The White House Inn
4940 Mulhauser Rd.
West Chester, OH 45011Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The White House Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.heartlandcooking.com/
- Phone: 513-860-1110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryan Hart
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The White House Inn
You have been taken back to a time when houses were homes. A time when food was a matter of careful preparation and heartfelt taste and service was a distinction of commitment and pride. You have been taken to The White House Inn, here you will discover what heartland cooking and fireside spirits is all about. Nestled on six acres of southern Ohio countryside, this 50-year-old farmhouse was restored into seven separate dining rooms each with its own unique decor. There are four fireplaces, country and herb gardens, two outdoor patio areas, a gorgeous Gazebo, a Tavern featuring a breathtaking two-story stone fireplace, and a loft.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The White House Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
- The White House Inn has beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012The White House Inn has been in business for years. While the building is lovely and the food is good I was disappointed to see the lower level dining areas carpet to be in terrible shape. And our waitress seemed to be on the cranky side. My son had their pork chop dinner with Gouda mashed potatoes, and apple sauce-which he loved. Two of the others had their fried chicken which was hot and fresh. Down side is I asked for all dark meat and got 5 chicken legs. Which of course is dark meat but would have liked to see a thigh on my plate. Those of us who had their home made ranch dressing thought it to be outstanding.Special Features:
- We travel from Baltimore severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012We travel from Baltimore several times a year and we usually go out of our way to visit The White House Inn. It's a shame it has been sold and will no longer exist. We'll miss it.Special Features:
- Sad to hear the building hasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2012Sad to hear the building has been bought and will become another restaurant soon.
- My wife and I have gone toPopsicleDined on 9/15/2012My wife and I have gone to The White House on special occasions for several years. This time, as always, we had a great experience. The food and service were wonderful. The building is old, but that only adds to the charm. Our only disappointment was when we learned that the business has been sold and will soon open as an Italian restaurant. Guess we will have to finda new place to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:
- why do you ask your closingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2012why do you ask your closing soon but i always loved your place gloria hoogSpecial Features:
- I bring a church group ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012I bring a church group of Seniors down and have brought them a number of times. We have always been treated so well and the young ladies and gentlemen who wait on us are just so nice. We are all very sorry that the White House as we know it will be closing as of 9/28. We will miss it so much, but maybe I can talk my group into some Italian food! Thank you for your service to us.Special Features:
- Loved it! Had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Loved it! Had a great time and tr turkey was fantastic!Special Features:
- The food wasn't bad; it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012The food wasn't bad; it was just average. We've had much better steaks at some of the chain restaurants.
- My wife had the Salomon inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012My wife had the Salomon in the Puff Pastry and I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu and both were Excellent. The Service was Excellent.Special Features:
- We had our wedding receptionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012We had our wedding reception here so decided to return to the White House Inn for our fifth anniversary. It was everything we remembered. They had a couple wedding parties going on and the Waiter was still able to be attentive. The food was wonderful, I went with the steak oscar, very tender and flavorful. My wife tried the encrusted salmon, its in a puff pastry drizzled with honey mustard. It was great !Special Features:
- The setting was beautiful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012The setting was beautiful. The house itself is amazing. The waiter was very friendly and knowledgable. It was sad to learn that the grounds and house are going up for auction next month. It just needs some updating and a shot of good luck. Could be a great event place and also good for romantic evenings or a night out with friends. We wish them luck.Special Features:
- we were part of a group ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012we were part of a group of 11 ,service and food was very good,The WhiteHouse I would recommend to friends and family .Special Features:
- Good food,good service, andTrains1VIPDined on 6/6/2012Good food,good service, and a moderate price make this a very good restaurantSpecial Features:
- This is a great upscale restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2012This is a great upscale restaurant. It is a one-of-a-kind converted estate with an attractive menu.Special Features:
- Thanks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Amazing trip for my husband and I. Our 10 year anniversary was a memorable one because of the White House Inn. Thanks for the complimentary champagne and chocolate mousse!! We LOVED our food. Lobster mac & cheese, baked brie, sea scallops, and steak oscar.Special Features:
- The old inn ambiance was charming.librarianDined on 5/13/2012The old inn ambiance was charming. Because it was Mother's Day the menu was limited to prime rib, ham, turkey, Mahi Mahi, and a quiche. The prime rib was excellent, but cold. The quiche was good, but the american fries were an odd addition. The Mahi Mahi was overcooked. There were only three choices for deserts, they were good: A chocolate cake, a cheescake and a vanilla mousse covering a piece of white cake. The white cake was very dry, probably a day or two old. The service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- The Mother's Day dinner optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012The Mother's Day dinner options were average at best, and over-priced. We were seated in the bar room, which loses all atmosphere of the White House. We were very disappointed.
- We went for Mother's Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012We went for Mother's Day. The restaurant had a fixed menu, but we were not aware of that when making the reservation. There were only 4 or 5 options, and none were very appealing. The food was bland. None of us was enthused with our food, especially for the price. Even the waiter acknowledged that there had been some complaints about the food earlier.
- classic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Classic spot - great atmosphere. Food is still pretty good, but not outstanding, mostly comfort food. Service was average. Overall experience has fallen a bit over the last few years, but it is still on the list.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. I tookShannonKDined on 5/13/2012Very disappointing. I took my family there for Mother's Day. We were seated in the bar area, not the ambiance one is looking for on Mother's Day. Even my teen aged son was turned off by sitting in the bar when he walked around and saw the rest of the restaurant. I was made aware of the limited menu for Mother's Day prior to arriving; however, the quality was not what was expected especially for the occasion and high Mother's Day prices.
- The quiche was unimpressive..veryPearlyDined on 5/13/2012The quiche was unimpressive..very short on ingredients that would make it special. Was it frozen? And it was not hot. In felt like they were in a rush to get us ot when we had to order dessert with our entree..it's not supposed to be a cafeteria. No dressing on the salad either. I was really disappointed based on better past experiences and for the price of the food. I think they need to clean up and update the decor too or they will be something other than really special.Special Features:
- 8:45 Friday night we had theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/20128:45 Friday night we had the place to ourselves, literally... kind of weird. But nice,quite, and quick service.Special Features:
- We celebrated a co-workersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2012We celebrated a co-workers 40th anniversary with our company wit lunch at the White House. It was a small group of 5 and the table was in the perfect location on the enclose back porch. It was quiet so we could talk about her memories over the years. She was very happy about our choice of locaion. And of course the service and food was oustaning.Special Features:
- We had a group of five forPopsicleDined on 4/22/2012We had a group of five for dinner. I was the only one that had been to the White House previously. In fact I recommended that this group go there for our monthly get together. Everyone raved about the setting, the food and the service. The only problem was I had a baked sweet potato that not only wasn't hot, it was cold. The potato was done but I can only assume it was allowed to sit out too long (or was refrigerated) and it got cold. Other then that it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Food still great but atmosphere,BigboyDined on 4/20/2012Food still great but atmosphere, vibrant crowd / scene is no longer present.Special Features:
- Everything went well......Food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Everything went well......Food, ambiance, and especially the waiter.......He was great.Special Features:
- Found the food good in almostHad2catsDined on 4/8/2012Found the food good in almost all regards. Salad was a little wilty with perhaps salad dressing put on too early. Felt the server tried hard but was very overwhelmed with perhaps too many tables. Had to ask more than once for refills on beverages and bread. Felt that at the prices we paid these things should have been taken care of without asking.
- The restaurant was operatingBillVIPDined on 4/8/2012The restaurant was operating with a limited Easter Sunday menu. Unfortunatly, the menu link that was available through OpenTable was different than the actual menu at the restaurant. Our group of 3 found the limited food choices to be bland and overpriced. We will not consider the this restaurant for any holiday event in the future.
- Needs a Holiday Make-OverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I've been with the The White House Inn for Sunday dinner and other evenings. That menu, ambiance, service, and the food is a very good experience the borders between three and four stars. A great value. Easter Sunday this year the restaurant was a disappointment. Many lesser establishments take advantage of patrons on a day like Easter and serve under-their-standard food at higher standard prices. I did not expect the White House Inn to do that. I was very disappointed. For example, the outrageously priced Ham Dinner featured overcooked vegetables and 2 thick slices of ham. Ham needs to be cut thin so it's easy to eat and bring out the full flavor. The presentation was diner-like. Great place otherwise; avoid it for holidaysSpecial Features:
- The food was only averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012The food was only average at best and service was slow.Special Features:
- Great to see true classicLebafornianDined on 3/20/2012Great to see true classic american cuisine on a menu: meatloaf, oven roasted turkey, chicken pot pie, etc. Very well done food and very tasty. Exciting appetizer ingredients and items. The Duck quesadilla with fruit salsa was crispy, cheezy, meaty and delicious. The fruit salsa added a perfect lite crisp texture with a hint of sweetness that balanced well with the delicious hardy/game duck flavor. Lobster mac and cheese had HUGE piece of lobster all through it and a great creamy cheese mix. Very classic, simple and GREAT menu. Friendly service and a unique house that has a great historical story.Special Features:
- Ate here for the first timeFoodie123Dined on 3/20/2012Ate here for the first time and unfortunately were very disappointed - the food was ho-hum (green beans tasted like they were canned - ugh!) and even though we had a coupon, it was still somewhat pricey for the quality of food served. They supposedly offered half-price on "select" wines on Tues-Thurs but there were only about 4 or 5 white wines on this list (no red) and they were all $20 (no clue how much they were marked down from) - very misleading offer.
- Well the waiter spilled steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012Well the waiter spilled steak juice all over one of our guest. Prime rib was suppose to be med rare, it was RARE. Another steak was over cooked as well as very fatty, being a filet. Waiter brought us one basket of bread for a table of 13 no butter, never did get the butter, we felt the manager should have stepped in and helped this young man. Not to mention the 20% tip added to our checks amounted to $100 the service was not sufficient enough to warrant that type of tip. So needless to say, we will not have another special occasion dinner there. Right when you walk in the door there is a horrible musty smell
- While the food was good, itJoBaVIPDined on 3/16/2012While the food was good, it wasn't exceptionally creative. If you are looking for standard American, this would be the place. The service was excellent. We ended up staying longer than we should have, and never felt rushed.Special Features:
- First time dining at The WhiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012First time dining at The White House Inn. Staff was friendly willing to make the experience a good one. We would return again.Special Features:
- I loved the fact our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2012I loved the fact our group (10)was seperated off from the rest of the diners, the room was quaint and arranged in a manner that we could not only continue our business discussions but also socialize together. The only down fall was we were right off the kitchen, so we had the serving staff passing through regulary. Not a deal breaker and I will definitely be back! Loved reading the history of the Inn and wished the walls could talk, the stories they could tell! The food exceeded our expectations and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- We had a pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012We had a pleasant experience here, but nothing outstanding. Our waitress was well intentioned, but young and inexperienced. Food was good, but not particularly outstanding or interesting. Nice, traditional ambiance.
- Menu wasn't as good as itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012Menu wasn't as good as it used to be! Not alot of choice. Service was good!
- Save yourself (money &) the time!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/25/2012Wouldn't recommend....over-priced and food was horrible. Service was good but the server's appearance left a lot to be desired.
- want unpredictable?lunchiesDined on 2/25/2012food is unpredictable. part of us has a good meal some don't. 2 of us had the Grouper,it was very salty, and then they put the diced tomatoes/peppers on top that are cold and feel like scooped out of a can. takes the meal and turns it instantly cold. overall the meal was too pricey for what you get. you just never know if it will be an on or off night, and for a $130 ticket, and next to no liquor, would rather go somewhere where you walk away with a memorable night. saturday night and the place was pretty empty, it was easy to get a table.