The Wild Fig
315 East Hyman
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
The Wild Fig
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thewildfig.com/
- Phone: 9709255160
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week 5:30 till close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Wild Fig is a great location for all events and parties. We can also accommodate you with our other locations (Lulu Wilson)
- Private Party Contact: Samantha Cordts-pearce 9709255160
A word from The Wild Fig
The Wild Fig is Aspens only Brasserie, bringing the coast line of France, Italy, Spain and Greece to your fork. With it's white French subway tiled walls and warm burgundy red banquets and marble top bar, this is One of Aspens hot spots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Wild Fig reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (15)special occasion (13)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Too tight for comfortAnnieVIPDined on 9/25/2014We visited this restaurant 7 years ago and just adored it, but this last week was not the same experience. They are crowding too many tables into an already tiny space where we actually had 8" inches of space between our table and and another guest's back of his chair! The majority of guests were using their cell phones to read their menus as the lighting is terrible...and we are young! It took 20 minutes for the waiter to bring us our cocktails when we arrived, because he forgot to put our order in. The food used to be fabulous and this time it was only okay.
- Awesome Placefun2eatDined on 9/10/2014Visit Aspen every year and make sure we get here at least once! Love the food, atmosphere and how quaint it is. Would recommend to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014We return to this restaurant because the food is always good and we like the small intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014We had the special risotto with sweet corn and lamb cooked to perfection. Fantastic restaurant, perfect for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Very good as always. Food is done well. Service is attentive. Not overly friendly, but prompt and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/28/2014Excellent service & outstanding food & wine made for a great anniversary dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good even with a few glitches...jemandsgmDined on 7/27/2014Great menu and very good service. The portabello carpacchio was disappointing. Companions raved about risotta. My lamb kabob was well intentioned but the meat was tough. We'll return and hope for better next time.Special Features:
- DeliciouscarolinefcoloradoDined on 7/15/2014With the help of open table we were able to find this restaurant when passing through aspen. They were very accommodating and so was the weather for outdoor seating. The lamb kebabs were fabulous. The Greek salad appeared a little plain but the mint added a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidJoneserDined on 7/8/2014Went to Wild fig on a recommendation and thought the food was very good. It had a nice menu and the food was very tasty. The seafood stew, veal scallopini and the roasted chicken were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodCG01VIPDined on 7/4/2014Charming restaurant. Good food and service. Staff is very attentive. The move the outdoor umbrellas as the sun sets.Special Features:
- Rude maitre'dOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2014The food was very good, and our server was good also; howver, the women who greted us and brought us to our table was rude and offensvie. I spoke with the restaurnat earleir in the day to remind them that we would be six adults and a four month old in a srtroller. When we arrived, said woman (blonde with a black dress on), showed us to a table qwith only six chairs and no room for the stroller. That was OK;howver, when we told her it wouldn't work and I related that I spoke with the restaurant ealrier in the day, she acted all put out and provded no option. My wife spotted a table on the other side of the dining room that might work, and the woman seemed upset that we should have that table. She ruined our evening.Special Features:
- The following 156 reviews are from the The Wild Fig reviews archive.
- Can't go wrong at Wild FigAlFrescoDined on 6/20/2014Great outdoor dining in the summer on the terrace at the Wild Fig. Excellent menu (I had the fish in a "bag"-- poached in parchment paper), good wine selection, attentive service. This is a restaurant that takes reservations seriously-- so make sure you get your whole group assembled on time at Hyman Avenue, right in the bellybutton of Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but priceydogbreathDined on 6/18/2014Wild Fig is a small upscale restaurant in a prime location. The food is good but both the food and the wine are overpriced compared to other restaurants. Have dined in 4 Aspen restaurants this week and Wild Fig is #4.
- Quiet LeaderAspenRunnerDined on 6/14/2014The Fig doesn't make a lot of noise in town - they just quietly go about offering the best food in the Valley. It's creative and full of surprising flavors. The rissotto on Saturday night was to die for. And for a syandard cut of beef, the flat iron steak had several surprises -super tender and filled with middle eastern flavor even without the delicious glaze. And....GREAT service. As an full time Aspen resident this is my absolute fave restaurant. Hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just loved this placeluvmeedooDined on 6/7/2014The Wild Fig blew my husband and I away. We were out in Aspen for our anniversary and decided to make reservations here. The food was excellent. Everything we tried was unique and delicious. The service was great and I have to say, we were ready to drop major dollars to have a nice celebratory dinner and the pricing for this restaurant was well below what we expected. They do a three course tasting menu for $33.00 which includes a starter, a full entrée and dessert. We were able to try a number of items across the menu. We thought it was one of the best meals we've had in a long time and the reasonable pricing just added to the experience.Special Features:
- It was closed!gac5Dined on 5/3/2014I wish I could rate this restaurant fairly but after we made reservations for my birthday weekend in early May, we showed up to a closed restaurant (for mud season). I'm not sure whose fault this is in terms of communication - Open Table's or the Wild Fig's. I would hope that Open Table would know when a restaurant is temporarily closed!
- Nice setting for a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014The space is very nice and clean. It is intimate, with only about 40 seats and the noise level is low enough to have a conversation amongst friends. The food was good, but not amazing. Two diners at my table loved their dishes, short ribs with pasta for one and the fish stew for another. My steak was full of gristle, so I was not so thrilled.. Overall, I think I would have like to see more international dishes, like kebabs and eggplant dishes or a variety of mezzes, since the name implies a Mediterranean theme.Special Features:
- Memorable mealJoeyDined on 3/14/2014Mussels were tender and sauce was excellent. Lamb was best I have ever eaten and cooked perfectly. Will be first on my list next time in AspenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to begin?!AnnieDined on 3/5/2014The seating was comfortable, yet intimate. The wine, exceptional...and the food simply delicious. Ample portions, perfectly cooked and served. This place is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014Food was delicious, service excellent. wine list not ridiculous but a good selection of medium priced bottles. WOuld highly recommend it. If we are back to Aspen, we would frequent the WIld Fig again and we love to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedSkiingnutDined on 2/15/2014A consistently great restaurant. Sensible sized menu with good quality produce. Relaxed bistro style with mediterranean influence. Excellent fish dishes such as marinated whole Colorado striped bass and succulent fish "in a bag" using fresh herbs and vegetables. Well structured wine list. Wild Fig will always be a multiple time booking during our stays in Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great until the endOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/14/2014After we ordered an appetizer of hummus, baba ghanouj, olive tapenade, and falafel, we wait 45 minutes for this plate of presumably already prepared items to be plated and served. We did not say anything at the time. We enjoyed the dish, as well as our other food. However, when it was time to decide on dessert, the waiter informed us that we needed to make up our minds right away, because they had allotted only two hours for our table. At that point, we were shocked, and we informed them that if they need to turn over their tables every two hours, they had better pace their service better. The manager, after making the excuse that the kitchen was backed up, removed the appetizer from our bill. We didn't order dessert.
- quaint dining spotjackDined on 2/13/2014Thought the restaurant met our expectations. For Aspen, the price was about right. Dining room is small and intimate. Ordered the ribeye and pork chops which were both ordered medium rare which I think came out just a bit more done than what I would have expected but it was still good nonetheless. no complaints about service.Special Features:
- Cozy spot. Great food & energy2foodiesVIPDined on 2/12/2014Great food. Place is small but that makes it even better and fits the atmosphere, but u don't feel like u r on top of anyone. All the food that came out looked like I wanted to try it! Great vino. Definitely must try it, but would probably need a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine list, good foodilovewineDined on 2/11/2014I was particularly impressed by the wine list. It's extensive, caters to every taste imaginable and you have some real gems in there. I ordered a "Greco di Tufo" Italian white! What a rare find! In Aspen, of all places! I recommend the whole fish. It was prepared to perfection, not overcooked like many restaurants will usually end up doing.Special Features:
- Warm and invitingTessDined on 2/10/2014Wonderful experience at the intimate Wild Fig! Service from the coat check to table wait staff was friendly and professional. Steak was fantastic and everyone in the group enjoyed their meal. Mustn't miss the fig salad.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerLazengDined on 2/5/2014My wife and I took a break from skiing to celebrate our anniversary with our ski buddies and chose Wild Fig. It was a great choice with the service being fabulous in a busy but cosy restaurant in downtown Aspen. We had great food and wine and a really great time. Thank you Wild Fig.Special Features:
- great little spotjonnytDined on 2/5/2014I must say, this was one if the better dinners I've had in a while. Restaurant had a very cozy feel, staff was friendly and seemed very knowledgeable, and food was outstanding. I would ABSOLUTELY go back just for the rack of lamb, and I don't even like lamb. Definitely worth a try if you find yourself looking for a nicer dinner on your way through aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouscwitterVIPDined on 2/1/2014We made last minute reservations via Open Table after our flight was cancelled due to weather. After peering into the window upon arrival, we were a little nervous about how they would feel about our kids (7 & 10) joining us. While they did not have a kid's menu, they did offer my younger son pasta with butter or marinara. I would say this restaurant is mainly an adult place but well-behaved children will do just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite stops whileWineheartDined on 1/12/2014One of my favorite stops while in Aspen. Food never disappoints and def didn't this time. Had the farm raised grilled Colorado ?Bass. Was outrageous. And a perfect bottle of Priorat. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Patrizia JanuaryPatriziaDined on 1/3/2014Good Restaurant and great ambience. The best we tried so far in Aspen. We would definitively go back.Special Features:
- Best meal we had in Aspen!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/2014We loved our evening at The Wild Fig! It was the best dinner we had during our stay in Aspen. Inventive cocktail menu - try the Ginger Margarita! If they are serving the whole striped bass definitely try it - it was perfectly cooked and delicious!Special Features:
- Expectations fulfilled at Wild FigMurphyDined on 12/24/2013The four of us had a wonderful meal in Aspen on a cold winter's night. We had an early reservation and arrived on time but caught the staff finishing up their evening meal. Their greeting was less warm than it should've been, but by the end of the evening everyone was cordial. Our waiter was French, and fun. We enjoyed him, our wine and dishes, very much. We'll definitely go back when we return to Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Given the Boot Before DesertFrankZVIPDined on 12/23/2013Whenever we came to Aspen (usually twice a year) we always dined at the Wild Fig. We did this again on 12/23. This time we were totally disappointed. We had appetizers and our entrees and we were looking forward to coffee and desert. No sooner had we finished our entre (we were at the restaurant for 1 1/4 hr.) when the waiter took our plates and dropped off the check. I told him we were planning on ordering desert. The waiter replied that they needed our table and we could take dessert to go. I expressed our displeasure to no avail. I have never had this happen in my life and do not plan on going back - there are too many other wonderful dining spots in Aspen (L'Hostera being our favorite) to have to endure this type of service.
- Wild Fig Fantastic!lcjlondonDined on 12/23/2013The Wild Fig is fantastic...everything we had heard and more. It has a wonderful ambiance and the food is superb. Everyone in our party of 6 was delighted with their meals, from the handmade pastas to the roasted chicken and fish cooked in parchment. The truffle fries are by far the BEST we have ever had! There are some good wines to choose from as well. The restaurant is tiny & cozy but you felt like you could have a conversation. We were very impressed and will be going back for an encore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverrateddiscerningdinerVIPDined on 10/12/2013Very quaint, tiny restaurant -- very european feeling. We dined over the columbus day weekend and had the fixed price menu. The greek salad was worthy of a diner and not a "finer" dining restaurant -- very forgettable. The vegeterian pasta entree was watery, loose and craved for some fresh herbs and flavor. My dining companion had the wild fig salad -- which I assume was their signature salad -- which was "OK". Needed a more deft hand and lacked subtle flavors. The lobster risotto was interesting, and not in a good way. The rice was overcooked (the grains were split), yet the whole dish was "soupy" and lacked the creamy feel of a nice risotto. Again, it was a cute restaurant, but I certainly expected better food :(
- Great once you get inSaharaDined on 10/5/2013Place was jammed at 9pm on an October Saturday night. Waited over a half hour for a place to eat but it was worth it. Food as good as always, the lamb shank and tiramisu were to die for. Broken expresso machine major disappointment of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious dinner in aspenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2013Great meal, great service. Cozy restaurant, so make a reservation if possible. We had excellent cocktails, the salad and starter options were fabulous. Wild Fig fries were delicious. My only request would be to provide more veggies with the entree rather than having to order side dishes like at a steak house. I will definitely come back the next time I am in Aspen.Special Features:
- Wild Fig - AspenDeliciousDined on 8/31/2013It's a small restaurant on a side street. Seating indoors or out. Typical Aspen prices - twice those you'd find anywhere else. The bread was warm, which was great and the food was good. Salads are about $13, pasta $23. My friend had an 8-oz steak for $38.Special Features:
- AWFULOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2013Food was worse than awful. Greek salad was all lettuce and a few olives. Pasta sauce tasted like dish water. Have not eaten in a restaurant this bad in years.