101 West 57th St.
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thewayfarernyc.com/
- Phone: 2126910030x
- Hours of Operation:
7:30am-10:30am (Saturday + Sunday)
10:30am-3:30pm (Saturday + Sunday)
3:30pm-5:30pm (Daily) --limited menu before dinner service
5:30pm-11pm (Monday-Wednesday and Sunday)
For parties over 7 please contact the restaurant directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Braden Reardon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 6th Ave
- Public Transit: TRAIN:
N,Q,R (57st/7av) or (5av/59st)
A,C,1,B,D (59ST Columbus Circle)
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Street parking available as well as several 24 hr parking garages nearby.
Central Parking:101 W 56th st or 58 W 58th st.
Quik park:9 W 57st or 125 W 58st.
A word from The Wayfarer
Located in the heart of midtown the Wayfarer is a must for everyone in New York. Executive chef Braden Reardon provides a unique dining experience featuring diverse artisanal American seafood and steak cuisine. His menu includes flavorful signature dishes such as shellfish cioppino and a 28 day dry aged prime cut ribeye with mushroom rosemary ragu. The wayfarer also offers a variety of locally sourced fresh fish and shellfish options from the raw bar as well as appetizing breakfast, brunch and lunch menus. To add to the overall dining experience, award-winning mixologist Christian Sanders has created a collection of innovative custom craft cocktails. The main bar and second floor lounge provide a perfect place for after work drinks or gathering of close friends. The luxurious grand dining room is furnished in rich leathers and woods, for an “old meets new” atmosphere drawing inspiration from the 1970’s blended with the classic New York of the 1800’s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Wayfarer reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (15)special occasion (14)notable wine list (12)hot spot (11)great for brunch (9)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Highly RecommendedDcerngDinrVIPDined on 10/21/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at The Wayfarer. The seafood platter and dover sole was perfect for this pescetarian. The sides of farro and potato gnochi really enhanced the meal. And culminating it with the peanut chocolate candy bar dessert is highly recommended. The service is attentive and professional and help to create a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Better Than Anticipated!80sGirlDined on 10/19/2014Upon recommendation, I tried The Wayfarer for the first time on Sunday. I loved the vibe/energy there, the chrome elegance, very delicious food, and extremely attentive staff. I look forward to dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Established and still excellentRexFredVIPDined on 10/17/2014I have visited The Wayfarer since its opening, and been impressed at the maintenance of quality, service and vibe as the restaurant matured. Well done!!Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2014Service was no good and food was fair. the drinks took a long time getting to us, we were not asked if we needed refill. Waiter brought another table's food to our table then it was removed. The food was brought to the table with the bread we didn't order and it took sometime to get what was ordered. Not a great experience.
- Nice neighborhood additionJarjeanneVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great service, casual, good food. A great addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.LindarDined on 10/10/2014Three of us ate here pre-theater and had a wonderful meal. All of loved what we ordered. The grilled prawns with avocado salsa were well seasoned, well grilled and presented beautifully. We've put this restaurant on our definite 'go again' list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantreetDined on 10/4/2014this restaurant is a perfect find....the wait staff very cordial and knowledgable. chef has a flair for making a normal dish elegant and very tasty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014A disrespectful waiter and hot temperature ruined it for us in particular for how expensive it was. The food was excellent and while the manager tried to makeup for the waiter it just in the end didn't compensate for the disagreeable interaction. Also the maitre d could have sat up exactly where we wanted since the place was empty when we arrived.
- Memorable dining experienceKazzapDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant has everything: great food, classy ambience and excellent service. The food was just delicious and all of the flavors combined beautifully. I loved the whole dining experience.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/14/2014My salmon dish was delish!! Octopus a must!! Didn't care for the chopped salad(wasn't chopped and the dressing bland). Was looking for pear or myer lemon vodka, they didn't have😏. Oh.. Hope they ll have real martini glasses next time I go😑. My son had a white wine it was very good not sure what it was though. Almost forgot: the olive tape ade(I called it choc mousse) delish!!! Our waiter Julio kept us entertained; Adam(the manager) was very accommodating. We had a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unremarkable food, atentive managerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The food was very salty, over priced and simply not good. The waiter was not friendly or helpful. They forgot our sides during the meal and brought the check. However the manager noticed the mistake before we even mentioned it and corrected it, which I found impressive.
- SusieQSusieQDined on 9/11/2014While visiting New York we walked by this restaurant several times and from the sidewalk view looked appealing. Made the reservation and was not disappointed. Food was delicious and the service exceptional. Would recommend to anyone wishing to dine in a warm and welcoming space that offers delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Findfussy4VIPDined on 9/11/2014i know this corner has been a few different restaurants so I was pleasantly surprised when the whole dining experience turned out very good. The food, mainly seafood was very fresh and delicious. The service was excellent with the host making sure everything was alright. I had Branzino over white beans in a light wine source that was the perfect portion. The grilled octopus and lobster roll as appetizer were right on point. I would recommend this restaurant if you like all of the above ratings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibilities but rough now.chesbVIPDined on 9/7/2014Food was excellent, service was rough with long spans of inattention by staff resulting in a lot waiting between courses. Poor attention to detail such as no soup spoons for Gazpacho (which was excellent), and they could only come up with a "tablespoon". Rapper background music was totally inappropriate and set at high level. Wine selection was good, but tended to be overpriced at up to four time retail. This place has possibilities, but they must iron out the kinks or people will move on.
- As bad as it getsBarryejohnson100VIPDined on 9/3/2014A low to mediocre restaurant with the windows all open to street noise. Way over cooked "over easy eggs. Salty bacon, over microwaved. Lox that the salmon disowned. Overpriced. And I'm being overly kind.
- happycamperVIPDined on 8/18/2014Best gaspacho I have had in New York Maitre d went above board to find us the quietest table in the restaurant(not that it was quiet) Need to play the music one or two decibils lower as the noise level is loudSpecial Features:
- Food Is Just AverageShavanahVIPDined on 8/9/2014A friend and I dined here after seeing a show. Upon entering, the restaurant is gorgeously designed. Beautiful seating and colors. The wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. However, the food was average. I ordered the little lobster roll, the black bass and the apple tart. The lobster roll was decent but I've had better at less expensive restaurants in New England. The black bass was not seasoned and luckily I had ordered the puree potatoes which I combined with the fish to have a little bit of flavor and texture. The apple tart was bland. My friend enjoyed her scallops, but felt that the beef tartar was just average. Pricey for the quality of food. Would try other restaurants before returning here.
- Not good for parties of 6NelsonVIPDined on 7/22/2014We were a party of 6 business colleagues. They placed us in a booth that is not designed to seat 6 comfortably. Looking around, there was no other seating area for a party of 6 except these small booths. The food was very good but 6 middle-aged men crammed in a booth is not a recipe for a good dining experience.
- On balance, delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014The salmon with crispy skin entre was superb. The passion fruit semifreddo was memorable. Service was friendly and most helpful. A moderate noise level made conversation possible. This is not true for many many other restaurants these days.Special Features:
- really great spotnycdinerVIPDined on 7/21/2014great cocktails, good food (albeit slightly limited menu) and fantastic service. it's a seafood restaurant so the prices are a little high but the quality is definitely there and while it was pretty busy, we were never rushed after we finished eating - which can be a rare treat in some restaurants in nyc.Special Features:
- Great new midtown brunch spotSupertuscanVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was very good and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/17/2014We were somewhat leary to eat at a "hotel restaurant" but we were pleasantly surprised. We had a super early reservation because we had tickets for the bolshoi ballet immediately following. Our waitress was super friendly and asked us off the bat if we had theater tickets so that she could be sure we stayed on schedule and while most places do that I often find that once the server hears the answer is yes you get rushed out. This waitress (so sorry I forgot her name as I'm about 6 weeks late writing this review) balanced it perfectly we had plenty of time to enjoy our delicious meal. The mini lobster rolls were my mom's favorite but honestly every bite was amazing. I will definitely go back and have recommended it to many.Special Features:
- Wonderful food & excellent serviceFoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014Overall just a wonderful experience from the helpful waiter to the attentive staff. We had the salmon and the chicken breast and both were perfectly cooked. The beet salad was also a welcome part of the meal. Would definitely return on a trip to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work DinnerSol13Dined on 7/8/2014Great selection for large groups especially for corporate dinners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening!SugarMagVIPDined on 7/5/2014Could not be happier with our experience at The Wayfarer! We were seated at a two top along the gorgeous leather curved banquette - with open windows to lovely evening outside. The menu is small, the focus is quality. My husband had the Seafood Platter that is meant to be an appetizer for his meal. The seafood platter, all steamed items, arrived on a double decker platter in a presentation that was spectacular. He thought for sure there had been a mistake and that he had gotten the larger Deluxe Seafood platter in error. But no, this huge array of Shrimp, Lobster, mussels, clams and oysters was indeed that smaller platter and it was fantastic. My meal, the Grilled Shrimp with avacado/cilantro was equally delicious!Special Features:
- Fantastic FindRavilaksDined on 7/2/2014I came to this place with my clients to try a new spot in the area. The food was phenomenal (especially the artichokes, octopus, and prawns) and was beyond thrilled. The service was impeccable and the staff provided a great experience. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Going downhillVisitingNYCVIPDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I had visited this resturante about two months ago and were very impressed with the food and knowledge of the wiat staff. This visit we noted the resturante was only about 50% full on a Saturday night at 8:30pm. The food was still excellent, but we were dissappointed our waiter(s). They seemed confused who was supposed to be taking care of what, and did not exhibit any of the knowledge of the menu we experianced on our first visit.
- The following 44 reviews are from the The Wayfarer reviews archive.
- PeteyDined on 6/24/2014Yes- This is the third time I have been here. The service was terrible the first time, mediocre the second time, poor last night. We were very clear that we were in a hurry and needed our appetizer and entrees brought together. They missed that and we had to leave hungry. Shame for them, given how much I eat out. The food is very good but the service is inconsistent (and I suspect that the kitchen small/slow)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other than small glitch,perfectbcorbittVIPDined on 6/20/2014I have liked eating in the other restaurants in this group including blt fish,steak and cassa nonna and like seafood so had to give this place a try. I went for my birthday and place did not disappoint.Service was excellent attentive without being pushy. The place is nice with plenty of space between tables so you are comfortable and like All the food was done just right.Only issue maybe was oyster list was long but only had a few available. Only thing that distracted from night was I am part of restaurant loyalty program and one of the benefits is getting half off dinner on your birthday. There system was not hooked up so did not get that. I am not sure waiter knew that benefit as be just mentioned not getting points. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre & ExpensivePadreVIPDined on 6/17/2014A nice environment but the food was tasteless, the service was lackluster and the prices those of a much better restaurant.
- maryannDined on 6/11/2014I had hopped it would have a more innovative menu. Although the food, etc was very good - the price was a bit over the top. NYC is pricy - and this is a pricy neighborhood but I think you might try to appeal to other than the expense crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!CeliacFoodieDined on 5/30/2014We were staying at the Quin Hotel next door, my husband has a severe gluten allergy and they made a huge effort to accommodate us, management were on top of it and the chef came out to speak to us. Everything was perfect, however our waitress had a little bit of an attitude that made me feel a bit uncomfortable...it really wasn't clear to me what she didn't like about us, I was dining with my husband and two children who were pretty well behaved, and we didn't have any out of the ordinary requests. I am not going to let her attitude ruin such an enjoyable meal, the rest of the staff were very courteous, friendly and I cannot fault the service they provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place on the park!DCfoodiesVIPDined on 5/25/2014We went there on Memorial Day weekend. Started off with a drink at the bar, then moved to oysters, which were amazing. The porterhouse steak and mushroom sides for dinner were also incredible. Our service was always prompt and efficient, and we really enjoyed the meal and the ambience.Special Features:
- Quin essentialTenaftertenVIPDined on 5/15/2014The restaurant within the Quin. Very nice in all aspects. Great service. Great food. Went back the next night for dessert and a nightcap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaySandy449VIPDined on 5/11/2014A light and airy space at miday. The food was good with a nice selection. Very busy but the service was attentive and friendly. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- joechazDined on 5/9/2014This seafood centric place is conveniently located and has a pleasant ambience. The food is very good indeed, and when they resolve some of the slow service issues, it should become quite popular. The pricing is really high for the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some attentionJamesVIPDined on 5/8/2014This was great when it first opened but the good has taken a nose dive unfortunately. Would like to see fresher product, seafood was jelly like and should be crisp.Special Features:
- OverpricedFoodieVIPDined on 5/6/2014I went one time and that is all I would go. Drinks are on the high side-$17 and the wine list needs alot to be desired. There is no consistency in the pricing of the wine. In one style, it went from $78 a bottle to $220. Food was good but again expensive for what you got.
- No serviceCreamyjellyVIPDined on 5/4/2014This place was a joke. No one had a clue about service. Do not go!
- Awesome food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/3/2014Good: food is excellent - fresh, interesting, flavorful; open, bright ambiance; bus staff is excellent. Bad: terrible waitstaff - expect stuck-up and rude without even near the flawless service that sometimes comes with that in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.