The Wine Bistro - Clintonville
4416 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43214Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Wine Bistro - Clintonville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.winebistrocolumbus.com/
- Phone: (614) 262-4416
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dustin Norris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: In our tasting room we can accommodate up to 12 guests for a more intimate and private event
- Private Party Contact: Akisha Moore 6142624416
A word from The Wine Bistro - Clintonville
The Wine Bistro, with three Columbus, Ohio locations in Upper Arlington, Clintonville and Worthington, offers an exciting array of well-curated wines and a list of select craft beers. The menu features light and filling appetizers & small plates, soups, salads, flatbreads and entrees offered every day of the week for lunch and dinner. We open at 11:00 AM Mon-Sat and at Noon on Sunday. Choose a table for two, a relaxed seat in the soft seating area, gather a group at one of the communal tables or in the private tasting room. Shop for wine priced at retail or pay a small corkage fee (waived on Mondays & Tuesdays) to enjoy your bottle in-house. We look forward to exploring great wine and food with you soon...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Wine Bistro - Clintonville - Best Restaurants in Clintonville ›
The Wine Bistro - Clintonville reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (19)good for groups (18)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Like Eating in a Wine CellarClayBuckVIPDined on 10/18/2014Stopped here after an OSU game on our most recent visit. We love the atmosphere, the wine and the food. You can sip and snack or enjoy a full meal in a warm and friendly place.Special Features:
- Great birthday experienceCbusJenn82Dined on 10/10/2014Went again this year for my birthday with friends. Was very happy with Joe as our server. Very attentive, even with two extra folks and people arriving staggered. I only wish they still had GF pizza crusts that night--that's what the bday girl craved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for girls night!NancyDined on 10/4/2014Food comes out super hot and is so good! Awesome place for a date night or girls night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine BistrodaveDined on 10/3/2014Overall good but on the high price. Menu selection for entrees was minimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did I wait so long?WannaBFoodieVIPDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I finally decided to try the Wine Bistro after some great reviews from friends and family. Why did we wait so long? The menu has a great variety, the ambiance is great - soft lighting and comfortable seating, and of course, the wine options are amazing! I can't wait to go back and try the cheese fondue and some other wines!Special Features:
- Will be backScottDined on 9/20/2014Great night for sitting outside; good atmosphere inside and out; great selection of wines and appetizers. crab cakes excellent; warm olives a good choice too so is the shrimp. entrees excellent as well; service was excellent tooSpecial Features:
- Great SpotAKop17Dined on 9/10/2014I was given a reference for The Wine Bistro from a family member. I needed somewhere to take a first date and this was definitely the spot. We couldn't have had a better time. The food was fantastic (try the popcorn!!!), and the selection of wine was impressive. The wait staff was friendly and very knowledgeable, since I was not. The ambience was nice, and it was a very festive but quiet experience. The outdoor dining area looked nice, but was very full that night. We even skipped dessert in favor of dessert wine. Definitely a spot for couples. I'd also like to go back for the group wine tasting.Special Features:
- Beautiful night!Bri22Dined on 8/21/2014The lights were dimmed just right to make the place sparkle from the Eiffel Tower center piece. The wine flight I HIGHLY reccommend for wine lovers like myself. The service was decent ... The food was top of the line. Definitely getting your money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experienceGavSaysDined on 8/16/2014Great place to share some good food and some good wine and talk the night away.Special Features:
- brownieBrownieDined on 7/31/2014Nice evening out with girlfriend. Great place to sit and talk.Special Features:
- The following 132 reviews are from the The Wine Bistro - Clintonville reviews archive.
- A place to catch upFoodieMKSDined on 7/18/2014Met a friend on a lovely Friday evening where we cornered a table on the patio! Good service, good food, and good wine. A nice time for a visit with a friend. And, most relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night but...RockDined on 7/3/2014Stopped at The Wine Bistro since they had open reservations on Red, White, and Boom Thursday night. Found a nice bottle of wine for the table. 3 of us ordered French onion soup, and all 3 of us sent our soup back as it wasn't hot. It wasn't even tepid. The cheese melted on top, but very little heat reached the soup. The soups came back hotter the second try, but still not piping hot, as expected. The sandwiches and salads we ordered were very tasty, and the antipasto was delicious with the roasted garlic and assortment of meats and cheeses. We'll come back again, but we'll ask to make sure the soup comes out piping hot the first time!Special Features:
- 100% ImprovementKyBuckeyeDined on 6/30/2014After our last visit, we were unsure we'd ever go back. A gift certificate (and low expectations) sent us back on a Monday night. The service was a 100% improvement. Sadly, there was no where to go but up after our first experience with the horrible receptionist and the waiter who forgot us. And we actually got to try the food! Delicious! I'm still not sure I'd recommend the restaurant- heard too many other folks having bad service experiences. It's too expensive to put up with that, and Columbus offers too many other options with great service, great food and great wine!Special Features:
- chuckoDined on 6/14/2014Made resv. 8 hours in advance for patio table But when arriving was told outside seating was not available. there was clearly tables outside open---restaurant probably did not want two people to take a table for four
- Great evening at wine bistroRealtormomDined on 6/13/2014Dined with 2 friends I hadn't seen in a while. One friend is not a too much of a wine drinker. We explained that to our server and she asked questions about what she liked in wines when she had them in the past. She brought us 2 sips for my friend to taste. She really liked one of the recommendations. We ordered a bottle for the table! It was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night OutTropicBonDined on 6/4/2014We had 5 ladies in our party and were pampered by our waiter. We took advantage of the happy hour $5 glasses of pinot grigio and cabernet sauvignon. Four of us ordered the Shrimp and Lobster Fettucine, which was wonderful. I enjoyed some of it for lunch the next day. The other lady ordered her "usual": Braised Meatball appetizer and a salad. Our waiter was kind enough to take group photos of us to send to another friend who lives out of state and couldn't be there. We had such a great time, loved the menu, and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Special Occasion PlaceSheila0824VIPDined on 5/23/2014Whenever we are celebrating with 10 - 12 people we pick the Clintonville Wine Bistro and ask for the Wine Room. Separate and Elegant, we always enjoy ourselves. Menu good for sharing and lots of choices to please everyone. Fun to pick out your own wine!Special Features:
- Good Review but Pricey WineReenieDined on 5/21/2014Great place and the food was very good. I think a person should be able to get a glass of chardonnay for less than $15 though. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!KyBuckeyeDined on 5/17/2014First mistake- we took our son with usfor a reservation for 2. You would've thought we hit the hostesses car. She was so rude about it. Sowe were asked to wait for 30 minutes past our reservation. Ok, fine. My blunder in not adding the 3 rd person. Over an hour later, we still were being ignored- felt like punishment- if you will. We did have a 1glass of overpriced wine, 2 sodas, and a mediocre appetizer we could've gotten anywhere for a total of $32.00. We eventually left and had a very enjoyable meal elsewhere. It'll be a long time before we return.
- better this timedinerDined on 5/13/2014my last review stated some negatives, but friends wanted to go try it, so I went again. Have to say the service was much better this time. The food was really good as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and ComfortablearjaysimonVIPDined on 5/4/2014Great meal and great service in a very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun PlaceSteveVIPDined on 4/30/2014We shared wine and dinner with friends. We had two very nice bottles of wine that we selected from a huge number. The meatball appetizer was fantastic, hot and easy to share. The two flat bread choices were perfect to share. They were not this giant pizza, but nice and small, but perfect for four. If you want a fun casual evening with friends, try the Wine Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually really good .....dinerDined on 4/27/2014This was my third time visiting the wine bistro, and the only time I might consider not going back for awhile. I think the service was outstanding the second time, really good the first, and not so good on Sunday. Food came out at different times so we had to wait to eat until the 5th person received their meal, and overall service was a little slow and not too attentive. The food and atmosphere are both really good and comfortable. Sunday was pretty hot inside the restaurant, so air conditioning or an open door would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Birthdays!LimabimaDined on 4/26/2014We celebrated a dear friend's 50th birthday with some close friends. I was happy to be able to reserve a table through Open Table since we were gathering later in the evening. This was my first time at this newer location. It was charming, endearing and conducive to conversation. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food, BUT...FoodloveDined on 4/19/2014It's a little overpriced if you plan on having a filling meal. Don't get me wrong the food is quite tasty, well prepared and FRESH! Our server was excellent. Didn't rush us at all, which I like. Good wine, too. But since the plates are very small, a single course is not enough for a full dinner meal. I would have given 5 stars if not for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCMacVIPDined on 4/19/2014First time at the restaurant and very disappointed in the service...Not sure if understaffed, but waiter was extremely slow and when we asked other servers to find our waiter they didn't...Had to ask repeatedly for more water/ice tea.. I waited 10-15 minutes for plate of olives/meatball..Other people in my party of 5 got their food right away.. Waiter told me because I had to wait - he wouldn't charge me for ice tea/bread basket??? I like the restaurant itself - but service was so bad at 6pm on a Saturday night - not sure if I'll go again..Special Features:
- Clintonville gemPattyDined on 4/16/2014Great place, great food. Just what Clintonville loves and needs!Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Wine Bistro and my guest didn't know it was a special occasion for me. My little secret. The point would be we were treated like it was one even though nobody knew. Food, service, ambiance, everything was wonderful. Can't wait to go back sometime.Special Features:
- Great Date Night placeVicVillagefoodieDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I really enjoyed the food, wine and atmosphere at the Wine Bistro. The small plates were just right and the wine selection is more than adequate. We can't wait to try out the patio in warmer weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014The food and the wine were amazing! The atmosphere was great for relaxing and unwinding from a crazy week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flat bread was warm, winebetsDined on 4/4/2014flat bread was warm, wine by the glass very expensive
- Wine Bistro LunchpmitsDined on 4/3/2014Went to wine bistro for a weekday lunch. The food was excellent as usual. There were only about 3 other tables of people there, but the service was a little slow. Had the "blank and blank" with the soup du jour, which was an Asian chicken, and a blt flatbread. both were very good and a very good value. will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we were looking forQuilterBADined on 3/29/2014A friend was in town for the weekend. We're both quite fond of wine and good food without the pretension or arrogance of so many trendy restaurants. This was exactly right. The wine list is expansive and reasonably priced, the food is delicious and the service is attentive. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Wine Room celebration!Sheila0824VIPDined on 3/26/2014We had a lovely evening in the Wine Room. Their food was delicious! Service was spot on! We requested the Wine Room on Open Table and they were glad to accommodate us! Part of our party could not make it at the last minute and they did not mind. Great evening. We will be back!Special Features:
- Waitress needs more knowledgeDublindinerDined on 3/20/2014Waitress needs more knowledge of wines but was quick to ask bartender for advice. Good ambiance and much better than usual selection of food for a wine bistro.Special Features:
- DelightfulWhitesandDined on 3/20/2014We went at 5:30 to catch happy hour. The wine and happy hour specials were great, as well as the crab cakes we ordered for dinner. We were treated very professionally, left alone to visit, but in no way ignored. Our server was very attentive. The Bistro has a fun menu with many food choices. This is not my first visit and will not be my last.Special Features:
- The food is always good andSwagmaDined on 3/19/2014The food is always good and the atmosphere is lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Out GemJustJanDined on 3/19/2014Wine Bistro is the perfect location for a Girl's Night Out! The wine options are endless and the happy hour menu is DELISH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to ClintonvilleDilvishDined on 3/17/2014It's encouraging to see this sort of restaurant coming to Clintonville — we've always been confused by the apparent attitude that our area couldn't support them. The Wine Bistro seems to prove this belief to be wrong. Every time we go there is a vibrant crowd. While encouraging for the longevity of the restaurant, this does bring about the one factor that I would list as a slight negative — the noise level is a little high, making a dinner with more than one other person a little difficult. Conversation is a bit constrained by having to speak so loudly to be heard by the entire group. Other than that, though, the ambiance is great. And the food is terrific. This place is definitely not just for wine lovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening because of theLisaVIPDined on 3/15/2014Great evening because of the service, food, wine and atmosphere!Special Features: