The Winery Restaurant
642 Main Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Winery Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://winery-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 970-242-4100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jim Keith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Located in the Historic Downtown Shopping District; enjoy one of the nation's premiere art on the corner programs, street fairs and entertainers on Main Street!
- Cross Street: 7th Street
- Public Transit: In front of the building on Main Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking is available on Main Street or the is a very large parking lot behind our restaurant on Rood Ave. (one block to the north) Park there and look for the building that is covered in grapevines.
A word from The Winery Restaurant
The Winery Restaurant has been an icon among western Colorado restaurants for over 35 years. The restaurant makes its home in a 95 year old building that used to house a horse drawn fire station. A gas lamp lit, grapevine canopied alley frames this romantic location perfectly. The beautifully remodeled building contains flowered stain glass windows, barn wood and bricks. Steve Thoms acquired the restaurant in late June of 2004 after taking a couple of years off from his previous restaurant. His mission at he Winery is simple: Show the restaurant and its patrons the attention that they deserve. Use only top quality ingredients, and establish The Winery as the premiere restaurant in the Grand Junction area. The Winery provides a variety of steaks, chicken, pork and fresh seafood specials nightly in an atmosphere that can not be rivaled anywhere!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Winery Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Grand Junction ›
The Winery Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)romantic (14)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The steaks were not cooked as requested and really overpriced for what we got. The steak the was requested medium was on the rare side and the medium rare steak was overcooked.
- Would I return - Heck Yes.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a place where the ‘turn and burn’ philosophy is checked at the door. The staff did a good job to make sure I didn’t feel rushed. Tables that had diners who lingered were tended to nicely. If you like blue cheese, I would recommend the featured martini (with blue cheese stuffed olives) to begin your dining experience. For my appetizer, I had the al a-cart scallop that was cooked to perfection. The blue cheese crusted filet was well worth the evening / quite possibly one of the best I've had outside of New York City or Chicago. If you’re not a steak person, the menu also has a nice balance of seafood choices (shrimp, sustainable salmon, etc), pork and pasta. Gluten-free items are highlighted too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This is our go to spot for our Anniversary every year, and The Winery NEVER disappoints us!! Great food, exceptional service and romantic ambiance. It's the best!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a group of 10 people and everything was amazing. The food was fantastic as was the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townwineryDined on 6/21/2014The Winery is always the best restaurant in town. It is expensive, but we always get a great dinner with great service. For a special dinner at a fine restaurant, there is no better dining establishment in Grand Junction.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantMrsADined on 6/14/2014My husband and I were given a gift card for The Winery for our wedding. We went on a Saturday evening and had a great time. The food was fantastic, the staff was great, and the atmosphere was wonderful. We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOmuraDined on 6/7/2014Great experience for our 39th anniversary. Our table was out on the patio. They had live music and a wonderful singer.Special Features:
- expensive- especially drinksJacksonDined on 5/25/2014While the food and drinks were good, the meal was expensive. The drinks were good, but again very expensive. My wife and I shared a meal, and my son and his fiance each had their own meal. We each had a drink, and two had a second. Our bill was $185, and with a tip, we were well over $200 for 3 meals and a drink. We won't go back soon.
- AMAZINGLoushinDined on 5/18/2014The service was friendly, fast, prompt, and the food was outstanding. Perfectly prepared. I had a reservation at 6pm, and knew I'd be late, so I called and the hostess was very friendly, and professional, and was able to move my reservation from 6pm to 6:15pm.Special Features:
- very good but kind of noisylucyDined on 5/11/2014The food was very good, but all the wood in the place with a busy night made it kind of hard to hear the others at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upper scale restaurantDireCorgiDined on 4/26/2014I have long considered The Winery to be the finest dining experience in the Grand Valley. The food is always excellent, the medieval monastic feel is nice, and the servers are very friendly. I'm sure they have a great wine list as well, but I don't drink wine often enough to say much about that. This restaurant is best for a romantic night out such as an anniversary, probably not so much for bringing the kids. The downside is the food is quite costly but I find that worth it for the rare special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRyanDined on 4/23/2014We had a wonderful time. The Winery was an excellent experience.Special Features:
- The following 163 reviews are from the The Winery Restaurant reviews archive.
- Gem of Grand Junction, COfoodieonwheelsDined on 4/20/2014Winery is set in a neat old building downtown, that we decided to try for Easter dinner. Staff was very courteous and accommodating even for me in wheelchair and with my 4yo niece. Easter Dinner Special was a generous Salmon filet that I was told was very good. I chose the mixed grill (beef tenderloin medallions and scallops) even though I am not a big scallop eater, and I have to say the beef tenderloins with mushroom/wine sauce was EXCELLENT and the scallops with pesto were the best scallops I have ever had. We did not get an appetizer or dessert as we had been munching all day and the main courses were plenty. I would highly recommend The Winery for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My steak was $54 dollars,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014My steak was $54 dollars, and was just so, so. I expect a steak at that price to be outstanding. We will not be returning:(
- My husband and I had a verylovetogooutDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I had a very nice time at the restaurant. We had a great waiter, who was very personable. The food was excellent. I had the smoked salmon fettuccini and my husband had the blackened salmon. We had a nice bottle of pinot from Elk Cove, OR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdorableSunshinebear777Dined on 3/28/2014I love this little restaurant with its old-vintage charm. Staff were friendly and attentive. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerLocalsDined on 3/8/2014Steve and his staff made our anniversary dinner very memorable. Drinks, appetizers, dinner & desert were exceptional.Special Features:
- A new favoriteMtHermitDined on 2/14/2014The food was wonderful. There was a multitude of tasty options on the menu but it was trumped by the daily specials for Valentines Day. The slow cooked pork shank was flavorful and tender, the halibut was likewise spectacular. The portions were large and we were served by an attentive and knowledgeable waiter. After such a feast, we thought there could be no more that we could ask for. Our waiter suggested a dessert and we impressed by the variety and unique nature of the dessert selections. We followed his advice and had the chocolate mousse with chocaolate ganache and it was one of the best desserts that we have had. This is definitely a new favorite dining spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014The Winery is always a treat. I have never had a mediocre meal there in the many years I've used this restaurant for special occasions- over 30 years! Their steaks are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014We came to celebrate our team and had a great night! Our server, Rob, was great to us and made our time more enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed resultsLizzieDined on 1/8/2014I had a filet mignon which was wonderful. The Caesar Salad before was excellent. My companion had the halibut, but it was overcooked and had too much lemon on it. He enjoyed the rest of the meal including the toffee ice cream dessert. I really liked my waiter and the staff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- PricingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I thought that the value to price ratio was a bit steep. The food was excellent but just didn't justify the prices.Special Features:
- Amazing food, even better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013We started with the crab stuffed portabello mushrooms and the bacon wrapped scallops. These where amazing as where the steaks that came next. Perfectly cooked and excellent quality. Our server took pride in his work and it showed. Great experience throughout the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacemileDined on 12/27/2013Most romantic restaurant in Grand Jinction and the service is/was exceptional! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantJugoDined on 12/21/2013All the staff were friendly and helpful, the food was the very definition of delicious.Special Features:
- Early Christmas celebrationDukeDined on 12/21/2013We live in Phoenix and wanted to celebrate an early holiday with our son and his fiancé. Our normal visits include dining out at Enzo's , Kannah Creek, Naggy's Irish Pub and The Ale House. This restaurant fit the what we wanted in a new experience with different options and great food. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a special occasionCosmoDined on 12/19/2013Enjoyed a special occasion here. The food was some of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againunimpressedincoDined on 12/14/2013There was a loud and obnoxious wedding party in the center of the room. Every few minutes the flash was going off. Dont they have a private room for that kind of thing? Furthermore, the food and wine were way below my expectations.
- Old Town Special PlaceDogbonezDined on 12/13/2013We visit The Winery when ever we travel to grand Junction. It is special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasions.BirdDined on 12/6/2013Great place for special occasions. We will go back and try the outdoor area this next summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent on all accountsbobngjDined on 12/1/2013excellent on all accounts except one. For a meal for three at 300.00 dollars I was really disappointed with the screw cap wine from two rivers. Reminds me of my Ripple and Annie Greensprings days. However, Ripple wasn't forty-eight a bottle either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantfoodfan59Dined on 11/7/2013This is a great place to eat with a nice wine list and awesome food. The ambiance is also nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the restaurant...wodiner14VIPDined on 10/27/2013Disappointed in the restaurant...would not go back. More of an older crowd.
- The WineryMichaelDined on 10/19/2013Excellent food & ambiance. Romantic with exceptional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNascarman75Dined on 10/15/2013This was my third time to the restaurant. It was spectacular--from the bar tender to the wait staff, every element of the experience was great. We even got to sample Rocky Mountain oysters! In how many restaurants can you have that experience? The bar is relatively small and quaint--perfect for a pre-meal drink. I don't really have a complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JeannieDined on 10/13/2013Definitely one of the best restaurants in the country! Both my husband and I strongly recommend The Winery.Special Features:
- PerfecttrezDined on 10/5/2013We sat on the outdoor patio and enjoyed every second of it. The service was top notch, and our waiter was wonderful. He had a great personality, and was very attentive without being overpowering. The wine selection was great, especially considering our group being really into wine in general. The food was prepared with great care, everything was very fresh (from apps through dinner). I wouldn't hesitate to go back or to recommend the restaurant to anyone looking for a great dining experience in Grand Junction.Special Features:
- Outdatedchipeta555Dined on 10/4/2013Unfortunately, I will not go back. Food was covered in butter and the atmosphere is very outdated.
- The Winery RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2013My wife and I had a superb dinner at the winery. The beef tenderloin was tender, flavorful and cooked to perfection. Our server suggested an excellent bottle of wine to accompany the meal. I will definitely return on any future trips to Grand Junction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot for outdoor diningJanetDined on 9/21/2013Enjoyed the patio tucked between buildings preventing any wind from disturbing the experience. The duo on the keyboard and guitar were just right to set the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.