The Wild Rose
11516 South District Drive Suite 500
South Jordan, UT 84095Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Wild Rose
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wildrose-district.com/
- Phone: (801) 790-7673
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Rose
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining for groups of 10 to 40. A minimum fee may apply.
- Private Party Contact: Ken 8017907673
A word from The Wild Rose
The Wild Rose is a Fine Dining Restaurant serving contemporary American food in South Jordan.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Wild Rose - Best Restaurants in South Jordan ›
The Wild Rose reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (45)notable wine list (21)good for groups (21)late-night find (7)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DeanerDined on 11/17/2014What an incredible meal! Best pork belly I have ever tasted(appetizer)! Delicious food!. My only suggestion would be that they work on their dessert menu. The best service ever. Love to dine at the Wild Rose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delight for the eyes as well as the palate!JesterDined on 11/17/2014The meal was excellent. The presentation was beautiful, but the flavor of the food was even better. I highly recommend the lamb. The only minor service error was failure to offer more hot water for our teapots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Wild Rose is our Favorite!foodeeDined on 11/15/2014We LOVE when we get a chance to visit the Wild Rose. The food has never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice alternative at the DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This restaurant is a nice alternative to the busy chain restaurants in the District. They take reservations both by phone and online. Even though the restaurant is in a strip mall, they have an fairly good job of decorating. Couples can easily converse and there was a side room for large groups. The wait staff was good and although the wine list was somewhat limited, it was paired very well with their entrees. The prices can be a little bit more than an average restaurant and so is probably more of special occasion restaurant vs. taking the entire family. They do have their menu online which can help if price may be a concern. One final note about the food. Their beef tenderloin was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard to find!SallyDined on 11/14/2014i enjoyed the food and the service was great, but this restaurant is very hard to find. If you live in the area it probably is easier to locate, but my friend and I came from the east side and the directions are not easy to follow as once you get into the District and all the stores etc. it has to offer, it's not something you spot easily. Should have better signage and much better directions on the website. I would not come again because it's too far away and not worth it to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were greatLark1701Dined on 11/14/2014The special for the evening was a 16 oz ribeye and shrimp. I said to the waiter that I would like to have the special if I could have it half size. I was surprised when he said they would be glad to do that. As a result the portion was great and the accompanying fresh green beans, and other vegetable offerings made for a wonderful dinner. The waiter was very gracious and attentive. I've been there a couple of times before and this was the best of the evenings by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Amiable staff.MichaelDined on 11/13/2014But ... we used a TravelZoo Coupon for prepaid dinner for two, and paid another $42.50 added to our meal; that was not explained before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Wild RoseMEA1Dined on 11/9/2014We come here often and I am especially happy that they are now open on Sundays. Dinner and service were excellent and as always, I love the thought and care given to the vegetables.Special Features:
- Excellent food at a great valuePCdinnerDined on 11/9/2014Park City quality food at Salt Lake prices. I eaten there three times. (a birthday dinner tradition). The food is always excellent. This last time we obviously had a novice server. At least she was pleasant and obviously trying to do her best. My steak could have been served sooner after coming off the stove. The vegetables (squash, beet and carrots were excellent) As always a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and excellent serviceAlexis1161Dined on 11/9/2014Great food, service and ambiance. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wild rose resturantjfo55Dined on 11/8/2014Amazing service, great group of people that work there , the food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food.GoguitaDined on 11/8/2014Our food was incredible! Everything was perfectly cooked, tasted heavenly and had beautiful presentation. The service was great too. This place makes a night a very special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencediningforpleasureDined on 11/8/2014Superb food! Amazing spread of food and wine. Open dining ambiance but quiet at our table. Appetizer, salads and main entry food choices with good variety. Dessert choices were limited and questionably homemade versus frozen and thawed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceEpicurianDined on 11/7/2014Target is fine dining, and they are pretty good in this area. Service was excellent. If you like wine in everything you eat you'll be delighted. My wife cannot handle wine in her food, and they were accommodating about preparing the dish without it. The dish turned out great. Best food on the menu was not the entrees but the cheesecake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary dinner. The food was excellent, as was the service and atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wildroserDined on 10/25/2014The food and atmosphere were lovely. I would recommend the Wild Rose to anyone. Delicious, well presented food that was just the right portion size. The house salad was wonderful and the entrees were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- epeckmommapeckDined on 10/23/2014Excellent service, excellent food, our favorite special occasion or date night spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite fine diningkaysoDined on 10/19/2014Delicious.... try the pork belly appetizer... Had the mahi mahi, it was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wild RosefoodeeDined on 10/18/2014We Love the Wild Rose! We get a chance to get up to this place at least once every 3 months. We have never been disappointed with the food and service! Thank you for another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Good Service!mskiutahDined on 10/10/2014Any place that takes reservations here in Utah is a good find. This place has great food. Their sauces are amazing. My favorite is their between salad and main course "palette cleanser". I always have to order more for dessert. The atmosphere is perfect for conversation and the service is always friendly and helpful. I hesitate to tell everyone about this place since it will just get more difficult to get a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and excellent serviceAlexis1161Dined on 10/5/2014The food here is great! Typically my husband and I cine here for special occasions, however, since they have started having such great specials we've been coming more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Wild RoseMEA1Dined on 9/27/2014We dine here regularly and it is always delicious. We had our son's wedding rehearsal dinner here in May due to our love of the restaurant. the food is prepared with care and the side vegetables are not an after thought, they are beautifully prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food from the garden!iluv2dineDined on 9/27/2014We always enjoy the Wild Rose and their wonderful use of fresh produce from their garden. This time we had a caprese salad with a variety of fresh tomatoes. It was delicious and interesting to sample 6 different types of tomatoes at one time. The mushroom ravioli is rich, creamy, fresh - amazing.Special Features:
- Special occasion spotJimBDined on 9/26/2014We have been to The Wild Rose many times for special occasions since they opened and have Always been impressed with the quality of the food. White tablecloth restaurant with a casual feel. I absolutely love the Pork Belly appetizer (the jalapeño grits are terrific). Their Rib Eye steak was perfect at medium rare, tender and juicy. The chicken was very flavorful and moist. Side dishes were well presented and so tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SFfoodcriticSFfoodcriticDined on 9/24/2014I had the cheese and salami plate as an appetizer...it was great. Excellent selection of cheeses. As a main course I had the rack of lamb which was done exactly to my liking (medium rare plus). The accompanying relish was also good. Overall, a very good meal in a nice restaurant with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumtimeslcDined on 9/22/2014Went here with family to celebrate my birthday last night. Our first visit here. What a wonderful find. The food, the ambiance, the service was all superb! The Lamb and Tenderloin steak that we ordered was cooked perfectly and scrumptious. I would highly recommend this great restaurant as a destination place for either special occasions or if you are just seeking out a fine dining experience at any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MelanieDined on 9/20/2014Great place to eat for a special occasion. It was expensive so we won't eat there often. But the good, service and wine were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating is poor near patio doorAverageDinerDined on 9/20/2014While the food at the Wild Rose is still good, well prepared, and served quickly, the menu of items is getting a little stale. Specials are not that special, at least on my last few visits. Also, I was seated in front of the door to the patio and was bumped almost every time the staff went into or out of the patio door. We were seated there even though a whole row of tables away from the door were empty. Learned my lesson, but I won't return for some time. Too bad they don't care more about their customers comfort.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Took my daughter here for a special date night. It was a great experience and she loved every minute of going to a "fancy" restaurant. Food was very good and we both enjoyed our mahi-mahi and ribeye. Atmosphere was very nice and we really enjoyed our little date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!BobbyDined on 9/19/2014Love this place. Can be romantic or a fun place for a group of friends. We have been about six times since they opened. The scallops and pork belly are to die for!!! Would like to see them change or add couple of new items to entrees. This time we both had the tenderloin with blue cheese so tenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always yummylove2eatDined on 9/13/2014I'm not sure why this place is not more crowded. I love it every time I go.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food and staff at Wild Rose were excellent. The server was very attentive to my wife and I. The food came out in a timely manner and was cooked to perfection. The only change needed to to somehow finish the building off. The walls are out up but the ceiling is not finished. It kind of feels like your on a set making a movie. Aside from that everything was perfect and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fantastic service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014You must try their beef tenderloin, it is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014I recently went to the Wild Rose with my wife for a special occasion. The service here is great and the food is outstanding! The attention to detail is amazing. Thank you to the staff and ownership for creating such a great place for a special meal.
- good place for a special meal.sv98Dined on 9/1/2014We go often because it is a nice change to the chains. We go for special occasions but the split plate option ($5 added to any entree and they bring it out split each of you getting sides) allows a cheaper alternative or allows us to get an appetizer/dessert and both leaving satusfied. We have yet to order something we didn't enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beef tenderloinDragonflyeDined on 8/26/2014Their beef tenderloin is what I consider their best dish. It's always tender, perfectly cooked, and covered with a slice of blue cheese and a delicious demi-glaze. I also love their vegetables, and their house salad can't be beat. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not finejmhoffman82Dined on 8/22/2014I'm a pretty good cook, so when I go to a fine dining restaurant, I expect to get something that I'd have a lot of trouble recreating or imagining up at home. When I ate at The Wild Rose, the food was tasted like it came from good cooks, not serious chefs. It's not worth the fine dining price tag if I can come up with something as good or better at home.
- Can't go wrong herelove2eatDined on 8/22/2014I have been to the Wild Rose several times and have never been disappointed. You can usually get a reservation last minute, or walk in and be seated fairly quickly. My favorite is their pork belly appetizer and the beef tenderloin entree. I'm craving it just thinking about it. Delicious.Special Features:
- mommapeckmommapeckDined on 8/19/2014We love the wild rose, my very favorite restaurant. Food is always good, never any complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceWildroseDined on 8/18/2014Great food and superb service. The Wild Rose is a wonderful place for that special occasion. Food is elegantly prepared and is well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.