The White Buffalo Club
160 West Gill Avenue
Jackson, WY 83001Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The White Buffalo Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whitebuffaloclub.com/dining.html
- Phone: 3077344900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Will Gahagan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The White Buffalo Club
Cellars at The White Buffalo Club offers the only New York style ambiance seven days a week in its USDA Prime beef steakhouse. Excellent drinks and service bolster the most versatile menu in town that boasts fresh seafood entrees, excellent salads and appetizers, as well as its staple, sizzling prime steak. Not to be missed, with over 1,100 bottles of wine in house, is a wine experience carefully designed to match the award winning menu. Two blocks off town square on the corner of Millward and Gill. Private dining and large groups available upon request. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The White Buffalo Club - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
The White Buffalo Club reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (19)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (11)good for groups (6)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Buffalo BullOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The sizzling plate with the Bison rib steak was presented. I cut into it with great difficulty with the sharp steak knife provided. To my surprise, the steak was inedible, filled throughout with gristle.Special Features:
- Great foodFinediner2Dined on 8/22/2014We thought the food was very good. The scallop appetizer was excellent. The service was also very good. It got pretty loud as the evening went on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathy hwitchyDined on 8/21/2014I had requested a table away from the kitchen, we were next to the kitchen. When we ordered drinks you didn't have Beefeater Gin, or JB scotch. The buffalo was a little tough. When we ordered our dinner, the waiter should have clued us in on the size of the side orders. They were huge, definitely enough for 5 large appetites. I still am not used to receiving one item on a plate, like a piece of meat, and nothing else. I like your restaurant and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointing for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is located in a hotel basement and seats about 60 including the bar area. My husband and I split a Caesar salad, ribeye, baked potato and mac n cheese. The salad had wilted lettuce and was removed from our bill without asking. The potato was average, the steak cooked well but the mac n cheese was the absolute best. Our server did a good job and was in charge of mixing drinks, waiting and clearing tables. The biggest disappointment was the amount of dust along the top of the leather seating all around the restaurant which diminished the overall experience of an expensive meal. The noise level was good which made conversation easy, but if we visit Jackson again, we would probably skip another meal here.Special Features:
- Great steak poor staffjacksonfoodieDined on 8/14/2014We had some incredible steak at the White Buffalo but very poor table service. We waited 20 minutes to be seated then left over half and hour waiting for our drink order to arrive. They sold out of sides and the few staff there were run off their feet. Worth going for the food but massive room for improvement on customer service given the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak.YancyDined on 8/14/2014Our experience was a bit mixed. Our server was really sweet and efficient. There was, however, some weird timing with the bar and the kitchen. We received our first round of drinks in a timely manner. Salad course came really quickly. We ordered another round of drinks and waited at least 1/2 hour, maybe 40 minutes. The second round of drinks came AFTER our main course arrived (which was quite a long time after the salads...) Overall a decent experience, and the food was delicious. The prime steaks were to die for, and the sides were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly trained serversBrooklynBobVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food here was very good. But,the lack of experienced servers made the meal a chore. We knew we were in trouble when my wife ordered a Rum and Coke. The waitress asked " Whuld you like that over ice?" Didn't live up to the ads claiming " Fine Dining".
- Meat RulesruddermanVIPDined on 8/10/2014First time at the WBC. It's a fairly small and intimate underground space, but not cramped. Service was excellent, thoughtful and not rushed with good suggestions. The garlic fries are great, but even better are the fresh potato chips from the bar menu - ask for them. The bison ribeye was outstanding, perfectly cooked and juicy. Lots of tasty sides to choose from also. As expected, a fairly spendy menu, so be prepared for the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014Everything was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindMtnViewsDined on 8/8/2014Great steak, great romantic atmosphere. I would recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- Great food, priceyDW4PJDined on 8/4/2014This is a small quiet dining room with a bar that is attached to the hotel. $41 seemed high for a small filet, but it turned out to be an excellent steak, perfectly cooked. Service was good, wine list was interesting, priced mostly for the big spender. This was a special occasion for us and would not be our choice for an everyday experience, but we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConventionalmarcoliusVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food is good, but very standard, limited menu. Exorbitant even by Jackson standards, which is saying something.
- Great food and service in JacksonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I dinned there for the 1st time. We were on vacation and were looking for some fine dinning. We were blown away by their service and more importantly their food. I would recommend this to anyone that loves the finer things in life. And Will on staff was more then outstanding with his service and knowledgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014This place was great, the chef was very friendly and served us at the bar himself before dinner. Not a lot of seating so not great for BIG groups (9 or more) but very accommodative. Kind of spendy but knew that before we went in so was no surprise. GOT A TON OF GOOD FOOD.... could not order desert. Would recommend.Special Features:
- amstDined on 7/22/2014First time for us, we will definitely return. Excellent food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BestKeepingittightDined on 7/19/2014Best steak in town ... Hands down! Great atmosphere and great staff. Attentive and knowledgeable about everything on the menu. Chef Will is passionate about every plate that comes out of his kitchen. A favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!PBJ461VIPDined on 7/16/2014Our meal was perfect from the wine to dessert. Would love to go back!Special Features:
- Food Was GreatGlenDined on 7/9/2014My wife and I both had steaks and they were perfect.Special Features:
- White Buffao. Great!RobinsonDined on 6/29/2014Great food and service Helpful in splitting dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AMP1Dined on 6/24/2014Will, the head chef, treated us to a wonderful meal on our anniversary. The wait staff was amazing and really helped us out with various pointers on what to do in Jackson. Be sure to make this a part of your visit as you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night SpotshortlildinerDined on 6/15/2014This is a great restaurant for a dimly lit romantic dinner for two. The filet is the best in town. Portion size is generous. The staff is very accommodating if you have a special cocktail request that is off menu. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I ever had.steakloverDined on 6/13/2014Steaks were amazing. Excellent service with western surroundings. Club atmosphere. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Jackson fave!luv2notcookVIPDined on 6/11/2014Have been coming here since they opened. Great steaks--a fantastic filet. We often have salads, with one of the small plates and a side. It's the perfect size, when we want a smaller dinner. But another visit will include the steak, and the seafood entrees as well. The salads are crisp and fresh, and the seafoods and steaks are cooked perfectly. Book ahead in season, the restaurant is not huge. It is cozy and dark, with a small, but busy bar area. Great service, friendly staff and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Our food was perfect, the steaks were cooked exactly the way we asked and the seasoning was just right. We had the asparagus and the mac and cheese as sides and each was delicious and just the right size. The only hitch in the affair was that our waiter was pretty much working the entire dining area and bringing food upstairs for room service orders so he was extremely busy. We recognized this as soon as we sat down and feared service would be very slow; we never had to wait too long for anything considering but others may have felt things were a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A windowless restaurantDakotaKivaDined on 5/23/2014The setting of the restaurant is in the basement so no windows to see outside. The dark wood gives the impression of a men's club or steak restaurant. The food is average, with the food presented (steak, halibut) prepared satisfactorily. The halibut was overlaid with a crushed nut preparation, which took away from the Alaskan halibut. The beets in the beet salad were not good, sorry. You can bring wine, if you would like.Special Features:
- The following 95 reviews are from the The White Buffalo Club reviews archive.
- Great food and friendly atmospherezekeDined on 4/12/2014The WBC has been a favorite of ours for several years. They have the best steaks in Jackson but also a good selection of other entrees and sides. The wine list is also very good. But, we really like the Executive Chef and wait staff. They are friendly and always available to visit making you feel right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly delicious!FoodieatheartDined on 4/11/2014My husband and I were enjoying our first trip to Jackson. We were staying at the White Buffalo (the rooms are also fantastic), and decided to try out the steakhouse. I'm admittedly a bit skeptical when it comes to hotel restaurants, but we were both blown away by the quality And flavor of their food. I had a filet, while my husband had a ribeye. Both were cooked perfectly and the salted herb butter on top gave the meat a delicious uniqueness. The ambience is nice, as well, and even though it's downstairs, the dim lighting made it quite romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014What a wonderful surprise and experience to dine at the White Buffalo! The menu selection is outstanding for any person's taste and the presentation is great. Enjoyed a Fillet that melted in your mouth...super delicious! Atmosphere like being in a major market classy restaurant. Will definitely be returning! Already spread the word on FB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Jackson Must777bobDined on 3/21/2014By far the best dining experience on this trip to Jackson. Food and service was absolutely fabulous. Will, the chef was on his A game. Create a unique surf and turf from the Remington and Scallops apps, fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the White Buffalo ClumBob1VIPDined on 3/21/2014We make it a point to go to the White Buffalo Club on special occasions and with friends. Definitely the best steak in town. The people are friendly and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceFCCC1Dined on 3/6/2014The food and the service at the White Bufallo were outstanding! My wife had the grilled scallops and I had the fillet. Both were cooked to perfection. The fillet was the best that I have ever had. The sides were excellent as well. The food and the service were well worth the price. I highly recommend this restraurant for a romantic or special dinner.Special Features:
- disappointed/very expensiveJHDiner1000Dined on 2/25/2014First they seated us back in a corner that was cramped and drafty-we asked to be moved. We were seated on the other side of the room again in a very tight corner seat. It was a little confining. Our waitress was a young woman, did not elaborate on the menu or drinks-she seemed not overly interested, she took a drink order and served it, then took an appetizer order, instead of putting in one order for both. So we were mostly through our drink by the time the appetizer arrived. I ordered a salad and entrée, she served both at the same time, disappointingly-I would have preferred the salad first before the main dish. Expensive dinner & the food was not outstanding. Local here in Jackson does better food/ service for half the price.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2014Definitely on the higher end of the price spectrum but very good quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in JacksonDinerDined on 2/17/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal at White Buffalo. The filet and the rib-eye were flavorful and tender- cooked to our specifications. The club is a small restaurant, so be sure to make reservations. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- The Perfect EveningKHolmanDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I dined at the White Buffalo Club to celebrate Saint Valentine's Day and the evening couldn't have been more perfect! The restaurant had a quiet and romantic ambience and the food was delicious! Thank you for giving us a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BlissJImWDined on 2/11/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. Food was very good; Filet mignon was excellent. You'll pay a little more but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2014Steak was done to perfection and was served on a sizzling hot platter which warmed sidesas well. Big sides and great quality. Atmosphere was good, place is small so conversation was easy. Hot bignets for dessert were nice, one or two are plenty and a nice end to big meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!KelleyDined on 1/6/2014As always The White Buffalo did not disappoint. The steak was simply amazing!!Special Features:
- Great bison steak!PatrickVIPDined on 12/30/2013A paradise if you're a carnivore as the meats were world class. An AMAZING dessert menu as well. HIGHLY recommended after a long day on the slopes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Jackson HoleBob1VIPDined on 12/27/2013We feel the White Buffalo Club has the best steak in Jackson Hole, and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.