The Wine Room
10525 Jasper Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 1Z4Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Wine Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewineroom.ca/
- Phone: 7807567666
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Saturday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Wine Room
Wine bar in downtown Edmonton featuring 24 wines by the ounce or by the glass, plus many more by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Wine Room - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
The Wine Room reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (33)romantic (30)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (17)late-night find (16)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Quite a Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Loved our first visit to The Wine Room! The atmosphere when you walk in is just what you expect for a wine room. The decor looks like you have walked into a Wine Keg. The service and knowledge level from our server was outstanding. His recommendations were exactly what we wanted and expected. The food presentation was creative and interesting. We will definitely be back to sample more wines and the other food items.Special Features:
- Best charcuterie in the city!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My wife loved a good charcuterie, so for a special occasion about a month ago, I took her to The Wine Room. We loved the wine options and the ability to sample so many great wines by the glass was fantastic. When the charcuterie board came out we were blown away by the variety (and sheer volume) of delicious cheese, meats olives and fresh fruit! We have become regulars now at The Wine Room and have never left unsatisfied. Keep up the great work folks. We will see you again very soon!Special Features:
- Great SpotVernDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I really liked The Wine Room. Fun menu, nice wines, great charcuterie.Special Features:
- A Secret JemInloveYEGVIPDined on 10/3/2014Came across this jem of a location and within a few weeks dined 4 times. It's a perfect place to catch up with a few girlfriends/boyfriends, or spend a great time chatting with your partner. The music will always make you smile, and so will the wine. Enjoying my wine as much as I do, this is a great way to taste some of those "limited" and expensive wines to expand my tastebuds. The charcuterie is amazing.Special Features:
- good for drinksDzinegurlDined on 9/27/2014Wine list is extensive and bottles expensive, but you can get 1 oz or 10 in a glass. Could use some more malbecs on the list. Hot appys were delicious. Great late night wine and cheese bar. No entrees so don't go hungry. Warm ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StefaniehiddengemDined on 9/26/2014My boyfriend and I have now been in 3 times. We love our hidden gem in downtown! We brought friends with us who were visiting from out of town and they also loved it. It is something different, and you feel like your not in Edmonton. It's a great place:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for group or date nightHappyDined on 9/13/2014The design is great for girls night out or for a romantic cozy booth to get some privacy. I saw every type of group in the space when I was there on Saturday and everyone was enjoying themselves. Staff had some great recommendations on wine and helped design our charcuterie board. Will be back.Special Features:
- luvwineDined on 9/12/2014beautiful spot with great food. One of my favourites in the city.Special Features:
- Ladies Night/B'day CelebrationladybirdsonawireDined on 8/27/2014Two girlfriends & I were all 1st-time patrons of The Wine Room on Wed, Aug 27/2014. It DEFINITLEY won't be our only visit! What a wonderful evening from start to finish! The ambiance was inviting & intimate with an old world winery decor with subtle, but convenient, modern touches. Our goal was to sample several wines (there are over 20 wines available by the oz or glass) with appropriate food pairings (eg: the charcuterie boards offer amazing combinations). We were not disappointed! Our "Captain" on this journey, was Kenny, and his knowledge was only bested by his enthusiasm for the varietals on offer! Guided by his recommendations, our epicurean tour was a very satisfying meld of social interaction meets taste extravaganza!Special Features:
- Fantastic, Except for the OwnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The food is very good, the wine list is diverse, and everything we've ever had there is very good. It's not a full bar, per se, instead having a lovely selection of cognac and porto. The ambiance is exquisite - unless the part-owner (the male one) and his friends are around. And that's the fly in the ointment every time. This part-owner is a hillbilly. A baseball cap may be tolerable if you're at a sports bar, but in this incredibly fine establishment, which has gone so far to build a classy ambiance, it's a sty. Frankly, it's embarrassing. You just don't feel like ordering a $30 cognac when the guy in the table beside you is wearing a ball cap and a wife-beater.Special Features:
- DeliciousGirlsNiteOutDined on 8/9/2014The charcuterie plate is amazing!!!! The atmosphere is incredible- I felt like I was in Tuscany. Even the washrooms were divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Room Has Pleasant AftertasteCartographer525Dined on 8/2/2014I had walked by this place several times not realizing its existence, but when the search for a local Charcuterie led us to find it, it was like striking gold. Its dim lighting and cask ceiling made for a cozy, almost romantic ambience. The servers were attentive and friendly. The selection of fare was focused and tasty. Plan on around $100 for a bottle with food options. I'll be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014My girlfriend and I went to the Wine Room on a date night. We loved it. The wine selection was fantastic, service was great. Was a quiet, and very quaint atmosphere. We will certainly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating careersWhitey780VIPDined on 7/26/2014Went for a bottle of bubbly with my lady and were taken care of as well as possible. Let the waiter choose proper cheeses to pair with our bottle of choice and wasn't let down their very knowledgeable. Can't wait to return sooner then later. The music, atmosphere, lighting it's the full package don't pass it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!kyewVIPDined on 7/25/2014What a neat gem- this wine bar was! the ambience was great--very well appointed. Superb wine list. It was fun tasting different wines that we had never heard of. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.LaraccDined on 7/19/2014This place was amazing. The food was unreal; shareable and smaller plates. The wine was great. Lots of options for taste testing and the service was fantastic. The ambience is like no other..... you'll just have go and see for yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Outrelax42Dined on 6/27/2014The staff and owners treated us like friends. our servers where very willing to help and suggest wine and food from the tablet menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Wine Bar in EdmontonWineloverVIPDined on 6/27/2014We found this gem on open table and were very impressed. They have a good size wine list with some a fantastic charcuterie board, as well as delicious small plates. The room has a round ceiling; lots of dark wood; the lighting is dark and relaxing; the seating is very comfortable and private. It is definitely one of the most classy and authentic wine bars in Edmonton. I was very surprised that on both our visits it was not very busy. The bar that it attached directly to the west was full. I don't know if Edmonton is ready for a for such a quality wine bar - it appears that we are just looking for the cheapest draft beer and pool tables. Kind of sad. I really hope the Wine Room stays alive as it is a trendy complement to downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the The Wine Room reviews archive.
- Cozy and romanticPabloVIPDined on 6/19/2014What a great little wine bar. The choices for wine were extensive and we liked the ability to taste wines by the ounce before settling on a bottle. The cheese and charcuterie board was excellent!! Great quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/13/2014This place reminded me of restaurants in Florence. They did a great job decorating using a 'wine barrel' concept for ceilings and booths. It turned out really well. The food was excellent, we started with a charcuterie board (which can be varied according to taste) and finished with classic mussels. The per ounce pricing lets the diner taste a variety of wines. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- KJC99Dined on 6/10/2014My first experience with the Wine Room was wonderful. It was a Winemaker's Dinner (Masi)/fundraiser for the Humane Society. The entire event was impressive. I will return quickly on a "regular" night to experience it as a "tea;" wine bar.Special Features:
- Gem of a spot!!!Tam2DonDined on 6/6/2014We met some friends for a casual visit and it was a perfect spot! Awesome ambience! Great staff for service (knowledgable about wine recommendations - especially when enjoying the "flight" of wine choices). Noise level perfect (lively for Friday but enough to enjoy a conversation)! Tapas food great! Only constructive feedback would be to offer even a small selection of beer for non-wine drinkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tapas and winectranDined on 6/6/2014great selection of tapas and wine. love the smartpad menu and option to taste wines by the oz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Girls NightMomOnTheTownDined on 6/4/2014Fun to sample several wines by the ounce. Amazing cheese board. must try the fondu. Fun 'rat pack' jazz playing in the background at a low level making it easy to have a good conversation with friends. Look forward to going again with just the husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and Irresistable.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014750 characters isn't enough to give a good review. Overall my time there was enjoyable. Service was mediocre as it seemed our server not only seemed awkward by our table but somewhat inattentive and dismissive. The owner however was right on top of that when she brought out a charcuterie that was nothing short of a classic piece of art that came with a presentation fit for any foodie! Also bathrooms are usually never a topic of discussion unless you have something terrible to say, here would be quite the contrary. Bathrooms so impeccably clean and beautiful it actually added to the entire experience. I will be coming back there is no doubt about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best cheese plate in EdmontonReviewManVIPDined on 5/20/2014The cheese plate was fantastic but I didn't like the California wines and feel that the selection just wasn't up to the cheese plate. Cavern in downtown Edmonton had better wines which were mainly old world styles with more flavour, though their cheese plates weren't as magnificent. The ambiance is incredible but you have to look left when you enter the 1905 bar to find it.Special Features:
- Atmospheric wine barepicureanDined on 5/9/2014Tucked away on the south side of Jasper Ave. near 105th Street is a gem of a wine bar evocative of a tasting cellar from the great vinyards of France. Great selection of continental reds and tapas - style appies in a cozy, comfortable atmosphere. Perfect for after work or a movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BshervVIPDined on 5/2/2014Outstanding new find, definitely will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally a real wine barOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014Excellence in wine which can be 1 oz at a time or by the bottle making food and wine pairing perfect down to each piece of meat and cheese on the outstanding cheese and meat platters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find of the yearfigjam12Dined on 4/26/2014I want to tell everyone it was horrible so it never gets to busy. But I cant. This place is fantastic for a chilled out wine night. The small plates were excellent and the choices of charcuterie and cheeses fantastic. The wine list was very extensive and varied in expense for thos who might want to shell out more or less for their vino. Wine by the glass is priced and sold by the oz. This is great as it gives you the chance to try something you may not have otherwise. There is a large "by the glass" menu to create your own wine flights from, or have any size glass of once you find a favorite. The staff was very good. They were very knowledgeable on the wines and weren't constantly hovering over your table, allowing an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular design, staff,ThirstyForMoreVIPDined on 4/12/2014Spectacular design, staff, and service. Uber cool décor, authentic euro service, and a very classy stop to enjoy a glass or three of your favorite vintage. A welcome addition to our favorite entertainment options. Dress up (please) and enjoy a night out! :)I would recommend this to a friend.