The Wharf Pub
37 Bowens Wharf
Newport, RI 02840Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Wharf Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewharfpubnewport.com/
- Phone: 4016195672x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Scott Kirmil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Patio Options
Private Dining Room Options
Full Buy outs
- Private Party Contact: Adrienne Kirmil 4014865378x
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday through Sunday evenings/afternoons; Bingo every Thursday evening 8pm-10pm with Charlie; Trivia every Monday at 9:30pm with Kelvin
A word from The Wharf Pub
A Fresh and Creative take on Classic Pub Food with an Emphasis on Local Ingredients and Bold Flavors. Our Draft Beers are all New England Based Beer Companies and we pride Ourselves on an Eclectic and Unique Wine List at a Local Price Point.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Wharf Pub - Best Restaurants in Newport ›
The Wharf Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (10)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (6)scenic view (5)hot spot (5)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great food but noisyKnittasaurusDined on 8/31/2014We didn't have to wait at all to be seated. Our table was ready even though the restaurant was packed on Labor Day weekend ...We were seated right in front of a guitar player singer... His first set while we were there was wayyyy too loud...he went on a break and the second set was turned down a bit, which we were ok with. Food was excellent. We had a party of 8 and all loved it. Even accommodated a vegan in the mix. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- A Delicious Meal and Great Beers!ErnieDined on 8/26/2014Having just arrived in Newport, we wanted a casual dining experience, but good food. We chose the Wharf Pub because it was close to our hotel. and seemed to offer "comfort food" which after a day of traveling seemed appropriate. We were pleasantly surprised by their extensive beer menu, and by the waitress offering us a tasting of "unknown" brews. The food was fabulous - my husband had chicken and waffles with a maple syrup sauce, and i had a delicious cooked to order angus burger with fried oysters and another wonderful sauce. We shared a beet and gorgonzola salad that was also delicious. The only disappointment was that we were too full for dessert, which I understand is great. We will definitely go back when we are in Newport.Special Features:
- AverageAmbienceVIPDined on 8/25/2014We had a nice dinner. Food was average and not too costly.Special Features:
- Creative menuanonymousDined on 8/8/2014The menu was fun --- offering unusual dishes -- Only wish is that the beer would have been served in real glasses or mugs instead of plastic cups.... otherwise -- wait staff was friendly and helpful, service was timely --food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not satisfiedmac0903VIPDined on 8/1/2014Service was ok...we had multiple servers. Food was not good..too many spices in the food and the server could not explain what one of the spices were. Will not be back!Special Features:
- Great Times!LN07Dined on 7/26/2014Great time overall! Good food, good atmosphere, good beer list!Special Features:
- Friday nightMikemc1231Dined on 7/18/2014We ate outside on the porch, great spot for people watching, great beer selection, we had two very nice servers. The bartender was a bit rude ignoring our waiter when he went back a second time to get our beers. Out her then the bartender great service good food and great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer DisappointmentAmyChemQueenDined on 7/12/2014The table was sticky (not from food but from paint/stain). Disappointingly, only wine and beer. Appetizers were literally elementary school cafeteria tater tots with various toppings. Before our appetizers even arrived, we were rushed into ordering our meals. BBQ Pork Shoulder Mac & Cheese - little meat and no cheese with some semblance of a little bit of white sauce. They wanted us to leave our table as we were paying and a manager suggested that the member of our party that was waiting in the bathroom line could go around the corner to the public restroom. Unbelievable rude and bad food coupled with bad service. This place is dark and dank. Avoid at all costs.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014My husband and I were vacationing in Newport and had dinner here one night. The food was very good and it was very reasonable. The waitstaff was very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014The food didn't really have a lot of flavor or it was too salty. The bread on the grill cheese was too thick and over powering. The cheese inside was not a good melting cheese, the chowder and collards were very salty. the only thing that was ok were the tater tots and the dipping sauce. However, they did have a great band, "OutCry".Special Features:
- OrelandmomOrelandMomDined on 6/19/2014Good beer selection. Dining room was very dark. Almost couldn't read the menu. Food selection was okay. Great place to grab a bite, but wouldn't go for a special night out. Very casual atmosphere. Service was fair. Didn't feel like anyone was going out of the way to make sure we were okay.Special Features:
- StrangeCatherineprovVIPDined on 6/16/2014I really think it was an off day we went. We arrived 15 minutes after it open and the bartender outside was not happy we were there he kept saying how behind he was and he would get to us when he could. Good that we weren't in a rush. 15 minutes later we got menus and waters. Then another 10 to have him come back so we decided to not get any drinks just order food and get out of his hair. Food was great loved the truffle tater tots and the ambience is lovely. They really did a nice job. Just need a little attitude tweaks here and there I think. Even if you are buried and in the weeds you never show that or mumble things under your breath in front of customers. We will go back as it was a nice place. Comparable to the smoke house price wise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouiseDined on 5/25/2014Casual but nice pub. Right on one of the waterfront wharves. Very active area. The service was excellent. Our waitstaff knew a lot about the menu. Food was good and varied. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Really goodBarbDined on 5/23/2014Nice lively atmosphere, good friendly service, and very good food.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the The Wharf Pub reviews archive.