The White Buffalo Club
160 West Gill Avenue
Jackson, WY 83001Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The White Buffalo Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whitebuffaloclub.com/dining.html
- Phone: 3077344900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Will Gahagan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The White Buffalo Club
Cellars at The White Buffalo Club offers the only New York style ambiance seven days a week in its USDA Prime beef steakhouse. Excellent drinks and service bolster the most versatile menu in town that boasts fresh seafood entrees, excellent salads and appetizers, as well as its staple, sizzling prime steak. Not to be missed, with over 1,100 bottles of wine in house, is a wine experience carefully designed to match the award winning menu. Two blocks off town square on the corner of Millward and Gill. Private dining and large groups available upon request. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The White Buffalo Club - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
The White Buffalo Club reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)fit for foodies (29)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (13)good for groups (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ExcellentBatmanVIPDined on 9/27/2014I visit JH once a year and the paste 2 years have been to thew WB. It have been excellent and very consistent. great food, drinks, dinning room and service. The scallops are to die for plus the steaks. A must do in JH.Special Features:
- ent food, poor serviceBamaMomDined on 9/27/2014Went for husband's birthday and had reservations early so we were first ones for the evening. We were seated in a corner near the back of the bar. Asked for a different table but were told they were booked up for the evening. There was no one else there at this time. Food was excellent but server seemed to be busy doing other things. She did not tell us her name. We did a lot of waiting considering we were the ONLY ones in the restaurant. Another waitress noticed us looking around and finally cleared our plates. The food was excellent as advertised but the service was definitely lacking. As for being booked up, the better tables were still empty when we left. I would still recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They are tryingLuv2rideDined on 9/26/2014They have some of the right stuff, but they still need polishing. Salad was over dressed and small. My wife's tartar was incredibly salty. We were hungry and service was over whelmed, so we ate them. My bison ribeye was very tasty. It was $43 and undercooked, tho. My said her halibut was good. They are using the right ingredients, but the Polish is missing
- LindajagDined on 9/21/2014The beef tenderloin appetizer was so tender. We had the halibut with hazelnuts and roasted tomaroes. It was so tasty and cooked perfectly Service was excellant. One of the best meals we had while in Jackson..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and terrificluvtoeatDined on 9/21/2014In a quiet area in Jackson, the White Buffalo is a must for those seeking superb steaks in a very small and intimate setting. Don't miss this for your next dining experience.Special Features:
- Great SteaksRippersoneDined on 9/13/2014Not the most expansive menu, but a great place to enjoy really good steaks. Friendly service and a reasonable wine list make this a good choice in Jackson Hole for a more formal meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative Menu-Great ExecutionOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014While positioned as a steak house, the menu shined. Wonderful prep and presentation of outstanding seafood.Special Features:
- Happy for allBirthdayDined on 9/10/2014There was something on the menu for everyone in our family and I love that they serve family style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceLaurenDined on 9/7/2014The steaks were fantastic and the service was great.Special Features:
- DHansonDined on 9/7/2014Great food and service for the Jackson, WY area. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- JoeyJoey211VIPDined on 9/6/2014Great steaks One of our favorites...best steak in Jackson, Wyoming Oh..and a great bar!! That's always a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening Great FoodLindaDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food and service. Best steaks in Jackson and the ambience is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in JacksonBob1VIPDined on 9/4/2014When we want a special meal, we go to the White Buffalo Club. Its our favorite Jackson restaurant by far! Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimkimnVIPDined on 8/31/2014Best steak I have ever had! Had the dinning room to ourselves. Looks like a nice little bar too.Special Features:
- Buffalo BulldisappointedDined on 8/23/2014The sizzling plate with the Bison rib steak was presented. I cut into it with great difficulty with the sharp steak knife provided. To my surprise, the steak was inedible, filled throughout with gristle.Special Features:
- Great foodFinediner2Dined on 8/22/2014We thought the food was very good. The scallop appetizer was excellent. The service was also very good. It got pretty loud as the evening went on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathy hwitchyDined on 8/21/2014I had requested a table away from the kitchen, we were next to the kitchen. When we ordered drinks you didn't have Beefeater Gin, or JB scotch. The buffalo was a little tough. When we ordered our dinner, the waiter should have clued us in on the size of the side orders. They were huge, definitely enough for 5 large appetites. I still am not used to receiving one item on a plate, like a piece of meat, and nothing else. I like your restaurant and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointing for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is located in a hotel basement and seats about 60 including the bar area. My husband and I split a Caesar salad, ribeye, baked potato and mac n cheese. The salad had wilted lettuce and was removed from our bill without asking. The potato was average, the steak cooked well but the mac n cheese was the absolute best. Our server did a good job and was in charge of mixing drinks, waiting and clearing tables. The biggest disappointment was the amount of dust along the top of the leather seating all around the restaurant which diminished the overall experience of an expensive meal. The noise level was good which made conversation easy, but if we visit Jackson again, we would probably skip another meal here.Special Features:
- Great steak poor staffjacksonfoodieDined on 8/14/2014We had some incredible steak at the White Buffalo but very poor table service. We waited 20 minutes to be seated then left over half and hour waiting for our drink order to arrive. They sold out of sides and the few staff there were run off their feet. Worth going for the food but massive room for improvement on customer service given the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak.YancyDined on 8/14/2014Our experience was a bit mixed. Our server was really sweet and efficient. There was, however, some weird timing with the bar and the kitchen. We received our first round of drinks in a timely manner. Salad course came really quickly. We ordered another round of drinks and waited at least 1/2 hour, maybe 40 minutes. The second round of drinks came AFTER our main course arrived (which was quite a long time after the salads...) Overall a decent experience, and the food was delicious. The prime steaks were to die for, and the sides were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly trained serversBrooklynBobVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food here was very good. But,the lack of experienced servers made the meal a chore. We knew we were in trouble when my wife ordered a Rum and Coke. The waitress asked " Whuld you like that over ice?" Didn't live up to the ads claiming " Fine Dining".
- Meat RulesruddermanVIPDined on 8/10/2014First time at the WBC. It's a fairly small and intimate underground space, but not cramped. Service was excellent, thoughtful and not rushed with good suggestions. The garlic fries are great, but even better are the fresh potato chips from the bar menu - ask for them. The bison ribeye was outstanding, perfectly cooked and juicy. Lots of tasty sides to choose from also. As expected, a fairly spendy menu, so be prepared for the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014Everything was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindMtnViewsDined on 8/8/2014Great steak, great romantic atmosphere. I would recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- Great food, priceyDW4PJDined on 8/4/2014This is a small quiet dining room with a bar that is attached to the hotel. $41 seemed high for a small filet, but it turned out to be an excellent steak, perfectly cooked. Service was good, wine list was interesting, priced mostly for the big spender. This was a special occasion for us and would not be our choice for an everyday experience, but we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConventionalmarcoliusVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food is good, but very standard, limited menu. Exorbitant even by Jackson standards, which is saying something.
- Great food and service in JacksonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I dinned there for the 1st time. We were on vacation and were looking for some fine dinning. We were blown away by their service and more importantly their food. I would recommend this to anyone that loves the finer things in life. And Will on staff was more then outstanding with his service and knowledgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014This place was great, the chef was very friendly and served us at the bar himself before dinner. Not a lot of seating so not great for BIG groups (9 or more) but very accommodative. Kind of spendy but knew that before we went in so was no surprise. GOT A TON OF GOOD FOOD.... could not order desert. Would recommend.Special Features:
- amstDined on 7/22/2014First time for us, we will definitely return. Excellent food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BestKeepingittightDined on 7/19/2014Best steak in town ... Hands down! Great atmosphere and great staff. Attentive and knowledgeable about everything on the menu. Chef Will is passionate about every plate that comes out of his kitchen. A favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!PBJ461VIPDined on 7/16/2014Our meal was perfect from the wine to dessert. Would love to go back!Special Features:
- Food Was GreatGlenDined on 7/9/2014My wife and I both had steaks and they were perfect.Special Features:
- White Buffao. Great!RobinsonDined on 6/29/2014Great food and service Helpful in splitting dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AMP1Dined on 6/24/2014Will, the head chef, treated us to a wonderful meal on our anniversary. The wait staff was amazing and really helped us out with various pointers on what to do in Jackson. Be sure to make this a part of your visit as you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night SpotshortlildinerDined on 6/15/2014This is a great restaurant for a dimly lit romantic dinner for two. The filet is the best in town. Portion size is generous. The staff is very accommodating if you have a special cocktail request that is off menu. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I ever had.steakloverDined on 6/13/2014Steaks were amazing. Excellent service with western surroundings. Club atmosphere. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Jackson fave!luv2notcookVIPDined on 6/11/2014Have been coming here since they opened. Great steaks--a fantastic filet. We often have salads, with one of the small plates and a side. It's the perfect size, when we want a smaller dinner. But another visit will include the steak, and the seafood entrees as well. The salads are crisp and fresh, and the seafoods and steaks are cooked perfectly. Book ahead in season, the restaurant is not huge. It is cozy and dark, with a small, but busy bar area. Great service, friendly staff and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 97 reviews are from the The White Buffalo Club reviews archive.
- Great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Our food was perfect, the steaks were cooked exactly the way we asked and the seasoning was just right. We had the asparagus and the mac and cheese as sides and each was delicious and just the right size. The only hitch in the affair was that our waiter was pretty much working the entire dining area and bringing food upstairs for room service orders so he was extremely busy. We recognized this as soon as we sat down and feared service would be very slow; we never had to wait too long for anything considering but others may have felt things were a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A windowless restaurantDakotaKivaDined on 5/23/2014The setting of the restaurant is in the basement so no windows to see outside. The dark wood gives the impression of a men's club or steak restaurant. The food is average, with the food presented (steak, halibut) prepared satisfactorily. The halibut was overlaid with a crushed nut preparation, which took away from the Alaskan halibut. The beets in the beet salad were not good, sorry. You can bring wine, if you would like.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly atmospherezekeVIPDined on 4/12/2014The WBC has been a favorite of ours for several years. They have the best steaks in Jackson but also a good selection of other entrees and sides. The wine list is also very good. But, we really like the Executive Chef and wait staff. They are friendly and always available to visit making you feel right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.