The Wild Side Grill
7205 S Power Rd
Queen Creek, AZ 85142Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Wild Side Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thewildsidegrill.com/
- Phone: 4808403981x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Jeramie Lopo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Wild Side Grill
Owned and operated by Gilbert Arizona residents and a South Dakota farm family, Wild Side Grill offers a unique and enjoyable experience for the entire family. Grab a Buffalo Burger and choose from one of the 18 on-tap Craft Beers, or indulge in one of our homemade desserts...... and as always we are MORE THAN GREAT STEAKS!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Wild Side Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014From the moment we walked in we were in love. Great service, beer and food. My husband is a avid hunter and has high expectations when it comes to cooking game meat. You guys went over and beyond. We will definitely come back and bring more people. Keep it up :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ray57Dined on 7/5/2014The place was great for different scenery. The place has taxidermied animals throughout - fun to roam around and see each one. The food was excellent. The service was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food was great and the server was taking care of us far above what was expected. I will highly recommend the Wild Side Grill to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- Sad29anniDined on 6/22/2014We had heard about this place and thought we would give it a try for our 29th anni. We went on line to check out their menu and saw where we could make a reservation. Figured if that was an option we better make one. When we got there we almost didn't go in because there were no cars in the parking lot. When we went in there were 8-10 people there. The place was clean and looked like a nice place but a few guys at the bar are screaming at the soccer game on TV. So confused if it was a bar or nice restaurant. They brought two rolls to the table and never asked if we wanted more, and we had to ask for drink refills. My husband got a NY steak and it was over half fat. My chicken alfredo was good. Thought we were going to a nice rest and wasn't
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Love their food. Kids and husband love all the 'trophy' animals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentPonocatVIPDined on 6/8/2014I thought that this place might be good because it claims to serve grass-fed buffalo. The buffalo and elk burger patties were very dried out and excessively salty. I thought that they tasted the same (and I know what both should taste like). Although we were the only two people in the restaurant for lunch, we still didn't get good service. I had to ask repeatedly for more water and iced tea. And we didn't see the waitress again after she brought our food. I won't go back and don't recommend it to others.
- The following 18 reviews are from the The Wild Side Grill reviews archive.
- Had a awesome timebillDined on 5/23/2014Wife, and family had a great time celebrating her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2014Great food, great service, great ambiance. This place was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great plance for wildgame.IanMDined on 5/2/2014Kangaroo, Elk, Buffalo, Shark and great clam chowder. I had the elf/buffalo meatloaf and my wife had the shark, both were great. The clam chowder was one of the best I have had.
- Noisy.JustinDined on 4/25/2014The food is excellent as usual. Ever since the resteraunt changed names the type of crowd along with extremely loud noise level changed with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Wild SideFoodiesDined on 4/24/2014Our waitress was Brooke. She made all the difference in making this repeat visit exceptional pleasant. She knew the menu the wine list and offered us the membership. We have never had a mediocre experience here, all have been great, but this time it was really special. Thank you Brooke.Special Features:
- Not so Wilddanij2224Dined on 3/23/2014This restaurant used to be called Trophy's. We heard it was a decent steak house with an outdoorsman theme. When it reopened as Wild Side, we noticed, antelope, bear, elk, bison and other exotic meats. When we did arrive, 8 or so months after it opened, we found that almost all of the exotic meat had been removed from the menu and replaced with grass fed organic beef. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but that is not exactly "wild". Menu was disappointing. However, we ordered the sampler plate (antelope sausage, elk and buffalo meatloaf, grass fed beef, frog legs and calamari....supposed to have rocky mountain oysters, but they do not serve those anymore). All of the meat was tender, flavorful and Served with a smile.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.ChandlerDudeDined on 2/21/2014Seems like this restaurant is steadily going downhill. Started out well a few years back as as a steakhouse specializing in wild game, with unusual menu items like venison, elk, kangaroo, and buffalo, with hunting trophies that the original owner acquired during his hunting days in North America. Today, unfortunately, the wild game has all but disappeared (they always seem to be "out" of the same 2-3 wild game menu items), the prices remain high, wide-screen TVs and an overly-loud sports bar motif is the new atmosphere, and the service has declined to practically non-existent. Now what you get are Outback-quality steaks at Morton's prices with Mel's Diner service. I used to really like this place, but last week was my last visit. Too bad.
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Food menu and bar selection was extreme with excellent prices .... a favorite for any hungry Bear!Special Features:
- Goin' back!HungryoneDined on 2/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised by our first trip to the Wild Side. Hubby loves meat, and they had a fabulous selection. I had the trout and it was delicious. The portions were SENSIBLE, and the food cooked the way we asked. The steak was even up to hubby's sky-high standards, and that's a rarity in the USA. Being from Canada we felt comfortable in the lodgy atmosphere with stuffed bear, elk, moose, etc. I liked that tables are generously spaced so we could talk. They have tables, booths and high tables for everyone and an attractive bar. It was very clean here. I look forward to going back to sample more great food that is a departure from the usual, hum-drum fare at so many other restaurants. Maybe this time we can do the patio dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but was Better the 1st TimetularockstarDined on 2/1/2014This was our second time visiting the Wild Side. The decor was interesting, as it showcased the wild game the owner of the restaurant has hunted over the years. Both big and small game were stuffed and professionally displayed for all customers to see. If you like Cabela's you'd like this place! Food wise, we had a great experience the first time we'd visited. My steak fajita salad was incredible! However, our 2nd time there was a bit different, as I ordered the same dish. The tortilla was completely dried and stiff, as it was sat out the entire day, then heated on a grill. The steak was still very good, but the salsa tasted different. But, overall the food was good. The service, was the best part of our visits. We'll visit again.Special Features:
- date nighttmartDined on 1/26/2014It was our First date. Very nice time. very friendly ppl we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimbo of MesajiminmesaDined on 1/25/2014Our first visit. People of all ages. Great variety in menu. NOT the same old stuff you see everywhere else. Someone commented on the reviews that it was too loud. Not our experience and we were there on a Sat. night. A surprising 10 on this fussy boy's scale.Special Features:
- visiting from CA.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014Loved the food! Had a great server! Was pleasantly surprised! Will go again when we come back to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBlerickDined on 1/4/2014We ordered the appetizer platter and were told that three of the items were not available. Kangaroo, oysters, frog legs. The reason we came to the restaurant was to have wild game. The meatloaf was very dry. Spinach salad was good but not enough dressing so we asked for more, next time we will call ahead to make sure all foods are available.I would recommend this to a friend.
- How to treat a friendNorskeDined on 12/16/2013I love this place to entertain friends, who might never have found or heard of this place before. It's ambience offers something no one else in this Valley can possibly match. The Server was knowledgeable and most helpful. We wanted to try an item menu that is seldom found anywhere, but we are skeptical to order because it's very hard to prepare correctly & tasteful. We were assured we would not be disappointed and it was delicious! The presentation was as beautiful as the food was tasty! I would recommend this restaurant to people of all ages, they are so willing to accommodate everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to be able to turn downOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2013need to be able to turn down the volume on the movie speakers. we had a party of adults that had to listen to a very loud children's movieI would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could not be any worse.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2013Service could not be any worse. It too 45min to get a bottle of wine and one drink. It took 5 more min for the waiter to bring glasses for the wine. Water came with bread about another 5 min. Food arrived about 1:15 from we we sat down. Soup and salad came at same time as main course which one of 4 orders was wrong. Food was tasty but service runied averything. I will not give it a second try.
- WOW. Exceptional food, 5-starKHoffyDined on 12/9/2013This restaurant is a hidden gem. The food is exotic and exceptional. If they were well known, I guarantee there would be a month long waiting list to get a reservation. Striking décor exhibiting animals obtained by the world traveling owners. 5-star on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.