The Wild Mushroom
1917 Martin Dr
Weatherford, TX 76086Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Wild Mushroom
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thewildmushroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8175994935
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jerrett Joslin and Mike Spangler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full range of catering options please contact location for more detail.
- Private Party Facilities: Three spacious rooms all with wifi and two with fireplaces. Rooms close off the public for your dinning privacy.
- Private Party Contact: Jerrett Joslin 8175994935
A word from The Wild Mushroom
The Wild Mushroom is a prime steak house serving top choice, prime steaks from premium vendors, paired with hand-selected seafood from all over the world. Our cuisine is so special that each meal becomes a story to share with family and friends. Come to the Wild Mushroom for an experience you"ll remember forever, an interlude of indulgence and gratification to be equaled only when you visit us again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Wild Mushroom - Best Restaurants in Weatherford ›
The Wild Mushroom reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (35)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Waddell ExperienceCorvetteGuyDined on 8/23/2014We love going to the Wild Mushroom for special occasions like birthdays, anniversary, holidays, and just for the occasional dinning out with our friends. The food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Our Date Night PlaceKathyVIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I have been going To this restaurant ever since it Opened. We choose this gem as one of our date nights. The staff always takes care of us. Very knowledgeable of their menu and wines. Never rushed through our meals. That's important to us. Their food is always cooked to order. Prime rib is amazing. This place will always be one of our go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014We eat here on a regular basis and the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/19/2014This was our first visit, but it will definitely not be our last one. It was so quiet and comfortable. Teresa(?) is a wonderful server......so informative about the menu.... and efficient...we just loved he! The food was unbelievably good.....filet was just awesome as was everything else. Thanks for being part of Restaurant Week and enticing us to drive out from Fort Worth.
- Regrettable choice.DisappointedInWeatherfordDined on 8/15/2014Went there for anniversary. Waited one hour for food. Portions very small. Prices high. Fillet was burned one side. No view. Best service was the water boy. Had to ask for a waitress. Prices higher than fort Worth. Save money. Drive to fort Worth and go to Reata.
- The Wild MushroomPaulDined on 8/8/2014Great service and food. Perfect place for a special occasion. Always great to support local economy while having an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I love going to the wild mushroom for a nice dinner. Their seafood and steak are amazing. The french onion soup is my favorite! It is so nice not having to drive into Ft. Worth to go out for a nice meal. I would actually rank the Wild Mushroom over the majority of high end restaurants in Ft. Worth.Special Features:
- Not bad, pricey, not fine dininggarion159Dined on 7/30/2014While the food was prepared well overall, presentation and seasoning left much to be desired. The turkey leg appetizer was on the bone and plated poorly. The sea bass with truffle butter did not appear or taste to have any truffles involved. The rack of lamb was done very well. The surf and turf came out nicely and was the savior of the meal. The quail was done well, with a great flavor, but was overcooked. The cake-less crab cake was excellent and presented very well. The chocolate cake was out of a box. The most disappointing part of the meal was the ambiance. For the price we paid, we expected a fine dining establishment, not baseball caps, flip-flops and shorts. The wait staff was friendly, but not trained to fine dining standards.
- Best dining experienceGoodtimes22Dined on 7/26/2014A true gem. It's expensive, but everything is top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicePixieDined on 7/26/2014The waiter was vey rude, food ok, did not ask if we wanted desert. After waiting on our main entree for almost an hour we ask what was taking so long on our order? The waiter responded "Are you starving to death".Special Features:
- Good food but way overpricedFoodfansDined on 7/25/2014Steak was ok but nothing special especially since it only comes with fries for $41. Escargots was less than appetizing as they were spread out on a plate and looked like dried olives. Served with a sweet sauce. Salmon was good, but very overpriced. Service was not horrible just average. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Absolutely excellentAtlantaDinerDined on 7/12/2014As a pretty good home cook, I would rate this an 11 out of 10. Perfect preparation, flavor, service, presentation and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1620diningoutDined on 7/12/2014The wine was very good, and the bread is great. My husband liked the lamb very much. It was cooked perfectly. I had the squab stuffed with goat cheese. I was disappointed as the squab was over cooked and extremely dry. The risota was excellent. We each took a cheese cake home. They were just okay. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing in every way!!!AnniversarydateDined on 7/12/2014This was our 20th anniversary and I wanted romance and he really didn't care. My husband found The Wild Mushroom when he googled "fine dining near Springtown". He read the reviews and I was approved of his choice. I made our reservation and asked for a romantic area of the resturant since this was a special occasion. We ordered the quail and shrimp cocktail for our appetizers, shared the 22 oz ribeye and added the lobster tail and we had their blueberry and strawberry cheesecake. Everything...I mean everything was perfect! The service was excellent as well. We were treated like royalty. Definitely a night we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild about the Wild MushroomCindyBDined on 7/9/2014Impressed by the ambiance...it's hard to find a quiet restaurant these days! Food was excellent as was the wait staff. Just a short drive from the DFW area but well worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait staff was excellent.Goodfood001Dined on 7/7/2014The food was mediocre at best. Steak (Prime Filet) was requested medium, it was well done. I was extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- Always above and beyondAledomomDined on 6/18/2014Chef Jerrett and his crew always do above and beyond a great job! It was delicious as always and will be back. Thanks for a great time, drinks & foodSpecial Features:
- One of Our Favoritesfamilyof6Dined on 6/6/2014Been coming to the Wild Mushroom for several years. Food is always excellent and service as well. Running out of their specialty of the day, Prime Rib, at 7:30PM was disappointing, but this is the first time this has happened. Wife and I had the Chilean Sea Bass and it was fabulous. Fresh veggies grilled to perfection. They introduced us to a new Washington State merlot which was one of the best I have ever had. No room for dessert but Death by Chocolate cheesecake is to die for if you have room. Service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodLoverDined on 6/6/2014We really enjoed our lunch. Loved this upscale resturant in Weatherford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cooked filetAnniversaryDined on 5/24/2014Ask for a nice table for an anniversary dinner. It didn't happen. We were across from 2 children. Medium rare steak was medium at best. We waited 25 minutes for our steak after salad. We did not want to wait for another steak. We were offered dessert .Special Features:
- GuggsDined on 5/21/2014We love Wild Mushroom. It is a favorite for sure! It is unexpected find in a small town. The food is so good- I can never decide what to get. We are always treated like family and the wait staff is spot on. We always look forward to the next time:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCOKDined on 5/20/2014Good food and good service. we enjoyed the evening. Next time will book a table, booth small for four people.Special Features:
- Great placedhikDined on 5/17/2014It is a great place to celebrate a special occasion. The entire experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Good serviceCWW1Dined on 5/12/2014The food was very good but if I am being honest, if I didn't have gift certificates I wouldn't pay to eat here. Not that what I ordered wasn't worth it. Neither Lamb nor seafood is cheap to buy, so I am sure the cost is justified on their part. I just personally don't make a habit of spending $50 + for one persons meal and if I do, I would choose Simply Fondue or Texas de Brazil in downtown Fort Worth. My wife had the lamb and said it was good but not as good as overseas. Of course she says most Americans don't know how to cook lamb. The service was great right up to when we were ready for our ticket, a few more tables had been seated and it took us a good 20 minutes to get our check after we had asked for it. All and all it was nice.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchgoodbrunchDined on 5/11/2014Food was great and prices comparable for Brunch. Shrimp and Grits, Crab Cake Salad, Pork Loin and Egg Sandwich were all delicious. The cheesecake was amazing. Ambience was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseAWonderfulSurpriseDined on 5/11/2014Found this place on the Internet, without much to expect. Took Mom there for Mother's Day and was profoundly impressed with the entire experience! The personnel were excellent, the food was excellent! An amazing surprise in Weatherford, Texas. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchfoodsnobDined on 5/11/2014We had a lovely brunch...the menu was imaginative, yet not too complicated, several excellent choices in each category. I loved that it was a la carte, rather than fixed price for a special occasion. Service was impeccable! We had a party of 3 and everyone enjoyed everything we ordered! I loved the New South Caesar with goat cheese and my husband enjoyed the fried chicken and waffle.....very hard to find good fried chicken at a nice venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't do brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Dinner menu is much better then brunch. One of our favorite places for dinner, but brunch was a thumbs down.Special Features:
- disappointedMegan0227Dined on 5/3/2014I came here on a groupon deal. I would have been angry had a paid full price. The food was average to say the least. The dessert was awful. The cheesecake tasted terrible. However, the service was good.Special Features:
- The following 606 reviews are from the The Wild Mushroom reviews archive.
- OutstandingfoodiegirlDined on 4/25/2014Always a good experience at the Wild Mushroom. Waiting staff is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful5starDined on 4/18/2014Wonderful as always. Food and drinks were great. Service was knowledgeable with great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAnnieUDined on 4/18/2014Very attentive wait staff and manager stopped by a couple of times to make sure things were perfect. Lamb with blueberry risotto was exceent - and the jalapeño and bacon macaroni and cheese was fabulous! Very nice house Merlot. Chocolate cake was enough for the whole table to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodTexas88Dined on 4/8/2014Had the seafood indulgence as a main course along with an O'Dell's to appreciate. Very tasty. My wife enjoyed the salmon cooked just right. You won't ever regret choosing WM for that special occasion. It is one of the best restaurants in the Weatherford area and not to be missed. Thank you for always living up to my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!ShellyDined on 4/5/2014We frequent the Mushroom often and have nothing but great things to say about the food and service! You are greeted with a smile and professionalism, food is always hot with amazing service to please the customer, and great atmosphere. I highly recommend Lauren as your server! She is courteous, attentive and eager to make your dinning experience the very best! She is knowledgeable about wines, the food and is great with suggestions. Love the new menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You don't want to miss this!JohnsDined on 4/4/2014The food and service is fantastic! The wine recommendations were right on. I wish I hadn't waited so long to try the wild mushroom! The cake-less crab cake is fantastic, as are the fillet and sea bass. Everything was perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in WeatherfordThatgirlDined on 4/2/2014My husband and I always enjoy dining at the Wild Mushroom! I watch for Groupons, when possible and get a nice experience AND a great deal. Best place for nice steak dinner in Weatherford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 45th anniversaryPammersDined on 3/31/2014We had a wonderful special evening. Everything was perfect but not pretentious ...well done!Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014We always enjoy eating at Wild Mushroom, always a great experience!!!Special Features:
- First time to go and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014First time to go and the food was great as well as the service. Our waitress Casey was adorable and so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and relaxingKamacDined on 3/28/2014Overall very pleasant. Wait staff was attentive and knowledgable without being intrusive. I had heard from others that the cauliflower soup was very good and it did not disappoint. I would highly recommend it. The prime rib was a good thick portion, perfectly cooked but could have used some seasoning. Catch of the day excellent. The house wine was a very good blend. Definitely recommend Wild Mushroom for an enjoyable evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.