The Wine Guy Bistro-Gahanna
101 Mill St Ste 105
Gahanna, OH 43230Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Wine Guy Bistro-Gahanna
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thewineguywineshop.com/
- Phone: 6145360411
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Glaser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private seating for up to 12 people is available in our J Lohr room.
A word from The Wine Guy Bistro-Gahanna
Enjoy a comfortable surrounding where you can sample wines while browsing The Wine Shop selections. Be greeted by someone who wants to help you understand what you like and no more! Eat at The Wine Bar, in The Bistro or in the private J Lohr Room and be transcended to another place. It’s all about the experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Wine Guy Bistro-Gahanna - Best Restaurants in Gahanna ›
The Wine Guy Bistro-Gahanna reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (12)romantic (9)scenic view (6)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Nice place to eatGuidoVIPDined on 9/12/2014Standard wine bistro setting. Food was creative and the servers very attentive. As you might expect the wine by the glass is expensive. Nevertheless, a nice place to eat.Special Features:
- Dependable deliciousDateNightMomDined on 9/3/2014Great service, great food, outstanding wine selection. This is going to be out neighborhood favorite. Really dependable for good food paired with outstanding and vast wine selection. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceoldfoodyDined on 8/29/2014Sat outside and that was definitely a plus- Not too expensive and the wine flights were very good-Special Features:
- SpacingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The entire meal and wine flight was amazing and we will definitely go back and continue to sample other food and wine options. My only negative comment was that the seating outside was so close together that I felt like I was a part of the conversation with the table next to me since our tables were so close and almost touching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedWineworthyDined on 8/22/2014Reservations were not recognized as you waited in line first come first serve style until told unacceptable. Hostess not with the Mostess. Avoid wine flights; stale, lesser pours. My "exotic" reds were untouched after one sip of each and we are pretty serious wine drinkers. We waited an hour for our food. Our waiter apologized, "I'm sorry, everyone came at once and the kitchen can't keep up". Perhaps the management should work on scripting the hostesses and the wait staff. The atmosphere was what we expected. The scallops were amazing. The experience was not nearly as great as we expected based on prior reviews. For an area as big as Columbus, a visit such as our does not deserve a second change....too much to choose from!Special Features:
- great atmosphereDMRMDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service. Amazing wine selection - impossible to make a bad choice. My husband had the chef's special - lamb chops - they were fantastic! I had the scallops and unfortunately the plate was half-empty and I was still hungry. But I'd still go back and just order something else next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmedkrysten220Dined on 8/8/2014I'd been curious about The Wine Guy for a few years, but just hadn't made it out to Gahanna to try it. The atmosphere is nice, they have a good wine selection, decently priced glass pour list, and quite a few no-corkage bottles. But for anything not on that list, the $10 corkage fee is excessive. My friend was disappointed that their menu was completely different from the one posted online. Worse, the food was mediocre and came out lukewarm. I got the ginger-soy tuna, which barely had any ginger-soy (and I couldn't flag down the server to get extra), and the rice it came with was bland. The service was pretty bad—our waiter seemed annoyed that we were there and trying to get his attention was almost impossible. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- friends nite outGrearfulvetDined on 8/1/2014wines excellent flights. food very good. like how they have moved seating around in exterior.Special Features:
- Huge Wine SelectionDateNightMomDined on 7/28/2014Outstanding wine selection with lots of options by the glass if you order off the flight list. Fresh salad in large portions. Service was a bit slow on a not so busy night but we will still be going back frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Some dishes were tasty, others fell flat. Service was less than stellar.Special Features:
- Great place to eat and relaxcookieladyVIPDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I are new to the area and found great reviews on open table so decided to give this place a try. Our waitress Phoebe was great as was the food! Loved being able to sit outside and enjoy the weather!Special Features:
- Great winesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/3/2014Great relaxing location to bring friends. The corkage fee for wine is very reasonable and it is fun to 'shop' for a good bottle. Also, the wine flights are at a great price point. Servers are great!Special Features:
- Perfect spot for a date nightfabulousfoodieDined on 7/1/2014My boyfriend and I went here on a date and the mood was perfect. The atmosphere is so intimate and beautiful. As a wine enthusiast I thoroughly enjoyed the selection they had to offer. I would recommend definitely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedGleebsDined on 6/27/2014We like inviting people who have never been before. They always have a great experience. The chef visited our table, as did the bartender. Very nice touches. Our waitress was very attentive, patient, and had a good sense of humor. The food and wine were top notch.Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the The Wine Guy Bistro-Gahanna reviews archive.
- Great experienceFoodloverDined on 5/16/2014This was my 3rd time here. Wine Guy is by far my favorite restaurant. The food is spectacular, service is always on point and the wine selection is great. I would recommend this place to anyone. The good is reasonably priced, and the wine is not marked up, just a corking fee at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax, Chat, Eat and DrinkBobcatDined on 5/9/2014This nice addition to Creekside in Gahanna features an extensive wine selection and delivers it available in "flights" that are appropriately and interestingly grouped at about $14.99 for six samples, amounting to almost two full glasses total. Most of their wines by the glass are somewhat overpriced. The upside is that, unlike most wine places, you can purchase a bottle to take home from the table at the lower take-home, rather than table price. Wine Guy has always had a nice choice of interesting appetizers and small plates, but has added a substantial selection of regular dinner choices. Service was ok, but did not flow. Long periods of being ignored, though initially greeted and served well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hdavVIPDined on 5/3/2014Great service at the bar as usual! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The food and wine very were good. However, our meals came out before we were even close to being done with our starters. This caused us to have very little room on the table because we had a wine flight for each person. After we were finished with our meal, we were not asked if we wanted any more wine and were handed the bill.Special Features:
- Terrific ExperienceDebbieDined on 5/3/2014We went for an early dinner so that we could watch The KY Derby, enjoy a good meal and get out early enough to get downtown to the Ballet in time. Our server was amazing, helped us have a great experience, in addition to the great wine and amazing meal!Special Features:
- Small plates are the way to go!kstortsDined on 4/19/2014I ate a late dinner and had a the mussle appetizer (delicious) and 2 small plates. I chose the small plate route because there were too many things I wanted to try to instead of a larger dinner portion of only one option. I ended up with the spicy shrimp pasta and the cioppino seafood stew. Both were delicious but if you don't like spicy I wouldn't recommend the pasta. The bistro sits right on the Gahanna square so it's a great romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice.....StevegotlVIPDined on 4/19/2014Went here for an early Easter Dinner with the family. There were six of us and we were quickly seated and attended to. They did well with my GF's food allergies and gave her appropriate substitutions. We all order something different and everyone loved what they got. The plating was nice, the combinations were nice and the tastes were nice..... Very nice.... I'd recommend this place to everyone. The prices are fair and the variety is nice......very nice.....Special Features:
- Great food!Momof3Dined on 4/12/2014The food was great, fit for my lifestyle. The service was not to my standard. I was overcharged for something I did not order. My reservation was for a birthday and they did not acknowledge that. Things could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, great wines, nice staffBuddyDined on 4/5/2014Food was creative and good/great overall. Had a group of 6 seated away from bar. Dining area seemed understaffed, but everyone was courteous and the bartenders and hosts were helpful and gracious. I'd go back for a couple of drinks and to try a new entrée and a small plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summertime date niightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We look forward to dining under the tea lit pergola in the summertime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place food was excellentsd21Dined on 3/28/2014nice place food was excellent but the portions are too smallSpecial Features:
- Great placeWilsonDined on 3/26/2014nice wine selection, food is well prepared and fresh.Special Features:
- Good, better, bestDatenightersDined on 3/22/2014We ( my girlfriend and I ) are monthly customers at the Pickerington location. We find that location to be very friendly and personable. This was our first time at the Gahanna location, the food was excellent as expected. However the server was not as personable as the Pickerington store. Also I ask the server to consult the chef as to what wine he would recommend to go with the Thia tuna. No wine was brought out as I had requested, so I choose a Zinfandel to my surprise they were out!! All things said its a very good place to dine and people watch. Odds are we will go back, but our first choice at the moment is the Pickerington location. Our mission, to go to all Wine Guy Bistro's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Biggest complaint the spicy sausage ravioli - you get 8 pieces for $16.99 when all other portions are huge. Which left them hungry but unwilling to pay another 16.99 for more food. Otherwise a good experience, will probably go back, just know what no to get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going DownhillTimADined on 3/21/2014Food is still decent, but the service is awfull. The service was never great, but this was bad. Portions are shrinking. Hopefully the take corrective action before this once nice place disappears.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little corkedEZ2plzDined on 3/7/2014We always go to the Wine Guy. This was the first time they gave me issues about getting the private room. They called me twice about changing our reservation time. They ended up putting our party out in the main dining area. It ended up being fine, but we felt bad for our surrounding guests as we were a bachelorette party and not shy. The waiters were fun with us. The food was good, but small portion size on everything and pricey. The evening ended with a few of us upset about the unknown corking fee for sharing a bottle of wine at the table. Not disclosed at the time of ordering. No aerators. You run out of aerators at a wine store and you sell them there?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationBadreservationDined on 2/28/2014We had a 7:00pm reservation however there were no available tables when we arrived. The hostess was very nice but did not seem to concerned that we were not able to be seated. We were offered an high top table at 7:30 but wanted a dinner table. We were finally seated at 7:40 pm.Special Features:
- Girls WeekendGirlsWkendDined on 2/22/2014My BFF and I were in town for a girl's weekend. This was the perfect spot to lounge, enjoy a great cocktail (or two) and enjoy delicious food. Everything was so enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All very good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014The tenderloin was a little over done. All the rest was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place decent pricesMoeCornDined on 2/14/2014You can go to Wine Guy and get a great meal without breaking the bank. That's good in my books. Also, the wine is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Loved this restaurant for our Valentine's Day dinner. The food was delicious & the workers were wonderful! A little expensive, but worth it if you want a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, deliciousBurgDined on 2/14/2014Wonderful service, delicious food and an intriguing menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeKathyDined on 2/12/2014Although the restaurant was hard to find, it was well worth the trouble. The food was excellent, ambiance wonderful, service top notch and the wine list impressive. Large windows allow a view of the beautiful creek behind. By the way, to find the restaurant, walk to the left of the parking garage, then all the way down the sidewall beside the garage. It is at the end of the sidewalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceKristenFDined on 2/8/2014We truly enjoyed our evening at the win guy. We had a small group of friends that dined there and the food was excellent! Their wine selection was very robust. The restaurant had a very homey feel and made you feel comfortable. Overall we greatly enjoyed our experience and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK for wine tastingKoyerDined on 2/5/2014Good for wine and some appetizers. Food is suspect, and expensive for the quality. I recommend this venue for small gatherings to sample inexpensive wines. Don't order the fancy Mac and cheese - my order featured old piggy bacon. Waitor was wearing a t-shirt while he took our $62 order for 2.Special Features:
- Monday diningMondaydinerDined on 2/3/2014Seemed very crowded for a Monday night. Apparently they were not prepared for business as wait staff was obviously stressed and short in numbers (our wait person looked like she was spread too thin handling way too many tables). My blackened talapia meal was overdone and virtually flavorless- disappointing. Scallop meal was good though. Maybe Monday is not the night to dine here especially if it is before a Groupon is set to expire.Special Features: