The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin
2647 Park Avenue
Tustin, CA 92782Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thewineryrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 7142587600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm - 6:30pm, Monday - Thursday: 9:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 9:00pm - 11:30pm & Sundays: ALL-DAY 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yvon Goetz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar holds monthly Wine Tastings, Wine-Maker Dinners, Cigar Dinners and Social Events. Inquiry for more information.
- Cross Street: Jamboree/Barranca
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: There are 40 valet spots & plenty of open parking adjacent to the building. The Winery also offers a shuttle style Limo/Town car service for a minimal fee.
Complimentary Valet offered during lunch service, Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:30pm
A word from The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar is the newest addition to The District in Tustin. The interior promises a hip, lively & sophisticated atmosphere, with dark woods, leather and velvet bar stools. The state-of-the-art 7,500 bottle cellar IS one of the largest in Orange County. The Winery Restaurant & Bar is open daily for lunch & dinner & features a wine tasting bar with a full bar menu and cigar patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin - Best Restaurants in Tustin ›
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (59)special occasion (55)romantic (44)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (14)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We spent our 6 wedding anniversary at the Winery. We have done this for the last 3 years. Their attention to detail is impeccable. They even kept track of what table we had last year and sat us there again. Will and staff set the bar for first class service and the food is always perfect. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieForSureDined on 8/29/2014The food and service was great. This is the second time however that you didn't have us checked in and open table said we didn't honor our reservation which was incorrect. I noticed the girl at the front desk was a little pre-occupied and she was a little impatient when we asked her if everyone in our party had arrived. She acted like we were bothering her. This was unusual because everyone else was so nice and always is when we are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2014We went to celebrate my birthday and they went out of their way to make it very special. Dinner was outstanding. We had the scallops and shrimp over a creamy jasmine rice with saffron and prosciutto. We had the half bottle of the Sonoma Cutrer 2012 Russian River Ranches Chardonay which was a very nice pairing. A special birthday dessert was presented to us. They made the dinner a wonderful and memorable event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced average foodLRfoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014We went to The Winery on a Monday night to celebrate a birthday. The service was good but the food was bland and not overly hot. There are multiple options for an expensive meal and I would suggest picking a restaurant that provides a higher level of food quality.
- Impress Your GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We have been to both Winery locations, Tustin and Newport Beach. They are both an exceptional experience in food, wine and service. On this occasion my parents, my wife and I were celebrating my parents 46th wedding anniversary. The service and food did not disappoint. My parents felt so extraordinarily spoiled. It was a great evening. We can always trust this restaurant's staff to provide the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!FoodieDined on 8/16/2014The Winery is consistently perfect with their service, excellent food and fabulous wine selection.Special Features:
- CelebrationGratitudeDined on 8/9/2014The staff at The Winery treated us like we were their VIP guests for the evening, with a manager coming to introduce himself to us and chatting with us for a little while. Upon learning we were there for our 15th anniversary, they brought out champagne to help us celebrate while we nibbled at our cheeseboard with charcuterie. They continued with excellent service throughout the night, even creating an off-menu plate for me when I couldn't decide between the scallops and fillet. The risotto was divine, as was the cheesecake. My fillet and scallops were made to perfection, and my husband's lamb was so tender I almost cried. We sipped and dined unhurriedly, talking quietly, listening to the jazzy-acoustic live music, enjoying our occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceWinersDinersVIPDined on 8/8/2014My friends and I have been dining at The Winery in Tustin since it opened in 2007. From happy hours to birthday celebrations to anniversaries, The Winery has always been consistent in its food quality as well as service. In a recent visit, our server made our dining experience special - she was vivacious, gregarious, and went above and beyond... Thank you, Natalie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service!PDARNDined on 8/8/2014We had Madison as our server, prior to theatre at the Segerstrom-she was positively charming and even gave us the shortest route, via her shortcuts! Great food and the Shiraz by The Boyz the best ever! Highly recommend the wine AND the restaurant !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014For some unexplained reason, I choose this restaurant to celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary at The Winery after never dining here before. It was definitively a wise, or incredibly lucky, choice because I couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. Absolute perfection from the valet attendant, hostess, busboy, waitress, sommelier and the manager. Food, drink, service and atmosphere excellent. Do not hesitate to come her for any occasion, especially special events. Thank you one and all at The Winery in Tustin for making my anniversary a fantastic evening. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Great First ExperiencePhantomSDined on 8/2/2014Had an amazing first night at this restaurant. Great recommendations plus great service plus great atmosphere made the experience an absolute delight!Special Features:
- Upscale Restaurant that lacks MUCH!EnjoyfinedingingDined on 7/25/2014Ambiance is amazing and elegant, yet it lacks in many other areas. To being never offered a basket of bread like all other tables around us were enjoying. Caesar Salad was tasteless as there was barely any dressing. My mother and husband had the scallops and shrimp with risotto, scallops were mushy, not cooked and shrimp was rubbery.. overcooked. Waitstaff was informed and one of the meals was removed from bill. ( both meals were the same but they only took off one of them) I had the Rib-eye with bone in ordered it medium rare it was cooked perfectly inside however the outside was chard/burnt. nothing like eating a bite of a $49 steak and having a mouthful of burnt charcoal not pleasing or appetizing. Felt forgotten by staff. It was sad.Special Features:
- carrDined on 7/23/2014White wine was served at room temp. Preferred chilled. Waiter was good.Special Features:
- Wine pairing/serving needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014Wine pairing isn't something they know how to do. Most wines aren't available by glass, not even the ones listed on the menu next to the food. For both our starters and entrees we had to wait for the wines up to 5 minutes so that we could start eating. The food was mediocre at best, it is hard to find top quality restaurants in SoCal but even Andre was better.Special Features:
- Great NightGuffdudeDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I have eaten here twice while in Orange County. Excellent food and service both times.Special Features:
- excellent service, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2014service was top notch, ambience is perfect and they went out of their way to make things special for my husband and I anniversary. the food was quality, calamari with excellent. The pork chop was dry had a very distinct flavor sauce, of which I didn't like. But you could tell it was high quality. Husband take was fantastic but he paid $65 for it I'm not sure the meat was really worth that much, but it was good nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, amazing service.GrgichfanDined on 7/5/2014Great wine list. Gourmet food. Perfect atmosphere for groups or romantic setting. Love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Was running late because of the traffic on 5 highway but table was still reserved for my guest. Food was great and waitress was very knowledge of the food she was servicing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great food a mustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2014I get to eat a many of the big named steak / seafood chains with my job and the Winery beats them all in food and service. Great place and we will be back many times!Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceRhinoDined on 6/21/2014The food and the service is incredible! Will keep coming back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent!DennisfromIrvineDined on 6/20/2014I've been to the Winery (Tustin location) about 15 times over the years and it is consistently a top notch experience every time. The service is amazing, the food consistently excellent and the ambiance perfect. A great place for a special occasion, a date you're trying to impress, a night out with good friends or a "Thank you" dinner for your employees. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014the food was ok service was great! my salad was forgettable with so little seared tuna I was sorry i picked it for an entree.Special Features:
- Always great!8thnoteVIPDined on 6/18/2014Best heirloom tomatoes and burrata cheese!! Great service from Andrew! Venison that you can cut with a fork.Special Features:
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014The Winery has long been one of our favorite "go to" places when you feel like going out for a special occasion. A 5-star establishment in every category. Worth a try and definitely worth the money. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!FoodloverDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband to dinner at The Winery for Father's Day since our kids were MIA. We live in Riverside and feel the dining experience here is definitely worth the drive. We've also eaten at the Newport location and it is just as good. As with our previous visits, the food was delicious. I had the rack of lamb and it was unbelievably tender and I loved the seasonings on it. My husband had the lobster and risotto and ate every bite! Service was friendly and attentive. This is definitely one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're there for the foodlov2dineDined on 6/14/2014We seek out special dining spots to equal our 'special' occasions. This one, a 50th Wedding Anniversary for two extra dear friends. The Winery in Tustin was the perfect choice. The covered patio was the ideal location on this beautiful early summer evening. David was the perfect server and the entire evening became a most memorable evening! Since I had requested a quiet location, so that we could talk and easily hear one another , the hostess knew exactly where to seat us for both comfort and ease of conversation. The covered patio was just right! Later, the overhead heaters dispelled the brisk late evening. Inside, the restaurant was 'hopping' and filled with energy and live music! Outside, our meal was XLNT and David's service, awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningdivineDined on 6/8/2014The short ribs were extremely tender and melted in your mouth. The cauliflower and brussel sprouts were extraordinary. We will want to try some other dishes upon our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun birthday lunch!LunchloverVIPDined on 6/6/2014It was my friend's birthday and I took her here for lunch. We sat on the patio and had a wonderful lunch. Madison was our server and she was very attentive. The food was excellent! The jumbo shrimp and organic quinoa salad was superb, as was the beef tenderloin stroganoff! We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Best Service everOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/4/2014Without question the service level was well beyond expectations.Special Features:
- The following 884 reviews are from the The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin reviews archive.
- Great food, service, very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/20/2014The rack of lamb was the best ever and the wine list is also excellent. Top draw service. The big downside was the noise level of the piped in music. it is way too loud. If you are in a group of 4 or more you might find it difficult to converse over the loud music. I would think twice about returning.Special Features:
- Thank you!hotpinkVIPDined on 5/16/2014It is always a pleasure to wine and dine at The Winery! Exceptional service and exquisite food & drinks! I strongly recommend this restaurant to EVERYBODY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior ServiceOCDinerDined on 5/14/2014The service is the star here. From the hostess, to the wait staff, to the sommelier, all the employees made us feel welcome and provided efficient, yet unobtrusive service. The tables feel like they are bit packed-in, but, in general, it was a great place to hold our business dinner. The food was also very good, nearly five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayHungryDined on 5/11/2014We were seated on time and had a wonderful lunch. The attitude of everyone we had contact with was "how can I help you" They do a great job training their people.Special Features:
- always amazingSLdinersVIPDined on 5/10/2014The menu is superb but the specials are even better! They are so creative! Service is impeccable. They clearly are passionate about food, wine and providing the best dining experience for their fortunate patrons.Special Features:
- Good foodJAEdwardsDined on 5/10/2014The Winery is a convenient restaurant for us. Food is good as well as cocktails to desert. Can get pretty loud at dinner service. Servers and management are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.JmanbroDined on 5/9/2014I've eaten here a couple times and everytime we come its an epic dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get in, eat & drink, get outAshKashVIPDined on 5/9/2014The Winery has a great selection of wines including one of our favorites, Duckhorn. But while they claim to have some of the lowest markups in OC, I'm not sure I would agree with them. Nonetheless, the service is top notch. Servers and staff checking in you regularly and ensuring everything is to your satisfaction. However, I felt like they were trying to get us to place our food order quickly even though the server stated there was no rush. We wanted to enjoy our cocktails and take our time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. A decent experience, not without some minor mishaps. I would visit there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, some reservationsminerva2607Dined on 5/7/2014The best things were the overall quality of the food (particularly the starters and the excellent cooking of the meats), the generosity of the portions, the reasonably priced wine list, & the quietness (though it wasn't a particularly busy night). One negative was the low light. Two of our party had to use their keychain torches to read the menu, & it really wasn't easy to see what was on our plates. Another issue was the service. It was good, attentive, but we had a trainee being overseen by a supervisor. The trainee was very nervous, perhaps partly due to being watched, & had some mind blanks. We were all anxious for him to get it right. He was very pleasant, did a good job, as did the overseer, but it wasn't as relaxing as you'd expect.Special Features:
- Good wine menu/disappointing foodVeggieLover21Dined on 5/2/2014Very disappointed that the item I ordered was not at all as described on the menu.Special Features:
- Dinner at Winery 4/29/14WineryReviewDined on 4/29/2014Although I'd been to Winery in the past, I sort of forgot how lovely it is and was immediately impressed with the ambiance and that great feeling of "wow, this is going to be a special meal and evening!" Our server, Rafael, was friendly and helpful; Manager Spike was charming and accommodating. My meal (the white fish special from Hawaii) was outstanding and cooked to perfection, however, my dinnermate's chicken meal was a bit on the dry side. For my meal, as I am not a huge fan of risotto, Rafael quickly/easily recommended a different side of jasmine rice for my fish, which was perfect and delicious. All in all, we enjoyed our meal and the Russian River Pinot Noir I ordered was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.