The Winery Restaurant
642 Main Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Winery Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://winery-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 970-242-4100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jim Keith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Located in the Historic Downtown Shopping District; enjoy one of the nation's premiere art on the corner programs, street fairs and entertainers on Main Street!
- Cross Street: 7th Street
- Public Transit: In front of the building on Main Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking is available on Main Street or the is a very large parking lot behind our restaurant on Rood Ave. (one block to the north) Park there and look for the building that is covered in grapevines.
A word from The Winery Restaurant
The Winery Restaurant has been an icon among western Colorado restaurants for over 35 years. The restaurant makes its home in a 95 year old building that used to house a horse drawn fire station. A gas lamp lit, grapevine canopied alley frames this romantic location perfectly. The beautifully remodeled building contains flowered stain glass windows, barn wood and bricks. Steve Thoms acquired the restaurant in late June of 2004 after taking a couple of years off from his previous restaurant. His mission at he Winery is simple: Show the restaurant and its patrons the attention that they deserve. Use only top quality ingredients, and establish The Winery as the premiere restaurant in the Grand Junction area. The Winery provides a variety of steaks, chicken, pork and fresh seafood specials nightly in an atmosphere that can not be rivaled anywhere!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Winery Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Grand Junction ›
The Winery Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)notable wine list (14)romantic (13)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Our Grand Junction gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014This has become our favorite restaurant The food is always good, except that this time my husband ordered one of their prized aged beef steaks, and it was very dry and tough. We always have excellent food here, which really surprised us, and especially so since this was one of their most expensive meals offered. But, we will go back, as we have never been disappointed before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Very enjoyable evening. Service was great. water glass always full. Very helpful/knowledgeable waiter. Everyone very friendly.Special Features:
- Nice for a special occasioneatoutalotDined on 10/16/2014This is a very good restaurant. Unfortunately, since it is quite expensive, we would not go more than on occasion. The service was slow for our taste but I suppose some people like a lot of time between courses. Keeps you hungry at least.Special Features:
- great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The food is always really good and the service is excellent. The atmosphere is fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No prime ribJCeatsDined on 10/3/2014we went there for a family member's birthday all of us wanted prime rib. The waiter gave us some lame excuse about why they didn't serve prime rib anymorethe restaurant we went to in Denver two days later I'm somehow been able to manage to figure out how to serve prime rib
- PRICEYUnderbogeyAZDined on 9/30/2014Food is excellent and service is fine. Very nice restaurant but we would not return unless we won the Powerball!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedtomnhallieDined on 9/21/2014This was our 4th or 5th visit and I must say it was exceptional! Food and service (Ty, I believe) were excellent - better than on previous occasions. Menu selections were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchenSteveTVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have eaten at the Winery for several years during the Wine Festival and have enjoyed it every time. This trip was disappointing. The kitchen was very slow. It took 30 minutes for our entrees to arrive after our salads. The restaurant was only half full. The food was good, but not exceptional. Will have to think twice about going back again.
- Awesome as usual!smithdonnacDined on 9/19/2014The Winery is a wonderfully classic restaurant in downtown Grand Junction. The ambiance is warm and rustic with an elegant twist. The owner is extremely personable as is all the staff we encountered. The food is wonderful with some unexpected and pleasing combinations including a respectable wine list. I've dined at The Winery several times and have never been disappointed. Great food, service, staff and wine . . . what's not to love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Not great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food was amazing, the service was great, but for even a group of six we were too loud to some diners. We weren't trying to be rude, but some of us aren't the quietest of people anyways, so we ended up being.Special Features:
- Service was excellent!JuneDined on 9/7/2014Great food and amazing service. Waiter was very personable and it was a very enjoyable and relaxing evening. Definitely would visit again.Special Features:
- The WineryLsquaredDined on 8/23/2014First time there..liked the place, the menu and we had a really good server. Only downside is my wife had the Halibut and there was way too lemon juice in the sauce. In retrospect we should have sent it back. I had the veal but would have preferred it not be breaded. I would like to go back to try the Salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The steaks were not cooked as requested and really overpriced for what we got. The steak the was requested medium was on the rare side and the medium rare steak was overcooked.
- Would I return - Heck Yes.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a place where the ‘turn and burn’ philosophy is checked at the door. The staff did a good job to make sure I didn’t feel rushed. Tables that had diners who lingered were tended to nicely. If you like blue cheese, I would recommend the featured martini (with blue cheese stuffed olives) to begin your dining experience. For my appetizer, I had the al a-cart scallop that was cooked to perfection. The blue cheese crusted filet was well worth the evening / quite possibly one of the best I've had outside of New York City or Chicago. If you’re not a steak person, the menu also has a nice balance of seafood choices (shrimp, sustainable salmon, etc), pork and pasta. Gluten-free items are highlighted too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This is our go to spot for our Anniversary every year, and The Winery NEVER disappoints us!! Great food, exceptional service and romantic ambiance. It's the best!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a group of 10 people and everything was amazing. The food was fantastic as was the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 171 reviews are from the The Winery Restaurant reviews archive.
- Best in townwineryDined on 6/21/2014The Winery is always the best restaurant in town. It is expensive, but we always get a great dinner with great service. For a special dinner at a fine restaurant, there is no better dining establishment in Grand Junction.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantMrsADined on 6/14/2014My husband and I were given a gift card for The Winery for our wedding. We went on a Saturday evening and had a great time. The food was fantastic, the staff was great, and the atmosphere was wonderful. We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOmuraDined on 6/7/2014Great experience for our 39th anniversary. Our table was out on the patio. They had live music and a wonderful singer.Special Features:
- expensive- especially drinksJacksonDined on 5/25/2014While the food and drinks were good, the meal was expensive. The drinks were good, but again very expensive. My wife and I shared a meal, and my son and his fiance each had their own meal. We each had a drink, and two had a second. Our bill was $185, and with a tip, we were well over $200 for 3 meals and a drink. We won't go back soon.
- AMAZINGLoushinDined on 5/18/2014The service was friendly, fast, prompt, and the food was outstanding. Perfectly prepared. I had a reservation at 6pm, and knew I'd be late, so I called and the hostess was very friendly, and professional, and was able to move my reservation from 6pm to 6:15pm.Special Features:
- very good but kind of noisylucyDined on 5/11/2014The food was very good, but all the wood in the place with a busy night made it kind of hard to hear the others at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upper scale restaurantDireCorgiDined on 4/26/2014I have long considered The Winery to be the finest dining experience in the Grand Valley. The food is always excellent, the medieval monastic feel is nice, and the servers are very friendly. I'm sure they have a great wine list as well, but I don't drink wine often enough to say much about that. This restaurant is best for a romantic night out such as an anniversary, probably not so much for bringing the kids. The downside is the food is quite costly but I find that worth it for the rare special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRyanDined on 4/23/2014We had a wonderful time. The Winery was an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Gem of Grand Junction, COfoodieonwheelsDined on 4/20/2014Winery is set in a neat old building downtown, that we decided to try for Easter dinner. Staff was very courteous and accommodating even for me in wheelchair and with my 4yo niece. Easter Dinner Special was a generous Salmon filet that I was told was very good. I chose the mixed grill (beef tenderloin medallions and scallops) even though I am not a big scallop eater, and I have to say the beef tenderloins with mushroom/wine sauce was EXCELLENT and the scallops with pesto were the best scallops I have ever had. We did not get an appetizer or dessert as we had been munching all day and the main courses were plenty. I would highly recommend The Winery for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My steak was $54 dollars,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014My steak was $54 dollars, and was just so, so. I expect a steak at that price to be outstanding. We will not be returning:(
- My husband and I had a verylovetogooutDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I had a very nice time at the restaurant. We had a great waiter, who was very personable. The food was excellent. I had the smoked salmon fettuccini and my husband had the blackened salmon. We had a nice bottle of pinot from Elk Cove, OR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdorableSunshinebear777Dined on 3/28/2014I love this little restaurant with its old-vintage charm. Staff were friendly and attentive. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerLocalsDined on 3/8/2014Steve and his staff made our anniversary dinner very memorable. Drinks, appetizers, dinner & desert were exceptional.Special Features:
- A new favoriteMtHermitDined on 2/14/2014The food was wonderful. There was a multitude of tasty options on the menu but it was trumped by the daily specials for Valentines Day. The slow cooked pork shank was flavorful and tender, the halibut was likewise spectacular. The portions were large and we were served by an attentive and knowledgeable waiter. After such a feast, we thought there could be no more that we could ask for. Our waiter suggested a dessert and we impressed by the variety and unique nature of the dessert selections. We followed his advice and had the chocolate mousse with chocaolate ganache and it was one of the best desserts that we have had. This is definitely a new favorite dining spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014The Winery is always a treat. I have never had a mediocre meal there in the many years I've used this restaurant for special occasions- over 30 years! Their steaks are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014We came to celebrate our team and had a great night! Our server, Rob, was great to us and made our time more enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed resultsLizzieDined on 1/8/2014I had a filet mignon which was wonderful. The Caesar Salad before was excellent. My companion had the halibut, but it was overcooked and had too much lemon on it. He enjoyed the rest of the meal including the toffee ice cream dessert. I really liked my waiter and the staff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- PricingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I thought that the value to price ratio was a bit steep. The food was excellent but just didn't justify the prices.Special Features:
- Amazing food, even better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013We started with the crab stuffed portabello mushrooms and the bacon wrapped scallops. These where amazing as where the steaks that came next. Perfectly cooked and excellent quality. Our server took pride in his work and it showed. Great experience throughout the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacemileDined on 12/27/2013Most romantic restaurant in Grand Jinction and the service is/was exceptional! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantJugoDined on 12/21/2013All the staff were friendly and helpful, the food was the very definition of delicious.Special Features:
- Early Christmas celebrationDukeDined on 12/21/2013We live in Phoenix and wanted to celebrate an early holiday with our son and his fiancé. Our normal visits include dining out at Enzo's , Kannah Creek, Naggy's Irish Pub and The Ale House. This restaurant fit the what we wanted in a new experience with different options and great food. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a special occasionCosmoDined on 12/19/2013Enjoyed a special occasion here. The food was some of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againunimpressedincoDined on 12/14/2013There was a loud and obnoxious wedding party in the center of the room. Every few minutes the flash was going off. Dont they have a private room for that kind of thing? Furthermore, the food and wine were way below my expectations.