The Westgate Hotel - Sunday Brunch & Le Fontainebleau Room
1055 Second Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Westgate Hotel - Sunday Brunch & Le Fontainebleau Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.westgatehotel.com/
- Phone: (619) 238-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fabrice Hardel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For a detailed description of all available private dining facilities please contact our Catering Sales Manager Anna Geiss Travis.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Geiss Travis 6195573722
- Special Events: If you are joining us for our Mother's Day Brunch please note the following: Credit card guarentee is required with a 72 hour cancellation policy. Guest will be charged 50% of reservation if they are outside of the policy. We require that guests arrive within 15 minutes of their reservation, arriving outside of this time frame will result in automatic cancellation of reservation. Valet parking is available at the special event rate of $8.00. We look forward to welcoming you on Mother's Day!
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: We offer 24 hour valet parking for hotel and dining guests.The Westgate Room and the Sunday Brunch validate parking for two hours at a charge of $3.00. Special event and Holiday parking rates may apply.
Directions to Hotel Parking:
Please proceed to end of Second Avenue and turn right immediately before trolley tracks, ignoring the "Left turn only" signs (it is OK to turn right if turning into the hotel). Proceed down the ramp to the valet desk
A word from The Westgate Hotel - Sunday Brunch & Le Fontainebleau Room
For more than 40 years, the Westgate's Sunday Brunch has been a San Diego tradition. Enjoy lively music while sampling a feast of the freshest seafood, gourmet cuisine, bountiful fruits, freshly baked breads and pastries as well as traditional breakfast favorites. Accompany your meal with our full beverage and dessert bar.Continued
$45 per person, Children under the age of 12, $29
$45 per person, Children under the age of 12, $29
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Westgate Hotel - Sunday Brunch & Le Fontainebleau Room - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
The Westgate Hotel - Sunday Brunch & Le Fontainebleau Room reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (27)special occasion (23)romantic (13)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great culinary experienceIsaacGBDined on 11/9/2014Great experience worth repeating next time I'm in San DiegoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Food was Great, and the piano was nice however it was to loud. Being with elderly and trying to have conversation over the piano was difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not over-hypedFHFFMikeDined on 10/19/2014Sunday Brunch at Le Fontainebleau Room was everything I expected. A sumptuous gourmet spread, excellent food, and a more than accommodating staff. My sole complaint was that the variety and the quality was for good, I couldn't sample everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestgateDonFDined on 10/12/2014Outstanding brunch and elegant setting. A tremendous variety of foods. It would be hard for anyone to not find a favorite among the offerings. My only concern is that there is no longer a dress code and some people just do not know what to do in a restaurant of this caliber. Ball caps should be banned as well as shorts and flip flops. In addition, families with babies or kids should be placed in a separate room as they inevitably begin to get annoying. The Westgate is not a Denny'sSpecial Features:
- Amazing as alwaysbananasplit5Dined on 10/12/2014Great food and desserts with plenty to choose from. Good quality food that was cooked well. Friendly service. You can't ask for more!Special Features:
- excellent high class buffettnickDDined on 10/5/2014Hope you like seafood and buffets because this is a high class, high value spot! Raw bar, crepe station, carving station, omlette station, live piano music, rolling cheese cart, bottomless mimosas: I'm not sure what else you could want at a classy buffet!Special Features:
- Best brunch in San DiegoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014Affordable, gourmet, outstanding service! My favorite by far in San diegoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Champagne Brunch!SDpickyfoodiesDined on 9/28/2014I always want to find a nice Sunday Brunch place in San Diego, this one obvious is the one! The setting is beautiful, very French! The food is well presented and displayed, plus delicious! Unlimited Champagne and live piano music made this place even more Romantic. Fresh oyster, caviar, French cheese... I loved everything! If you are looking for something romantic + good food for Sunday Brunch, I hope this one will be your top choice. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Sunday BrunchDisneyDebDined on 9/21/2014Our four generations (mom, me, daughter & glambaby) enjoyed a lovely Sunday brunch. Food & drink choices were really nice delicious. I've been for high tea but first time for brunch and won't be the last. I appreciated how friendly the staff was...especially since we had a toddler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic restaurantMaritai143Dined on 9/21/2014Me and my husband had a perfect brunch perfect place to go . I been recommend to a lot of friends after I left restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambience!JamesZDined on 9/14/2014THe hotel has the best ambience and French decor I've ever seen. The molding, tables, chairs, and art make you feel like your an aristocrat in France in 1650! Of course it's a little pricey but for a special occassion its well worth it!Special Features:
- Great BrunchPrincess52Dined on 9/14/2014This is the first time I've been to The Westgate Hotel for brunch and I was not disappointed. At $45 pp, considering all brunches are around the same price, this one is the best brunch I have ever been to. Caviar and Champagne...what more do you need? I will def be back! Too bad this brunch is not in my own neighborhood...I'd go all the time! YUM!! Also, the service was spectacular!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Brunch was very disappointing. Skimpy plates of food, no cheese service, piano too loud, tasteless food and the waiter was no where to be seen. We will never return.
- Better and BettersharonredbarronDined on 9/7/2014We've been to the Westgate for brunch many times, and it keeps getting better and better. The venue is older elegant, and there is live piano music to entertain you while you do brunch. There is a wide range of people that attend this brunch: older, younger, children, dressed up, casually dressed. We enjoy that this is a seafood-centric brunch, yet you also have other items such as prime rib and roasted lamb. Many of the dishes are served in small plates -- nice presentation. Don't miss the blini with creme fraiche and caviar. And among the nice desserts displayed, I enjoyed the creme brulee and the salted caramel. And the nice & dry champagne is free flowing! A nice birthday/anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Wish the pool had more room, was very samll. Staff AWSOME gave us FIRST class!!!!Special Features:
- Brunch at WestgateNorcoFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Brunch at Le Fontainebleau is one of our favorites. We have been dining at this restaurant for the last 15 years. The food and service are wonderful and never disappoint. There is a nice variety in the food offered at brunch along with the standards. Service is attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- The following 132 reviews are from the The Westgate Hotel - Sunday Brunch & Le Fontainebleau Room reviews archive.
- Sunday Brunch & Le FontainebleauAroundtheworldDined on 7/27/2014We went to a Sunday Brunch & Le Fontainebleau Room. It's a great place for a special occasion. The food was great: big variety, tasty, lots of seafood. The service was good. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place for CelebrationskareninsdVIPDined on 7/20/2014If you want to celebrate a special occasion, the brunch here is superb. The room and table settings match the Victorian decor, and the wait staff is attentive, making sure your mimosas, bloody marys or magaritas that are included in the brunch never go empty. There is live piano music in the background and soft lighting all around. The brunch itself is sumptuous, seafood in abundance and an assortment of regular breakfast items. There is a crepe bar for dessert or many other treats if you don't like crepes. It is well worth the price and is now on our list of "special" places for special occasions.Special Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014For $45 you get a buffet full of incredible seafood meat and breakfast foods. Not only that but all you can drink champagne mimosas Bloody Mary's margarita's tequila shots vodka with a variety of juices. Get there at ten and it runs until two. Definitely worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance and sophisticationMrsKing1211Dined on 6/22/2014The food was delectable, the atmosphere was charming and the setting was reminiscent of a royal event. Such a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!DeannaKDined on 6/15/2014Although the price tag was hefty ($52 adults and $29 kids) for Sunday brunch, everything was wonderful. I particularly enjoyed that the chafing dish foods were in individual dishes so it looked (as well as tasted) fabulous. My favorite foods were the mac-n-cheese on top of a short rib, the chocolate croissants, the fresh made crepes and the chocolate fountain (with high quality chocolate). I also liked that margaritas and bloody marys were included as well as champagne. If you do not like seafood, you may find this buffet a little limited - there were other options, but it was very heavy on seafood. It also does not include sparkling cider if you want that as a champagne alternative.Special Features:
- A Father's Day to rememberDining4memoriesDined on 6/15/2014The Westgate for Father's Day brunch was the most memorable choice I could have made. The staff went over and beyond to accommodate our family. Instead of having us wait past our reservation time we were given the private dining room. IncredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need improvement in serviceSdgirlDined on 6/15/2014Food was good. Love the decor and ambience. But food replenishment on buffet table extra slow, staff not very welcoming or attentive ( didn't even know where to check in when we got there). Suggestions: assign staff to welcome guests at top of stairs and.....SMILE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Father's Day BrunchczwirnDined on 6/15/2014I have been to the West Gate brunch several times before but this time it was very special. First time for my husband and toddler son! The service was great and so kid friendly it made us feel very welcomed. It is hard to find such an elegant restaurant that works for parents of young, very active kids and Le Fountainebleau Room was just perfect!!Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchBonettaDined on 6/8/2014Really enjoyed the selection and quality of the food. Presentation of items was outstanding. Great value and drink selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marketing/PromotingKnoxgraace1Dined on 5/11/2014Enjoying this venue for 40 years: ~considerations: ~ Provide / promote full price inc tx and gratuity for Special occasions. ~ "Share" that your party may NOT be ie: in Le Fontainebleau room as advertised...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Seated in a hallway..turned out to be better than in the dining hall which was cramped and loud. Food was great, but everyone seemed very snooty. Also was rushed to finish as they were breaking down the hallway seating.Special Features:
- Mother's Dayworkout2eatoutDined on 5/11/2014As always, food was great and seafoods tasted fresh. I didn't like that prices were raised just for the special occasion and yet it seemed like the same types of food were served as regular brunch. And for some reason, they don't have waffles on special occasions so in some sense you're paying more for less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceGemsVIPDined on 5/11/2014My family brought me here for the Mother's Day buffet. I read the reviews and so my expectations were high. The place lived up to all the great reviews. Service was outstanding from the moment we arrived. Staff went above and beyond to get whatever was needed. I asked if they had non fat milk because most places don't have it. Our server said not to worry and he would get it. Someone asked for syrup even though there were no dishes that required it. Another server told her they would make it. Although not as large as Humphries, the offerings were filled with high quality seafood, meat and pastries. We will definitely return regardless of the added incentiveof a $25 voucher. Highly recommend elegant venue for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch in San DiegodinemasterVIPDined on 5/4/2014Le Fontainebleau Room is outstanding! The food, the service and atmosphere was great. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining and ServiceGinaColoradoDined on 5/4/2014Such a wonderful place for brunch -- great food, exceptional service and the ambience is over the top!! Second time to dine here and will always be the GO TO PLACE when in San Diego!!! Can't say enough good things about all of it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperienceMonkey13Dined on 4/20/2014This was an amazing brunch! It pretty much had everything under the sun to eat, but the only item I wish they had was Martinelli's sparkling cider. My husband and I do not drink champagne, but I was hoping the would have an alternative for us to drink, such as Martinelli's. I thought they might have it since it was a kid-friendly Easter brunch, but everything else was amazing!! It was a fun, special Easter brunch experience.Special Features:
- traditional Sunday brunchValentinDined on 4/20/2014It has become a tradition for the past 5 yrs. To celebrate Easter Sunday at the Westgate Hotel Sunday Brunch & le Fountainebleau room. My family of 5 comeout each year with love to these occasion my wife and me with the food my children with the person who makes them the balloons and tattoos. But this year I have to say the service we had two person that made our experience so wonderful and their names are Fernando Turrubiartes and Adrian Reyes would like to extended our gratitude. Thanks and will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE the Westgate!CJB06Dined on 4/20/2014Actually....we had such a relaxing time (with THREE small kids none the less!) that we decided to stay the night and booked two adjoining rooms. The food....and not just the brunch....is fairly priced. Not the over charged hog wash most hotel eateries lay on you. The food was always hot, fresh, and top of the line. It's not a s big as the Del's brunch...but it's not as "busy" feeling and you never have to wait for a champagne refill.....and the hotel smells like primrose. The decor is beautiful...just amazing. I'd call it eclectic antique European with a very French feel. Everything is clean and well run. It's very much family owned....you can see the pride people have in their hotel and working there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Easter BrunchCaliforniaLeslieDined on 4/20/2014We took my Mother-in-law for Easter brunch. It made her so happy to be in such an elegant setting. The service , even though it was buffet, was great. The staff was helpful and friendly. The champagne was flowing and the music was soaring. It was a lovely way to enjoy a special occasion.Special Features:
- I expected more from the food,Lawgurl27Dined on 3/23/2014I expected more from the food, but then again it was a brunch buffet. The service and presentation were excellent, champagne was free flowing, but the food and other drinks were just ok. I may return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Sunday Brunchbananasplit5Dined on 3/23/2014I would highly recommend the brunch here for amazing food and drinks. Fresh squeezed orange juice, amazing food, and great atmosphere. There is such a wide range of food that I don't imagine anyone capable of trying everything unless the portions were shared. The food ranges from breakfast to "dinner" items. Amazing friendly service, fresh and tasty food, and bottomless drinks. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingblingmommaVIPDined on 3/9/2014I had read some reviews that said food was not hot. Well everything we had was great. Loved that most items are already individual. Either in a ramekin or small plates. We were in a room with another large group but we only heard the singing of happy birthday which our table joined in as it was my birthday. The staff was accommodating food was great. Did not have anything that was not good. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to standardssloveDined on 3/2/2014Regardless if it was towards the end of the service, service should not deteriorate and become borderline rude. People were still in the buffet line but our waiter had checedk out. We had to repeatedly ask the waiter to bring coffee, or water, or bread. He spilled creamer on the floor 1 foot from our table. Rather than take a cloth and gracefully remove the pooled liquid, he took his foot and rubbed it into the carpet! His impatience with his customers was obvious on his face as he never smiled. His whole attitude oozed irritation with the people making requests from him. I still love the Westgate for brunch. I guess i will just need to make sure that I arrive towards the beginning of service when the wait staff is fresh.Special Features:
- Honest reviewSanDiegoEaterDined on 2/23/2014We heard the Sunday brunch was fantastic, not today. Over all the experience was just ok, should have been much better for the price and location. Our issues were.... The food was not at the right temperature. Hot needs to be hot and cold needs to be cold. This is just good restaurant protocol. This needs to be improved. ....After the fact we found out that they have a wonderful cheese serving trays that were never offered to us, and bread service... Hum.... Not sure why this was not offered. Overall the brunch was ok... In closing they did mention that they had many people extra guests today over their normal seating of 125. Maybe they were not prepared to manage a larger group. A private note will be sentSpecial Features: