1 Carter Notch Road
Jackson, NH 03846Neighborhood:
Mt. Washington Valley
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thewentworth.com/
- Phone: 6033839700x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday:6:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neal Myers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can offer one of our dining rooms for a private dining function. This dining room is very flexible in its setup and can be customized to meet your specific needs.
- Private Party Contact: Kathleen DeVitto 8006370013x
- Entertainment: Listen to or sing along with our pianist in our lounge on Friday and Saturday from 8:00PM until closing.
A word from The Wentworth
The Wentworth dining room at The Wentworth Hotel in the center of Jackson Village serves local and regional cuisine focusing on finding the freshest local ingredients and cooking with care and attention to detail and presentation. This summer we were awarded with "Certified Farm to Restaurant" designation from the NH Farm to Restaurant association. Chef Neal Myers and his team create nightly specials in addition to the regular menu if you have any allergies or dietry requirements please do not hesitate to ask.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Wentworth - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington Valley ›
The Wentworth reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (15)romantic (13)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Special meal.PsnhDined on 8/8/2014Good menu choices. Excellent fresh, local products. Terrific wait staff. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration Dinnerkareem29Dined on 7/25/2014To celebrate our 40th Anniversary vow renewal ceremony, we wanted a special place for dinner. Although we had traveled to the area many years, we had never been to The Wentworth before. We were warmly greeted and congratulated, then escorted to a private area, where only we were seated. It was a very special, lovely room! Our server, Tam, was efficient and very helpful with the menu, especially catering to dietary needs of one of the guests. The food was locally sourced, fresh, inventive and absolutely delicious. The appetizer of duck prosciutto was wonderful, as was the filet of beef. The beef was perfectly cooked, juicy and delicious. All the guests agreed this was a very special dinner, to celebrate a very special occasion!Special Features:
- A surprise in the MountainsFussyVIPDined on 7/20/2014I am amazed that in Jackson NH, far from civilization, there is this really creative restaurant with superb execution. Every dish we had was prepared with a deft hand and restraint. Often chefs get carried away and do too much. Here the chef surprises you with ingredients and good preparation and creative pairings but things don't go over the line into silly. The Prix Fixe menu is a real deal. When do you get a deal and great chic food? We also appreciated that the ingredients were sourced locally to the extent possible. Lastly, a trained wait staff is a delight.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary and it was great. The food is unbelievable. The atmosphere is quiet and romantic if you get there at the right time. My only complaint (and this goes for breakfast and dinner) is that they are a little slow when it comes to seating you. We had dinner there two nights and breakfast there two mornings. Both mornings we waited about 10 minutes while the servers saw us standing there waiting but never came over to say someone would be right with us. At dinner, it was the same thing. The dining room manager seemed a little overwhelmed both times. Aside from waiting to be seated, our servers were fantastic. Since it was our anniversary, they gave us a bottle of champagne which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic & DeliciousB777WorldTravelerDined on 6/27/2014Cuisine was exceptional, service was excellent, and the atmosphere was wondeful for our anniversary dinner. I highly recommend The Wentworth as a wonderful way to edify and thank someone important in your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014My husband and I went to the Wentworth as part of a weekend getaway. We arrived 30 minutes early for our reserved seating time, but the hostess seated us right away. The diningroom was empty when we arrived, but filled quickly. Service was prompt and attentive, but not intrusive. The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! As part of the Prix Fixe, we each had an appetizer, entree and dessert, which was just enough. I had the Parmesan Gnocci, Beef Tenderloin, and Summer Berry Trifle. After, we strolled along the stream across the street and enjoyed the views. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- PricelessDined on 6/1/2014The dining room was beautiful and the service was efficient and unobtrusive. The beef dishes were particularly good and the blueberry pie was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014The food quality was excellent...and nice and hot. Service was great as well. Atmosphere was charming/elegant/romantic. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24th AnniversaryMikeDined on 5/21/2014Food was excellent. Service was outstanding and friendly and very personable. And, the noise level was perfect for a nice quiet evening. We will make it a point to revisit this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience, ThanksEvergreenDined on 5/10/2014We are so lucky that we can walk to the Wentworth from our vacation home in Jackson. Dinners are great but so is the Brunch. See you soon JoyceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 234 reviews are from the The Wentworth reviews archive.
- Delicious food in a lovely settingLukiDined on 4/10/2014The Wentworth's restaurant is lovely. It is more formal because of the decor. The waitstaff are very cordial, not too stuffy! The potions are small but everything was delicious and beautifully presented. We had the pan roasted Salmon and on special, the lamb chops, the sides were delicious. I agree with another reviewer that if you like dessert, the prize fix for $38.00 would be a good choice. I wish they offered more wine by the glass selections. The bottled list looked well balanced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet romantic dining spotAnneDined on 4/3/2014we have been here several times- the food is always well prepared and presented. Portions are not large. Best deal is the $38 prix fixe - first course, entree and dessert. Elegant , unusual items but you never leave feeling stuffed. Dessert was disappointing this time. Flourless chocolate cakes was pale brown- almost tasting like gingerbread- strange. Beef tenderloin was perfectly med. rare.Lobster ravioli (2) were delicious. Unfortunately they have dropped their own line of wines and champagne and now there is not a bottle on the menu under $40 and the $40 bottles sell in the local liquor stores for $10-12. Martinis were a good size and $10. Service was excellent- attentive but not invasive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was niceWolfgangstructsDined on 3/29/2014Experience was overall good. Food was nice I had lamb two ways she had the tenderloin. Beef was better lamb was good but sausage was under flavored the mashed potato and bordelaise sauce were the star. Waitress while very nice was hard to engage. Ambience was very quiet but definitely upscale New England inn/tavernish. Had the pri fixe, shrimp was tasty so was lobster ravioli. Also dessert was ok. I probably would go back but not before I tried the other nice inns in the area. For us as a young hip couple it was nice but not extraordinary. Prices were fair while being romantic. I think middle aged couples and above would enjoy the wentworth's charmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the lobster pot pie!SweetpeaVIPDined on 3/14/2014We have been going to the wentworth for several years now. Our most recent visit was one of our best yet! They have a new chef and we could immediately tell. The lobster pot pie was 5 star! We also enjoyed everything else we had that night.Special Features:
- Fine foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We enjoyed the food, serving sizes are quite small but we would both rather have a reasonable amount of very good food than a huge portion of mediocre food. Great wine selection and we enjoyed a very nice sauvignon blanc that was not overly expensive. What disappointed us was the service. It was very efficient, but extremely abrupt. We were not made to feel welcome by the waiter and felt he just wanted to get us in and out of there. I have to say that the bartender in the lounge was quite friendly and welcoming, despite being very busy.Special Features:
- If you're in Jackson and you'rePahshaDined on 3/3/2014If you're in Jackson and you're a foodie, this is a must, you don't have to bother with other places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the meal was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2014Some of the meal was good and some of it was just average.
- An amazing evening!RickDined on 2/15/2014We had a great evening at the Wentworth! The food was fantastic and the service was friendly and excellent. Following dinner, we listened to fun music in the lounge. I would recommend The Wentworth for a dinner while you are in the Jackson area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Overall it was very nice. It is traditional New England inn that has been renovated to include some modern features. It is in the middle of ski country, so it does take on more of a casual atmosphere. We did not consider that in our planning, consequently, we were a tad bit overdressed at dinner. Despite the fact that it was Valentine's Day, I was the only man in a sport coat. Sweaters were the rule for the men, and slacks for the ladies.The dining room host/hostess and the attendants were excellent.The food was good, but didn't blow us away. The Maine crab salad with avocado was excellent. My pork chop, however, was slightly overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and AtmosphereMzzolaDined on 2/9/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant and will make it an annual event from now on when we visit the quaint town of Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappoinmentdisappointingDined on 2/8/2014We made this reservation weeks in advance. When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to sit at the bar or our table, and that there would be a wait. We opted for our table. We were seated at 7:00 and ordered shortly thereafter. We didn't get out entrees until 9:00. The steak was okay, the chicken thin, dry and cold. We would not recommend this restaurant for anything other than the atmosphere.
- Smaller food portions thanBricksDined on 2/1/2014Smaller food portions than other restaurants in the Valley but well presented and tasty. Recommend stopping at the bar first and then proceed to table with drink in hand - our server took 30 minutes to get us a drink. Otherwise service was timely and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, small portionsLisaDined on 1/31/2014Very nice place for a quiet dinner. Recommend it for couples. My husband and I think it was a little overpriced for the portion of food, but it was delicious.Special Features:
- In Jackson for my nieces weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2014My husband and I went here 15 years ago on our honeymoon. The food was very good then also. The service not so much. We had to practically beg our waiter for the check. This time the food was also good the service ok. We had to finally ask someone to get our waiter for the check. He ran our bill without the bottle of wine on it. Then he came back and said he need to run a new bill and our card got over charged by $125.00 and it automatically put a 20% tip on it. It was just the 2 of us. Plus we had left a 20% tip in CASH. My husband went back the next morning and he had to show them our account where the money had been charged. We will not be returning. FYI, there was only 5 other parties and we were the last to leave.
- Enoyable experienceVermontsunDined on 1/23/2014Dinning at the Wentworth is relaxing and very pleasant. The food is wonderful. I had a crab cake that was outstanding followed by a delicious lobster pie. My husband had a petite fillet that was perfectly cooked to his specifications, and a delightful salad with pears, blue cheese and crispy kale which he loved and he usually does not like kale. The dessert was a lovely finish to out meal with creme brule and a carmel apple on pastry. The staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulLisaDined on 1/17/2014we were staying at the Wentworth and did the meal plan option- the meals were wonderful. Our dinner was not hurried and included 4 courses which were all very good. The menu was varied for our party of 4- we all actually got different dinners both nights we were there so we tried it all! Breakfast was very large portions and delicious- I asked to have a smaller omelet made and they did a great job. Full of great veggies- just what I wanted!Special Features:
- Quiet getawayRustynetDined on 1/15/2014There was only one other group in the restaurant mid week when we came to celebrate our anniversary. We asked to be seated away from them and got the table in front of the fireplace even though we were two and it was set for four. Expert friendly service and good food. Nice wine selection. The menus are lighted! What a great idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic food,massbuggDined on 1/11/2014Absolutely fantastic food, attention to detail, wonderful service. Great place for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place ! I did reserveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013Very nice place ! I did reserve on line and requested a window seat. They did not offer us the seating arraignments requested even though the host mentioned our request and window seating was avsilable. That was the only drawback as it was a birthday dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We drove three hours to enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013We drove three hours to enjoy the Christmas spirit abd this is our 2nd year Christmas eve wonderful placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful Christmas EveMamakessDined on 12/24/2013I had the prix fixe shrimp cocktail, which was a little skimpy and seemed pre- frozen. Enjoyed the salmon entee which but it was a little dry; helped by the polanta and spinach. Ordered a dessert to go of bread currant pudding which made a delicious Christmas Day breakfast for me! The ambiance was incomparable. Service impeccable. Impressed by the led backlit menus. Beautifully decorated to inspire the Victorian Christmas sentiment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wentworth is a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013The Inn as well as the restaurant get so many things right that others miss. The pan seared scallops were particularly tasty, the soups are wonderful, and the extra touchs like the lighted menus are really appreciated fo over 50 eyes when you forget your reading glassesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Dinnerescape2mtnsDined on 11/28/2013The food was terrific and the atmosphere as beautiful as we'd expect, but the wait between courses was agonizing, especially with two kids.... this was a three hour meal from the time we were seated until we left.Special Features:
- Meal was very good. We enjoyedsireatsalotDined on 11/1/2013Meal was very good. We enjoyed the smaller courses allowing us to eat 4. We left with full bellies and would revisit. Atmosphere was quiet and had New England charm. We could have used a wedge under our table to cut the rocking down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place in the areacaptmikeVIPDined on 10/31/2013we dinned here for a special occasion and we stayed at the Inn the meal was included in our stay and dine package. we were able to select anything on the menu for our 4 course meal , all of the selections we made were great and we were not disappointed, if we come back to the area we will stay and dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmetswell2loveDined on 10/19/2013Awesome awesome! This place is outstanding. The service was great. No pressure to leave also. Everytime we go up ti NH,we will defintely dine there. Food is superb!!!! 10 stars in my bookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2013The food was excellent. Our server, Paul, was pleasant and efficient. Restaurant was accommodating in allowing one in our party to expand an appetizer to an entree portion. A most enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning in Every WayCoachjudeDined on 10/14/2013Our evening at The Wentworth was truly outstanding in so many ways. The food, the service, etc. were on the scale of "drive out of your way to dine here"! And did I mention how beautiful this establishment is? You really shouldn't miss it!Special Features:
- Romantic eveningKateVIPDined on 10/13/2013We go to this place every year around our anniversary. We got engaged here 15 years ago. The place was as beautiful and romantic as it is today. We had great weather this holiday weekend in October but in mid winter the inn will take your breath away. Stunning views, fireplaces in every room, a lovely bar with piano. The food is always amazing, the service excellent. After dinner cocktails with billiards relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will defiantly dine there againFoodieDined on 10/11/2013Stayed 2 nights in the area (Nordic Village). Found Wentworth on TripAdvisor (voted #1 in Jackson). Dinner twice there and understand why it's. Other number 1. It deserves it! Fine cousin, sophisticated taste, pleasant ambience and attention to detail service. The second time we were there, the host greeted us "welcome back!" Immediately. It's not that we'd been to there every day for a week or something but he sure remembered us. The dishes satisfy you with great rich flavored, not heaping quantity which is not a small achievement. That's what you call fine dinning. And it comes with a very reasons price which is another gem. Try it at least once and you will see my point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.