The Wild Fig
405 North Road
Coquitlam, BC V3K 3V9Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Wild Fig
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copperclub.ca/
- Phone: 6049374666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Boban Kovachevich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information, we have the following areas: Ankhroom 25, Restaurant 80, Lounge 60.
- Private Party Contact: Ish Guremel 6049374666
A word from The Wild Fig
The Wild Fig is a warm and inviting atmosphere that compliments a West Coast fusion menu. It’s the perfect place to meet with family, friends or business associates to enjoy a memorable meal. Our chef has combined his expansive knowledge, expert taste and experience to create delicious, fresh, local and healthy dishes. Our commitment to sustainable and local farming, we serve only Certified Angus Beef from Canadian ranches, and a selection of certified "Ocean Wise" seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Wild Fig reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)good for groups (6)romantic (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fun place but very noisyFirsttimerDined on 8/22/2014Had my birthday party here. It was good! Guests enjoyed the selection and the band was nice enough to play Happy Birthday. Hostess was super friendly. The only thing that I would have liked differently is for our table to be further away from the band. We could barely talk and we were shouting a lot across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Food and Slow Servicegood4groupDined on 7/18/2014Booked this resto cause it was close to home. The food was ok and the portions are small especially the sable fish entree. Even the resto was not full but the service was quite slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great date night!motherhenDined on 6/14/2014Second time here for our date night! Love getting out and dancing! Great music and awesome food! We have ordered the lamb both times and it never disappoints. The calamari was crisp and perfect BUT it is quite spicy! So be warned! It is loud because of the band but thats what we came for. We will be returing on a regular basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationschachakingDined on 5/17/2014Unfortunately, my last visit to the Copper Club was disappointing. First, we were seated (party of four) adjacent to the stage. That meant that the lights on the far side of the stage beamed directly into our line of sight. They need to be pointed floor-ward rather than across the stage. I know the performers do this to enhance their stage presence but there you have it. Second, the food, quite honestly, was sub-par. It took a long time to arrive and when it did it was cold. It was also poorly prepared and relatively tasteless. We get better food and service at the White Spot. The band was okay but nothing special. They were playing too loud until the manager - Gerry I think - told them to lower the volume. Sorry, but that's it.
- best date night!!motherhenDined on 5/17/2014When you want a night out with the love of your life this is perfect! Saturday night reservation in the lounge. Had the goat cheese appy snd we both had lamb entrees. Everything was delicious!!!! Live music started at 8 and we danced till it closed. It was pure fun. We are in our late thirties. Do if you're past the club scene this is great! Will make this a ritual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the The Wild Fig reviews archive.
- Lunch time gemMJSrDined on 3/26/2014If you are needing a quiter place for a lunch meeting or a break from overcrowded noisy lunch standards in the area, choose Copper Club. White table cloth service without the heavy price tag. Food selection was standard but prepared well and quick. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's backVancitydinnerDined on 2/23/2014Service fantastic !! One of the best I have had ever for a Sunday brunch. Only complaint was chicken entrée was dry. Other wise food was fantastic ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxing3ethnicsistersDined on 2/15/2014nice place to take your loved one out on a date or special occasion, a few friends for a birthday, or family dinner... the food was ok, my two friends ordered the butter chicken, they won't order it again, it was loaded with cream and under seasoned.Overall the service was great, we enjoyed the evening and will come again. A score of 1-5 I'll give it a 3.5Special Features:
- It was a pricey hotel restaurant.MattDined on 2/14/2014It was a pricey hotel restaurant. The service was good, the ambiance was a little dated.Special Features:
- The food was surprisinglySabineDined on 2/14/2014The food was surprisingly excellent and they had a live musician with a dance floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out VancouverjrpinkDined on 2/1/2014Went to this restaurant as a last-minute find on the last day of Dine out Vancouver with friends. Overall, really happy with the experience. Food presentation was amazing and tasted very good. Service was alright, could have been better. Food and drinks were delivered at proper times. Definitely will go back to sample regular menu but only for special occasion as it was expensive, which was expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good server, but slow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014Our waitress was attentive, but the food was slow from the kitchen. It is a nice quiet place to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DOV 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014It was a very last minute plan when we picked this place to try the DOV menu. The service was great, they ensured that your empty plates does not sit in front of you for too long. All dishes were very well composed on the plate, especially one of the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderate foodGhostDined on 1/18/2014I came here for dine out Vancouver with my family. Normally restaurants would serve dine out menu and also regular menu but this place did not. Also the food here is just average, not spectacular. However, the sorbet came with an interesting ice block.
- Splendid EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014Very enjoyable evening. We had a group of 6 and it was super comfortable. We had a lovely waitress that was funny and provided excellent service. The food is fair. Overall a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- service is really great &OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013service is really great & entertainment are great; food is good. will definitely come back for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchkwoolfDined on 5/12/2013This was our third visit to the Copper Club for their Mother's Day Brunch. Very enjoyable overall but we all agreed the food offered seemed slightly more pedestrian and unexciting than previous years. Nothing bad mind you, but nothing really outstanding either, with the possible exception of the cold fish platter, the cheese platter, and the curried lamb entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to the SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013I have been to the Sunday Brunch many times and have always been quite pleased, but this Easter Sunday Brunch left a lot to be desired. The food was "o.k." but certainly not that "special" to warrant the $34.00 charged. I don't mind adding 15% but dislike having that decision made for me. All in all - it was a disappointing experience for all of us and as far as a return trip - ??Special Features:
- Large selection of food toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2013Large selection of food to choose from for the Sunday brunch. I enjoy the variety and it was good. When it was time to pay, someone noticed the tip was already added at 15%. I made the reservations thru Opentable and the restaurant has a automatic tipping policy for 10 or more guest. So we weren't aware that day of this policy. We had a party of 16, it's a buffet. You get your own food. Staff takes away your old plate. They provided the coffee, some only had 2 cups of coffee for our 90 min. brunch. I'd still go back, it wasn't a big deal. Also they have free parking for Sunday brunch. Staff was pleasant and removed the tip from one of the bills.Special Features:
- very good food. Great service.CuetipVIPDined on 2/25/2013very good food. Great service. A very nice restaurant inside hotelSpecial Features:
- The food was delicious. ButOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was delicious. But they rushed the main course before we were ready for it.
- My boyfriend and I went hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013My boyfriend and I went here for our first time during Dine Out. Overall the food was good. The Copper Club salad was absolutely delicious and the cheesecake hit the spot! My entree was sub par. The chicken was dry, I literally received 1.5 baby potatoes and my veggies were cold. I would recommend this restaurant based solely on the amazing salad and great service.Special Features:
- Free entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013The service was great. They had a few big parties, but never forgot about us. The food was great, good options (for dineout menu). We had a great time, able to talk to each other as well as enjoy the groups Karaoke and dancing. We felt part of the group & party as well.Special Features:
- Very nice atmosphere and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2013Very nice atmosphere and service was great. We participated in the Dine Out menu and thought that it was very good value. I would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- It was a good place for dine-out,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2013It was a good place for dine-out, and accommodating 16 people.Special Features:
- We visited the Copper ClubJeremyDined on 1/18/2013We visited the Copper Club during Dine Out and were very impressed with the menu. Unfortunately on the night we visited the restaurant there were a lot of "no shows" for their reservations so the restaurant was a little too quiet and empty.
- What else could have gone wrong?GaiskidDined on 1/11/2013The food flavor was not bad, but it was lukewarm. The wine was extremely overpriced...$48 for a bottle of Naked Grape Pinot Grigio. And our waitress made mistakes every time she brought our food to our table by placing the incorrect orders infront of each patron. Overall, not a good experience!
- Awesome!Python469VIPDined on 1/11/2013Great service and the food was great! We used a travel zoo coupon and they treated us as full paying customers unlike Horizons on Burnaby mtn. The only issue we had was finding parking with a truck over 7' tall.Special Features:
- not a glowing reviewsnowleopardVIPDined on 1/11/20133 of 4 entree's were under cooked, the other was over cooked. appeys were good though and so was dessert. Server was nice as well.
- Mark up on wine is outrageous!BazzatVIPDined on 11/21/2012Mark up on wine is outrageous! Charging $42.00 for a bottle which can be purchased in the Liquor Store for $15.00 is beyond reasonable.
- Great restaurant with friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012Great restaurant with friendly efficient staff. Clean and comfortable setting with good tableware. I would recommend the Sunday buffet brunch. Suitable even for the most finicky vegetarian and great food for the rest of us. I've been going for several years now and so far I haven't been disappointed. The only very minor issue was the piano entertainment; it was too loud where we were sitting for a nice quiet Sunday. The piano player was great but wished he played a more softer ambient music to go with the relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- A friend and I had a GrouponOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012A friend and I had a Groupon for this and decided to give it a try. The atmosphere was interesting, since it was a lounge. It was a very quiet night, and it was us and maybe two other tables. Overall, the food was good, except for the beef medallions. I had asked for it to be cooked rare, and by the time it got to me, it was more like medium. The beef ended up being more chewy than I'd like. That said, service was good. Still, I'm not sure I would go back anytime soon.
- The food was very mediocr.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2012The food was very mediocr. Our dishes were too salty and my yorkshire pudding was hard and burnt on the outside. The appetizer portions were extremely small as well. I will not go there again.