The Wheelhouse - Clayton
15 N. Central Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63105Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Wheelhouse - Clayton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wheelhousestl.com/
- Phone: 3147267955x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm-10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am-4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Nick Del Gaiso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We boast a very wide variety of offerings when it comes to catering. Please take a look at our website to view our catering menu.
- Entertainment: Live DJs on Friday and Saturday nights from 10pm to close.
A word from The Wheelhouse - Clayton
Like your common sports bar we boast enough TVs to make sure your favorite team is on at all times. However, that is where the similarities end. Our from scratch food menu, carefully crafted by Chef Nick Del Gaiso, offers a new take on all of your favorite Sports bar classics. The beer is always cold and the atmosphere is lively. Come join us for a great meal and some drinks. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Wheelhouse - Clayton reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great sports barEllenDined on 9/27/2014This is a great sports bar. However, it is very loud so if you really want to have good conversation, then eat at their outside tables.Special Features:
- . Not worth going hereFoodie1VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food tasted like they used frozen ingredients and the tap beer wasn't even cold.
- Upscale bar & grillWannaBeFoodieDined on 7/8/2014This was a great place to have a weekday lunch. The menu is not your typical bar & grill menu, which is refreshing. They have more sides to choose than just fries, chips & salad...yay! Interesting appetizers and a section of the menu just dedicated to different types of mac & cheese...wow! Lots of buffalo chicken options, too, which I love. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place / service needs helpOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/4/2014The service can be clicky sometimes. If you know the employees, or are a "high roller" you get better service. I have had to wait much longer than others, for service and its obvious. Food is terrific, the tap beer isnt very cold, and we have gotten warm beer glasses on more than one occasion.
- The following 5 reviews are from the The Wheelhouse - Clayton reviews archive.
- Pretty goodAandHDined on 6/19/2014We were looking for a casual evening in Clayton and found just that! The food was good, and the downtown location was great for walking around afterwards. Wonderful service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandma's applesauce? Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We went to the Wheelhouse for father's day not knowing what to expect. We were there right at open (they accommodated changing our reservation) and watched them set up. They had a special buffet that I felt was much more upscale than what you would expect. There was a pasta bar, beautiful salads, delicious sides and the most amazing pork with homemade applesauce. Will definitely go back. The staff were all very friendly and made our experience enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch not worth itfoodie16Dined on 6/15/2014I made a reservation for Fathers Day brunch and was completely disappointed! We got there on time and the buffet was not set up at all. The food was ok and only had lunch items-no breakfast foods at all. At least my husband got to watch some World Cup soccer while eating.
- Great place for lunchInformalDiningDined on 5/17/2014We were there for informal lunch with a group of 11 people. Good variety on the menu to suit many tastes. Great staff who had grouped tables together before we arrived. Staff responded well to many different orders for food and drink as well as our champagne/mimosa toasts of congratulations. The soup one person ordered was too salty, but all other food was very good from salads to sandwiches.Special Features:
- It's a Happening SpotHashHungryVIPDined on 5/15/2014Kind of loud, not a good place to hold meaningful conversation. But the food was quite good. Vibrant Bar scene with lots of talent. I would say this is the greatest spot for after work for a drink or to watch a game when you should really be in the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.