting, and excellent. I saw a woman order a crab steam pot and a man order a steak with mushrooms, garlic noodles and shrimp. WOW!!!! This place is a hidden gem and cant wait for an excuse to visit this restaurant again! The service was great!Special Features:
- Our server, Sandra was FANTASTIC.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013Our server, Sandra was FANTASTIC. Thank you for making our dining experience a great one!!!Special Features:
- very good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2012It was my birthday and I decided I wanted to try something new, something a little fancy. When I found the website and saw the open table reservations, I made my decision. Walking in to The Wishing Crab I was disappointed. It was not fancy at all, if anything is was very casual and a little dive ish. Not that that is bad, some of my favorite places are whole in the wall dives, I just felt the website was a little deceiving. The service was fantastic, our server was very attentive and helpful. We started with the calamari and it was a little bland. But the rest of our food was fantastic, my daughter had the seared tuna salad and said it was fantastic. but if you order the garlic crab legs, I hope you like garlic! a little to much!
- The Wishing Classic pot wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2012The Wishing Classic pot was excellent for two. Garlic noodles were delicious. Loved the drink selection! Our waitress was super friendly and fun.Special Features:
- We were sat in the Sun sectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012We were sat in the Sun section and it was extrememly hot! New shades need to be purchased, as we BAKED in this side of the resturant.Special Features: