1 Carter Notch Road
Jackson, NH 03846Neighborhood:
Mt. Washington Valley
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thewentworth.com/
- Phone: 6033839700x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday:6:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neal Myers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can offer one of our dining rooms for a private dining function. This dining room is very flexible in its setup and can be customized to meet your specific needs.
- Private Party Contact: Eleanor Koeppel 6033839700 x
- Entertainment: Listen to or sing along with our pianist in our lounge on Friday and Saturday from 8:00PM until closing.
A word from The Wentworth
The Wentworth dining room at The Wentworth Hotel in the center of Jackson Village serves local and regional cuisine focusing on finding the freshest local ingredients and cooking with care and attention to detail and presentation. This summer we were awarded with "Certified Farm to Restaurant" designation from the NH Farm to Restaurant association. Chef Neal Myers and his team create nightly specials in addition to the regular menu if you have any allergies or dietry requirements please do not hesitate to ask.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Wentworth - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington Valley ›
The Wentworth reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (29)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (6)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best Filet Mignon I ever had.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The portions were small, but the food was exquisite. We'll definitely go back there.Special Features:
- Superb food spoilt by the restOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The food was excellent. Booked in advance, but we were led into an empty third dining room, for first half of meal we were tho only diners in a room of probably more than 20 tables. Order was taken but the server returned after about 10 minutes to re-take the order. When the starter was served, on of the two was incorrect. Replaced after the other diner had half finished her meal. Bread was brought just after the starter course was delivered , 15-20 minutes after the order was first taken. We were almost the only diners, the server looked in only occasionally; thus wait for additional drinks was excessive. We ordered the "prix fixe" menu basis but the bill was presented based on the individual items - + 15% on the food cost.
- FoodiesFoodiesVIPDined on 10/13/2014We had the $38.- meal. Our first courses of tomato soup and salmon were very good and so was the dessert of creme brule. The dissapointment was the main meal. My husband had the veal milanese. It was not much but okay. I've asked the waitress if I could get the $7.- appetizer House made Gnocci as a main meal. She came back and said yes, they would give me the amount of gnocci for a main meal and some vegetables on it. All I can say "it was awful!" There were only 5 gnocci on top of the mushrooms and a lot of spinach and two pieces of carrots on top. The gnocci tasted like mashed potatoes. The waitress who was very friendly and helpful told me I could have another meal. I got the veal with nothing else. Disappointing!
- Relaxing DinnerMoBeeVIPDined on 10/12/2014After spending the weekend @ Storyland, I chose The Wentworth for a quiet dinner. The setting was lovely, a beautiful, country inn. The drinks were excellent. There was a delicious amuse bouche & a nicely prepared entree. We chose an after-dinner drink, in lieu of dessert. Overall, it was a lovely evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingIlovebeefVIPDined on 10/11/2014The best part of our meal was the service that we received, but the food itself was much to be desired. My partner ordered the pork loin, which was over-cooked and dry that he actually had to return it to the kitchen. The server was apologetic for it, and quickly replaced the dish with something much more palatable. He also poured us more wine for what happened. However, overall, even with my beef tenderloin and the replacement dish of lamb stew, the food was much to be desired and did not exceed any of our expectations. The setting was romantic, so when the menus were presented on what seemed like giant iPads, it took us by surprise and appeared somewhat gimmicky.Special Features:
- Consistently goodMoseyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Have dined here a number of times and have never been disappointed. Spouse was dismayed at small portion of prosciutto and melon but everything else satisfactory. Shredded blue cheese salad perfectly done. Enjoyed the petit filet mignon and lobster with pasta. Apple galette and ice cream a perfect finish.Special Features:
- NH Leaf PeepingGordyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Excellent services... love the old charm of this hotel and restaurant! Food was excellent, as well.... a locally inspired chaice of vegtables pork was cooked exactly the way we like it! Salads were fresh! would recommend to friends any time!Special Features:
- peabodyfoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014While food was good as usual, service was terrible. This is the second time that we've dined at the Wentworth recently, and both times service was sketchy at best.Special Features:
- Great placeDinerguyDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant was awesome! It had all that u would want for fine dining: atmosphere, great food, quality service & a great location! every course was wonderful....especially the dessert! I would highly recommend the Wentworth for your vacation dining.Special Features:
- Lovely Dining ExperienceJB62inAlabamaDined on 10/6/2014On a recent trip to New Hampshire my husband and I had a wonderful dinner at The Wentworth. The restaurant was beautiful, and the service was excellent. We had a shredded lettuce salad and lobster served over linguini. So delicious. The desserts were perfection. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent food with great atmospherReneeVIPDined on 10/5/2014The chowder was great. Lobster and pasta was fabulous. Paul, the bartender, was super nice and very helpful. Will definitely fine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peabodyfoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great experience. One of the best up-scale restaurants in the Mt. Washington Valley.Special Features:
- Best in the N. Conway areaMikeVIPDined on 9/25/2014Stop eating on the North Conway strip and head straight to Jackson. In my 35 years of visiting the North Conway area, this is the best dining experience I've had ever. The Fixed Price Menu presented some fantastic options that were easy on the wallet.Special Features:
- Outstanding Price Fix DealM1ReviewDined on 9/18/2014Not only was the food excellent but the price fix menu is a great deal. You will not be disappointed. Great service too.Special Features:
- Never fails on a Wonderful dinner.AngArm72Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I have been here 5 times and every time we are not disappointed. The staff are always friendly and accommodating. The chef Neal E. Myer changes the menu seasonal and is always delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return engagementPhoebeDined on 9/5/2014There are no good restaurants in North Conway/Jackson NH area. Mediocre food and surprisingly expensive. Tried the Wentworth in Jackson after reading menu online. Superb. Went back again next night. The chefs actually use almost all farm to table products in their cuisine. Lamb steak with tomato basil mint sauce was wonderful. Returned next night for lobster au jus. Very subtle flavor with tail and claw meat served in shell with a light butter sauce. Excellent. Appetizer of duck prosciutto and another of crab cake were flavorful and fresh. Dessert of black raspberry sorbet with brownie round first night a perfect pairing. There is a $38 prix fixe 3 course option with no limits/surcharges on choices. Service both nights excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special meal.PsnhDined on 8/8/2014Good menu choices. Excellent fresh, local products. Terrific wait staff. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration Dinnerkareem29Dined on 7/25/2014To celebrate our 40th Anniversary vow renewal ceremony, we wanted a special place for dinner. Although we had traveled to the area many years, we had never been to The Wentworth before. We were warmly greeted and congratulated, then escorted to a private area, where only we were seated. It was a very special, lovely room! Our server, Tam, was efficient and very helpful with the menu, especially catering to dietary needs of one of the guests. The food was locally sourced, fresh, inventive and absolutely delicious. The appetizer of duck prosciutto was wonderful, as was the filet of beef. The beef was perfectly cooked, juicy and delicious. All the guests agreed this was a very special dinner, to celebrate a very special occasion!Special Features:
- A surprise in the MountainsFussyVIPDined on 7/20/2014I am amazed that in Jackson NH, far from civilization, there is this really creative restaurant with superb execution. Every dish we had was prepared with a deft hand and restraint. Often chefs get carried away and do too much. Here the chef surprises you with ingredients and good preparation and creative pairings but things don't go over the line into silly. The Prix Fixe menu is a real deal. When do you get a deal and great chic food? We also appreciated that the ingredients were sourced locally to the extent possible. Lastly, a trained wait staff is a delight.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary and it was great. The food is unbelievable. The atmosphere is quiet and romantic if you get there at the right time. My only complaint (and this goes for breakfast and dinner) is that they are a little slow when it comes to seating you. We had dinner there two nights and breakfast there two mornings. Both mornings we waited about 10 minutes while the servers saw us standing there waiting but never came over to say someone would be right with us. At dinner, it was the same thing. The dining room manager seemed a little overwhelmed both times. Aside from waiting to be seated, our servers were fantastic. Since it was our anniversary, they gave us a bottle of champagne which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic & DeliciousB777WorldTravelerDined on 6/27/2014Cuisine was exceptional, service was excellent, and the atmosphere was wondeful for our anniversary dinner. I highly recommend The Wentworth as a wonderful way to edify and thank someone important in your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 239 reviews are from the The Wentworth reviews archive.
- A Special Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014My husband and I went to the Wentworth as part of a weekend getaway. We arrived 30 minutes early for our reserved seating time, but the hostess seated us right away. The diningroom was empty when we arrived, but filled quickly. Service was prompt and attentive, but not intrusive. The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! As part of the Prix Fixe, we each had an appetizer, entree and dessert, which was just enough. I had the Parmesan Gnocci, Beef Tenderloin, and Summer Berry Trifle. After, we strolled along the stream across the street and enjoyed the views. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- PricelessVIPDined on 6/1/2014The dining room was beautiful and the service was efficient and unobtrusive. The beef dishes were particularly good and the blueberry pie was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014The food quality was excellent...and nice and hot. Service was great as well. Atmosphere was charming/elegant/romantic. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24th AnniversaryMikeDined on 5/21/2014Food was excellent. Service was outstanding and friendly and very personable. And, the noise level was perfect for a nice quiet evening. We will make it a point to revisit this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience, ThanksEvergreenDined on 5/10/2014We are so lucky that we can walk to the Wentworth from our vacation home in Jackson. Dinners are great but so is the Brunch. See you soon JoyceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in a lovely settingLukiDined on 4/10/2014The Wentworth's restaurant is lovely. It is more formal because of the decor. The waitstaff are very cordial, not too stuffy! The potions are small but everything was delicious and beautifully presented. We had the pan roasted Salmon and on special, the lamb chops, the sides were delicious. I agree with another reviewer that if you like dessert, the prize fix for $38.00 would be a good choice. I wish they offered more wine by the glass selections. The bottled list looked well balanced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet romantic dining spotAnneDined on 4/3/2014we have been here several times- the food is always well prepared and presented. Portions are not large. Best deal is the $38 prix fixe - first course, entree and dessert. Elegant , unusual items but you never leave feeling stuffed. Dessert was disappointing this time. Flourless chocolate cakes was pale brown- almost tasting like gingerbread- strange. Beef tenderloin was perfectly med. rare.Lobster ravioli (2) were delicious. Unfortunately they have dropped their own line of wines and champagne and now there is not a bottle on the menu under $40 and the $40 bottles sell in the local liquor stores for $10-12. Martinis were a good size and $10. Service was excellent- attentive but not invasive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was niceWolfgangstructsDined on 3/29/2014Experience was overall good. Food was nice I had lamb two ways she had the tenderloin. Beef was better lamb was good but sausage was under flavored the mashed potato and bordelaise sauce were the star. Waitress while very nice was hard to engage. Ambience was very quiet but definitely upscale New England inn/tavernish. Had the pri fixe, shrimp was tasty so was lobster ravioli. Also dessert was ok. I probably would go back but not before I tried the other nice inns in the area. For us as a young hip couple it was nice but not extraordinary. Prices were fair while being romantic. I think middle aged couples and above would enjoy the wentworth's charmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the lobster pot pie!SweetpeaVIPDined on 3/14/2014We have been going to the wentworth for several years now. Our most recent visit was one of our best yet! They have a new chef and we could immediately tell. The lobster pot pie was 5 star! We also enjoyed everything else we had that night.Special Features:
- Fine foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We enjoyed the food, serving sizes are quite small but we would both rather have a reasonable amount of very good food than a huge portion of mediocre food. Great wine selection and we enjoyed a very nice sauvignon blanc that was not overly expensive. What disappointed us was the service. It was very efficient, but extremely abrupt. We were not made to feel welcome by the waiter and felt he just wanted to get us in and out of there. I have to say that the bartender in the lounge was quite friendly and welcoming, despite being very busy.Special Features:
- If you're in Jackson and you'rePahshaDined on 3/3/2014If you're in Jackson and you're a foodie, this is a must, you don't have to bother with other places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the meal was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2014Some of the meal was good and some of it was just average.
- An amazing evening!RickDined on 2/15/2014We had a great evening at the Wentworth! The food was fantastic and the service was friendly and excellent. Following dinner, we listened to fun music in the lounge. I would recommend The Wentworth for a dinner while you are in the Jackson area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Overall it was very nice. It is traditional New England inn that has been renovated to include some modern features. It is in the middle of ski country, so it does take on more of a casual atmosphere. We did not consider that in our planning, consequently, we were a tad bit overdressed at dinner. Despite the fact that it was Valentine's Day, I was the only man in a sport coat. Sweaters were the rule for the men, and slacks for the ladies.The dining room host/hostess and the attendants were excellent.The food was good, but didn't blow us away. The Maine crab salad with avocado was excellent. My pork chop, however, was slightly overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and AtmosphereMzzolaDined on 2/9/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant and will make it an annual event from now on when we visit the quaint town of Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappoinmentdisappointingDined on 2/8/2014We made this reservation weeks in advance. When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to sit at the bar or our table, and that there would be a wait. We opted for our table. We were seated at 7:00 and ordered shortly thereafter. We didn't get out entrees until 9:00. The steak was okay, the chicken thin, dry and cold. We would not recommend this restaurant for anything other than the atmosphere.
- Smaller food portions thanBricksDined on 2/1/2014Smaller food portions than other restaurants in the Valley but well presented and tasty. Recommend stopping at the bar first and then proceed to table with drink in hand - our server took 30 minutes to get us a drink. Otherwise service was timely and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, small portionsLisaDined on 1/31/2014Very nice place for a quiet dinner. Recommend it for couples. My husband and I think it was a little overpriced for the portion of food, but it was delicious.Special Features:
- In Jackson for my nieces weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2014My husband and I went here 15 years ago on our honeymoon. The food was very good then also. The service not so much. We had to practically beg our waiter for the check. This time the food was also good the service ok. We had to finally ask someone to get our waiter for the check. He ran our bill without the bottle of wine on it. Then he came back and said he need to run a new bill and our card got over charged by $125.00 and it automatically put a 20% tip on it. It was just the 2 of us. Plus we had left a 20% tip in CASH. My husband went back the next morning and he had to show them our account where the money had been charged. We will not be returning. FYI, there was only 5 other parties and we were the last to leave.