The Westside Local
1663 Summit Street
Kansas City, MO 64108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Westside Local
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewestsidelocal.com/
- Phone: (816) 997-9089
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday: 11 AM - 9 PM
Friday & Saturday: 11 AM - 10 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Sam Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for up to 30 available any time. If you would like to rent the beer garden or the restaurant we can make it happen.
- Private Party Contact: Brandon Strick 8169979089x
- Entertainment: Eclectic acoustic music in the beer garden on First Fridays and some other nights.
- Special Events: Large party reservation fees may apply.
A word from The Westside Local
The restaurant you'll wish was in your neighborhood, in the neighborhood you'll wish was your own. The Westside Local offers seasonal comfort food with class, sourced as locally as possible. Enjoy it all with extensive beer and wine lists in our historic wood-beam and brick dining room, grapevine covered beer garden, or dashing little bar. Or just order some Carry out for that quiet evening at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Westside Local - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
The Westside Local reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (78)great for lunch (46)good for groups (27)great for brunch (26)great for outdoor dining (26)special occasion (17)hot spot (17)romantic (13)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The food and service was fabulous!Nursemona2012Dined on 11/22/2014I love your chicken kale wrap!!! Dessert was excellent! Can't wait to come back. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and location.Food4funDined on 11/14/2014This place was a great find. The food selections were a great and taste was exceptionsl. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceKSN1Dined on 11/7/2014We had a reservation for 5:45 but didn't receive our food until 6:45. The staff seemed to all be running around at top speed. The food was great, as always, but the food preparation was just very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Food in Fun AtmospherePlazaLivingDined on 10/31/2014We enjoy the creative food options. The choices available for creating a custom appetizer plate are especially good. The deviled eggs are great! The atmosthere is inviting and contemporary. The clientele here is fun and we always connect with people who are interesting to visit with.Special Features:
- Westside Local #1 foodie havenAvatarAttorneyDined on 10/30/2014Despite high noise level, and a brick-walled, wooden floor old bar ambiance, the food is fresh, locally grown, organic and delicious. Located just west of the Kaufman Performing Arts Center and across from the Bluebird Bistro, it is a gem in the neighborhood. It fills up fast, so be certain to have a reservation. Extensive beer and wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasureDinnerloverVIPDined on 10/17/2014friendly service, fresh and delicious meals and yummy drinks with a neighborhood feel. Couldn't ask for more!Special Features:
- Great casual dining!moAbVIPDined on 10/12/2014Warm welcome, pleasant servers, fun list of drinks and good wine and beer offerings, wonderful appetizers, good selection of mains and sandwiches, quality local sourced ingredients, excellent flavors, veggie options, and great deserts. Also an excellent selection of cheese and meats for appetizers or to add to any course. Of course we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I enjoy bringing friends to Westside Local. It charming. Good service and the food is good.Special Features:
- DelishChloeDined on 9/28/2014Loved the food. Loved the setting. I would make this a must stop if u r looking for a good vibe, local restaurant that serves very good food.Special Features:
- Great food sub par servicefoodieforlifeDined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious. I ordered the chicken polenta. Interesting use of lavender in the sauce and great flavoring overall. My only complaint is that the food took almost an hour to come out and the server only stopped by twice - once to take our order and then again to drop off our entrees. The restaurant wasn't overly packed so not sure why our food took so long to come out. Would recommend this restaurant but with caution...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We went to Westside Local for lunch with co-workers. Great place! A member of our group had been there before and said they have a great happy hour with a beer garden area. I highly recommend this local gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Local QualityJuneDined on 9/17/2014The local seasonal emphasis always promises intriguing variety. Their suggested pairings with beer are not pretentious or haughty. There is a vibrancy across generational lines, with all feeling welcome. The atmosphere is urban.Special Features:
- First TimersChristinaCoganDined on 9/6/2014We had the BLT (which is leaving the menu soon) and the heirloom burger and parmasean fries and they were both amazing! Had a Zin that was to die for!! We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryJerryDined on 8/29/2014Another quality evening at one of our favorite spots!!Special Features:
- SamFoodieForRealDined on 8/29/2014Love the food! Cool eclectic atmosphere. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside Local; a prize atop a hillIrishDined on 8/24/2014Westside local is a pleasing restaurant with a varied menu, exceptional staff, and unique atmosphere. When you dine here you know that the ingredients are fresh and the flavors appealing. The Blunch is a good time to gather, enjoy the cuisine, and just relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACEtallyhoVIPDined on 8/22/2014The service and the food were amazing. Hamburgers are always a good choice. One of our faves in KC.Special Features:
- Good food, albiet a bit overpricedperfecteggDined on 8/5/2014I've dined a few times and have always been pleased with the food, so much so that I go back and am always surprised at the price tag. It seems like it should be a neighborhood gem, but prices are high for that type of locale. The atmosphere is great and service is standard. One thing I've noticed is that there isn't salt and pepper on the tables. While they will happily provide upon request, I've found that some of the food I've had could use a bit of salt (and I'm not one to overly season nor season before tasting). I do like this place and will likely return, but will think twice about other places I could be spending the same amount of money for food that will floor me.Special Features:
- Nice little findthecasualfridayDined on 8/3/2014Great find in the art district. It's a little pricey for a brunch spot, but the food is organic and their homemade jams are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an unfortunate nightWJI73Dined on 8/1/2014We arrived at 8 pm on a Friday night with a party of 8. Took us 90 minutes to get served after ordering. They either lost our order or were horribly under staffed. Our waiter was almost afraid to come to our table, instead of being apologetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 429 reviews are from the The Westside Local reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2014great spot for dinner before a show at Kauffman, or Sprint Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tomato souptomatosoupDined on 7/30/2014I had the tomato soup. I had the tomato soup and blt. Very yummy. I had the tomato soup. I had the tomato soup and blt. Very yummy. I had the tomato soup. I had the tomato soup and blt. Very yummy. I had the tomato soup. I had the tomato soup and blt. Very yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfultlynnVIPDined on 7/30/2014Best waitress ever! Great food and so accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014The food was wonderful. I didn't know what to expect. I've talked to people who said it was very good. I was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Best tenderloin I've ever eaten!TeacherSarahDined on 7/18/2014The service was great, the ambience was welcoming and relaxing. I had the best tenderloin steak I've ever eaten - cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- It takes time for great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Some of the best food I've had in KC, but if you are going for lunch, make sure you add a little extra time as you will not get in and out within an hour. However, it's way worth it and good, quality food takes time!Special Features:
- Good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014This was my first visit but won't be my last. Lunch was wonderful and our group was very happy with everything that was ordered. Cute place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm-To-Table AwesomenessNateDined on 7/11/2014Truly enjoyed this wonderful meal + appetizer. You can completely tastes the freshness in everything they prepare; from their house-made ketchup to their nummy veggies. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!FarmfreshfoodieDined on 7/11/2014I wanted to surprise my wife with a special dinner/date night at a local, farm to table type restaraunt. Having 5 children, our nights out alone are rare so I was taking a chance on a new restaurant. I must say our experience at The Westside Local was PERFECT! The food was delicious and so was the atmosphere...I had the Windhaven burger and it was honestly the BEST burger I have ever eaten! My wife had the BLT and she said the same thing. We started with the hummus plate and enjoyed every bite. We will definitely be back and hopefully sooner than later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only complaint is noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014Everything about Westside Local was excellent except the noise level was terrible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014I introduced a friend of mine to this great restaurant and I wasn't disappointed! Our food was wonderful and served quickly. We had time for conversation and food!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, mixed experienceKarenVIPDined on 7/3/2014Westside Local has a terrific, very interesting menu and our food was wonderful. I look forward to going back. But from now on I will always ask for a table away from the front door. Even with window shades, the setting sun made it impossible for one of our party to find a spot where she was not squinting into the sun. When I was there in the winter and seated near the door, the cold gusts of air from the opening/closing door were very bothersome. These were big distractions both times.Special Features:
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014On a gorgeous afternoon, it was fun to share our outdoor table with others. The food was good, served quickly, and the atmosphere was great. I had a very nice rose'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Have Reservation!HillerinoVIPDined on 6/29/2014Went on a Sunday and thankfully had a reservation! There was a line to get in and those without reservations had to wait. Service was excellent and the food was great! Get the apple bread French toast - to die for! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BummerWolfgangDined on 6/27/2014Salads looked like they were four days old when served. Beers were brought to our table at near room temperature. Quinoa burger had the texture of mashed potato and was served cold. Requested no cheese on the burger and it was served with cheese. New burger brought out and again was undercooked and mushy. Sent the bun for the burger back as it was swimming in butter or grease. New bun for burger served with even more oil on it and the waitress acknowledged it but did not offer to remedy the snafu. Bison sausage taco was greasy and full of gristle. Bathroom smelled like an old Greyhound bus depot can. Adjoining table had AC condensate dripping near their table from a duct up above. Pickles were good and the highlight for us.Special Features:
- ConsistentTGW1VIPDined on 6/27/2014Westside Local has consistently good food and service. I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys good food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A/C not working?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014Food was good & great environment. Only complaint is that it was so hot in there & there was water dripping from the ceiling right by our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightedMalarneyDined on 6/18/2014Everything was wonderful except for the flickering lights. I guess they had switched to an LED bulb in the lamps that were on a dinner switch and the LED lights couldn't decide what to do, but that little quirk will not keep me from going back! Everything was just delightful and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside locale4444Dined on 6/15/2014Our waitress Erin was very abrupt and not friendly the negative vibe was uncomfortable. When asked what sides available she say they are listed on top she did not explain. The rest of the staff seemed unhappy to be there also. The food was good but extremely slow and the service to pay also extremely slow. The place minus the negative vibe is pretty and urban trendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great al fresco diningcatladyDined on 6/13/2014The outdoor area is terrific and so is the food. Service was also outstanding. Also a great beer list. The chicken mole tacos are something you don't see everywhere, and they are wonderful!Special Features: