The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar - Newport Beach
3131 W. Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thewineryrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 9499996622
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: M-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:30pm
Dinner: Su 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yvon Goetz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar - Newport Beach
The Winery Newport Beach is a 10,000-square-foot, two-story restaurant, complete with a 700-square-foot 2nd floor outdoor dining patio overlooking the marina with two outdoor fireplaces and state-of-the-art heating system and waterproof awnings for year-round use. Filled with sumptuous stone slabs and warm wood flooring, a fourteen-foot high glass private wine locker display, majestic stone, dazzling light fixtures and an immediate view of the Pacific Ocean. Our wines are stored in our state-of-the- art two-story temperature controlled wine cellar accommodating 6,500 bottles of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (100)notable wine list (84)special occasion (75)fit for foodies (58)romantic (45)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (42)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (13)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Great PlaceOCDINERVIPDined on 10/23/2014This was our first visit to The Winery and it was a great experience! The atmosphere, food and service were all excellent! We will definitely be back many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double pleasurebeccaDined on 10/18/2014This was my second visit to the Newport Winery and both times proved to be excellent in all aspects. I have dined at the Tustin Winery numerous times which is also excellent. Now I have two choices which is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than expected,wonderfulSunsetsandybeachesDined on 10/17/2014Great food, artful presentation. Killer wine list! Serves was attentive but not pesky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/15/2014The new Winery in Newport exceeded our expectations. Starting at parking and reception it was an outstanding experience. It was 5 Star for us……..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The WinerynordyDined on 10/11/2014One of the best restaurants in So Cal. From the Valet to the end, it's top notch! Service and food are both impeccable. Recommend to anyone. Fair prices .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time at the WineryNChappyDinerDined on 10/10/2014The food and service is great, always consistent. Very energetic crowd, noise level a bit high, but that makes it even more fun. The view of the marina is amazing. Great wine list... :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pope partySupper4twoDined on 10/2/2014I have been to this restaurant four times and the food, service, ambiance, and staff our excellent!Special Features:
- GretasevenesDined on 10/1/2014Can't say enough. Great location right on the water. Great atmosphere food and excellent service. Definitely would reccomended.Special Features:
- LoveDined on 9/26/2014Exellant restaurant , great service and delicious foods, wine list was was on love this place and will defenetly book another table in patio very soon !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food-View-Service all great!JJJBXDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed a special occasion dinner at the Winery and were not disappointed. We recommend the lobster napoleon appetizer and the fresh ono and shrimp/scallop entrees. The wine list was vast and varied, and the desserts were fabulous. The wait staff were attentive, but not intrusive. All around a great dining experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentMRSJWDined on 9/25/2014The food was amazing... The servers were well versed on the menu and made great recommendations. Nice ambiance- overall a two thumbs up experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTBIRDDined on 9/22/2014First -- I really like Open Table for convenience in making reservations -- but this time really helped to "find" a great "find"; that is, restaurant. Second - Our first time at The Winery and will not be our last. Great view and outstanding food. Of course, wine list was very good.Special Features:
- awesome placeevita1209Dined on 9/22/2014Came from the Winery in Tustin. This place does not disappoint. The Chef Yvonne, JZ, William and Spike are all first class guys. The décor and the ambiance is incredible.Special Features:
- ViveritaVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had another amazing experience. Can't wait to return!! All of our special requests were granted.. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tustin version better!92647dlbDined on 9/20/2014The new Newport Beach location is just too loud, it lacks the slight intimacy that I find at the Tustin version. Also, my husband's pork was slightly overcooked which was unfortunate since this was his birthday dinner. We were there with the same party of 4 we go to the Tustin one with, and we all agreed on the noise level - we had to shout over the rest of the crowd; we also agreed that although the service was as good as can be expected when so crowded, the service level and attention in Tustin is far better. It was a packed night as Saturday nights go, but it just seems like they have crammed way too many tables into the available floor space. I might try again for lunch when I am not concerned with ambiance.Special Features:
- Beautifullly RedecoratedLoRoVIPDined on 9/20/2014You all did a fantastic job updating the restaurant, so fresh, nautical yet classy and modern. Love the patio and cigar lounge, a must for next visit.Special Features:
- AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We used to go to the Winery at the district when we work for a company located over there, good food and decadent atmosphere. There is a concern when a second location opens up that it will not have the same. With Rochelle working at the new location it has exceeded the original on all aspects. Nice that some of the help was retained from Villanova. Only complaint- prices are a bit high,Special Features:
- The Grapes of WrathOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014For such a highly rated restaurant the food was very disappointing: can't even rate it as 'mediocre'. For half the price there are much better restaurants all over Newport Beach. Re: ambience: a great view, but the noise level -- even at the slow hour of 5.30 -- made conversation nearly impossible. Service was attentive, but the highly recommended daily special was by far the low point of the menu. We're locals and have a number of restaurants we frequent regularly. The Winery is on our 'Never Going Back' list.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!BarryKDined on 9/12/2014What can I say? Everything was 5 stars - excellent service, excellent food, great wine recommendation! All this, combined with an attentive staff, made us feel welcome & created a very special anniversary celebration! Thanks to all at The Winery - we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great settingBongoVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great marina location, beautiful restaurant! Incredible wine list. Overall our meals were tasty. A little pricey and a somewhat high noise level, however, we would go back, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Food, service and ambiance was very good. A little on the pricey side, but if you're celebrating a special occasion, why not pay a little more for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueenbeeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Absolutely LOVED this location for the Winery. The food was amazing from the bread and butter to our creme brûlée and beignets for dessert. We had an after dinner drink in the cigar bar on the patio after overlooking the Newport harbor. Amazing night at an Amazing restaurant, will definitely be back!Special Features:
- AnniversaryRichVIPDined on 9/6/2014Second time at the restaurant and we were not disappointed. Great view. Great service. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary at the Winery on Friday night and had a blast. The owner and his family (whom all work at the restaurant) took a special interest in us and showed us around as we have not been to the Newport location. The ambiance was fabulous and the food was amazing. This is one of the very few restaurants in Orange County that we frequent regularly as we have a great time every time we dine here.Special Features:
- Service exceeded the food.luvmesomfoodDined on 9/5/2014Service was great, atmosphere was fun but loud...but I hear that's the new thing (so it seems busy)! Appetizers were ok, wine was exceptional, our $60. Steak was totally under cooked... then it was over cooked... For that price, it should be spot on. I loved the place, but I world just sit at the bar next time order some wine and appi's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newport Beach Needed This PlacefoodiefriendVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our entire experience was amazing... we went back the next night for appetizers and drinks in the bar!Special Features:
- CRISP up the salad greensLRVlachosVIPDined on 8/31/2014Had a great waiter....only drawback was the wilted salad which really was overpriced to begin with but Dan S. took care of that....replaced with a yummy soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Patrons and Large PartiesBusinessTravellerDined on 8/31/2014What could have been a great restaurant was a nightmare of out-of-control patrons and not just one group but several. Their antics and the way in the which the restaurant is constructed make it impossible to host dinner guests, rowdy bar patrons and large loud group tables - upstairs or downstairs. It's sad because the food and view are excellent. The entire wait staff is competent and pleasant. The wine list is first rate, and the corkage fee while high, is not too high. The Venison, Chicken, Salmon and Rack of Lamb were all outstanding, as were the appetizers, salads and desserts. The facility is beautiful, from the entry hall to the deck outside and the stone walls to the various wine storage areas and the amazing agate bar tops.Special Features:
- Awesome Foodie ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Love, love, love this Newport restaurant. The food is delicious - especially the Cajun Flat Iron steak paired with the mushrooms. They have an extensive wine list and their wine staff are knowledgeable to help you pick the perfect bottle to pair with your food (and budget). Make sure to try YG's pizza and ask for the pork belly lollipops. And don't forget the dark chocolate dessert selections!Special Features:
- Beautiful setting, but loud...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014The service from James was excellent. The food was very good, but the noise level was tough at a round table for 5. We went early hoping it wouldn't be so noisy, but it was very noisy. Perhaps next time we will try upstairs on the outside patio. Did like that there were two bars and two dining levels. Definitely would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL WINERYSoCalJoyDined on 8/28/2014BFF's & I celebrated a very special bday here & were AMAZED from the minute we walked in! Daniela confirmed Open Table reservation earlier that day & was first to greet us...table ready & waiting. She even greeted our celebrant by name. Quite impressive because I didn't think vendors read comments anymore. Seated in a booth on the 1st floor overlooking the bay...SPECTACULAR VIEWS!Server, Steven, kept the VIP service going by wishing our birthday girl a happy birthday. Appetizer stuffed zucchini blossoms drizzled in lobster sauce...OFF THE CHARTS! Seafood special, Sea Bass served with porcini mushrooms... SIN-sational! Topped the night off with creme brulee & private tour from Alex. Overall, an AMAZING night..OUTSTANDING hospitality.Special Features:
- BigDDined on 8/27/2014One steak was tough and chewy, the other meals were wonderful. The noise level downstairs is significant. Upstairs is more suited for conversation.Special Features:
- Fabulous EveningstratcommDined on 8/27/2014Got there at 5. Our table wasn't quite ready so we went into the bar. Had a drink. Hostess came and got us in about 15 minutes. Went upstairs to the balcony overlooking the harbor. Beautiful sunset. Just perfect for a birthday celebration. Food was fantastic. Wine list was comprehensive. Had a wonderful time. Plus got a free dessert for the birthday celebration.Special Features:
- tj8746Dined on 8/21/2014we went with a group of 5 of us, our second time at the Newport location. The service was impeccable. Although crowded, we were seated right away. Johnny was our waiter and he was the best and we thoroughly enjoyed talking with him.The food was first rate. Always good is the bone in filet,cooked perfectly to order.The view of the bay is fabulous.The bar scene definitely vibrant and fun. we brought our own wine this time but the wine list has some really good choices. Needless to say, we had a fun time and will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Definitely worth the visit!ILoveLucyVIPDined on 8/19/2014This restuarant has been added to my favorite list. The restaurant is eye catching - the food will bring you back - and the water view is inviting. Be aware the restaurant is loud -lots of happy people enjoying good food and good friends. Try upstairs on the outdoor balancy if looking for a quiter dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- merely adequateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Expected more after all the hype. Food was just ok, expected higher quality for the price. Dining room service was sharp. Had to press hostess for a nice table on a slow night when restaurant was 1/2 full and we had a reservation. Aggressive valet.
- Not a conversation $potOhmaDined on 8/17/2014Food and service were terrific, but we had difficulty hearing each other speak in our booth for two. $25 for a glass of wine, really?Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePregoDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit since the location switched from the previous establishment. They definitely opened up the space to allow for better water view throughout the restaurant as well as did a lot of nice upgrade finishes throughout. When we first got there at 6:30 the noise level was fine, at some point they turned on music, which meant everyone started talking louder, and with the more crowded restaurant it wasn't nearly as pleasant. Maybe waiting until later in the evening for the music would be better. Granted we were there for two hours spending time catching up with friends. The food was great, and service really good. We were checked on often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clearly a favorite!BonBriVIPDined on 8/15/2014So glad The Winery opened in our neighborhood. Management has done a stellar job hiring professional wait staff who all make you feel welcome. The food is great, creative and well presented. The wine list is top flight!Special Features:
- Wine and Steak by the HarborPoz59VIPDined on 8/14/2014Started at the bar with a couple of cocktails. Mango martini was great. Not too sweet. Bartender was very attentive and would have stayed there to eat but for the business dinner table we had reserved. Venison chop special melted in your mouth, cooked perfectly medium rare. USDA prime steaks on the menu tender and juicy, properly cooked too. Great decor and superb view of Newport Harbor. Valet parking makes in and out convenient. Overall a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.