The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar - Newport Beach
3131 W. Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thewineryrestaurant.net/
- Phone: (949) 999-6622
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: M-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:30pm
Dinner: Su 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yvon Goetz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar - Newport Beach
The Winery Newport Beach is a 10,000-square-foot, two-story restaurant, complete with a 700-square-foot 2nd floor outdoor dining patio overlooking the marina with two outdoor fireplaces and state-of-the-art heating system and waterproof awnings for year-round use. Filled with sumptuous stone slabs and warm wood flooring, a fourteen-foot high glass private wine locker display, majestic stone, dazzling light fixtures and an immediate view of the Pacific Ocean. Our wines are stored in our state-of-the- art two-story temperature controlled wine cellar accommodating 6,500 bottles of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (102)notable wine list (84)special occasion (74)fit for foodies (63)romantic (47)hot spot (43)vibrant bar scene (40)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (29)neighborhood gem (28)late-night find (12)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Nice however...DeniseBDined on 11/15/2014Restaurant was way to loud to have any sort of conversation with the couple we dined with which was sad, as it was our first time getting to know them. My husband ordered the bone in rib eye recommend by our server. It was overcooked, thin, and the meat was tough. I ordered the "lobster special" it was delicious however overpriced for a spinney lobster at $60. Uber round trip, $120. Dinner w/ tip $450 expensive night to not be able to have a conversation with friends without shouting across the table. We will not return. To many beautiful restaurants to enjoy without having to pay to shout at each other.Special Features:
- Wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/11/2014The evening was perfect...sommelier recommended a Burgundy that was phenomenal. The mushroom flatbread and shrimp appetizers were delicious and my mahi mahi was the best I've ever had. The food was unique and flavorful and you can't beat the bay view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We ordered two drinks at the bar which took forever to get them. The waiter was very nice and cordial, However, it took about 30 minutes to get our salad. Oddly enough they ran out of dinner rolls. Restaurant was pretty full and very noisey. It took another 30 minutes to bring our dinner eventhough we placed the order at the same time as our salad. Salmon and vegetables were cold. The assistant manager offered to warm up the food and appologized for the delay. Eventhough they didnt chrge me for my salmon dish , I was very dissapointed with the service.Special Features:
- Winery Reviewslm13Dined on 11/8/2014The restaurant is very nice inside, the food was good and we had good service. However, we would never go back due to the noise level. There were 4 of us and we sat at a booth and we could not talk to each other across the table due to the acoustics in the restaurant. Our bill was $300 and for the price it was definetely not worth the money.Special Features:
- New restaurantRobertJDined on 11/7/2014The Winery has done it again, but in an excellent location. The ownership has been most successful for 5 years or so and won nearly every critics award. Now they have brought their style and class to beautiful harbor location with wonderful ambiance. Excellence in every way; food, wine service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected!CosmoGalDined on 11/7/2014First time to this location. It was wonderful but a bit loud if you want to engage in a conversation (we dined downstairs) which is why I gave 4 stars. Maybe upstairs is different? Our party of 4 were joking how loud it was by seriously yelling at each other across the table! It was hilarious! Anyhow.. but the food was great. My husband thought his fish entree was too rich. I enjoyed the filet mignon & our friends enjoyed their venison entrees. We're wine snobs so we knew their wine selection would be off the hook (I chose the Hall Cabernet). I think we'll come back & check out the upstairs bar/lounge area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place..msdwbrokerVIPDined on 11/5/2014This place is all dialed in. Food is great and atmosphere is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCDTowerVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have been to The Winery in the District and wanted to try their new venue in Newport. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. The setting on the bay is beautiful. The only down grade is that it is fairly noisy. All in....it is a great experience.Special Features:
- one of the better restaurantsrobinocVIPDined on 11/1/2014Loved this restaurant! The service was top notch and everyone that walked by was extremely professional and friendly. Our waiter, James, was one of the best waiters we have every had. Very polished yet also personable and funny at the same time. Décor is more contemporary now with some interesting stone work and counters in the entry and bar, along with wine lockers on display. The steaks and seafood rivaled any other fine dining establishment, and side dishes were delicious. Loved the gratin potatoes and butternut squash. Great view of the bay as well. I'd pick this restaurant any day over Mastros, much better food and service. The restaurant is a bit noisy, maybe from acoustics, so I wouldn't say it was romantic only for that reason.Special Features:
- Newport Harbor locationDrGOVIPDined on 11/1/2014Food was good but not unique. The servings were small and very expensive. For a restaurant hawking all their awards, I was very disappointed in the dessert choices, just the usual fare, except for the beignets. Menu needs work! The service was exceptional and the cocktails were interesting and tasty. Great location especially at sunset.Special Features:
- SJohnsonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014For the price the food it was average. My Bone in Ribeye was a little on the tough side, not much flavor...it was cooked perfect, medium rare, but just did not have any marbling or taste to it...this was Prime meat and very expensive. The other dishes were good, but by no means excellent. I spent with tip $454.00...I just think it should be outstanding.Special Features:
- Upscale dining in NewportHonest1VIPDined on 10/23/2014I have been to The Winery twice in the past three weeks. The first time I had the fish special and it was one of the best meals of my life! Last night we went back and I had a (different) fish special. The fish was overcooked and the meal dry; even my salad I had to start was dry. Both times the service has been outstanding and the ambiance is beautiful. Perhaps the head chef is off on Tuesday nights. The first time I went was on a Thursday and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOCDINERVIPDined on 10/23/2014This was our first visit to The Winery and it was a great experience! The atmosphere, food and service were all excellent! We will definitely be back many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double pleasurebeccaDined on 10/18/2014This was my second visit to the Newport Winery and both times proved to be excellent in all aspects. I have dined at the Tustin Winery numerous times which is also excellent. Now I have two choices which is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperiencePalawaycjDined on 10/18/2014Very enjoyable experience with client. Drinks first in the upstairs bar where it was reasonably quiet. Table ready when promised, service and food all good. We enjoyed a long lingering meal and drinks. Appetizers and entrees were above par, prices reflect location but weren't over the top for what you get.Special Features:
- Even better than expected,wonderfulSunsetsandybeachesDined on 10/17/2014Great food, artful presentation. Killer wine list! Serves was attentive but not pesky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/15/2014The new Winery in Newport exceeded our expectations. Starting at parking and reception it was an outstanding experience. It was 5 Star for us……..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningBilllDined on 10/12/2014We have been coming to this location for 50 years when it was the Villa Nova, but WOW what an improvement. The decor and outside patio are stunning and the food is superior along with excellent service. Great place for special occasions and for foodies the enjoy great ambience, food and service.Special Features:
- The WinerynordyDined on 10/11/2014One of the best restaurants in So Cal. From the Valet to the end, it's top notch! Service and food are both impeccable. Recommend to anyone. Fair prices .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time at the WineryNChappyDinerDined on 10/10/2014The food and service is great, always consistent. Very energetic crowd, noise level a bit high, but that makes it even more fun. The view of the marina is amazing. Great wine list... :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pope partySupper4twoDined on 10/2/2014I have been to this restaurant four times and the food, service, ambiance, and staff our excellent!Special Features:
- GretasevenesDined on 10/1/2014Can't say enough. Great location right on the water. Great atmosphere food and excellent service. Definitely would reccomended.Special Features:
- LoveDined on 9/26/2014Exellant restaurant , great service and delicious foods, wine list was was on love this place and will defenetly book another table in patio very soon !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food-View-Service all great!JJJBXDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed a special occasion dinner at the Winery and were not disappointed. We recommend the lobster napoleon appetizer and the fresh ono and shrimp/scallop entrees. The wine list was vast and varied, and the desserts were fabulous. The wait staff were attentive, but not intrusive. All around a great dining experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentMRSJWDined on 9/25/2014The food was amazing... The servers were well versed on the menu and made great recommendations. Nice ambiance- overall a two thumbs up experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTBIRDDined on 9/22/2014First -- I really like Open Table for convenience in making reservations -- but this time really helped to "find" a great "find"; that is, restaurant. Second - Our first time at The Winery and will not be our last. Great view and outstanding food. Of course, wine list was very good.Special Features:
- awesome placeevita1209Dined on 9/22/2014Came from the Winery in Tustin. This place does not disappoint. The Chef Yvonne, JZ, William and Spike are all first class guys. The décor and the ambiance is incredible.Special Features:
- ViveritaVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had another amazing experience. Can't wait to return!! All of our special requests were granted.. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tustin version better!92647dlbDined on 9/20/2014The new Newport Beach location is just too loud, it lacks the slight intimacy that I find at the Tustin version. Also, my husband's pork was slightly overcooked which was unfortunate since this was his birthday dinner. We were there with the same party of 4 we go to the Tustin one with, and we all agreed on the noise level - we had to shout over the rest of the crowd; we also agreed that although the service was as good as can be expected when so crowded, the service level and attention in Tustin is far better. It was a packed night as Saturday nights go, but it just seems like they have crammed way too many tables into the available floor space. I might try again for lunch when I am not concerned with ambiance.Special Features:
- Beautifullly RedecoratedLoRoVIPDined on 9/20/2014You all did a fantastic job updating the restaurant, so fresh, nautical yet classy and modern. Love the patio and cigar lounge, a must for next visit.Special Features:
- AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We used to go to the Winery at the district when we work for a company located over there, good food and decadent atmosphere. There is a concern when a second location opens up that it will not have the same. With Rochelle working at the new location it has exceeded the original on all aspects. Nice that some of the help was retained from Villanova. Only complaint- prices are a bit high,Special Features:
- The Grapes of WrathOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014For such a highly rated restaurant the food was very disappointing: can't even rate it as 'mediocre'. For half the price there are much better restaurants all over Newport Beach. Re: ambience: a great view, but the noise level -- even at the slow hour of 5.30 -- made conversation nearly impossible. Service was attentive, but the highly recommended daily special was by far the low point of the menu. We're locals and have a number of restaurants we frequent regularly. The Winery is on our 'Never Going Back' list.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!BarryKDined on 9/12/2014What can I say? Everything was 5 stars - excellent service, excellent food, great wine recommendation! All this, combined with an attentive staff, made us feel welcome & created a very special anniversary celebration! Thanks to all at The Winery - we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great settingBongoVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great marina location, beautiful restaurant! Incredible wine list. Overall our meals were tasty. A little pricey and a somewhat high noise level, however, we would go back, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Food, service and ambiance was very good. A little on the pricey side, but if you're celebrating a special occasion, why not pay a little more for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueenbeeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Absolutely LOVED this location for the Winery. The food was amazing from the bread and butter to our creme brûlée and beignets for dessert. We had an after dinner drink in the cigar bar on the patio after overlooking the Newport harbor. Amazing night at an Amazing restaurant, will definitely be back!Special Features:
- AnniversaryRichVIPDined on 9/6/2014Second time at the restaurant and we were not disappointed. Great view. Great service. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary at the Winery on Friday night and had a blast. The owner and his family (whom all work at the restaurant) took a special interest in us and showed us around as we have not been to the Newport location. The ambiance was fabulous and the food was amazing. This is one of the very few restaurants in Orange County that we frequent regularly as we have a great time every time we dine here.Special Features:
- Service exceeded the food.luvmesomfoodDined on 9/5/2014Service was great, atmosphere was fun but loud...but I hear that's the new thing (so it seems busy)! Appetizers were ok, wine was exceptional, our $60. Steak was totally under cooked... then it was over cooked... For that price, it should be spot on. I loved the place, but I world just sit at the bar next time order some wine and appi's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newport Beach Needed This PlacefoodiefriendVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our entire experience was amazing... we went back the next night for appetizers and drinks in the bar!Special Features: