The Wise Boxer Pour House
16 W Jefferson Ave
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Wise Boxer Pour House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thewiseboxerpourhouse.com/
- Phone: 6307170400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Mitch Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three floors with the ability to handle parties of up to 300 people. Four bars for social gatherings, as well as different rooms for more intimate gatherings. Weather your planning your company's holiday party, your sister’s baby shower, or your girlfriend’s bachelorette party; be sure to keep the Wise Boxer in your plans.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Bergeron 6302354870
- Entertainment: Live Music on Thursday's, DJ Friday and Saturday.
A word from The Wise Boxer Pour House
Welcome to The Wise Boxer Pour House, an upscale multi-level Pub and Grill Featuring Handmade Food and Craft Beers is located on Jefferson Ave in Downtown Naperville and offers an Entirely New Menu of American fare with Gourmet Flair, pairing with a Large Craft Beer Selection which Provides an Ideal Dining Destination, Late-Night Hangout & Place to Watch the game with friends over Our Daily Beer & drink specials, burgers and Upscale Bar Fare! • Our Decor Includes plenty of TVs tuned to sports, leather booths with their own TV sets, small round tables set with tall stools. The upstairs areas, which can be used for overflow seating or private parties, mirrors the same layout with an enclosed upstairs patio strung with lights that provides a place to Enjoy the Weather and chat in a Peaceful Setting! • Entertainment Includes DJs Every Friday and Saturday night, as well as live music on Thursday nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Wise Boxer Pour House - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
The Wise Boxer Pour House reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- EnjoyableElBeeDined on 9/1/2014We had a small family dinner (8) of us, with ages ranging from 8 to 86. Everyone enjoyed their food, with the exception of a picky eater....and our drinks were equally as good. Though a bit loud at first, the barkeep/waiter turned the music volume down so that we could enjoy our conversation. Perhaps not the best selection of restaurant for a Sunday family dinner, but it was enjoyable and unexpected....almost had a bit of a European vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid neighborhood spotFitfoodieDined on 8/8/2014Beautiful patio. Great ambiance throughout the restaurant. Fantastic rotating beer list. I have been to wise boxer twice, and the only disappointment I have had was somewhat in my choice of food, though everyone I have gone with seems to thoroughly enjoy their choices! Definitely will be back. EXCELLENT service both times we have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food good for smaller groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had a group of 14 and were seated near other large groups, too loud. Only could hear people across from you..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstandingcarmil1967VIPDined on 7/16/2014Best salmon I have ever eaten! My husband ordered the shrimp pasta dish and it was fantastic as well. We sat on the third floor patio and it was super cute and romantic. Loved this place will definitely be back!Special Features:
- 2nd timeCarinaRNDined on 6/30/2014Went there with friends for dinner. Dave was our waiter/bartender. Was a great experience and highly recommend. Their mixology cocktail menu, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealNaperPickyDined on 6/27/2014Not sure why this restaurant isn't always packed. Food and beer selection are both excellent. Kid friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall but...CarinaRNDined on 6/21/2014I had gotten the fish of the day. They had omitted telling me that the fish was blackened, although for someone who might like that kind of heat I'm sure I was good but for me, I could not eat it. The truffle shuffle fries were fantastic and the sides were really good as well. Will try again for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom5fiveVIPDined on 6/15/2014We use to love Raffi's in the 5th Avenue Station building. We are happy to see that some of the dishes at Raffi's have been incorporated with The Wise Boxer Pour House menu.Special Features:
- A great place to celebrate!bagsrpackedDined on 6/14/2014We celebrated college graduation with a family lunch at the Wise Boxer after the restaurant we had originally reserved at notified us that they had "overbooked" and would have to split our group into two tables and couldn't guarantee we'd even be in the same room. While we were initially disappointed, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We found the Wise Boxer on Open Table, thought the menu looked intriguing, and booked. The food was far better than we expected; the sweet and spicy shrimp appetizer was so good that one of our party ordered it as an entree. The wings, burgers, sandwiches, and pasta were all amazing with great flavor and large portions at good prices. Service was good, too! We'll be back on date night!Special Features:
- Great meal!Trauler13VIPDined on 6/7/2014We have dined at the Wise Boxer several times now and had several of their fish offerings. Has to be some of the best in Naperville. Surprisingly good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the The Wise Boxer Pour House reviews archive.
- Something for everyone!suiteeleganceDined on 5/23/2014Great Naperville location with a wide variety of unique food combinations on the menu. All four of us loved our entrees. The desserts are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014It was just my husband and I on a Friday night. We were sat quickly and had service quickly. Our waiter was very informative. He knew all the specials, items available and deals. I loved my meal. I had broccoli as a side, I am particular with how I like it and it was perfect, so yummy. The waiter made a suggestion on how my husband should try his burger, the Juicy Lucy, so he tried and really enjoyed it. They had a special that desserts were only $2, we don't normally eat dessert but tried one. The peanut butter mouse was fantastic. It was a very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tap beers and foodjohnniepantsDined on 5/11/2014The tap beer options are varied and the flatbreads are very good. Service is always friendly and its a very comfortable place to relax after work or for lunch.Special Features:
- Mothers day buffetDwpLjpVIPDined on 5/11/2014Buffet was quite basic but acceptable, and the service was excellently attentive in a nice looking room but the 2nd floor ceiling fan near the entry at the top of the stairs kept a cold breeze on us constantly. We asked them to please turn it off but they never responded to that request.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014I ordered a hamburger - waitress mixed up plates and gave my plate to our friend who was dining at our table with us - he got my burger, I got his. I asked for a different temperature for cooking and onions and instead I got his order. Didn't realize it until after I had taken a bite. The meat was barely warm and when I cut into the burger (to eat with a fork) there was a stringy piece hanging from the piece I cut, maybe a string of fat?? The french fries were ok - this was my second time dining here and I was the one that recommended to our friends to eat there. I was totally disgusted and won't be going there again. The waitress was very sorry and nice and they took my meal and beer off the bill and apologized.
- Great food and Superb Service!BethVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had a party of 15 for a graduation celebration at Wise Boxer. Jessica was such an awesome server, willing to discuss any item on the menu along with accommodating a few "picky" eaters. They have unbelievable drink specials which made it even more of a wonderful experience. They also was very gracious to the graduate and made the celebration even more special. Their sweet & spicy shrimp appetizer was inhaled (I could have eaten two order myself they were so good!). In addition we had anything from scallops, blue burger, flatbread pizza, and stuffed pork tenderloin. Everyone raved about their food and all looked very appealing when brought to the table. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!AmyDeeVIPDined on 5/3/2014Wow! This was a wonderful surprise! Food was amazing. Waiter/bartender was a riot....funny, knowledgeable. Great drinks! Awesome setting on the third floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar ServiceDwpLjpVIPDined on 4/30/2014Ate at the Bar. Fun environment. Menu was great- had items that are cooler than just plain bar food. Super friendly service from hostess and bartender.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once and DoneOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014If you enjoy dining while a variety of 4 letter words are yelled out, suppressing any conversation then this is your kind of dining establishment. The "dining" chairs are simply uncomfortable folding chairs that are dirty and stained with no help for the rocky table.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/25/2014This was our first time here. The food was great. The waitress and chef were very helpful in working around my food allergies. We especially liked all of the specials (1/2 price appetizers, 1/2 price bottle of wine, etc.) We will be going back!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchDonnaDined on 4/20/2014We went to the Wise Boxer Pour House (wish I knew where its name came from) for Easter Brunch. The food was good, the staff were all very pleasant. Seating for 5 was a little bit of a challenge - we were placed in large booth. Brunch menu had a lot of variety from breakfast items through to dessert. Not sure we each ate $24.95 worth though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/12/2014Nice variety to the menu. Solid service and great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodnapervilleDined on 4/12/2014The food was great. It's a casual restaurant with great tasting food.
- Great lunchokayVIPDined on 4/6/2014Had a great lunch, the menu had a number of wonderful and interesting choices and we both enjoyed our chicken sandwiches. My friend's poblano chicken was huge. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMarkVIPDined on 4/5/2014Food, service and atmosphere were terrific. We're going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet night outTableForTwoDined on 4/4/2014We were just looking for something different and to go have a nice quiet dinner. This place worked perfect! It's not a place that's too fancy for it's own good so you can feel comfortable. The wine/beer list was great. It was a Friday night and they had great drink and food specials. Our food was great and we enjoyed it. We did hear that they are looking to remodel and change some of the former black fin decor and style. I guess the local Two Brothers Brewing is a part of that as well. Should be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls' nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2014We had a great time and the food was very good. Upstairs room really quite cold by the windows. Being cold the whole time was the only downside.Special Features:
- Disapointed!Letmedown1Dined on 3/22/2014Booked reservation for 12 on a Saturday night and we were placed on the 3rd floor. The 3rd floor was dirty and dingy, no bathroom, bar was very poorly stocked and the bartender also serves as your waiter. I will say he did his best to keep up, but every 10 minutes he left to get something from downstairs. Wine selection by the bottle was limited because they run specials on Friday and Saturday and were out of the 1st two selections we requested, draft beer is a specialty but some of those were out as well. The food is very good, and I would go back for that but only with 1-4 people, If you have a group, recommend you dont go on Saturday (don't let them seat you on 3rd floor) as food/wine/beer selection is limited.Special Features:
- Good eats....little more ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Good eats....little more of a bar atmosphere than I had hoped for, but the chef was creative and did some pretty cool stuff. Nice to see someone step out a little and dress up dinner with new combinationsSpecial Features:
- Would definitely returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014It was Friday during Lent so we all had seafood, tilapia was great and the mashed sweet potatoes were so yummy! Salmon and scallops were good too. Portion sizes were large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there......HeatherC78VIPDined on 3/15/2014I was very happy with the food & wine list. I'm rarely out in Naperville but when I am I will definitely stop back here. The food was wonderful & the wine being half off a bottle was a steal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must place to go! GreatOktoberfestVIPDined on 3/14/2014A must place to go! Great selection of menu items, excellent service, reasonable pricing.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/14/2014I've been here twice, once for lunch and once for dinner and both meals were excellent. The Tropic Topic salad is amazing! The Buffalo Flatbread was too. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great casual place, withdoctorjVIPDined on 3/8/2014A great casual place, with interesting burgers and half price bottles of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time experienceRustyDined on 3/8/2014First time visitor from out of town and was very impressed. Collene was out server and she was very attentive, friendly, and very helpful with suggestions on what to order. I would recommend this restaurant/bar to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time!PattyDined on 3/7/2014We had a group of 9 for dinner. The food was really good; the prices were very reasonable, and we were pleasanly surprised to find that wine (bootles) were half-price on Fridays and Saturdays (we went on a Friday). Our waitress was great; attentive but also left alone enough to talk and laugh. Perfect for a casual, good meal.Special Features:
- Excellent Overallltk11Dined on 3/1/2014The beers are good, the food is excellent and the decor is cool and comfortable. The only drawback is too many TV screens. The screens are for the sports bar vibe, but the food and environment is much more upscale. A bit of a disconnect there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had 16 out for dinner.dine2chatDined on 2/28/2014We had 16 out for dinner. We even requested for separate checks. The waitress was friendly and kept up with our drink orders. She was wonderful. The atmosphere was energetic but not too loud where we had to shout to hear well. Great time was had by everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 16 - Excellent servicejbrfclar2007Dined on 2/20/2014I'm part of a large group of friends and we made a reservation for 10 for Wise Boxer, having heard great things from reviewers online and sites like MetroMix. The night before they called to confirm the reservation and were perfectly happy to adjust it to accommodate to our growing size. We had 16 total, and when we arrived, the table was ready and we had practically a whole room to ourselves upstairs. They had excellent beer and liquor specials - we went on a Thursday (not sure if they change) and they had $3 Blue Moons, $5 margaritas, and $5 bottle drafts for most. Joey was our server and he was amazing. It was refreshing to receive such incredible service despite our large size. Amazing and definitely recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good enoughhappydinerVIPDined on 2/15/2014the food was very good pub fair and the prices were reasonable ...if you are in the downtown Naperville area it's worth going to but not worth driving then parking then walking...especially in bad weatherSpecial Features: