The Wine Bistro - Upper Arlington
1750 W. Lane Ave
Columbus, OH 43221Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Wine Bistro - Upper Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.winebistrocolumbus.com/
- Phone: 6144851750
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dean Wirick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Tasting Room is an intimate private dining room for up to 12 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Keli Flanagan 6144851750
- Cross Street: Northwest Blvd
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer parking in the lot behind the restaurant with access from Chester Rd and Brandon Rd. There is also additional parking after 6 pm in the Jack Seibert Jeweler's lot across the street. Street parking on Lane Ave is available any time except Monday-Friday from 4 pm-6 pm.
A word from The Wine Bistro - Upper Arlington
The Wine Bistro, with three Columbus, Ohio locations in Upper Arlington, Clintonville and Worthington, offers an exciting array of well-curated wines and a list of select craft beers. The menu features light and filling appetizers & small plates, soups, salads, flatbreads and entrees offered every day of the week for lunch and dinner. We open at 11:00 AM Mon-Sat and at Noon on Sunday. Choose a table for two, a relaxed seat in the soft seating area, gather a group at one of the communal tables or in the private tasting room. Shop for wine priced at near state minimum or pay a small corkage fee (waived on Mondays & Tuesdays) to enjoy your bottle in-house. We look forward to exploring great wine and food with you soon...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Wine Bistro - Upper Arlington - Best Restaurants in Upper Arlington ›
The Wine Bistro - Upper Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (16)good for groups (15)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (10)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Took friend from out of townNewintownDined on 9/27/2014We sat outside, it was a great atmosphere and close to shopping across the street. The wine was amazing, the food was good but not fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-game GemVintageCbusDined on 9/6/2014Great place to go before or after an OSU game - appetizers are particularly noteworthySpecial Features:
- Lacking ServiceUADinnerDined on 8/28/2014I must warn you that the service is lacking in this laid back neighborhood spot. The 3 of us arrived and sat for 15 minutes until someone managed to get over to us for an order. Didn't check us during the meal and never refilled our water glasses and it was warm evening. Wasn't particularly crowded either. Good food and wine, just be prepared to wait for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Wine Bistro is great for dinner, or just drinks and appetizers! We just sampled the wine, and had some popcorn this time. No matter what we have, we always enjoy ourselves! The servers are friendly, and the food is delicious!Special Features:
- Attentive staffDocspartyDined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was absolutely amazing! Not only did she check on us frequently but not TOO frequently, but she provided us with suggestions when we asked that were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Nice AtmosphereEmerilsDined on 8/4/2014My wife, daughter and I went here to celebrate my daughter's start of medical school. It was a spur of the moment pick, but a great one none the less. The food was great, especially the veal meatball for an appetizer. The walls are lined with wine from which to choose. And the staff was very pleasant and helpful.Special Features:
- High liqour pricescmcgVIPDined on 8/4/2014Good food, good wine priced appropriately, but, ordering a drink is expensive. Only after was I told I would be charged for a fancy mixed drink when all I ordered was bourbon on the rocks. Normally $6 to $8 anywhere else, it was $12 here. I asked about being charged extra and got the Our Policy response. I went home and decided to call back and got the Our Policy response again. This extra cost should be shared before customers need to pay extra for something they didn't order.Special Features:
- Delightful + deliciousTnsjnkyDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful appetizers, great service. The Togarashi Shrimp is killer!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood .... great foodjp9000Dined on 8/1/2014If you're looking for affordable, good food close to OSU, this is an excellent choice. The menu is largely new American cuisine that leans northern Italian. Nicely sized portions and interesting flavors. Great selection of wines by the glass. Helpful staff, but they were a little understaffed the night we visited.Special Features:
- Great date nightNancyDined on 7/24/2014Went for restaurant week and I will definitely be back. Quality food, great server and really nice inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencenewtotownDined on 7/22/2014We went for Restaurant week and overall it was a great experience. The food and wine were delicious. I like the fact that you can select a bottle off one of the many walls of wines they have to enjoy with your meal. The price was decent for what you received. My only complaint was that the tables are quite close together so the noise level is a bit excessive, making it less than ideal for something like a romantic dinner date, so I'd recommend coming with a group of friends.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Lunch Spot!!!LuvglassDined on 7/16/2014Had a wonderful lunch outside with my nieces. Service was stellar. One niece had french onion soup that looked so good I was tempted to take it from her. She also had chicken on skewers and said that tasted good too. My other niece had the chicken pesto flatbread and I had the filet and blue flatbread. Both were delicious and the serving were generous. We both took some home for later. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for private groupsterrific60sDined on 6/28/2014I requested their private room which we have had before and it was terrific. We love it and it gives us privacy to have group chats and a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant experience overall.FoodieDined on 6/20/2014Food was attractively presented and tasty; however, flatbread base with steak, figs and cheese was was overbaked. I could hardly cut it with a knife and fork. Server should have given us more info on buying vino by the bottle instead of separately by the glass. We sat outside which is much less noisy than the interior. Server was pretty attentive and let us enjoy being with out guests. It is great to be able to make a reservation through Open Table and get a confirmation reminder too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to whine aboutsocialgalDined on 6/6/2014Lovely service, good food and a large wine selection. I recommend going Monday when there is no corkage fee:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKacyDined on 6/6/2014Our group was celebrating a few birthdays. We had a "private" room with a view of the main dining area and outdoors. The server was outstanding!! She tuned in to our needs without hovering, made suggestions about the menu, was efficient, and friendly. The food was great...everyone enjoyed what they had selected and we passed around plates to share. Probably overstayed the normal lunch time frame but were never hurried or felt we needed to leave. We all agreed to return for the next birthday celebration.Special Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the The Wine Bistro - Upper Arlington reviews archive.
- Try to Dine Outside!OHIODined on 5/10/2014Went to dinner with friends that we hadn't seen in a long time. It was cold out and we had to eat inside. Behind us there were 2 large groups 8-10 and the noise level was very high. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the veal meatball and spaghetti both were excellent! They do not serve hard liquor only beer and wine. Our meal for two with a very nice bottle of wine was 100.00. If you didn't have to shout to be heard it was a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurefoodie56Dined on 5/3/2014Love coming to The Wine Bistro, as the food is consistently good. The menu has some unique items, and it is more fun to "shop" for a bottle of wine from among the hundreds that line the walls, than pick from a long list. I have always been impressed that the servers seem to have a good understanding of the available wine. I also enjoy the ambience...no blaring music, great for conversation.Special Features:
- Great spotMikeDined on 5/2/2014Always good wine and ambiance for a nice evening. I love the atmosphere of the location as you feel that you are truly nestled in a winery's onsite wine librarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchMAB2014Dined on 4/14/2014We arrived at the restaurant at 12:30 p.m. it was empty which made us very nervous. Why wasn't anyone here? The restaurant is beautiful inside. Our server was great. When we looked at the menus we realized why no one is there for lunch. It is too pricey! Soup and one-half of a sandwich $11.00. Really? I had the pasta with shrimp and lobster for $16.00. Lunch size portion. It was not filling. I was able to eat a piece of birthday cake and graeters ice cream when we came back to the office. I am not overweight and I usually do not finish an entire meal when eating out. If this place is going to capture the lunch crowd then need to rethink the menu prices. For now this is a special occasion only place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wine bistroSel32Dined on 3/28/2014Simple but delicious menu with a great wine selection and premade flights for sampling. Had a good atmosphere inside and we noticed they have a private room available. Service was great and they were knowledgable about the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Family Birthday LunchMeganDined on 3/23/2014Our party of 6 (and a baby!) thoroughly enjoyed the quiet lunch atmosphere at the Wine Bistro. The service was perfect - always attentive, but never overdone. She was also very knowledgeable on the wines and entrees. There was plenty of room to be comfortable in our booth and they even had the high chair ready for us upon arrival! Everyone's food was delectable and the wine selections were fabulous all around. This is my second experience at the Wine Bistro - and definitely won't be my last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun new find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2014The food was excellent, and the service was great, too! The restaurant is a little noisy, but that's part of the fun of going to a hip new bar/restaurant! Most of the seating for small parties (if you're not at the bar) is a long booth on one side, with chairs on the other side. Even though the tables are spaced out, you're really close to the next table (about a foot away). In addition, the tables you sit at are extra long, so you're a bit further away than usual from the person you're sitting across from. Just keep this in mind if you're trying to go out for an intimate dinner (you can request a table on your own if that's what you're looking for!). Otherwise, we've been back 3 times in 2 weeks, so clearly, we really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedBobbyVIPDined on 3/8/2014Have been to this Wine Bistro several times. Service was slow and pizza's were overcooked and flavorless. Maybe just a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good the second time aroundBradVIPDined on 3/4/2014This was my second time at Wine Bistro with my wife. We enjoyed looking over the wine racks for a bottle of wine to have with dinner. However, the seating near the Zinfandels makes you feel like you are interrupting others dinner if you want to look for a good old vine Zin. Settled on a nice Cab Sav from Alexander Valley. The Anti Pasto Plate and Meatball were just as good as the first time we came to this restaurant. This time we also tried the mushroom/goat cheese flat bread. We both thought it was delicious, we'll come back again.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood bartusseydDined on 3/4/2014Love the easy dining menu. Great place for a date. Wine selection is amazing. Menu is very good, as is service. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love that back roomGrandviewGalDined on 2/24/2014We were a party of 8 and requested the back room, which is very private. It was perfect and we had such a great experience I know we will go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthdayWinendineDined on 2/16/2014Wine Bistro is a great place to share a special occasion with a small group. Wonderful wine list and craft beer menu. You can make a whole meal out of just appetizers but the flatbreads are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flights!!Foodie4LifeDined on 2/15/2014The wine was amazing and the pistachio strawberry salad was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved, Loved, LovedFoodeeDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time we were celebrating our anniversary. From the moment we walked in the door we loved the place. It has such a relaxing feel but also romantic. The staff was amazing. The food was perfect. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Fine place to enjoy a glassOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Fine place to enjoy a glass of wine & even a snack but don't bother ordering anything to eat other than a salad or the popcorn.
- Great New FindBradVIPDined on 2/4/2014My wife and I stopped in The Wine Bistro last night. The Veal Meatball appetizer was outstanding, as was the Antipasto Plate. We enjoyed walking around and picking a bottle of wine off the wall to have with our dinner. The Flatbread choices are great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantLuvwineDined on 1/25/2014The Wine Bistro not only has fabulous wine, but their food is amazing!! It was our first visit to this place & we decided to try it during restaurant week. I am so glad we did; it did not disappoint! Can't wait to go back! Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great wine bistro & fantastic food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place to unwindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2014Lively environment, friendly staff and mellow atmosphere.Special Features:
- + Award winning meat ballsNeonLeonDined on 1/9/2014+ Award winning meat balls are a must; waitress/host knowledge about wines. - Table tops are large but with the restaurant's poor acoustics it's hard to hear the diner across from you; selections of wine by the bottle eclectic (nothing familiar); dinner and lunch menu and portions the same; room has a cozy feeling but is NOT conducive to an intimate feeling when tables next to you are populated due to poor acoustics.
- Great experiencesearzy08Dined on 12/31/2013Wine, good. Food, great. Service, excellent. Great choice for a date night with my wife, without the kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a special dinnerlove2eatVIPDined on 12/31/2013This was our first time and having New Year's Eve dinner, had high expectations. We were impressed with the wine selection and overall experience. I had the short ribs with risotto and it was exceptional. The chicken Marsala was also very good. I would definitely recommend it and plan to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/30/2013Stopped here while driving through Ohio. Wow! Totally blew my expectations away. The food was excellent (we had a bunch of small plates - the braised veal meatball dish was particularly good but we did not have anything that was not delicious). It was midday, so we did not really have a chance to try more than one of the wines but there was a great selection of wines and they have a whole shop full of interesting wines for sale that you probably will not find many other places (we bought a few to take home). From an ambience perspective, it is a cute wine bar, very college professor-y/homey. I hope to stop in the next time I am passing through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups!MrsKruseVIPDined on 12/29/2013We had a dinner here as a party of 4. It would be even better with a larger group as you'd be able to try & share more. I started with a glass of La Forcine, followed by tomato soup & the Bistro BLT flatbread. Good sized portion for me and the extra helped fill up my party members who needed a bit more. Food good...wine excellent...service reasonable.Special Features:
- Wine BistrobobfDined on 12/28/2013Overall, very good food and a very good atmosphere. The noise level was low so we could enjoy easy conversation. The food was very good although a little expensive considering the portion quantities. The wine options were great and the pricing very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.