The Whale's Tail
3950 Bluefin Circle
Oxnard, CA 93035Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Whale's Tail
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewhalestail.com/
- Phone: 8059852511
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Lalo Guzman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer many choices to fit your catering needs. Please contact us for more info.
- Private Party Facilities: The Whale's Tail Restaurant We appreciate your consideration to host your special event at The Whale's Tail in the Channel Islands Harbor. The Whale's Tail is one of Ventura County's best kept secrets!! Secluded in The Beautiful Channel Islands Harbor overlooking the water, The Whale's Tail has been family owned and operated for over 40 years. The Whale's Tail is renowned for hosting and celebrating extraordinary special events and weddings. The Whale's Tail offers several distinct and exclusive options for your special event. For your corporate event, wedding, holiday event, birthday party, anniversary, graduation, or other celebration on the water, we are confident that our facilities and services will exceed your expectations. Our professional staff is committed to excellence in quality, planning and personal attention to every detail of your event. The Whale's Tail is the perfect choice for all your event and coordination needs.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Macias 8054444617
- Entertainment: The Whale's Tail offers live weekend music. Please check our calander website for days and times.
A word from The Whale's Tail
With a touch of class and an unmistakable style all its own, The Whale's Tail offers just the right place to match your mood. Enjoy a casual rendezvous with old friends in our upstairs Shellfish bar, a romantic dinner for two or a celebration with family and friends in our main dining room downstairs. There's no better way to truly be a part of the tranquility of daily harbor life or the after-hours excitement when the sun dips into the ocean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Whale's Tail reviews from OpenTable diners
- VERY DISAPOINTED AT THE WHALES TALEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Apon our arrival to the fron desk we were greated by what shoould have been a hostess but was told to wait while she informed the seater that we were there. The seater/hostess asked us how she could help us, we had to replay we were there for dinner??? She then asked us to wait to see if they had any view tables avail, apparently they did not because we were sat within 3' of the salad bar! But watched as at leat one other view table was available. Not only were seated at the salad bar but it was the main access to the rest of the restaurant. At several points we had peoples butts in our faces getting salad and bumping our chairs. We ordered the $150 special of filet mignon and lobster of which the steak was fatty and the lobster was mush.Special Features:
- Doors lockedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/24/2012Our family arrived for our 5:30 reservations on Christmas Eve with confirmed reservations to find the doors locked and apparently not opening that night. After driving over 50 miles we were very unhappy and found it diffucult to find other accomodations on that holiday at that time of the evening. Opentable needs to check and find out why we received a reminder of our reservations the day before!
- This really is a great place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/1/2012This really is a great place. The view, the food and the service are always first rate.Special Features:
- DougOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012Great view of the harbor. Friendly staff. Good food. We had a great time.
- Our "fancy night out" withCansteirixVIPDined on 10/28/2012Our "fancy night out" with the 2-year old twins was terrific. The waitress was very helpful and took great care of us. The food was great. The boys enjoyed the kids menu and we loved the selection of seafood: Sea Bass and Halibut were great.Special Features:
- Very good seafood in a nicergzspickVIPDined on 10/13/2012Very good seafood in a nice waterside restaurant. I liked the sea bass, and my wife liked her fish and chips very much. They have a nice salad bar, too. The service is very good. This is the second time we had dinner on a Saturday night, and both times there were functions in one part of the dining room--one time a wedding dinner, and the second time a high school reunion. This made for a noisy environment. We will try the Whale's Tail on a Sunday to see if it is less noisy. The parking lot should be better lit--it's quite dark for parking.Special Features:
- Dinner with a show!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2012Dining at the Whale's Tail was a great experience. The setting is wonderful and we were lucky enough to watch a group of seals searching for dinnerr while our dinner was being prepared. The food was excellent and our server was very attentive and gracious.Special Features:
- First visit to this harborrgzspickVIPDined on 9/15/2012First visit to this harbor side restaurant that has an emphasis on seafood. We liked our entrees, mine was salmon and my wife had clams with pasta in a white wine sauce. Both were very good. The salad bar is a nice feature. Very good service, considering it was a Saturday night and there was a large wedding party in one side of the restaurant. We hope to return soon.Special Features: