708 W Burk Ave
Wildwood, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewharfnj.com/
- Phone: 6095226336x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Reservations are for the Dining Room at The Wharf
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Blake Cady
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Weddings, Anniversary Parties, Birthday Parties
A word from The Wharf
The Wharf is a family run waterfront restaurant and bar serving South Jersey for the last 30 years. We brag about having the best sunset and bay views in Cape May County. Whether it is live music on our waterfront deck or watching the sun go down at our freshly shucked raw bar, there is something for everyone at The Wharf. We have established a family friendly atmosphere where adults and kids alike can enjoy themselves while enjoying the most beautiful views in South Jersey. So whether it is a day out for drinks with family and friends or a night out of good fun, delicious food, and great entertainment, let The Wharf be your waterfront destination. Come see us at The Wharf, “the Hideaway on the Waterway”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Wharf - Best Restaurants in Wildwood ›
The Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (46)great for outdoor dining (29)kid-friendly (21)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (19)special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)romantic (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- dining at a over 50 nightclubOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/30/2014We were excited to have made last minute reservations for our group of 9 on a Saturday night Labor Day weekend. Well, now I know why! We walked into Mayhem! Hostess never said hello and she actually uttered the words, "aye, yie, yie,(sp!). She was so overwhelmed but shockingly we only waited 5 minutes for our table which was seated inside with a view of the bar scene outside. I never once saw the water view or had no idea where we were! Everything went down hill from there. Salads dripping in too much dressing. Entrees were horrible. Clams chewy.. Chicken parm no flavor. I just couldn't wait to leave! The bathroom however was entertaining with middle aged ladies trying to get a man. We will Never b back!Special Features:
- Great restaurantpeachysmamaDined on 8/28/2014We absolutely loved this restaurant! We ordered from the restaurant week menu and had dinner on an hour. Service was good and fast. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCharley281Dined on 8/28/2014Great food and the Wharf is a beautiful place on the water. Only con was the waiters who served us. Very slow and never asked if we wanted more drinks. Other than that the place is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was not worth the price even though we went during restaurant week. Will not be going back. ever.Special Features:
- Impressive Dinning Experiencethebigshow102Dined on 8/24/2014Seating was perfect, Service was top notch, Staff was very friendly, Great View of the bay, and most important the food was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole package...tropwesVIPDined on 8/24/2014I hate to not give this place 5 stars, but I wouldn't want anyone to be deceived at the Wharf. It's a solid place for "good" food and you really want to go here for the huge deck and live bands that are playing popular tunes for all ages. Surprisingly, the food in the dining room is definitely good and I wouldn't fear ordering anything on the menu. The noise from the live bands outside can easily make a romantic meal impossible so stick to family night rather than special occasion if you ask me. We took the 1 and 2 year old children out to dance on the deck to the live bands... so much fun!Special Features:
- Nice but careful on Sat nightsWildwoodgirlDined on 8/23/2014The view of the bay was amazing. There was a live band and the deck was beautiful being right on the water at sunset. However the service was fair. The waitress seemed overwhelmed. She asked us if we were ready to order 3 times in what felt like a 2 minute period which made us feel rushed. We ordered a virgin piña colada right when we sat down and still wasn't there after the salads were eaten. We asked the waitress about it a few times. She said the non alcoholic drinks get pushed to the back and the bar was slammed. We got our entrees and still no piña colada. We asked again and she sent the manager over to tell us the same thing. Finally got it a few minutes later (25 min after ordering it). She and the manager were short with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDebbiedebDined on 8/22/2014Your staff was very kind and courteous! The reservations were great, we did not have to wait one minute. As soon as we arrived we sat right down and food came out quickly and was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodMustangmaggieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Have been coming to this resort area for years but only recently went to the Wharf. What a find! This was our second visit in 2 weeks and we were not disappointed either time. We found the crab cakes, seafood risotto and sesame tuna to be excellent. Also, a glass of wine is a generous portion. Service was excellent and servers were friendly and accommodating. View of bay is delightful. Prices are typical for a resort area restaurant. Only complaint is that the band on the deck can be loud when you are sitting in dining room. As my husband said, we will be back soon!Special Features:
- Pretty view of sunsetNJDinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed our dinner and the pretty view of the sunset. It was not as kid friendly as we hoped as you are not allowed to bring strollers in to the dining room....our 19 month old was asleep in her stroller at the time...so it wasn't the most relaxed dinner holding her and then having her crabby. Food was good, not outstanding. Service was very good also.Special Features:
- What a findJoeDVIPDined on 8/17/2014Happened to find this place through Open Table and was extremely satisfied. From the appetizer to desert the food was excellemt especially the oyster rockerfeller. My wife and i shares but should have oerder two. Best i ever had in my life, fresh and prepared wonderfully. Main course was just as good. A gem in Wildwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicedtaggsDined on 8/15/2014The food was really good. I went twice this past weekend sitting indoors for fine dining. I have to say both times we felt rushed. On friday night the waitress asked us if we were ready to order dinner three times before we got our apps. After we asked her to wait so we could enjoy ourselves she asked us again when the apps came out even though we were not ready. Sunday night the waitress was more relaxed, however we ate apps, salad, and dinner in 45 minutes because it was so fast.Special Features:
- wonderfultmhilbushVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our first time there - outside on a Friday night was a bit crowded and loud with the live band so we elected fro indoor seating which was nice and we still heard the band. The food and service was good and I hope we'll be back!Special Features:
- Great experienceslatescraperDined on 8/15/2014This was our last meal on vacation this year (we go out every day for breakfast and dinner.) One of our party said it might have been her favorite from the whole week. Great food, service, and the view cannot be beat! The live entertainment was excellent the night we were there too! We'll go back to this restaurant, for sure.Special Features:
- Great shore spot.JohnnyDined on 8/14/2014We had a great experience. Food was great. Waiter was excellent. Very fun atmosphere. Had no trouble accommodating our large family.Special Features:
- Nice Family Dinner Out at the WharfMaloney25Dined on 8/13/2014We found out about the Wharf 2 years ago and now we make sure to get there for dinner when we are down at the Jersey shore. They take reservations which is always a plus in my book and the restaurant has a picturesque location. Food is very good! Can't wait for our next trip to the Wharf.Special Features:
- A must when in WildwoodMPaulJCVIPDined on 8/12/2014The staff are good local folks who make you feel welcome and comfortable. Never a bad seafood moment and delicious soups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation dinner outBeachdinnerDined on 8/11/2014The restaurant was rated high on several review sites for good food, prices, and atmosphere. The menu was very appealing so we booked. They promptly sat us when we arrived and the wait staff was kind and friendly. The view from inside was great, although it was a nice night to sit out. I wish open table asked if we wanted indoor or outdoor seating when I made the reservation. The menu had so many great options so it was difficult to choose. The food that arrived was slightly disappointing. It wasn't terrible but nothing special. Everyone referred to their food as "ok" or "good". I wouldn't rule it out but it's definatley not worth the higher ratings it received for the taste and quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great food, bay smells,PortabelllieDined on 8/8/2014Short wait to be seated, even though they were very busy. Waitress was attentive. Food was great. Two bands were playing outside, so it was pretty loud. All was good until somebody opened a side door and the smells of the bay came in (boat exhaust and I'm guessing some rotting vegetation). Still a good overall experience, but they need to find a way to keep that smell out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everthing on the waterSteakEaterDined on 7/30/2014We usually go to the Wharf from our boat for outside drinks, music and sandwiches. This time we tried the inside dining room for dinner. It was an awesome surprise. All 6 of our entrees were as good or better than any Cape May restaurant. The view, service and drinks were perfect. A great place to have dinner and watch sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First bad experiencSamRDined on 7/28/2014Having dined here many times this was my first bad experience. Our party of 4 had three excellent meals. I had the stuffed lobster special. The lobster claws had no meat at all and the tail was mush. There was very little crab stuffing. I attribute this to a poor choice of meals will expect better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014we had a pleasant time at dinner, food was good the help and waitress were very nice, personally I could find nothing wrong with our time there. menu was average priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found The Wharf by AccidentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014We've been coming to Wildwood for years and just found The Wharf. Super meal. The risotto was outstanding. Great tip from server on $15 bottle of wine. Don't laugh off the fried mozzarella. Home made, and delicious. Not to mention it was a super value. No, not a early bird tourist rip off. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Mixed upKatyODined on 7/18/2014Would have loved to sit outside with my son, but it was definitely an adult scene, with the band and no-shower happy hour. The menu was very impressive. Something for everyone. Our waitress pronounced a special "ceviche" with a starting "CH". The house dressing had too much vinegar - and I like a strong vinaigrette. My swordfish oscar was very good but the garlic mash were gluey and gross. Chicken parm was just ok and the baked potato was minuscule and burnt. She didn't return to check on us until I was finished. My margarita was definitely from a gun/premix. Really bad. So, I don't frequent wildwood, but were into return, I would not go to this restaurant.Special Features:
- A Nice Setting But Bad TimingJustVisitingDined on 7/13/2014The restaurant is located right on the water and away from the crowds and craziness of the mid season Jersey shore, which is invaluable, but the level of noise from the "band" in the bar area which is just adjacent to the dining room, makes enjoying dinner quite difficult. The server was sweet but forgot to refill waters without being asked and also forgot a salad. The food was very good overall, the Salmon Oscar entree was excellent and the Crab Bruschetta went quickly. Portions were huge and dinner was reasonably priced at $125 for 4 guests including appetizers and drinks. One guest did mention that her French Onion soup was salty. We'll definitely try The Wharf again, but we'll make it on a night when the "band" is not playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDatenightDined on 7/12/2014This was our first time at the Wharf and will defiantly not our last. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great View, Great MusicHappyVIPDined on 7/11/2014Went to The Wharf on a Friday evening in July with a party of 7. We had a reservation and our table was ready for us in the dining room. We wanted to sit on the deck but it was packed, and the dining room was really nice and airy so it was fine. All of our food was delicious, specifically the ahi tuna appetizer, lobster mac n cheese, broiled crabcakes, and special lobster bake dinner. Our server was really nice and attentive. And the best part was the ambience - there was a live band on the deck, and we could hear them in the dining room without it being too loud, it was perfect. We all agreed we would definitely go back to The Wharf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food with a great viewMikeDined on 7/5/2014During our stay in Wildwood this was one of my favorite restaurants. We had the clams casino appetizer which was fantastic and I had a seafood combination in a tomato broth which was very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itShoregirlDined on 7/5/2014Neighborhood gem. What a spectacular place. A must go to when at the shore!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMomMomDined on 7/3/2014We took my 99 year old mother in a wheelchair. It was easy access and waitstaff could no have been more attentive. FYI -Go earlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, Location, LocationmeatsweatVIPDined on 6/28/2014First of all, nothing like sitting over the bay watching the sunset. an make up for many shortcomings. We ate outside, typical bar food. Not outstanding, but not bad. Have to metnion two negatives; one, did not realize that sandwiches were not available inside and two, the noise was borderline unbearable outside under the pavilion. We all had difficulty hearing the others at our own table. The shrimp po'boy was OK, the burger was OK, the wings were better than expected. Buckets of beer were readily availalbe. Service was outstanding. And again, tremendous scenery with bar food and buckets of beer are a winner in most books.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprisefayrevaleDined on 6/19/2014During restaurant week we decided to try the Wharf. What a pleasant surprise. The views were lovely, the staff very pleasant and the food delicious. A definite go to place for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brneyegirl22Dined on 6/17/2014Took advantage of Restaurant Week in Wildwood and glad that we went to the Wharf. So much to choose from for the special and well worth going there. TYSpecial Features:
- Restaurant WeekCruiseRussoDined on 6/15/2014My family and i went to The Wharf during Wildwood's Restaurant Week and couldn't have been happier. For $30 a person we got an excellent four course meal. All of the food was expertly prepared and there were plenty of options to choose from on the Pre Fixe menu and the portions sizes were not skimpy at all.Special Features:
- Would come back againmnelsonaDined on 5/26/2014The Wharf was one of the favorite things from this trip. Carlie was a super attentive (but not overly) waitress and the food was amazing. Everything we ordered tasted fantastic. Mahi Tuna, Salmon, Crab legs and Prime Rib. No complaints at all.Special Features:
- Pleseantly surprisedJohnDined on 5/26/2014I really wasn't expecting much from this place and saw a lot of mediocre reviews. I ended up with a great expereince and would love to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the The Wharf reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Unfortunately, it did not live up to expectations. We had been there many times previously; but not in 5 years. Menu changed, no longer offered stuffed sole : ( chicken parm had way too much pepper, broiled fish was saturated and parts of it overdone. Disappointing.