The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin
2647 Park Avenue
Tustin, CA 92782Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thewineryrestaurant.net/
- Phone: (714) 258-7600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm - 6:30pm, Monday - Thursday: 9:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 9:00pm - 11:30pm & Sundays: ALL-DAY 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yvon Goetz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar holds monthly Wine Tastings, Wine-Maker Dinners, Cigar Dinners and Social Events. Inquiry for more information.
- Cross Street: Jamboree/Barranca
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: There are 40 valet spots & plenty of open parking adjacent to the building. The Winery also offers a shuttle style Limo/Town car service for a minimal fee.
Complimentary Valet offered during lunch service, Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:30pm
A word from The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar is the newest addition to The District in Tustin. The interior promises a hip, lively & sophisticated atmosphere, with dark woods, leather and velvet bar stools. The state-of-the-art 7,500 bottle cellar IS one of the largest in Orange County. The Winery Restaurant & Bar is open daily for lunch & dinner & features a wine tasting bar with a full bar menu and cigar patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin - Best Restaurants in Tustin ›
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (60)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (51)romantic (39)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (15)great for lunch (13)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!BooBooKakiDined on 11/20/2014I booked this special occassion for our 10 year wedding anniversary since I wanted to try something new. We were lucky enough to have been waited on by Madison and all of her recommendations were just fantastic. She recommended We started with the calamari which was a delight. It wasn't greasy or rubbery at all. My wife chose the "hot pot" and I chose the Maine scallops. Both were tasty and the presentation was on point. Oh the desserts!!! Oh the desserts!! We tried the creme brulee and the pumpkin cheesecake. Oh the desserts!Throughout the night, the staff was friendly and Spike (Manager) stopped by to check up on us. Overall it was a great experience and thanks for sharing in our anniversary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!knowneaterDined on 11/20/2014Went on a business lunch for three people at noon. I had the shrimp, scallops and risotto, everything was cooked perfect. Service was excellent, was even asked if my ice tea was OK as I was not drinking it that fast. Highly recommended this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY EVENING AT THE WINERYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014We took our family to celebrate our twin grandchildren's 16th Birthday. We had four teenagers total and 3 adults. The wait staff was excellent - especially our waiter,David, and the wine stewart. They paid special attention to to twins and made us all feel very special. The food was delicious - our grandchildren are foodies!!!! Although pork belly appetizer was not on our dinner menu, David ordered it from the bar for us. Yes, it was a lovely evening!!!! Arthur LeupoldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccablefoodiesigotherDined on 11/15/2014Always love the winery, customer service and food are great. They're always accommodating to whatever you need and they have great selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine list, great servicekfrafraVIPDined on 11/13/2014The story of how this place started is amazing. What they have managed to accomplish is amazing. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT Fine DiningNoisyDined on 11/13/2014Extremely noisy--combination of patrons and lousy jazz. Food very expensive but very good. Wines extremely pricey and white wine selection limited. Our first and last visit
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014William was outstanding. The service was fantastic. The food was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come Here OftenBarbieDined on 11/4/2014Came back again. Everytime we are in town we come here. Always excellent!Special Features:
- Eh!DateNightOutDined on 11/2/2014I gave this an Overall dining experience 3 STARS because i felt like the food should have been better. I ordered the Duck and was expecting excellence. I have had much better. My girlfriend ordered Surf and Turf which was not on the menu which came out to $85 for an 8oz fillet and lobster tail. Way too expensive in my mind. In addition, the lobster was over cooked. The service was fantastic. Our server Robert was friendly, knowledgable, and offered great suggestions. It was a good experience but i don't know if i will be going back.Special Features:
- Hometown FavoritePiterVIPDined on 10/25/2014It's feels like going home when we dine at The Winery, from the hostess to the server and everyone in between, we are greeted with smiles and the restaurant has a welcoming feel. Even better is the Chef's nightly delectable delicious creations, I'm never disappointed. Heirloom tomatoes, Lobster Tail over risotto with bacon wrapped asparagus - YUM!!! Enjoy this consistently great dining experience.Special Features:
- Top Notch!2OCGirlsDined on 10/24/2014Hands down the best experience ever. 5 years ago I met the person who now is my wife here on a blind date. 5 years later I book reservations on our 5 year anniversary. Nothing like I remeber it but then again I didn't pay attention all that much. This time around we sat inside and from the moment we sat down we were treated like royalty. This place is what I would consider upscale. I had the duck and it was my first time having duck & OMG it was incredible! My wife had the Lobster with Rosotto, just amazing. But the true treat was our waiter Miggy. Hands down the BEST! Recommended our wines and desert and even went out of he's way to give us a tour of the resturant. Next time we go back, & yes we will, I'm requesting him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bgturfDined on 10/18/2014staff was attentive to us from the begining. The sat us in the bar to reset our table (2 people lost out did not show up) as we were about to order they came and seated us at our table .The wine list was terrific and the selections of menu and specials were numerous. The food and service were top notch all evening..Special Features:
- Excellent waiter knew menu to a teeFANCYNANCYDined on 10/18/2014Waiters description of all dishes was second to none! Resaturant manager was truly visible through the evening checking to be sure all was good. Went over and above the call of duty when he brought a special dessert to the table after a guest of ours mentioned it was not on the menu (in jest). Made our night! Great guy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantKAPDiningDined on 10/18/2014Had a great experience dining for the first time. Server was very attentive without being intrusive. Menu items were diverse. The specials were unique. Food was delicious and served at optimal temperature. Would definitely recommend especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great experienceMywinerytimeoutDined on 10/17/2014This is my fourth time at The Winery. Twice for lunch and twice for dinner The menu is terrific and the food is excellent. Service is very, very good' We have nothing but 5 stars for the WinerySpecial Features:
- Love this placeDiningfor4Dined on 10/15/2014We have been to the Winery several times. From kids birthday (their choice) to a the most recent girls night out for appetizers, drinks and dessert. The service is always impeccable. The price is well worth the food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choiceimhenry8thDined on 10/15/2014The Winery was recommended by a friend since we didn't know much about the area. Wow, what a great choice! Food and ambience was great, as was the service. We got a last minute reservation (through Open Table) which was nice and the evening turned out splendid.Special Features:
- Love ItLovettDined on 10/10/2014Great meal, loved the place. Found our new favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShawnathesheltieDined on 10/10/2014The service is always stellar...drinks are good, food is better, the service, excellent. The manager checked on us many times.Special Features:
- Can't see, can't hear, but can eat.Love2eatDined on 10/5/2014Was here with group of 8 to celebrate birthday. Music was so loud, we couldn't have a conversation. The light was so dim, we couldn't read the menu. After 2 hours of arrival, we finally got our food, and it tasted good. It took forever before the waiter took our order. We had looked forward to hanging out with friends but due to noise level, conversations were challenging. Everyone in group agreed to not return to this place.Special Features:
- Perfect evening outAnothernightoutDined on 10/4/2014The service was superb. Everyone was friendly, courteous, right there when needed but not disruptive to our dining experience. The Ahi starter plate was the best that we have had. The Chilean Sea Bass was excellent and the wine was perfect. A great dinning experience which we will repeat again soon.Special Features:
- MixedCaliDined on 10/4/2014Attentive and friendly service. Food was generally ok however one of the oysters we ordered was dangerously off, steaks got mixed up and went to the wrong table spots and a side order was missed off the order completely. This is not a cheap place so you don't expect these kind of mistakes. I may try one more time but there are a lot of good alternatives in this price segment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianDined on 9/30/2014Great business lunches, two within 30 days. Round tables are excellent for conversing. Both were with five individuals and provided the perfect atmosphere for first-time introductions and to discuss the matters at hand. Lunch menu is eclectic with something for everyone. Soups are incredible. Service from Hostess to Server to Assistants was great, Manager stopped by both times. First class all the way without being stuffy.Special Features:
- Terrific!grtfoodDined on 9/26/2014It was our anniversary and we had not been to The Winery in a few years - what were we waiting for? Everything was terrific. The service was great. Andrew our server was attentive and very knowledgeable. Great personality - the manager checked on us - the entire staff looked happy and moved at an urgent pace. The food - everything was great! The oysters - some of the best I've ever had. Lobster tail delicious! Chilean Sea Bass outstanding. Dessert - yum! The wine perfect. I highly recommend The Winery - I won't wait so long to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, fantastic serviceKateDined on 9/22/2014Every time we are in the Tustin area for business we look forward to enjoying dinner at The Winery. Our server Rob C. was professional, knowledable and charming. His wine recommendations were superb. The elk steak and filet were perfectly prepared. The heirloom tomato salad did not disappoint. I would higly recommend The Winery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always specialSLdinersVIPDined on 9/21/2014We dine here often and it is always brilliant. They do an excellent job! Highly recommend the specials that are not on the menu.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerNewlywedDined on 9/20/2014Been wanting to try The Winery for a really long time. Celebrated my husbands birthday (date night). Gorgeous decor in restaurant, our server and those who were helping were very attentive, food was to die for--everything was seasoned perfectly--just tasty! We love food and from the presentation to every last bite was awesome. I had seabass--my husband had elk--never tasted elk like that--cant describe it-but just fabulous! Had some appetizers, martinis and a bottle of wine--can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We spent our 6 wedding anniversary at the Winery. We have done this for the last 3 years. Their attention to detail is impeccable. They even kept track of what table we had last year and sat us there again. Will and staff set the bar for first class service and the food is always perfect. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieForSureDined on 8/29/2014The food and service was great. This is the second time however that you didn't have us checked in and open table said we didn't honor our reservation which was incorrect. I noticed the girl at the front desk was a little pre-occupied and she was a little impatient when we asked her if everyone in our party had arrived. She acted like we were bothering her. This was unusual because everyone else was so nice and always is when we are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2014We went to celebrate my birthday and they went out of their way to make it very special. Dinner was outstanding. We had the scallops and shrimp over a creamy jasmine rice with saffron and prosciutto. We had the half bottle of the Sonoma Cutrer 2012 Russian River Ranches Chardonay which was a very nice pairing. A special birthday dessert was presented to us. They made the dinner a wonderful and memorable event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced average foodLRfoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014We went to The Winery on a Monday night to celebrate a birthday. The service was good but the food was bland and not overly hot. There are multiple options for an expensive meal and I would suggest picking a restaurant that provides a higher level of food quality.
- Impress Your GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We have been to both Winery locations, Tustin and Newport Beach. They are both an exceptional experience in food, wine and service. On this occasion my parents, my wife and I were celebrating my parents 46th wedding anniversary. The service and food did not disappoint. My parents felt so extraordinarily spoiled. It was a great evening. We can always trust this restaurant's staff to provide the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!FoodieDined on 8/16/2014The Winery is consistently perfect with their service, excellent food and fabulous wine selection.Special Features:
- CelebrationGratitudeDined on 8/9/2014The staff at The Winery treated us like we were their VIP guests for the evening, with a manager coming to introduce himself to us and chatting with us for a little while. Upon learning we were there for our 15th anniversary, they brought out champagne to help us celebrate while we nibbled at our cheeseboard with charcuterie. They continued with excellent service throughout the night, even creating an off-menu plate for me when I couldn't decide between the scallops and fillet. The risotto was divine, as was the cheesecake. My fillet and scallops were made to perfection, and my husband's lamb was so tender I almost cried. We sipped and dined unhurriedly, talking quietly, listening to the jazzy-acoustic live music, enjoying our occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceWinersDinersVIPDined on 8/8/2014My friends and I have been dining at The Winery in Tustin since it opened in 2007. From happy hours to birthday celebrations to anniversaries, The Winery has always been consistent in its food quality as well as service. In a recent visit, our server made our dining experience special - she was vivacious, gregarious, and went above and beyond... Thank you, Natalie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service!PDARNDined on 8/8/2014We had Madison as our server, prior to theatre at the Segerstrom-she was positively charming and even gave us the shortest route, via her shortcuts! Great food and the Shiraz by The Boyz the best ever! Highly recommend the wine AND the restaurant !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014For some unexplained reason, I choose this restaurant to celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary at The Winery after never dining here before. It was definitively a wise, or incredibly lucky, choice because I couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. Absolute perfection from the valet attendant, hostess, busboy, waitress, sommelier and the manager. Food, drink, service and atmosphere excellent. Do not hesitate to come her for any occasion, especially special events. Thank you one and all at The Winery in Tustin for making my anniversary a fantastic evening. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Great First ExperiencePhantomSDined on 8/2/2014Had an amazing first night at this restaurant. Great recommendations plus great service plus great atmosphere made the experience an absolute delight!Special Features:
- The following 902 reviews are from the The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar- Tustin reviews archive.
- Upscale Restaurant that lacks MUCH!EnjoyfinedingingDined on 7/25/2014Ambiance is amazing and elegant, yet it lacks in many other areas. To being never offered a basket of bread like all other tables around us were enjoying. Caesar Salad was tasteless as there was barely any dressing. My mother and husband had the scallops and shrimp with risotto, scallops were mushy, not cooked and shrimp was rubbery.. overcooked. Waitstaff was informed and one of the meals was removed from bill. ( both meals were the same but they only took off one of them) I had the Rib-eye with bone in ordered it medium rare it was cooked perfectly inside however the outside was chard/burnt. nothing like eating a bite of a $49 steak and having a mouthful of burnt charcoal not pleasing or appetizing. Felt forgotten by staff. It was sad.Special Features:
- carrDined on 7/23/2014White wine was served at room temp. Preferred chilled. Waiter was good.Special Features: